foscor77

why is Colby M-1922 'Hazardous' a legendary gun?

this gun seems like a joke by apb,im not saying its very bad but why is it even a legendary gun when you can get a stock 2 slot version of it though contacts which is better than its legendary version as you can choose which mods to put? so why? 😞

edit - im asking this cuz im one of those nabs who once bought it off marketplace as i didnt knew it was unlockable through contacts and had a very very hard time selling it. My frustration peaked when i realized there was no difference b/w it and the stock version....heck the stock was better.

Edited by foscor77

Supposed to have a unique skin to go with it.

it used to only be available through joker boxes and as a valentine's day event reward, so it really was a pretty unique gun (and it also used to be borderline op)

similar to how the sitting duck and reaper are "legendary" because at the time there was no tagger modification

Edited by BXNNXD
typo/added stuff

Yeah, it needs a rework. . . but alas, it remains the most pointless legendary.

• Like 1

it's indeed the only legendary that has nothing special , the gun itself needs a rework and the legendary needs somethibg too

• Like 1

The gun used to be very rare and the only way to receive it before the Joker Box was released was from an old Event (I believe so atleast) which rewarded you with the " M-1922 'Uncle Sam' ". They then released the Joker Box version of the gun which made it kind of special as it was the only way to obtain the gun outside of the old Event which I believe they only ran once. They eventually went and released the Loyalty reward version of it along with the unlock for the 2 slot version from Devil Dog / Tiptoe. So the only thing that makes it somewhat unique is the different color variants you can use for the Hazardous skin that are unlocked via a redeem code on armas.

As for the gun itself, it's really not enjoyable to use anymore ever since they changed the recoil to start low and then ramp up as you continue firing, applying an unnecessary mechanic that made the gun feel horrible to use.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Frosi said:

As for the gun itself, it's really not enjoyable to use anymore ever since they changed the recoil to start low and then ramp up as you continue firing, applying an unnecessary mechanic that made the gun feel horrible to use.

Great Move by GamersLast 101

"HAZARDOUS" is a cool weapon ... yes it takes time get used to recoil , but it does job well. also its Nr: 2 oldest legendary in game. Just because we have ability to get open slot "COLBY M-1922" from contact doesnt mean weapon should be removed from legendary weapons list.

otherwise... Firework Launcher and few other legendaries should be on same topic not just HAZARDOUS.

hate those who underrate other weapons cuz they too lazy to get off ez/op guns.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SunnyMonroe said:

A legendary is just something special

It dont have to be better then other guns

^this^

It seems every day I'm having to explain to players not to worry about saving millions or spending hundreds irl in order to acquire legendary weapons.

In nearly every case they are no better than the standard weapons, and in many cases they are actually worse.

I've owned and given away every legendary several times over, still own a dozen or so, and aside from occasionally goofing around with the Firework Launcher, I don't use any of them.

Don't get me wrong, legendaries can be fun, but they aren't intended to give an advantage as far as combat is concerned.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SunnyMonroe said:

Your argument would be valid if the hazardous had a gimmick mod or was special in anyway, but sadly it just have 2 regular locked mods that it's far better without them, nothing special at all.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AlbatrozSteak said:

Your argument would be valid if the hazardous had a gimmick mod or was special in anyway, but sadly it just have 2 regular locked mods that it's far better without them, nothing special at all.

You have to keep in mind that it was the second ever Joker Box weapon. It is likely that even G1 didn't know where they were going with the whole "Legendary" system at that point. It could've been that they decided to make every Legendary unique in some way after they released the Hazardous. I also mentioned in my post above how it was technically the only way to obtain an M-1922 ingame unless you've played an Event that was only ran once so in a way it was very unique at the time of release.

Just now, Frosi said:

You have to keep in mind that it was the second ever Joker Box weapon. It is likely that even G1 didn't know where they were going with the whole "Legendary" system at that point. It could've been that they decided to make every Legendary unique in some way after they released the Hazardous. I also mentioned in my post above how it was technically the only way to obtain an M-1922 ingame unless you've played an Event that was only ran once so in a way it was very unique at the time of release.

"event" old fight club rewards made them "lease able" there's a very old post on Spanish APB news blog I've been reading lately.

I've seen 1 person in my entire life use the "uncle sam" Tommy gun i believe i have a screenshot if i ever find it...

I had an idea for the hazardous but it just makes it scary "Heated Barrel" increases fire rate over time till 200% (Imagine the recoil after that)

off topic but i wouldn't mind them bringing back these "old fight club reward guns" back perhaps as jokerstore's line of "presets" or have them as a event reward (making them lease able again) but again keeping things "exclusive" is a reason to lock content away. 

52 minutes ago, AlbatrozSteak said:

It has 4 skins 3 of them are unique

Id like to have something more special on it

But thats not the topic

6 hours ago, SunnyMonroe said:

I still think Legendaries should be meta viable at least, if not somewhat strong.

4 hours ago, Frosi said:

You also have to keep in mind though that the BS got a rework to be more unique at one point, yet the Hazard didn't despite being entirely non unique.

I think we all understand the history of the Hazard, but that doesn't change the fact that it'd be nice if it was made into an actual legendary.

• Thanks 1

To clarify for those unaware of the FFA 'Bullshark' changes.

The 'Bullshark' was originally released with 4 Round Burst, which was later changed to Burst Avalanche.

4 Round Burst is worse than any other red mod. It adds 1 bullet to the burst and reduces damage. This means it's harder to land all the rounds per burst, and you need to land more hits. This mod was changed to Burst Avalanche. It keeps the base ttk the same, and does not require extra hits. It removes 1 bullet from the first burst, and adds 1 bullet to each subsequent burst. It adds a unique function instead of making it a strait downgrade.

Now looking at the M1922 'Hazardous', it has CJ3 and EM3. CJ3 increases the max bloom, making it less reliable spraying at range, which is what this weapon is mainly good for. If you need that slightly lower ttk, you're better off with an OCA.

Here's a few existing mods that would make the 'Hazardous' unique without hurting it's performance:

Deadly Fear Special

SMG Silencer

Chambered Round

Piercing

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

23 hours ago, mynd said:

I still think Legendaries should be meta viable at least, if not somewhat strong.

Why? Then everyone and their brother would be crying p2w even more than they do now when you use a yellow gun. Make them unique but keep them balanced. 

The Colby M-1922 'Hazardous' was an elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

2 hours ago, SunnyMonroe said:

If u wanna go out of topic

There where allready nice ideas how to rework “the harzadouz“

I like this rework, but add to suggest that we change up the model too, on either the Legendary or the 3-slot Contact version to look like the M1928A1 - aka the square magazine version. 

4 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

The Colby M-1922 'Hazardous' was an elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

Did you ever hear the tragedy of the Nekrova Competition Rifle?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kewlin said:

Did you ever hear the tragedy of the Nekrova Competition Rifle?

That's a story the Joker Ammo corporation wouldn't tell you.

On 12/16/2018 at 10:35 AM, Zolerox said:

"event" old fight club rewards made them "lease able" there's a very old post on Spanish APB news blog I've been reading lately.

I've seen 1 person in my entire life use the "uncle sam" Tommy gun i believe i have a screenshot if i ever find it...

I had an idea for the hazardous but it just makes it scary "Heated Barrel" increases fire rate over time till 200% (Imagine the recoil after that)

off topic but i wouldn't mind them bringing back these "old fight club reward guns" back perhaps as jokerstore's line of "presets" or have them as a event reward (making them lease able again) but again keeping things "exclusive" is a reason to lock content away. 

I don't think it'd be right to bring back those relics. Aren't missing out on much anyhow. They were a test for the weapon skin system. Some of them look downright ugly as sin as a result. 

Anywhow. I think a +25% RoF that took most of the mag to fully ramp up would be a better option. So long as it was coupled with something like say 50% recoil ontop of the nasty curve it's already got? Or maybe nasty horizontal recoil + the normal curve? I don't know. Increasing RoF could easily bring it into problematic territory I think. That or they could do something dumber. Maybe give it a regular magazine instead of the drum mag. Then something like -12% RoF, -40% magazine size, +25% damage for it's stats? Effectively very similar, but it'd handle drastically differently. Which may mean it'd need higher recoil per shot to compensate. I don't know. Just spitballing random garbage in hopes of something interesting coming from it.

Anyways. Yeah. Gun needs something to set it apart. 

just throw a silencer on it

arguably that might make it p2w