MattScott

Cheating

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

SPCT have absolutely no power at all, nor should we. All we do is test. 

Idiots say a lot of things, the truck is knowing how to ignore them. 

Oh true, my bad. GM's only then. And regardless how much of the community is idiots, there'll always be people who get past the anticheat, no matter how small the number is, they cant go unpunished.

3 minutes ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

no matter how small the number is, they cant go unpunished.

True. 

1 hour ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

Perhaps they should boost the server count by a few slots specifically for SPCT members and GM's to fill a special Spectator role.

Perhaps this doesn't happen often on NA, but on EU when a GM joins a full district, you can see the district pop go to 41 enfs 40 crims. So I think that's already being done.

Edited by Kevkof

12 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

Perhaps this doesn't happen often on NA, but on EU when a GM joins a full district, you can see the district pop go to 41 enfs 40 crims. So I think that's already being done.

I've seen it happen before here, but not often at all. They'd have to increase their GM count pretty substantially if they wanted to have decent coverage of all the districts too. 1 GM per district isn't really able to keep an eye on 80 players at a time IMO 

10 hours ago, Yood said:

why can't I see cheaters ?

Truth is no genuine player can see another player cheating (unless rage cheating) , we only suspect based on personal beliefs. And that there is an issue in itself because we all have different beliefs and what others might suspect to be signs of cheating someone else may not, and vice versa.

For example, if I were to list "some" general beliefs players have;

1. Using weapons beyond their normal charactersitcs
  2. Never missing a shot
  3. Always in the right place at the right time
  4. Can never be flanked
  5. Always homing in on you
  6. Has a habit to strike the moment your FOV is not on them
  7. Has god like reactions
  8. Destroys the opposition in FC 45+ kills with little deaths of their own

Ask yourself how much of that can I relate to? Do I understand what is meant be each? Literally apart from 8, every single one is dependant on your personal beliefs that have been created by your experience, perception, game sense, intelligence...etc

Going through each point, every single one is possible to achieve by the genuine player but not consistently over and over again.

Player traits + their consistency  + your own beliefs = I think someone is cheating. Which is an opinion not fact.

Edited by Rade
Typo
  • Like 3

the measures taken by the LO are correct and sufficient . in tandem FF and Battleye work fine .

4 hours ago, Datpaper420 said:

Ima go with Zombies "Im a bad silver, it must be a hacker" meme add it to the pile XD

I'm going with 2019, less players, same trolls, huge pile. Xd

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

As a matter of fact, it reminds me of LAPDAlonzo playing APB. (haxors everywhere)

You may need administrators in the game in addition to these GMs in live, so these Administrators will be LO employees and will have the ability to perm ban cheaters on live. Other than that you need to make the game more secure for the game-play and the environment itself, it contains using stronger anti-cheats which made other games cleaner, So at the bottom of the line what I'm talking about is having the game not afraid to lose cheaters, but to let them know they've done wrong things. Internationally. 

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Regenance said:

You may need administrators in the game in addition to these GMs in live, so these Administrators will be LO employees and will have the ability to perm ban cheaters on live. Other than that you need to make the game more secure for the game-play and the environment itself, it contains using stronger anti-cheats which made other games cleaner, So at the bottom of the line what I'm talking about is having the game not afraid to lose cheaters, but to let them know they've done wrong things. Internationally. 

It has been said many times over the yrs that the game needs 24/7 monitoring by staff but its fallen on deaf ears and been shamed by this community

• Thanks 2

On 1/14/2019 at 3:52 PM, Yood said:

the measures taken by the LO are correct and sufficient . in tandem FF and Battleye work fine .

You realize they removed FF.

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

It has been said many times over the yrs that the game needs 24/7 monitoring by staff but its fallen on deaf ears and been shamed by this community

I'm almost certain this was addressed by Matt in one of the many many many threads about this topic. The sheer magnitude of scale involved with having a live employee at all times for every district is completely insane and infeasible financially, not to mention that they'd be paying people to basically sit around and do nothing for most of the day on the off-chance that they may need to ban someone.

47 minutes ago, Rebelliousness said:

FF was not removed last I heard. As a matter of fact it was updated and LO actually paid the license fee that Reloaded neglected to pay for. The only thing that was disabled was the broadcasting, and despite what some seem to think, that's a very good thing. BattlEye was added on top along with a proprietary server-side measure that we know absolutely nothing about (again, as it should be.)

1 minute ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

I'm almost certain this was addressed by Matt in one of the many many many threads about this topic. The sheer magnitude of scale involved with having a live employee at all times for every district is completely insane and infeasible financially, not to mention that they'd be paying people to basically sit around and do nothing for most of the day on the off-chance that they may need to ban someone.

FF was not removed last I heard. As a matter of fact it was updated and LO actually paid the license fee that Reloaded neglected to pay for. The only thing that was disabled was the broadcasting, and despite what some seem to think, that's a very good thing. BattlEye was added on top along with a proprietary server-side measure that we know absolutely nothing about (again, as it should be.)

it was confirmed removed by mattscott 

Speaking of cheating, Jericho just got a helluva lot of brand new accounts. All cheating and NOT trying to hide it in the least. Had an enf go aimbotting with a SHAW like they used to do years ago. Ended the mission 30-0 against a group of 4 crims (who I think were closet cheating too but still). Cheaters were mostly self-proclaimed russians. LO needs to get more than just fucking BattlEye, cause it doesnt do jack diddly shit against private cheats

On 1/15/2019 at 3:51 AM, Jazeker said:

I'm going with 2019, less players, same trolls, huge pile. Xd

we just had new players join *shrugs*

57 minutes ago, Rebelliousness said:

and added something else - MattScott said it

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

shamed isnt the right word for it. Money for the manpower to currently implement Little Orbit GM's 24/7 is just not available. If it was available I doubt anyone would have a problem with it.

8 minutes ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

Speaking of cheating, Jericho just got a helluva lot of brand new accounts. All cheating and NOT trying to hide it in the least. Had an enf go aimbotting with a SHAW like they used to do years ago. Ended the mission 30-0 against a group of 4 crims (who I think were closet cheating too but still). Cheaters were mostly self-proclaimed russians. LO needs to get more than just fucking BattlEye, cause it doesnt do jack diddly shit against private cheats

its programming. there will always be someone who can do that and then Battleeye will solve that , and on and on. plus no anti cheat is 100 percent effective and currently there isnt anything better than BattleEye

16 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

we just had new players join *shrugs*

Thank Shini.

600,000+ views on the latest vid. 

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

shamed isnt the right word for it. Money for the manpower to currently implement Little Orbit GM's 24/7 is just not available. If it was available I doubt anyone would have a problem with it.

its programming. there will always be someone who can do that and then Battleeye will solve that , and on and on. plus no anti cheat is 100 percent effective and currently there isnt anything better than BattleEye

Lawdy!~ 

Help with APB Reloaded BattlEye Bypass (1/2/19)

Thread starterCarbonZuki, Jan 3, 2019

"Hello, trying out APB Reloaded and it uses BattlEye (BEDaisy.sys, BESystemprogram) I’ve done some research on driver method or lsassprogram way but heard those were detected now. RSV and Fortnite are still being bypassed so wonder if bypass for those games can work for ABP Reloaded. (Yes games old, not that good, just want to mod money and level in CE). If i go to task manager, services and stop BESytemprogram or in process hacker 2 i stop the BEDaisy.sys I can log into account but i cannot join a session, get booted back to login and error says restart game to fix BattlEye basically..."
-----------------------------
"I would say 99% of battleye bypasses require getting your code into the kernel, read more @ Battleye Anticheat Bypass Overview - "
-----------------------------
This is just a brief overview
"Battleeye is a popular, mature kernel mode anticheat. That makes it very difficult to bypass, for expert hackers only.... Because it is a kernel mode anticheat you will need to be below the kernel via a hypervisor/virtual machine which typically isn't great for playing games in terms of performance. Or you must also be in kernel mode. To make your own kernel mode driver, it must be signed by a security certificate because Battleye games won't run when you're in test signing mode. The other options is to use a vulnerable driver to get your code into the kernel. Such vulnerable drivers include Capcom and others. 
Read more about Kernel mode anticheats..."

Copied off a cheat forum.

If pro hackers have already coded private for sale cheats and regularly patch them... then BattLEye isn't very good anymore, it's hacked by pro's who sell cheat bundles for several games and APB is often included. Maybe it used to be the best anticheat... not anymore.

16 minutes ago, Rebelliousness said:

Lawdy!~ 

If pro hackers have already coded private for sale cheats and regularly patch them... then BattLEye isn't very good anymore, it's hacked by pro's who sell cheat bundles for several games and APB is often included. Maybe it used to be the best anticheat... not anymore.

Can you link me any of these cheat bundles that include APB? Please include cheat status as well. 

31 minutes ago, Rebelliousness said:

Battleeye is a popular, mature kernel mode anticheat. That makes it very difficult to bypass, for expert hackers only..

31 minutes ago, Rebelliousness said:

If pro hackers have already coded private for sale cheats and regularly patch them... then BattLEye isn't very good anymore

.......... so if a pro can do it then its worthless even though most cant ? uh no.

I and many others love keeping most out rather than none at all

Edited by Fortune Runner

2 hours ago, Rebelliousness said:

Lawdy!~ 

From what I can find, it'd be best to use the trio of AC's. Fairfight for the Statistics base to ban blatants, BattlEye for the public ez-cheats (not good for private since it rarely updates/changes), and then EAC for the private cheats. Some of the major providers stopped providing cheats for games like Rust when EAC got more aggressive with their updates, making it too time consuming to even bother with updating cheats. 

Yeah, it's costly to have so many, but until LO has the capacity to ban cheaters quickly by themselves, they're gonna need all the help they can get. The report system does nothing but tell them to investigate an account, they need shit to do that for them while they get their strength.

Edited by NotTheEnforcer
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

The report system does nothing but tell them to investigate an account,

theres a comment section when you report to give them an idea of what happened and what to look for now.