Zsm00th

battle royale

The playerbase will explode ^^ Every game with battle royal has more players than apb.
If apb get that gamemode then many many players will actually come play apb for like 2months and than abandon it again.... sad truth
battle royal is so overrated.

• Like 2

GamersFirst were planning and developing concept version of a battle royals, the little orbit took over.

honest I don't want a battle royale as a new game mode with even it is fitting with the theme of APB.

battle royals as part of a holiday fight club game mode would be ok but not with a dedicated district.

Battle Royale is a fad game type and is already on it's way out the door.  By the time they get one finished nobody would even want it anymore.  Just because "ever other action game" is doing it doesn't mean it's a good fit for APB.

• Like 2

Well, we have RIOT, isn't it kinda the same?
You start with no weapons and have to loot random ones.
The area shrinks.

Yeah, I believe Matt said they were implementing this eventually. No one read the road maps/notes anymore?

The RIOT was them experimenting with getting the idea down.

1 hour ago, sTr8-jAcKeT said:

Yeah, I believe Matt said they were implementing this eventually. No one read the road maps/notes anymore?

The RIOT was them experimenting with getting the idea down.

On 12/19/2018 at 1:15 PM, VickyFox said:

GamersFirst were planning and developing concept version of a battle royals, the little orbit took over.

honest I don't want a battle royale as a new game mode with even it is fitting with the theme of APB.

battle royals as part of a holiday fight club game mode would be ok but not with a dedicated district.

Check the dates of ALL posts, no one before Zoria's bump would of known because RIOT wasn't announced.

It was only officially announced as low key note that a new game mode was in the works but wasn't even mentioned by name, at the time it was believed to only be a project placeholder name anyway and the only further details there was that Epidemic and Slaybells (which was still going on at the time) was testing the game mechanics for RIOT.

12/29/2019 - Update on APB Development Progress

Before this post the common denominator of these game modes was capture and hold, team deathmatch with map zone becoming restricted, but there was only ever 3 teams.

There was no word of a Battle Royale, and the impressions from Epidemic and Slaybells gave off of RIOT was to be a capture and hold territory game... A long awaited "Turf Wars" with 2, 3, or 4 teams at most.

I say 4 at most as that is the number of faction organisations.

Turf Wars was something has been talked about but shelved from the days of Real Time Worlds.

Another suggestion thread about Turf Wars back in August last year.

PCgamer in 2011 reported on Turf War being imagined as a Team vs Team / Clan vs Clan territory capture and hold game mode, Choas could of been a All on All traditional Battle Royale.

Chaos District/Anarchy was only ever really used for testing the concept mechanics of FightClub in the most rudimentary way, as well as acting as a server stress test.

Edited by VickyFox
grammatical typos

That's an insane amount of effort put into a thread reply, lol. Take a breather my friend.

It I was just half going g off this thing & the road map he talked about as well:

https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2019/4/18/april-update-from-matt

Who cares about specifics, the game will develop as it does regardless of how much we argue on the forums.