MattScott

Cheating

Just now, Rat1oNRUs said:

fact is why should he share his intel when lo declined himas a gm & to do what a real gm should be doing #banhammer.

aside from the fact that he's complaining about problems that he could singe handedly solve or improve but chooses not to, i'm pretty sure its a good thing orbit didnt hire someone who apparently will only contribute when his demands are met

• Like 1

well i know him as a gm on other games that i used to play and he done a good job with cheaters by what i know & if he got to do the same job on this game you would see an improvement.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rat1oNRUs said:

well i know him as a gm on other games that i used to play and he done a good job with cheaters by what i know & if he got to do the same job on this game you would see an improvement.

i'll have to take your word for it, because someone with a thought process like "i dont like how this company did X so im going to indirectly harm the game" doesnt seem like a good GM to me

• Like 1

how is he gonna harm the game? its the cheaters that harm the game he only wanted to help out but he got declined to methats abit weird do they not want to ban cheaters or what?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spy said:

It may sound selfish but sharing goes both ways.

it is selfish

38 minutes ago, Rat1oNRUs said:

fact is why should he share his intel when lo declined himas a gm & to do what a real gm should be doing #banhammer.

because he complains about cheaters too

and as he said, it is their right to not be blackmailed lmao

12 minutes ago, Rat1oNRUs said:

how is he gonna harm the game? its the cheaters that harm the game he only wanted to help out but he got declined to methats abit weird do they not want to ban cheaters or what?

i think not assisting when you are in a position where it would be very easy to do so is also a way of harming

plus, why would some random dude with access to private cheats who claims to have been a gm before be a welcome addition to a team and given power lol

also since it is a private cheat - not many use it, so not many cheaters - so just the usual issue in any given game - and they haven't been banned, so they are just pathetic closets that need cheats to play on par with legits - otherwise, if they cheated their patootie off, video evidence and other would get them banned eventually

Edited by neophobia
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rat1oNRUs said:

he's already said he has inside knowledge of undetected cheats and proof of undetected cheaters but he isn't reporting them, do you think those cheats continuing to work and those cheaters continuing to cheat is not harmful to the game?

saying they don't want to hire a person is not the same as saying they don't want a person to report cheats or saying they don't want to ban cheaters

14 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

he's already said he has inside knowledge of undetected cheats and proof of undetected cheaters but he isn't reporting them, do you think those cheats continuing to work and those cheaters continuing to cheat is not harmful to the game?

saying they don't want to hire a person is not the same as saying they don't want a person to report cheats or saying they don't want to ban cheaters

possible double agent as well.

well tbh i dont report cheaters cause in the end they will not get banned so whats the point.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

possible double agent as well.

the plot thickens

Edited by ninjarrrr

16 hours ago, Spy said:

2 weeks ago, new special features where added to a private cheat, made by a known cheat developer. These features made it so that spectators and/or GM's are having a very hard time detecting the rnd aspect of the cheat. I know for a fact (proof) that at least 10 people play on Jericho and even more on Citadel. They play every day and they're still not banned and I'm pretty sure that those new rnd features are mainly responsible for it (I saw the private video). Even if LO had access to this cheat or how to counter it then still they would have to deal with the rerolling of it.

Technicly you can ban the cheater but with their 'np, new account in 2 minutes' attitude, legit people face the same cheaters within a very short period of time. This will continue unless LO changes it course when it comes to cheaters, there are solutions that has been proven working well for other companies but LO is not willing to accept and work with that concept.

So basically you are salty as fuck no one wanted you as a GM (obviously they made the right choice), so you either made up a story about some mysterious new cheat, which you refuse to give any details about, either to us or LO because butthurt... or even worse, you aren't a liar and you are protecting these "10 people" cheating, all because you lack the qualities required to be a GM and LO saw you for what you are, petty as fuck and completely untrustworthy.

Way to make yourself look like a real scumbag with a single post. Bravo. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

all because you lack the qualities required to be a GM and LO saw you for what you are, petty as fuck and completely untrustworthy.

My application was declined because I was to focused on getting cheaters banned and not spending much time ingame in a supportive role. I'm fully aware that a GM should have multiple qualities and a specific quality isn't met by a volunteer GM then the company has the right to decline the application and I accept that. I'm a GM on multiple games and I think mainly that is because I'm not stopping at just getting cheaters banned. I'm always running the extra mile and that includes getting inside information on how cheats works, how they're programmed and distributed. For example, last year we offered a complete web-based cheat distribution backpanel to a company and they gladly took it of our hands. Due to this backpanel the company had inside information on how dll files where compiled 'on the fly', injection methods and lots of more stuff that I cannot discuss. One of the benefits of this action was a banwave. And this was just for 1 game, the backpanel actually distributes multiple cheats for multiple games so there's a strong possibility that more then 1 company could benefit from this. We didn't offer this to LO because it came to our attention that somebody else already did (and yes, I know who), I do not know if that offer was accepted or not.

How's that for 'completely untrustworthy'. I'm not trying to be an a-hole but helping a company who's unwilling to help you by not correcting mistakes is just not worth it. I'd rather point out the flaws and letting them deal with it in a way that they see fit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spy said:

My application was declined because I was to focused on getting cheaters banned and not spending much time ingame in a supportive role. I'm fully aware that a GM should have multiple qualities and a specific quality isn't met by a volunteer GM then the company has the right to decline the application and I accept that. I'm a GM on multiple games and I think mainly that is because I'm not stopping at just getting cheaters banned. I'm always running the extra mile and that includes getting inside information on how cheats works, how they're programmed and distributed. For example, last year we offered a complete web-based cheat distribution backpanel to a company and they gladly took it of our hands. Due to this backpanel the company had inside information on how dll files where compiled 'on the fly', injection methods and lots of more stuff that I cannot discuss. One of the benefits of this action was a banwave. And this was just for 1 game, the backpanel actually distributes multiple cheats for multiple games so there's a strong possibility that more then 1 company could benefit from this. We didn't offer this to LO because it came to our attention that somebody else already did (and yes, I know who), I do not know if that offer was accepted or not.

How's that for 'completely untrustworthy'. I'm not trying to be an a-hole but helping a company who's unwilling to help you by not correcting mistakes is just not worth it. I'd rather point out the flaws and letting them deal with it in a way that they see fit.

Absolutely no self awareness. 

None at all. 

I guess this means you are done with APB. 

See ya. 

Edited by CookiePuss

On 8/18/2019 at 12:30 PM, Spy said:

new special features where added to a private cheat

If a cheat is private, how do you know what features were added and even prove who is using it? It was either public/paycheat or you are lying.

On 8/18/2019 at 9:15 PM, Spy said:

I offered my help as an experienced GM in the past and LO declined it

Steam group - 20 members.
Twitch - 74 followers.
Twitter - 16 followers.
YouTube - 123 subscribers.
Wow, you are such a skilled, trustworthy and experienced GM bro!!1

In the mid-2000s I used to be a GM on ~30K unique players/day private MMO server and I still would not call myself experienced and stroke ego as much as you. LO def does not need your "help" and it is for good.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:59 PM, Microtea said:

If a cheat is private, how do you know what features were added and even prove who is using it? It was either public/paycheat or you are lying.

Steam group - 20 members.
Twitch - 74 followers.
Twitter - 16 followers.
YouTube - 123 subscribers.
Wow, you are such a skilled, trustworthy and experienced GM bro!!1

Reveal hidden contents

In the mid-2000s I used to be a GM on ~30K unique players/day private MMO server and I still would not call myself experienced and stroke ego as much as you. LO def does not need your "help" and it is for good.

I am not going to side with anyone here because I know none good enough, but wow, at which point was followers on social medias some sort of criteria for defining skill and trustworthyness? This discussion involves some really awkward ways of argumentations.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

I am not going to side with anyone here because I know none good enough, but wow, at which point was followers on social medias some sort of criteria for defining skill and trustworthyness? This discussion involves some really awkward ways of argumentations.

If you are decent at something you will have a lot of subs/followers on social media.

As for being trustworthy, dude claims to be an insider of 6+ private cheating communities which is a blatant lie. Can you imagine that some private cheat group would accept a shady newcomer into their inner circle and share all information about hack? Private means you can't simply find it in super-secret darknet or super-secret google search and buy with mom's credit card, you need to be a good friend of these people to get a cheat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Microtea said:

If you are decent at something you will have a lot of subs/followers on social media.

As for being trustworthy, dude claims to be an insider of 6+ private cheating communities which is a blatant lie. Can you imagine that some private cheat group would accept a shady newcomer into their inner circle and share all information about hack? Private means you can't simply find it in super-secret darknet or super-secret google search and buy with mom's credit card, you need to be a good friend of these people to get a cheat.

again, your subs count is still not related to any of these things. Do you even know him? How would you know he is a newcomer to these groups? Do you have metadata others don't have? Sorry, while the things you said could be, none of that is a valid proof as no one even has those info.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

again, your subs count is still not related to any of these things. Do you even know him? How would you know he is a newcomer to these groups? Do you have metadata others don't have? Sorry, while the things you said could be, none of that is a valid proof as no one even has those info.

all the social media pages for his “company” are outdated, and the main website has been unavailable for several months now 

On 12/18/2018 at 1:28 AM, MattScott said:

They will control their camera, and execute "snaps" to flip around and snipe opponents while running away.

@MattScott I know this post is somewhat old, but this part right here is, in my honest opinion as one of the older players around, more of a problem than it is a game feature.
I know there are those who may disagree. Being one of those players who have mastered this skill, it's somewhat useless in the current state of the game (there's no hesitation to shoot towards anyone, and the effort put into doing this is not the smartest as you lose on time and you give your target more distance.) I have thought for a while the game would be better if it had the crosshair move your character's orientation.

No movement penalties though if you can somehow do that. I have no idea how to make that look good aesthetically for sprinting players. Scrap the idea if it doesn't work. movement accuracy>camera orientation

• Like 1

On 8/18/2019 at 7:40 PM, Rat1oNRUs said:

well tbh i dont report cheaters cause in the end they will not get banned so whats the point.

LO needs cheaters. The game is dead. They want the cheaters to stream thinking that will bring the population up. So you are right they do not ban cheaters who can hide the cheats while streaming.

giphy.gif

22 hours ago, Hypothesis said:

LO needs cheaters. The game is dead. They want the cheaters to stream thinking that will bring the population up. So you are right they do not ban cheaters who can hide the cheats while streaming.

Lol wtf?

Is this some form of trolling I'm too old to understand?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Lol wtf?

Is this some form of trolling I'm too old to understand?

I wish I was. You can hide cheats while streaming and unless it obvious LO wont move a muscle. Then again LO unbanned you, so I respect the loyalty.

So far LO approach to cheaters can be explained in the gif below. 

ZuckEyeCleaned-1525823448.gif

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hypothesis said:

I wish I was. You can hide cheats while streaming and unless it obvious LO wont move a muscle. Then again LO unbanned you, so I respect the loyalty.

So far LO approach to cheaters can be explained in the gif below. 

ZuckEyeCleaned-1525823448.gif

I'll take the bait... why don't you DM me the names of some of these cheaters... I'm be curious to see just how far down this rabbit hole you've gone. 

4 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Cookie aint no Hack

not anymore.

and spy and the other guy are right... there are a couple blatant cheater groups on jericho that play every single day.. not to mention the streamers aimbotting and walling on stream every day also.

they dont even need anti cheat, just go in game and spectate these idiots its obvious af.

Despite all the complaints I have with apb, I think you guys are doing a great job in regards to cheating. There was a time where people were blatantly speed hacking all over the place. Since you guys took over, I haven't seen anything that I can say with absolute certainty was hacking. You still see fishy stuff going on from time to time, but nothing definitive. In regards to hackers, I say keep up the good work. I suspect that anyone who disagrees likely wasn't playing 3-5 years ago when things were actually bad.