Easiest

Advanced launcher is always allowed?

1 hour ago, Yood said:

Will GamersFirst approve the use of shader configs or the Advanced Launcher?

No. This is a super slippery slope.

On 6/8/2018 at 1:26 PM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

I missed this thread, but we have approved the use of the Advanced Launcher. The developer was kind enough to share the code so we could make sure it was okay ahead of the patch.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 1

On 12/15/2018 at 7:13 AM, Yood said:

that's right . this is temporary . with the update , this should be discontinued irrevocably . the problem is that this program is installed even on powerful computers . to achieve the advantage . it follows that ADVANCED LAUNCHER twice violates the rules of the end user ! gain an advantage and install third-party software .

You do realize that it's not cheating, and that it does NOT violate any rules, as G1 AND LO gave it the thumbs up to use?

It violates no rules. G1 and LO can ban who they want when they want, and the CODE was accepted as usable. Not that you can't just change the file manually since its just the config file, and EVERY game out there has one which you can change, and you literally get told to change for every game out there if you're having FPS issues.

But ignorant people will always be ignorant i guess. I'm glad you don't play other games, it would be horrible to see you complaining about changing the .config/compat in other games. You'd probably get laughed off the forum if it werent for the fact that the game population and forum pop died.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

5 hours ago, Yood said:

console players can use ADVANCED LAUNCHER ?

No, they can't because first of all, it is a CONSOLE game meaning that they can't really edit game files and second of all it is running on Unreal Engine 3.5 while the current PC version runs on a heavily modified version of Unreal 2.5 / 3.0. 

G1's idea was to implement the majority of Advanced Launcher quality options into the main game as part of the Engine upgrade. This can be seen in the leaked build of the Engine upgrade for many years ago as there is an insane amount of quality options to chose from ranging from mostly Low, Medium, High. This includes shadows, character models/design, vehicle models/design and so on. 

However, this is to be taken with a grain of salt as LO said that the leaked 3.5 build differs from their current build so we have to wait and see if these things make it into the game but judging by how much LO cares about polishing 3.5 I'd say that it is very likely.

8 minutes ago, Frosi said:

No, they can't because first of all, it is a CONSOLE game meaning that they can't really edit game files and second of all it is running on Unreal Engine 3.5 while the current PC version runs on a heavily modified version of Unreal 2.5 / 3.0. 

G1's idea was to implement the majority of Advanced Launcher quality options into the main game as part of the Engine upgrade. This can be seen in the leaked build of the Engine upgrade for many years ago as there is an insane amount of quality options to chose from ranging from mostly Low, Medium, High. This includes shadows, character models/design, vehicle models/design and so on. 

However, this is to be taken with a grain of salt as LO said that the leaked 3.5 build differs from their current build so we have to wait and see if these things make it into the game but judging by how much LO cares about polishing 3.5 I'd say that it is very likely.

then why do you allow console players to be placed in an unequal position with allowing the use of Advanced Launcher on a PC ? this is a very old topic why game manufacturers are trying to transfer their games to the console . this is done only because the consoles are almost impossible to change any files of the game . and as a result, companies plan to get more revenue .

Edited by Yood

Just now, Yood said:

then why do you allow console players to be placed in an unequal position with allowing the use of Advanced Launcher on a PC ?

Because it is quite literally impossible to provide what the Advanced Launcher does to a console game. Not to mention that again, right now the PC and Console versions can be seen as two entirely different games as they run on separate engines. 

8 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I wonder what percentage of AL users do you think are ALSO editing files?

I also wonder what percentage of those who edit some files also use AL.

Then I'd like to know your sources.

High percentage. Just check their Twitch streams.

I can't be more specific or that would be naming and shaming.

1 hour ago, Saxtus said:

High percentage. Just check their Twitch streams.

I can't be more specific or that would be naming and shaming.

But that then brings us to the next part of the story, what percentage of players that use the advanced launcher stream?

Because the only correlation you have mentioned is streamers using both advanced launcher and localization edits. 

3 hours ago, Yood said:

then why do you allow console players to be placed in an unequal position with allowing the use of Advanced Launcher on a PC ? this is a very old topic why game manufacturers are trying to transfer their games to the console . this is done only because the consoles are almost impossible to change any files of the game . and as a result, companies plan to get more revenue .

what unequal position? console players never interact ingame with pc players, therefore there’s no “advantage” for pc players using advanced launcher

Why you don't check it yourself: https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/APB Reloaded

Right now the first result with most viewers uses Advanced Launcher on a i7 6700k 4.2GHz w/ GTX 980 Ti, edited mission text and it's not even peak time right now so I can show you what happens then!

I hope I am not close to naming and shaming...

Edited by Saxtus

4 hours ago, Saxtus said:

Right now the first result with most viewers uses Advanced Launcher on a i7 6700k 4.2GHz w/ GTX 980 Ti, edited mission text and it's not even peak time right now so I can show you what happens then!

I hope I am not close to naming and shaming...

Oh hey! That's me!

Jokes aside, don't worry about the name and shaming, I don't really care all that much. As for why I am using the Advanced launcher, I don't particularly enjoy losing firefights due to stutters which are very prominent at a particle space area set over 2500. I just don't think that the amount of micro stutters makes the game enjoyable to play, on top of that I struggle to maintain framerates close to my Monitors refresh rate which makes the game feel sluggish. (If you've ever used a 144Hz monitor and played at 60~80 fps you'll know.)

Now as for the text edits, this is really just so I don't have to open the steam overlay and have to look up certain missions whenever I get them and check whether or not they are ending in a horrible last stage. (Such as Bomb stages.) I don't really see this as an Advantage as I know just about every mission by heart nowadays and because the info for each last stage has been available for years on apbdb / apbvault. Players have looked up last stages mid missions for years by using these sites so the localization edits really are just a quality of life improvement so you don't have to tab in and out of the game constantly. On top of that, missions showing their last stage in the title should be something that is in the game by default as there are many resources to see these nowadays so there's no point in keeping them hidden anymore.

I honestly don't think that any sort of config edit is a big deal right now. Most config edits give you no advantage and the very few ones that do only do so barely. You will never see a top tier player complain and blame a config edit as the reason they died, simply because the advantage is little to none. 

If Little Orbit decides to stop players from editing the games files then they should do so after 3.5 releases as the majority of players edit config files to increase frame rates and reduce the amount of stutters. I am all for encrypting the files that allow for graphical changes in 3.5 if the Engine upgrade drastically improves the performance on both older and newer hardware.

Edited by Frosi

As I've said, if you want to find excuses to have something your opponent doesn't have, it's easy to do so.

However, I believe it's not fair play and it's something I will never do. Pity that LO stance on that is different. :classic_sleep:

1 hour ago, Saxtus said:

As I've said, if you want to find excuses to have something your opponent doesn't have, it's easy to do so.

However, I believe it's not fair play and it's something I will never do. Pity that LO stance on that is different. :classic_sleep:

Max rank silver with 2010 acc bitching about uNfAiR cOnFiGs, the fk????

What is your excuse to dethreat btw?

I don't dethreat. I am just not good enough. What made you think that max rank can bump someone's skills or make him lag less?

So, what's you excuse to defend this behavior?

26 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

I don't dethreat. I am just not good enough. What made you think that max rank can bump someone's skills or make him lag less?

So, what's you excuse to defend this behavior?

I've seen a stream where disabled guy without hands played APB, he was gold and NEVER dropped to silver.
Again, what's your excuse to dethreat?

• Like 1

I must hit a sweet spot with my posts in favor of fair play for you to react like this, Mr. nameless person.

All my friends are golds and when I play with them, they have to carry me. I don't have fun in silver districts because of that but I can't do much, so I stopped doing missions.

Not sure why you think that all max rank players should be either gold or dethreaters. I accept that I am mediocre player, why can't you?

21 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

I must hit a sweet spot with my posts in favor of fair play for you to react like this, Mr. nameless person.

All my friends are golds and when I play with them, they have to carry me. I don't have fun in silver districts because of that but I can't do much, so I stopped doing missions.

Not sure why you think that all max rank players should be either gold or dethreaters. I accept that I am mediocre player, why can't you?

his name is CakeWreck

and Advanced launcher is a necessary evil till we get those same options into the actual game.

Not everyone "has" to be gold , it's score based you can Lose and become gold.

rank means nothing just because you play a lot doesn't mean you play well. (and gold means nothing till they revamp the threat system)

1 hour ago, Saxtus said:

"Fair play" as you imagine does not exist in MMO games at all. Even on consoles as some peasants might think.

Finally! But in bronze district noobs don't have fun playing against maxranks too. Fair play, blah-blah.

Because to get gold all you need is just walk/drive to objective and press F or at least TRY to assist your team with a gun. You can drop to silver ONLY while intentionally ignoring objectives or feeding enemy. If you aren't gold with nowadays threat system, you either have bad PC/connection or dethreating, simple as that :)

35 minutes ago, ឴឴឴឴឴឴឴ said:

If you aren't gold with nowadays threat system, you either have bad PC/connection or dethreating, simple as that 🙂

You caught me. I can't hide anymore. I dethreat every day. Check my Twitch on my signature, where I can be clearly seen dethreating.

@CookiePuss
There are several graphic problem wich do appear on high end pc as on low pcs.
Those are kind of programming issues (overflow i guess).
With the advanced launcher you can easily skip those performance issues on both low/high end pcs.

7 minutes ago, Jacuci said:

With the advanced launcher you can easily skip those performance issues on both low/high end pcs.

...and gain an edge against those that don't use Advanced Launcher.

There, I fixed that for you! You thank me later. :classic_happy:

10 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

...and gain an edge against those that don't use Advanced Launcher.

There, I fixed that for you! You thank me later. :classic_happy:

Then use the Advanced Launcher. It's perfectly fine and within the ToS. And it's available for everyone with an internet connection.

13 hours ago, ឴឴឴឴឴឴឴ said:

"Fair play" as you imagine does not exist in MMO games at all. Even on consoles as some peasants might think.

Finally! But in bronze district noobs don't have fun playing against maxranks too. Fair play, blah-blah.

Because to get gold all you need is just walk/drive to objective and press F or at least TRY to assist your team with a gun. You can drop to silver ONLY while intentionally ignoring objectives or feeding enemy. If you aren't gold with nowadays threat system, you either have bad PC/connection or dethreating, simple as that 🙂

no.

I play with plenty of friends who can't keep gold permanently.

maybe calm your edge just a little bit.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

Then use the Advanced Launcher. It's perfectly fine and within the ToS. And it's available for everyone with an internet connection.

Until LO ships APB with Advanced Launcher as default, I won't do such thing as "been available to everyone" vs "everyone using it" are very different things.

25 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

Until LO ships APB with Advanced Launcher as default, I won't do such thing as "been available to everyone" vs "everyone using it" are very different things.

I agree with that statement. But because it's available to everyone, then it is the single individuals own choice if they want to use it or not. You made your choice, I made mine. Both are perfectly acceptable.

5 hours ago, Jacuci said:

@CookiePuss
There are several graphic problem wich do appear on high end pc as on low pcs.
Those are kind of programming issues (overflow i guess).

Ahh, very interesting indeed.