MattScott

New SPCT team

On 12/18/2018 at 1:36 AM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

For clarity, the SPCT uses a company Discord server.

I have previously stated that we don’t want to interfere with the various community channels. Players need non-LO spaces to vent about us.

We haven’t opened an official Discord to the general public because we need to demonstrate that we can properly moderate the existing channels and districts before we start adding new places for players to interact.

Thanks,

Matt

I think the whole point was about you guys being active in a community channel and making decision based on that. The channel has a paedophile and people who have sexually harassed girls in this game with ranks. Maybe you should just focus on the channels you guys can manage and avoid having a presence in random communities. Would also be nice to have a good community manager who actually knows how to communicate with it's members and how to keep boundaries.

Offtopic: Why is it that you endorse that specific discord channel on your forums compared to other community channels out there? Seems like a bad idea to endorse something you have no control over, Not to mention that no successful company does this for obvious reasons. But if you had a competent community manager I wouldn't have to tell you this. 

Edited by Nev
  • Like 1

Good luck to the SPCT team and also to LO, I believe in you guys!

• Like 1

On 12/13/2018 at 8:57 PM, cheater said:

Glad to see that half of the new SPCT team consists of players who have 0 perception of the game

seems to dissaprove with the selections made 🤔

I've cleaned out several posts veering heavily off-topic. This is not the place to work out individual problems, those are better solved in private.

-Spuzva

• Thanks 6

2 hours ago, SpuzvaBob said:

I've cleaned out several posts veering heavily off-topic. This is not the place to work out individual problems, those are better solved in private.

-Spuzva

make some members SPCT TEAM to engage them in some kind of activity and not beeping on every message .

On 12/17/2018 at 7:12 PM, Kewlin said:

Uhh, what? What's the correlation here? I'm confused.

First off, how many people here honestly haven't been around since the very start? Lol. Second, playtime also doesn't necessarily correlate to game knowledge any more than forums posts do.

Why are you confused? it was a passive aggressive joke at the people who spent a lot of time saying how they hate the game and that they don't play it any more, yet for some reason sit around on the forums all day making posts.

and i would say that time spent playing the game and learning it would show a person with game knowledge significantly more than quantity of forum posts...

11 hours ago, Seadee said:

Why are you confused? it was a passive aggressive joke at the people who spent a lot of time saying how they hate the game and that they don't play it any more, yet for some reason sit around on the forums all day making posts.

Oh oh, okay. I thought it was more aimed at what I was saying earlier in the thread, my bad.

11 hours ago, Seadee said:

and i would say that time spent playing the game and learning it would show a person with game knowledge significantly more than quantity of forum posts...

True, but not all time spent playing the game is time spent learning it, and not all time spent learning the game is time spent playing it.

Ultimately neither playtime nor post count has direct correlation to game knowledge.

14 hours ago, Kewlin said:

Oh oh, okay. I thought it was more aimed at what I was saying earlier in the thread, my bad.

Nah you are one of the good guys, wouldn't hate on you for being passionate about the game.

True, but not all time spent playing the game is time spent learning it, and not all time spent learning the game is time spent playing it.

Ultimately neither playtime nor post count has direct correlation to game knowledge.

sure there is a lot more to it, but it certainly is a good indicator, i know that at least 4 of the people in the list are passionate about the game on a level that goes beyond healthy, i'm sure the others are similarly afflicted.

i'm quite passionate about the game, i know quite a lot about it, but i wouldnt say i'm terrible skilled at it, i've also lost a lot in my reactions because of my lack of time to play the thing, as soon as my kids dont want my attention any more i'll be back... can LO keep it going for another 15 years?  

1 hour ago, Seadee said:

[...] , as soon as my kids dont want my attention any more i'll be back... can LO keep it going for another 15 years?  

Introduce your kids to APB. 2 problems solved at once :classic_cool:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Introduce your kids to APB. 2 problems solved at once :classic_cool:

I think thats grounds for a child abuse charge.

• Like 1

All SPCT applicants who had more forum posts that hours ingame got automatically denied (just kidding) 😄

Good choice of SPCT members.

Good luck all of you.