MattScott

Cheating

On 7/13/2019 at 9:09 PM, CookiePuss said:

That's some tin foil hat stuff right there. 

OF COURSE! It's a fact and like LO, you are just closing your eyes while the truth is right infront of you!!! 

On 1/31/2019 at 11:09 PM, CookiePuss said:

It's odd to see all this "BE is useless" nonsense right after a large ban wave. 

I guess that's APB fo you. 

if there was a ban wave, why dont you post the names of the chars got banned to satisfy all those who dont believe that LO is doing sth against cheaters? Daily we can see cheaters streaming on twitch, what about that???

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Legenderi said:

if there was a ban wave, why dont you post the names of the chars got banned

two reasons:

1- LO does not give the names of those banned

2- Even if I wanted to, I don't have the names

6 hours ago, Legenderi said:

Daily we can see cheaters streaming on twitch, what about that???

Now this I have no explanation for.  I have reported some of these streamers myself. Some are still streaming and cheating.

Most cheaters I encounter aren't aimbotters or speedhackers, that's much rarer. Most use wall-hack or radar hack which is very difficult and time consuming to prove.. 

3 hours ago, Faceless said:

Most cheaters I encounter aren't aimbotters or speedhackers, that's much rarer. Most use wall-hack or radar hack which is very difficult and time consuming to prove.. 

It's also nearly impossible for players to detect. 

Especially if you are like most players and attack in recognizable patterns. 

I just entered a gold server and two low level cheaters are dominating 2v3 with pistols. 

Why is volunteering closed by the way?

Merged.

Now they are speed hacking. Everyone in chat is complaining.

I think the thing is that if it takes a few hours to a day to ban a cheater it takes them a few minutes at best to make a new account right? There's actually little to no point banning them at all. Makes no sense. 

2 hours ago, Faceless said:

I just entered a gold server and two low level cheaters are dominating 2v3 with pistols. 

Why is volunteering closed by the way?

Merged.

Now they are speed hacking. Everyone in chat is complaining.

I think the thing is that if it takes a few hours to a day to ban a cheater it takes them a few minutes at best to make a new account right? There's actually little to no point banning them at all. Makes no sense. 

There's an active gold district?

Come play Jericho, no cheaters on right now. 

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

There's an active gold district?

Come play Jericho, no cheaters on right now. 

Actually I made a mistake, I meant silver district. It's just where all the gold players are, and cheaters too.

On 7/15/2019 at 12:23 AM, SK4LP said:

most of dem "soft hack" in a way u can doubt,

isn't that what people refer to as "closet cheater" ?

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 3:42 PM, largeAPBgamer said:

go to twitch.tv and the apb reloaded section, there is a cheater streaming alot of the time. even 3 cheaters can be streaming at once, and they are never banned. we have LO to thank for this LOL.

You can still report them to twitch for cheating.

They will not get banned in game but at least they'r twitch account gets closed.

On 7/20/2019 at 5:49 PM, Jumanna said:

You can still report them to twitch for cheating.

They will not get banned in game but at least they'r twitch account gets closed.

While closing their twitch is great it doesnt get rid of them in game so they cant ruin our matches. LO needs to step up.

LO  doesn't care anymore. APB is finally a dead game.

I didint read through all 10 pages, but it seemed to be a lot of cheat detection and what is/isint cheating convo. My question is, if/when/how you are able to positively detect and ban a cheater, whats to prevent them from just re rolling and doing it again? You can ban cheaters all day long, but it really dosent matter unless you can find a way to prevent them from coming back. 

9 hours ago, Progeekzy said:

I didint read through all 10 pages, but it seemed to be a lot of cheat detection and what is/isint cheating convo. My question is, if/when/how you are able to positively detect and ban a cheater, whats to prevent them from just re rolling and doing it again? You can ban cheaters all day long, but it really dosent matter unless you can find a way to prevent them from coming back. 

LO has to right to prevent rerolling though as I understand it, this is only used against repeat offenders. Otherwise, the policy appears to be, so long as you don't cheat again, you may continue playing. 

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

LO has to right to prevent rerolling though as I understand it, this is only used against repeat offenders. Otherwise, the policy appears to be, so long as you don't cheat again, you may continue playing. 

im all for 2nd chances but when ur on ur 5th reroll acc its time to do more to keep them out for good.

5 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

im all for 2nd chances but when ur on ur 5th reroll acc its time to do more to keep them out for good.

I have no insight on where LO draws the line. 

Edited by CookiePuss

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I have no insight on where LO draws the line. 

Neither do I but I think we can both agree that ppl who continue to hack arent welcome.

18 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Neither do I but I think we can both agree that ppl who continue to hack arent welcome.

Absolutely. 

On 8/3/2019 at 1:45 PM, CookiePuss said:

LO has to right to prevent rerolling though as I understand it, this is only used against repeat offenders.

And we all know how hard it is for a cheater to reroll *cough hwid-spoofer cough*.

No offence but the actions taken against cheaters these days are a joke and highly offensive to those who play legit. No wonder players dethreat...

Edited by Spy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Spy said:

And we all know how hard it is for a cheater to reroll *cough hwid-spoofer cough*.

No offence but the actions taken against cheaters these days are a joke and highly offensive to those who play legit. No wonder players dethreat...

As I understand it, you may reroll so long as you are legit, if banned more than once and identified as the same player, you may expect to be banned anytime you start a new account. 

I understand that Citadel has cheating issues, and I feel bad for those playing there. 

Jericho may be dead, but at least it's more or less cheater free. 

17 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Jericho may be dead, but at least it's more or less cheater free. 

2 weeks ago, new special features where added to a private cheat, made by a known cheat developer. These features made it so that spectators and/or GM's are having a very hard time detecting the rnd aspect of the cheat. I know for a fact (proof) that at least 10 people play on Jericho and even more on Citadel. They play every day and they're still not banned and I'm pretty sure that those new rnd features are mainly responsible for it (I saw the private video). Even if LO had access to this cheat or how to counter it then still they would have to deal with the rerolling of it.

Technicly you can ban the cheater but with their 'np, new account in 2 minutes' attitude, legit people face the same cheaters within a very short period of time. This will continue unless LO changes it course when it comes to cheaters, there are solutions that has been proven working well for other companies but LO is not willing to accept and work with that concept.

Edited by Spy

4 hours ago, Spy said:

2 weeks ago, new special features where added to a private cheat, made by a known cheat developer. These features made it so that spectators and/or GM's are having a very hard time detecting the rnd aspect of the cheat. I know for a fact (proof) that at least 10 people play on Jericho and even more on Citadel. They play every day and they're still not banned and I'm pretty sure that those new rnd features are mainly responsible for it (I saw the private video). Even if LO had access to this cheat or how to counter it then still they would have to deal with the rerolling of it.

Technicly you can ban the cheater but with their 'np, new account in 2 minutes' attitude, legit people face the same cheaters within a very short period of time. This will continue unless LO changes it course when it comes to cheaters, there are solutions that has been proven working well for other companies but LO is not willing to accept and work with that concept.

what is the concept ?

6 hours ago, Spy said:

I know for a fact (proof)

and have you used this insider access to help little orbit with detection/countermeasure methods?

4 hours ago, Seedy said:

what is the concept ?

It's has a few similarities like the volunteer GM program, only more sophisticated and more advanced.

2 hours ago, Glaciers said:

and have you used this insider access to help little orbit with detection/countermeasure methods?

No, absolutely not. I offered my help as an experienced GM in the past and LO declined it, wich is their right ofcourse. On top of that, LO doesn't seem to be in a sharing mood lately (support character restoring, Nekrova merge and some more things I encountered) so I see no reason to share my intel. It may sound selfish but sharing goes both ways.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spy said:

No, absolutely not. I offered my help as an experienced GM in the past and LO declined it, wich is their right ofcourse. On top of that, LO doesn't seem to be in a sharing mood lately (support character restoring, Nekrova merge and some more things I encountered) so I see no reason to share my intel. It may sound selfish but sharing goes both ways.

ah cool well that answers that question

either you're lying for the egoboost or you're so petty that you can't take 3 seconds to send an email to improve the game

• Like 5

fact is why should he share his intel when lo declined himas a gm & to do what a real gm should be doing #banhammer.

• Like 1