MattScott

Cheating

13 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

theres a comment section when you report to give them an idea of what happened and what to look for now.

My point isn't the quality of the reports or anything, the report system is actually very in-depth and usable now. My point is that they can't get to the reports quick enough to take timely action. You could have anti-cheats that ban instantly for anything out of the ordinary, but right now it's like the support ticket system. It's so back up with so few people manning it that it can take weeks or maybe even months for a reported person to get banned.

1 hour ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

My point isn't the quality of the reports or anything, the report system is actually very in-depth and usable now. My point is that they can't get to the reports quick enough to take timely action. You could have anti-cheats that ban instantly for anything out of the ordinary, but right now it's like the support ticket system. It's so back up with so few people manning it that it can take weeks or maybe even months for a reported person to get banned.

I don't think we actually know when a report is gotten to or not. 

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I don't think we actually know when a report is gotten to or not. 

We don't really, but it can usually be assumed by when you notice you no longer see a certain player anymore even thought they used to be on often

4 minutes ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

We don't really, but it can usually be assumed by when you notice you no longer see a certain player anymore even thought they used to be on often

Good point. 

5 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

.......... so if a pro can do it then its worthless even though most cant ? uh no.

I and many others love keeping most out rather than none at all

It's why pro hackers sell them as packaged cheat programs readily available for cash.  That was from a website teaching coders how to bypass BattLEye.

Not to mention the trouble of going through 3 anti-cheats and keeping it updated for every single one. Granted some assclowns will still get through, but at that rate, they'll be charging exorbitant amounts and that'll at least cut down on the cheaters by damaging the customer base for those hacks and take out some providers as well.

6 hours ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

Not to mention the trouble of going through 3 anti-cheats and keeping it updated for every single one. Granted some assclowns will still get through, but at that rate, they'll be charging exorbitant amounts and that'll at least cut down on the cheaters by damaging the customer base for those hacks and take out some providers as well.

Hack providers won't price themselves out of sales. That's not how it works. 

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Hack providers won't price themselves out of sales. That's not how it works. 

Obviously, but they aren't going to keep the same price when it's triple the effort. It'll be raised accordingly which will stop some people from buying it regardless. If they raise the price and lose sales, they can still keep the same profit margin

I don't understand why people think this is a fixed game already.  Consider it like playing an alpha version full of bugs and exploits and a million old issues, garbled unoptimized code and wonky performance, server crashes and even ddos.  But we have the HOPE...
giphy.gif
That LO is fixing that wonky code and planning to make a far better iteration of the game we all love.  Later, after we have a new engine make complaints.  Why complain about what's already broken?

On 1/18/2019 at 9:06 PM, NotTheEnforcer said:

From what I can find, it'd be best to use the trio of AC's. Fairfight for the Statistics base to ban blatants, BattlEye for the public ez-cheats (not good for private since it rarely updates/changes), and then EAC for the private cheats. Some of the major providers stopped providing cheats for games like Rust when EAC got more aggressive with their updates, making it too time consuming to even bother with updating cheats. 

Yeah, it's costly to have so many, but until LO has the capacity to ban cheaters quickly by themselves, they're gonna need all the help they can get. The report system does nothing but tell them to investigate an account, they need shit to do that for them while they get their strength.

And thats key, freq updates that requires the makers of the cheats to constantly spend more time keeping them up to date which then they lose time to do anything else. Then they stop making them. Hacking is a constant battle of updates to get the 1up on the other party and eventually one side will cease, normally the side making said hacks. This would especially be for a game as dead as APB. The prob is that battle eye isnt being updated often enough nor are hackers being dealt with fast enough. If LO sped these up wed see alot less

Removing FF increases the need for active GMs etc. Having staff inexperienced in APB to look over who is cheating is tricky. It takes years of proper experience to quickly spot types of cheating not even visible to a beginner, semi-experienced or even very well experienced as long as they don't have the proper type of experience. Ego gets in the way here. The correct set of eyes can spot things easily on streams daily which the vast majority of veterans will never notice at all. People hate to hear me saying it.

Edited by SilverCrow
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SilverCrow said:

Ego gets in the way here.

5 hours ago, SilverCrow said:

The correct set of eyes can spot things easily on streams daily which the vast majority of veterans will never notice at all. People hate to hear me saying it.

i can’t tell if you did it on purpose or not 

On 1/20/2019 at 4:31 PM, Hey! said:

I don't understand why people think this is a fixed game already.  Consider it like playing an alpha version full of bugs and exploits and a million old issues, garbled unoptimized code and wonky performance, server crashes and even ddos.  But we have the HOPE...
giphy.gif
That LO is fixing that wonky code and planning to make a far better iteration of the game we all love.  Later, after we have a new engine make complaints.  Why complain about what's already broken?

yes they are fixing armas and other money grabs, if that is the hope this game shall remain uninstalled since 2018 

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

i can’t tell if you did it on purpose or not 

I don't know what you mean.

30 minutes ago, SilverCrow said:

I don't know what you mean.

"Ego gets in the way here.",  followed by "People hate to hear me saying it."  in reference to the "vast majority" of veterans 'not seeing it like your correct eyes can'

at least it seems like you are talking about yourself here

4 hours ago, SLICKIEM said:

"Ego gets in the way here.",  followed by "People hate to hear me saying it."  in reference to the "vast majority" of veterans 'not seeing it like your correct eyes can'

at least it seems like you are talking about yourself here

You can talk about yourself without being egotistical.

38 minutes ago, SilverCrow said:

You can talk about yourself without being egotistical.

I can't.

But then again, I'm fabulous. 

• Thanks 1

'A few people with a big amount of cheater accounts.'

Sad.

Pile them up, hammer them harrrd.

• Like 2

On 1/25/2019 at 6:48 AM, SilverCrow said:

Removing FF increases the need for active GMs etc. Having staff inexperienced in APB to look over who is cheating is tricky. It takes years of proper experience to quickly spot types of cheating not even visible to a beginner, semi-experienced or even very well experienced as long as they don't have the proper type of experience. Ego gets in the way here. The correct set of eyes can spot things easily on streams daily which the vast majority of veterans will never notice at all. People hate to hear me saying it.

I always find it funny people softlocking blatant on live stream and still not banned on Jericho

7 hours ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

I always find it funny people softlocking blatant on live stream and still not banned on Jericho

If you really think that's true, I hope you are reporting them to support. 

• Like 1