MattScott

FE Holiday Events 2018 (Updated)

Hi Wastelanders,

The holidays are officially here! 

The Grunch Event - December 12

fe-holiday-2018-03.jpg"I hate all those Whoms! How they sing and they shout! I'd love to destroy them, and rip their guts out!"

The Grunch had an idea! An awful idea! The Grunch had a wonderful, awful idea!

Grunches and Whoms have invaded the Wasteland! Seek out Cindy Loom Whom, found in Spider Hill, New Flagstaff, Trader’s Flat and Los Alamos. If you can stop the Grunch and bring back some of the xmas gifts he stole Cindy will give you a special holiday reward. Players Level 46-55 can take a second mission to earn an exclusive (and antlered) bonus reward.

Quest giver: Cindy Loom NPC

Locations:

• Plateau - Spider Hill, waypoint 4680480 4135025, quest available for player level 1-15
  • Northfields - New Flagstaff, waypoint 4482171 5508380, quest available for player level 16-25
  • Kaibab Forest - Trader's Flat, waypoint 6524573 5214506, quest available for player level 26-40
  • Deadfall - Los Alamos, waypoint 5527405 5105450, main quest available for player level 41-55, non-repeatable quest available for player level 55 only

Grunch locations:

• Plateau - waypoint 4682417, 4297973 (for player level 1-15 quest)
  • Northfields - waypoint 4249533, 5451852 (for player level 16-25 quest)
  • Kaibab Forest - waypoint 6766428, 5292237 (for player level 26-40 quest)
  • Deadfall - waypoint 5665130, 5103273 (for player level 41-55 quest)
  • Alpha Zone (Alpha County) - waypoint 6544607, 3920430 (for player level 41-55 quest)
  • Epsilon Zone (Outpost) - waypoint 6309186, 3380807 (for player level 41-55 quest)

First Night - December 19 - January 2

fe-holiday-2018-02.jpgSince the Fall, computer glitches and leap years have created controversy over the actual date of the New Year. For decades now, people in all areas of the Grand Canyon Province have used different dates, leading to much confusion. Now, the Archivist Coalition, with the help of LifeNet, has finally determined the actual date of the New Year. In the process of their research, the Coalition has also uncovered a great deal of information about various holidays that had been celebrated in the past. In honor of the establishment of the true date, the Coalition is sponsoring “First Night” a festival that combines many of the holidays past.

There might not be any snow in the Wasteland, but citizens from all over the Grand Canyon Province can join together, build some Dirtmen, and wait for the arrival of S.A.N.T.A (the Seasonal Arctic Network of Toy-based Altruism). They’ve been keeping track of who's naughty and nice. The nice get gifts and the naughty get hunted down. Hope you were nice! There will be plenty more celebrating where that came from, as well as holiday missions and goodies. Enjoy party crackers, fruitcake, and festive top hats from gift boxes, or trade the unopened boxes in for a chance to win the ultra-rare white top hat.

First Night waypoints for location of questors:

• Odenville -3989214, 3072292 (player level 2-15)
  • Embry Crossroads - 4237238, 3218729 (player level 2-15)
  • Watchtower - 4511717, 3941784 (player level 8-20)
  • Sunshine Corners - 4565090, 4988004 (player level 10-30)
  • New Flagstaff - 4523486, 5486292 (player level 20-35)
  • Dieseltown - 6094646, 5709645 (player level 25-55)
  • Trader's Flat - 6521150, 5229402 (player level 30-55)

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Would be nice to halve the time between grunch spawns too imo...Bcus..well reasons.

• Like 1

@MattScottSeeing that Matt is doing everything possible to recover the game is something that I like and gives hope. What if I say matt, is that the "Grunch Event" is an event that is already very chewed, since they have put it every year, with the same things and the same bugs (if there have been any other year that they have not put anything in and they have forgotten that the community exists). I already lost all hope in the game given that there is no innovation ... if you make that change ... I'll be back !! a greeting!!!

Edited by Aroa Croft
  • Like 1

Hi @Aroa Croft,

This is the same event with minor changes. However on December 19th we will be running an event that hasn't been seen in a long time.

Without significant code changes, we can't innovate or make new content. We are still working on that.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi @Aroa Croft,

This is the same event with minor changes. However on December 19th we will be running an event that hasn't been seen in a long time.

Without significant code changes, we can't innovate or make new content. We are still working on that.

Thanks,
Matt

thank you for answering me, I know you do the impossible and I like how the company works and how professional it is. I have nothing but good words, but fallen earth needs a little more love, strong arguments that make the game addictive again, the game deserves it. Greetings and thanks again!!!

edit: I care rather little that whatever it is they give me dislikes without any sense, whoever it is, he himself retracts that he is a troll  ; D

Edited by Aroa Croft
edit
  • Like 1

Hi everyone,

I have updated the details in this post to announce "First Night", which will start December 19th.

We are very excited about this event. It hasn't been run for quite a while, and it has taken a lot of internal work to get all the pieces put back together.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Thanks Matt and all the team working on giving the players these events. I know many people are very appreciative of them. Could you possible decrease the timers for Grunch though. Waiting 4 hrs for a spawn that is gone before you can get to it because of some impatient players is a little annoying and not everyone has 4-5 hrs to play on FE in the hopes to do the events.

Merry Xmas to all of you at LO

Edited by Dracio
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Is there a applicable time when you event is starting.

IE for players of U.S and Players Of EU Side you know there's a 5-8 hours difference type thing, so was wondering if there is a specific time the event is??

If i understand this is an event like citadel?

Would like to see FE under the snow (at least some importants places). It is a lot of work to replace few textures and add a scrip to drop the snow?

On 12/14/2018 at 12:44 AM, Aroa Croft said:

edit: I care rather little that whatever it is they give me dislikes without any sense, whoever it is, he himself retracts that he is a troll  ; D

I guess they don't like patootie kisser.

• Like 1

I remember when Unicorns dropped gift boxes all over the wastelands. Loved it!!

@MattScott I am really impressed with the First Night event so far, and I'd like to thank you for that. However, there are a few bugs that arise :
1) After defeating Red Rudy in Trader's Flat, Dunder's dialogue uses the same script used by Stoopid in Dieseltown. It's not a major issue but the information is quite misleading.
2) Mission: The Goose is Getting Fat in Sunshine Corners New Flagstaff require Cactus, which can no longer be obtained, renders the missions uncompletable. Could it be that the item was sold by some merchants elsewhere but it wasn't addressed?

Could you arrange for a fix to these issues soonish?

Regards, and Merry Christmas,

Guinylen.

On 12/22/2018 at 9:26 AM, Guinylen said:

@MattScott I am really impressed with the First Night event so far, and I'd like to thank you for that. However, there are a few bugs that arise :
1) After defeating Red Rudy in Trader's Flat, Dunder's dialogue uses the same script used by Stoopid in Dieseltown. It's not a major issue but the information is quite misleading.
2) Mission: The Goose is Getting Fat in Sunshine Corners New Flagstaff require Cactus, which can no longer be obtained, renders the missions uncompletable. Could it be that the item was sold by some merchants elsewhere but it wasn't addressed?

Could you arrange for a fix to these issues soonish?

Regards, and Merry Christmas,

Guinylen.

Ad 2) Cactus can be bought from Cooking merchants in New Flagstaff and Sunshine Corners.

Edited by Lukasocz

3 hours ago, Lukasocz said:

Ad 2) Cactus can be bought from Cooking merchants in New Flagstaff and Sunshine Corners.

Thanks 😆

I didnt tried to open my boxes from First Night yet, so i cannot be sure if its possible, or not, to have all the hats from them, but...since im not gonna do it on multiple chars (if i had any at the first place, cept storage toons), and if the drop chance is bs actually, did it ever occured to u, that its better to change the quests, by giving boxes in reward for doin it more then once? If ur concern, for whatever the reason, is AH or anything else at all, just make em attuned to the char, the very moment u get it out of the box (or non-tradable simply), and thats it. Its not a suggestions part of forum, but, its faster this way i guess.

Edited by Creeping Vulture

I know that players have lower chance to get festive hats due to non-repeatable quests for gift boxes but imagine state when it would be repeatable. Result of that would be auction house overfull of hats and tradable xmas food items. Tradable and non-tradable xmas food items is possible to get from repetable quests but I think hats should be something more rarer than xmas food.

So I think that non-repeatable state for quests where gift box is a reward is a good step.

• Like 2

one tip when you post things with waypoints, please leave out the comma. Much easier to copy/paste them without it.

Edited by Eric Cloud
  • Like 1