MattScott

Cheating

On 3/3/2019 at 11:24 AM, TheSxW said:

@Eixo propably IP adress in 2 jumps (so we grab 3 ip adresses) + hwid of hardware CPU/GPU/DRIVES/MAC Adress/CD ROM (i will do that if i will made an game with anticheat)
@MattScott

can't delete those annoying @ mentions on mobile

anyway

this is probably the worst advice ever. using ip hops for bans is the equivalent of banning someone based on their isp.

you'd end up banning whole neighborhoods - that might work in a small town but imagine doing that to a big city, lol

hwid is probably the weakest ban system ever - it's better than none but even if you don't spoof it just for the client, spoofing it for the whole system is one of the easiest tasks for cheat providers/coders in general - i guess it would help against those with AHK crutches - but even then, they are not the biggest issue

Removed quoted content. ~@mayii

4 hours ago, neophobia said:

anyway

this is probably the worst advice ever. using ip hops for bans is the equivalent of banning someone based on their isp.

you'd end up banning whole neighborhoods - that might work in a small town but imagine doing that to a big city, lol

hwid is probably the weakest ban system ever - it's better than none but even if you don't spoof it just for the client, spoofing it for the whole system is one of the easiest tasks for cheat providers/coders in general - i guess it would help against those with AHK crutches - but even then, they are not the biggest issue

rekt

cheap way to discredit someone though :^)

i dont tell to ban ISP ... but to check the ip patterns with comparing it to haches of hardware if anything is fits then this player propably gets banned b4 take a better look at this guy and eventually ban him twice if hes cheating
@CookiePuss `no applied`
i dont need to dethreat cuz i done 5000+ arrests without getting gold i post this glitch directly to Matt Scott on discord so he push it to tech guys to fix it in next patches or 3.5 version

only a few persons knows that method like 5-8 people per whole game

Edited by TheSxW

On 3/4/2019 at 6:10 AM, neophobia said:

anyway

How many millions, if not billions of players are in the world and what are the chances that in a game with ~600 players two of them will be neighbors? Yeah well, probably someone who actually brought a neighbor friend to play the game, but I'm quite sure cheaters cheat because they don't have friends, and if they do then there are way higher chances that they both cheat if they are neighbor friends than chances of "accidentally" banning a neighbor of a cheater...  lol

In a small community of a game I used to play years ago where we had some issues with a couple of cheaters easily ban-evading when there was even hwid and mac bans on place, the only way and the only time we finally managed to stop a known cheater from keep re-rolling and ruining the game was with an IP range ban. There was someone who then tried to reach the community admins because of this, they almost lift that IP range ban because of him but finally figured, thanks to collected data, that both guys knew each other because they shared login credentials/PC so there were logs from both guys on a same IP and MAC address.

On 3/6/2019 at 7:04 AM, Salvick said:

How many millions, if not billions of players are in the world and what are the chances that in a game with ~600 players two of them will be neighbors? Yeah well, probably someone who actually brought a neighbor friend to play the game, but I'm quite sure cheaters cheat because they don't have friends, and if they do then there are way higher chances that they both cheat if they are neighbor friends than chances of "accidentally" banning a neighbor of a cheater...  lol

In a small community of a game I used to play years ago where we had some issues with a couple of cheaters easily ban-evading when there was even hwid and mac bans on place, the only way and the only time we finally managed to stop a known cheater from keep re-rolling and ruining the game was with an IP range ban. There was someone who then tried to reach the community admins because of this, they almost lift that IP range ban because of him but finally figured, thanks to collected data, that both guys knew each other because they shared login credentials/PC so there were logs from both guys on a same IP and MAC address.

There is a packet named HARDWARE_INFO that gets sent during the login into the APB. That packet contains data about every hardware in your PC that the game can retrieve. It depends how they use this data, though from what I've seen there was never a HWID or a similar "tougher" ban issued here. It's also easy to spoof if you know what you're doing, but since the actual playerbase is little I doubt someone would care to make a spoofer.

Bottom line, they just need to use the data that they already have had for long time.

17 hours ago, Ch1ck said:

There is a packet named HARDWARE_INFO that gets sent during the login into the APB. That packet contains data about every hardware in your PC that the game can retrieve. It depends how they use this data, though from what I've seen there was never a HWID or a similar "tougher" ban issued here. It's also easy to spoof if you know what you're doing, but since the actual playerbase is little I doubt someone would care to make a spoofer.

Bottom line, they just need to use the data that they already have had for long time.

Well just look at Apex. They introduced hardware bans and banned hundred thousands of cheaters.

But they are all complaining now. Depending on the playerbase apb can just go with an auto ban to who cheats right at the moment. Ip and hardware... sadly not the best option

Cheers

11 hours ago, GermanTobi said:

Well just look at Apex. They introduced hardware bans and banned hundred thousands of cheaters.

But they are all complaining now. Depending on the playerbase apb can just go with an auto ban to who cheats right at the moment. Ip and hardware... sadly not the best option

Cheers

I'm sorry, what was your point?

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I'm sorry, what was your point?

Ip bans and hardware id bans would result in a more and more shrinking playerbase.

So normal bans would be "preferable" probably

3 hours ago, GermanTobi said:

Ip bans and hardware id bans would result in a more and more shrinking playerbase.

Oof, I was afraid he meant that.

Christ have things gotten so bad that we are afraid of losing cheaters as players?

Dark days indeed.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 1:54 AM, McRabbiton said:

There can be an option for players whom were IP/HWID banned to have another chance as a normal player. So those that genuinely like the game and are willing to invest will stay. Players who play with cheats and cheats only wouldn't really care what game they cheat and play at, they won't stay very long anyway. But then again we will never know until we actually try. Maybe if APB treated cheats in a harsher way it would draw more players, who knows.

2 hours ago, Faceless said:

There can be an option for players whom were IP/HWID banned to have another chance as a normal player. So those that genuinely like the game and are willing to invest will stay. Players who play with cheats and cheats only wouldn't really care what game they cheat and play at, they won't stay very long anyway. But then again we will never know until we actually try. Maybe if APB treated cheats in a harsher way it would draw more players, who knows.

работа уже во вторым античитом  показывают серьезные намерения команды LO .

2 speed hacker right now on Jericho Fight Club, are you sleeping Matt ?

Botters in FC currently as well. EAC is working exactly the same as be was.

Edited by Darkzero3802
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

so funny. this topic has been opened last year december and i still see the same ppl playing with cheats .. speedhacking, using modded gamefiles, aimbots while stream and nothing happends to them ... nice job LO ... not much longer and i will go to leave that game or also start to cheat!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Legenderi said:

so funny. this topic has been opened last year december and i still see the same ppl playing with cheats .. speedhacking, using modded gamefiles, aimbots while stream and nothing happends to them ... nice job LO ... not much longer and i will go to leave that game or also start to cheat!

Yeah I just remembered this topic after posting in general.... funny that you posted my exact thoughts 4 hours ago. Almost eerie.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2019 at 9:04 AM, Legenderi said:

Pretty much sums it all up. Wether with BE or EAC the same ppl are still bypassing the rules and nobody at LO is putting any pressure on them.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Pretty much sums it all up. Wether with BE or EAC the same ppl are still bypassing the rules and nobody at LO is putting any pressure on them.

Just be glad none play on our server. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JonSnowKing said:

Where do you find cheaters? I play silver and I don’t see cheaters

you must be blind or playing another game tho

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JonSnowKing said:

Where do you find cheaters? I play silver and I don’t see cheaters

go to twitch.tv and the apb reloaded section, there is a cheater streaming alot of the time. even 3 cheaters can be streaming at once, and they are never banned. we have LO to thank for this LOL.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, largeAPBgamer said:

go to twitch.tv and the apb reloaded section, there is a cheater streaming alot of the time. even 3 cheaters can be streaming at once, and they are never banned. we have LO to thank for this LOL.

That's some tin foil hat stuff right there. 

• Thanks 1

It boggles the mind that people still suggest IP, MAC, and/or HWID bans. All of these things are incredibly easy and simple to spoof, IP especially so.

On 12/18/2018 at 7:28 AM, MattScott said:

Overall, I consider cheating to be one of the most difficult parts of running APB. I honestly wish we didn't have this problem, because it damages the enjoyment of the game.

Poor deluded guy..seeing cheaters everywhere.

where are all the cheaters?

I dont see them and im playing almost every day.

• Thanks 1

u should go on different discord,

they don t hide, and show their hack and menu,

most of dem "soft hack" in a way u can doubt,

( my opinion,,, i think it was harder to "hack" with BE (larger cheater database))