MattScott

New SPCT team

1 minute ago, SkittyM said:

I can only guess that you hsve never taken the time to actually get to know me or those around me.  Thats fine though, it is the internet after all.

First impressions are everything.

1 minute ago, Kewlin said:

Well if that's a main priority. . . I'm not sure they're going to do well with that no matter what.

It should be. I don't think anyone would want their upcoming stuff to leak to the public

4 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

I can only guess that you hsve never taken the time to actually get to know me or those around me.  Thats fine though, it is the internet after all.

Remote Detonator with ATAC for pretty much your whole play time. Epic.

1 hour ago, ThrowawayAccount said:

If you have watched his streams over the years, you will notice this. Besides his negative attitude with the community, he has definitely been more than helpful with regards to information and gameplay of APB. He has probably done the most out of all the current SPCT members if we're talking from an informative perspective about APB. So as much as I am probably bashing him, I am glad to see him on this team because I believe he will be able to help connect the community and LO. Though, he has to fix his attitude.

From what Ive heard from past SPCTs, Kempington never showed up to any of the Play tests they had with Old G1 stuff, neither did Shini. So I would disagree of them being useful 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, MattScott said:

The new SPCT is primarily focused on testing unreleased content. We test things internally as best as we can, but as we saw with some of the recent events, we could have used some help finding issues. These aren’t necessarily bugs. They can just be abusable mechanics for a minigame. We want to do more public tests, but engagement on OTW can be pretty hit or miss these days. In order to be involved in the SPCT, these members have agreed to participate in closed tests and write up feedback.

Hopefully we will be expanding the SPCT over the coming months. I’d like to have a much larger pool of reliable players that we can use for testing more complex features as they come up.

Why not just let everyone be on OTW and test the unreleased content? Honestly the game is so small in terms of population that it wouldn't really hurt having 50 players on OTW testing stuff that you might/might not release. Then, just judge the community's feedback by well made posts and the reaction to those.

8 minutes ago, ThrowawayAccount said:

First impressions are everything.

When you say that it's supposed to be a way of saying other people are basically shallow so you need to make a good first impression, not a way to double-back on shittalking someone you don't know.

1 minute ago, swft said:

Why not just let everyone be on OTW and test the unreleased content? Honestly the game is so small in terms of population that it wouldn't really hurt having 50 players on OTW testing stuff that you might/might not release. Then, just judge the community's feedback by well made posts and the reaction to those.

A lot more testing goes into new content than you really can or want to do on the OTW, plus that would be a marketing nightmare.

2 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

When you say that it's supposed to be a way of saying other people are basically shallow so you need to make a good first impression, not a way to double-back on shittalking someone you don't know.

A lot more testing goes into new content than you really can or want to do on the OTW, plus that would be a marketing nightmare.

How can anyone take your opinion seriously when your forum title is s u p r e m e ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cheater said:

How can anyone take your opinion seriously when your forum title is s u p r e m e ?

You can't: I never trust people who make jokes and neither should you.

Edited by Kewlin
grammar

1 minute ago, Kewlin said:

I was an SPCT for about 2 years, I know what used to be tested on OTW. But sure, the engine upgrade is going to be the main test subject, and if it performs like trash on OTW for everyone to see, that would be a pretty bad look for LO.

• Like 1

i remember old spct stuff, idk if it was a good idea to even announce it to everyone (whoever even left on the forums anyway) cus its just drama and drama and more drama but i guess i dont have to say that much cus this whole thread is already enough to show that

plus the whole nda thing matt talks about means basically nothing to people you get to do volunteer work for you, just saying i guess, people from old spct could never keep their mouths shut and told all their friends bout all the things lol

14 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

I am not the one who applied for a position of power. I am simply a person of this community who is providing their input about an individual. If I applied, got accepted, and was listed as one of these SPCT members, I would approach a person who criticizes them in a different manner than how they have done so now, regardless of whether or not the input is addressed in a civilized manner. If not that, then another option is to just simply not reply to the criticism at all.

4 minutes ago, ThrowawayAccount said:

I am not the one who applied for a position of power.

Did you see a sign-up? Nobody on the SPCT applied for the position, they were asked.

Being in the SPCT doesn't give any "power," and their job isn't to deal with random people attacking them with incorrect allegations.

6 minutes ago, ThrowawayAccount said:

I am not the one who applied for a position of power. I am simply a person of this community who is providing their input about an individual. If I applied, got accepted, and was listed as one of these SPCT members, I would approach a person who criticizes them in a different manner than how they have done so now, regardless of whether or not the input is addressed in a civilized manner. If not that, then another option is to just simply not reply to the criticism at all.

We did not specifically apply for a position as SPCT, we were approached and accepted that invitation. 

I'll even quote you the part of the blog where that is mentioned: 

Based on where we are in the process, I have recently started reaching out to specific community members about reforming the SPCT. Our goal here was to choose veteran players that covered a wide range of play styles who could devote time to testing with us and give in depth feedback. They are under NDA, none of them will be able to publicly discuss what they are working on.

[ ON A SIDE NOTE, PLEASE DON'T REACH OUT TO US TO JOIN THE TEAM ]

Just now, Kevkof said:

We did not specifically apply for a position as SPCT, we were approached and accepted that invitation.

Hah, beat you to it old man.

Just now, Kewlin said:

Hah, beat you to it old man.

Sorry, I was busy doing things. As you well know being old ain't easy 🙂 

This thread is starting to get a good old FFbans.org vibe going.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Did you see a sign-up? Nobody on the SPCT applied for the position, they were asked.

Being in the SPCT doesn't give any "power," and their job isn't to deal with random people attacking them with incorrect allegations.

My apologies then, I was under the assumption that people had to apply for the position. Although it does not stray away from the fact that the SPCT is considered a position of power and essentially a public figure in a way. The SPCT has the ability to provide feedback to untested content that regular individuals as myself do not have access to. I am willing to bet that their feedback will be more heavily considered than feedback provided from the average community member. Individuals with higher ranks than the average individual should be held to a higher standard and be more professional.

Also, just because you think my allegations are incorrect, doesn't mean they are, it's just that I stopped bothering with recording every mishap I had with members of the community since G1 rarely dealt with toxicity.

13 minutes ago, ThrowawayAccount said:

Individuals with higher ranks than the average individual should be held to a higher standard and be more professional.

I agree to an extent, in that they shouldn't be blatantly breaking the ToS, but Skitty doesn't do that, lol.

13 minutes ago, ThrowawayAccount said:

Also, just because you think my allegations are incorrect, doesn't mean they are, it's just that I stopped bothering with recording every mishap I had with members of the community since G1 rarely dealt with toxicity.

I mean, they are at least largely incorrect, but you're free to think what you want obviously.

14 minutes ago, ThrowawayAccount said:

The SPCT has the ability to provide feedback to untested content that regular individuals as myself do not have access to.

That doesn't seem to be the purpose of the programme however - SPCT members are just "the guys LO expect to show up for testing if needed", not "the guys whose words have more meaning than everyone else's." If their feedback becomes more heavily weighted its gonna be due to reliability of presence first.

Hmm ...  i would improve list with those names : Rolpack, Revoluzzer, Nessie, TheJellyGoo, indi, NotZombieBiscuit, AsgerLund, Kewlin, Sadira, Kiida, BXNNXD and others well know ppl. 

I mean more testers better feedback ?

Edited by MartisLTU

1 minute ago, MartisLTU said:

AsgerLund

Yeah, IDK what the SPCT is going to do without some nice man-bewbs.

1 hour ago, cheater said:

DmaitAf.jpg

7 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

Hmm ...  i would improve list with those names : Rolpack, Revoluzzer, Nessie, TheJellyGoo, indi, NotZombieBiscuit, AsgerLund, Kewlin, Sadira, Kiida, BXNNXD and others well know ppl. 

I mean more testers better feedback ?

being well known shouldn’t even be any kind of consideration for spct imo

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ThrowawayAccount said:

Thank you for responding.

If the SPCT team's sole purpose is to provide feedback about untested content and not to connect the community and LO together, what is the point of publicly announcing specific individuals who were chosen for the SPCT team? All this does it increase the possibility of negative behavior being thrown towards these individuals, which may lead to biased feedback about untested content. I'll use the game's environment as an example. There have been numerous individuals wanting to change the game's environment during missions, specifically that individuals outside a mission cannot interact with the players inside the mission (ie: cars going through cars). If these SPCT members are being specifically griefed during missions, they may try to change how the environment works for upcoming events/content, which may or may not be a good thing.

I am happy with what has been done and changed by LO, but I still believe that there is a lot toxic behavior that needs to be dealt with before the game can get better. You can have all your feedback and fixes to gameplay, but if the community is toxic then people are going to continue straying away from this game. Not having a community team that provides a positive experience for the entire community reduces the chances of toxicity being dealt with. That being said, I am hopeful for the future, thank you for that.

I feel where you are coming from, I really do. And while it's still early days for SPCT, I think you may be overestimating our level of influence. LO has their own Quality Assurance people who handle the majority of that work. The SPCT members (again, as I understand it) are just there as a safety mechanism assuring that the QA members haven't overlooked anything that a veteran player might not miss. On top of that I can assure you that aside from still adding members to SPCT, the employees of LO are constantly monitoring the forums and listening in game for general player feedback and suggestions. 

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

~snip~

Oh how quickly you've turned.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Oh how quickly you've turned.

Don't say that! It's already weighing heavily on my mind!

I'm just saying we just test stuff. Look for bugs, exploits etc. We ain't making decisions!

Edited by CookiePuss

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Don't say that! It's already weighing heavily on my mind!

I don't love you anymore Cooky, you've made your choice and you're dead to me.

💔

Edited by Kewlin