MattScott

New SPCT team

Hi all,

Over the last few months, Little Orbit has created 2 new events and we are about start Slay Bells next week. We added 2FA, a new reporting system, and we’re going to be testing the new engine upgrade and RIOT mode soon.

That’s a lot, and we’ve seen what it looks like when we rush things or don’t communicate enough with you, our players.

So it’s more important than ever that we re-create the San Paro City Testers (SPCT) to have a group of dedicated players that we can test with to collect feedback. Although this job sounds glamorous, I can assure you these players work hard to make themselves available. They play through buggy content, and they spend time writing up notes to help us fix it.

I am very pleased with the team we have selected. I wanted a combination of the best players who have the most availability, and even some who have been our harshest critics.

In the spirit of transparency, here are the current members of the SPCT:

Shini, Kempington, Skay, Frosi, Rooq, Skitty, CookyPuss, Shakespade, Kevkof, Elanih, Speedz

We will be adding more over time. 

These players are under NDA, however whenever possible, I’ll try to give them approval to post their raw feedback on upcoming events and features, so everyone can track our progress.

Thanks,

Matt

edited: ... for reasons

• Like 25
  • Thanks 9

Cheers to the new player testing squad!

why am I mildly surprised that Cooky is in and Bxnnxd isn't.....

• Like 1

Good luck to them. 5 good choices the rest don’t make sense. Hopefully we will see some improvements with patches and overall game. At current state it’s pretty terrible and not worth playing with all the ongoing issues.

congratz to the new spct memers, hopefully orbit takes you more seriously than g1 did

are they giving you guys the spct skins?

11 minutes ago, Nite said:

why am I mildly surprised that Cooky is in and Bxnnxd isn't.....

i have a rather poor history with apb (and fairfight, hint hint)

besides, cooky is exponentially more active in the community and ingame than i am

Edited by BXNNXD
typo
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i have a rather poor history with apb (and fairfight, hint hint)

besides, cooky is exponentially more active in the community and ingame than i am

I thought that was all under the old management though, clean slate and all

Point taken though

21 minutes ago, Nev said:

Good luck to them. 5 good choices the rest don’t make sense. Hopefully we will see some improvements with patches and overall game. At current state it’s pretty terrible and not worth playing with all the ongoing issues.

I somehow have a feeling I'm not one of the good 5. Nonetheless, we'll do what we can to help test the new stuff to ensure it's as bug free as possible! Of course, I'll try to keep an eye out for feedback from you ladies and gentlemen so we can test it ourselves and attempt to re-create the issues you may encounter.

Edited by Kempington
  • Like 11

let's make sure this game is scat-free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Cheers to the people selected for the program! I hope there are interesting new things for you to test.

Most of these people make sense going by what they've shown since APB went under LO, so for each of them it's well deserved.

• Like 1

After getting the chance to talk to the people at LO I am happy to say that the game is in good hands and that they are probably the best thing that could've happened to the game. I'm excited to help them with what they have planned in the future and I am sure that the community will appreciate all the hard work that goes into making APB a better game.

Edited by Frosi
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Haganu said:

Cheers to the people selected for the program! I hope there are interesting new things for you to test.

Most of these people make sense going by what they've shown since APB went under LO, so for each of them it's well deserved.

I must be the one that makes no sense... which makes sense because I make no sense anyway 😉

Hope to make a positive difference 🙂 Let's do this.

• Like 5

I am glad to see old faces are still helping out with the game. I know you guys give valuable input!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

So it’s more important than ever that we re-create the San Paro City Testers (SPCT) to have a group of dedicated players that we can test with to collect feedback.

I think you meant "dedicated". 

Also, a decent selection of players from the community. Nice job!

(MattScott: well spotted.)

Edited by MattScott

5 minutes ago, speee said:

I think you meant "dedicated". 

Also, a decent selection of players from the community. Nice job!

No, deficated seems about right.

SJCudKj.gif

Yeah. Obviously I’m not going to be able to edit my way out of that one. 

It turns out, everyone on SPCT proofed that post...

Congrats on all of those who made the SPCT Team I trust most of them, some never heard of but I'll trust they'll make the right decisions on stuff to make this game great again.

Well good luck to everyone. Any news regarding SPCM revival while we're on the topic of volunteer programs?

22 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Yeah. Obviously I’m not going to be able to edit my way out of that one. 

It turns out, everyone on SPCT proofed that post...

It's okay Matt, we appreciate your honesty.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Yood said:

only two characters I have no doubt . it Skay , Kevkof .

same

Awesome, this game needed a new SPCT team. Hopefully LO uses them to their full potential.

Congrats to the new SPCT members!

Edited by IROCkiller

4 minutes ago, Yood said:

question for you ! your character was banned by the system FF ? 

LO gave everyone a clean slate when they took over.  If they haven't broken any rules or cheated since the then, who cares? Much bigger problems to think about.

Edited by Kiida
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiida said:

LO gave everyone a clean slate when they took over, so it's pretty pointless to bring up things like this. They're a team that's here to help improve the game.

it's good to have nine lives .  do you really think five people will solve your problems ?

Just now, Yood said:

it's good to have nine lives .  do you really think five people will solve your problems ?

Except it's not just 'five people'. Everyone who plays APB has a chance to push their suggestions towards improving the game, just many choose to fuzzy bunny and whine instead. SPCT are mainly there for balance testing and finding bugs to fix.

• Like 1