Weapon skin customization? [Suggestion]

Bring it back?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. ^----^

• Yes
    • No

Title says all.

Ulao60z.jpg

Sadly in the past this ability has been removed and turned into the "Armas Weapons Skins".

Why it has been removed, i don't know, profitable things, server issueses.. who knows.

If it would have been removed due to profitable things, why not just adding a "Customizable Weapon skin" to the Armas?

Obviously this thread could be an actual suggestion for the "new" APB (If UE3.5 comes out).

Edit// Title changed

Edited by Dasimoge
  • Like 6

Was this ever a thing? Even if it wasn't I would support this.

• Like 1

it was never removed though? they never let us design our own weapon skins for whatever the reasons may be, so instead of asking "bring it back" it should say something like "add this pls"

• Like 2

High quality weapons skins could be such a good source of profit for LO that I'd rather they not add this.

Besides I'm sure the majority of player-made skins would be mediocre anyway.

I also like to see this ingame, but why add a skin editor if they also could implement the same skin hype shit like csgo, Matt would become soooooo rich 

Edited by PHM

This has never be removed , it was just never in the game .

but this makes me think about something else tho , why can't we use skins on legendaries , okay they're legendaries and have a unique skin but why is there a restriction to use normal skins on them , we had bugs before that made us able to skin legendaries and it turned out to be awsome , then it got patched 😞

1 hour ago, PHM said:

I also like to see this ingame, but why add a skin editor if they also could implement the same skin hype shit like csgo, Matt would become soooooo rich 

also i like that a lot .

That was a random concept image done up by someone ages ago. Don't even remember the source of it at this point. It was never like that. 

I do believe the one we have now was to work within the games memory constraints. Given the old nature of the engine and all that. Which does make me wonder if it'd be feasible for them to expand it once the engine upgrade goes live. That or they still won't want to get too carried away with adding onto memory usage. Not to mention that it would take valuable time away from them working on other potentially more crucial things I'd bet. Eh. That's my opinion at least. 

We never had that. That's a fan made concept.

I don't think we should get one either.

• Like 1

we’ve never had that feature

tbh other than possible server load issues (another 50 layers of 100 symbols each) and the fact that it would probably have to be built from scratch i don’t see any problem with this, it would just be another reason to buy premium

orbit could still release preset weapon skins since there’s a lot of stuff you just can’t make ingame 

While it would fit in with the customisation angle the game goes for, I can't really say I pay attention the skins anyone uses. They can use a bright pink skin and I don't really absorb it. I think we're O.K. with just choosable skins, would be a bit of a shame for people go through all that effort designing skins for people to not notice. It's all about the cars and outfits.

But, I don't see a real reason not to include such a feature for those who really want it, it doesn't hurt anyone.

It was never implemented into the game, it was just a project Real Times World had, as many other things.

I am honestly interested in how you thought this actually used to be a thing?

Adding something like this to the current game would add too much overhead to the customization system. Current skins can be assigned using a single byte. A customized skin would require the 3 colors, an alpha layer, and each symbol to go along with them. It takes long enough as is to load players and vehicles when joining a district. Each time a user swaps their weapon your game will need to compile the skin. This would not be good for performance, and memory usage would spike. Users already get the dreaded "out of memory" error.

Once 3.5 is near completion, and I don't mean initial release, then something like this could be considered. For now, it's best to stick with static skins.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

It’s a concept art by ex-rtw designer, it was never implemented 

19 hours ago, Nite said:

High quality weapons skins could be such a good source of profit for LO that I'd rather they not add this.

That's two most idiotic reasons I heard of.

1. Not like it can be brought up as paid service?

2. For all I care it can be just two letters strapped on normal weapon - it's customization of PLAYER, not yours.

Obviously I support it. Suggestion for future, maybe?

My only fear is with how stable it would make APB.

Edited by Mitne

19 hours ago, Nite said:

This is one of those systems that could be added to the game for free with ways of expanding it as a way of monetization. For example, they could give every single player one Customizable Weapon Skin for free meaning that you could design it in the way you want (Premium Limitations apply). And as a way to monetize it, they could release more Customizable Weapon Skin slots on Armas for a fair price meaning that you wouldn't have to delete your old design to start a new one. Something else to note is that a customizable skin slot should be restricted to one weapon as having the ability to use a single slot to design different looking skins on each different gun would be way too much.

As for the system itself, I wouldn't mind seeing something like this added to the game and the only real problem I could see is that it would impact performance further so I feel like it really comes down to how much 3.5 increases the overall performance of the game.

Edited by Frosi
  • Thanks 2

I think only if they will add “premium+” that costs twice more with the ability to make your own weapon skins.

I like this picture of the weapon edit menu ( I don't know if this is just a fake). But what speaks against adding it? It don't look like you able to add own symbols on that weapons.

You should be able to change the color of your weapon and choose from a few motives (like basic camo).

pYASb7q.png

Those motives could be tradable though marktplace so trading gets extended.

Or instead you choose one of the already existing designs:

kfGbLYr.png

Would be nice if they are tradable too but you shouldn't be able to change the color or anything. Ofc some armas skin would be senseless as example color pack. But this pack could be changed to glowing skins (as example) so its special again.

Hard to bring something back which was never there 🙂