Lixil

2FA and new report system!

2FA ? amazing now i can post my email and password at woolies

Happy 2FA can be used with Google Authenticator  🙏

WARNING. Don't use 2FA if you login in with Steam. It just simply don't work and you can't log in.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I assume the new report still has the old report system function of varying importance; where someone who reports a lot has their reports become less 'important' and vice versa.

I surely hope so and very much look forward to rendering the importance of all my reports utterly insignificant in a manner of hours.

This just shows they are takeing cheating serious... love it... gives me faith in LO thank u ..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lixil said:

-snip-

We also have a bug report facility as well i suppose. 

Edited by Defibrillator

30 minutes ago, Defibrillator said:

We also have a bug report facility as well i suppose. 

There is an ingame bug reporter (when you press esc), but I'm not sure if that has ever actually worked. Though it's useful to get the stats for your character

3 hours ago, Lign said:

Nah, I meant, something like in csgo. It forces you to attach mobile and if you get banned on your account, you need to get a new phone number to play the game again

except that you can now straight up buy it now...

but just to add:

not like that was doing much before, people who paid for their cheats (public cheats would get detected quite easily (except on linux lol) probably have no issue ordering some SIMs in bulk from ebay... basically free. (some are even profitable if you don't fall for their policies and get e.g. bonus amazon vouchers on top when buying them)

the important factor was that you had to be level 21 too to become prime.

however, with the improvements to vacnet, all of these factors are basically negligible... an anticheat will always do more - however - the previous methods are far more realistically adaptable (especially for small companies like LO)

and yeah, the more barriers that a normal player can effortlessly pass but a cheater couldn't, the better.

How its working?

The more complaints about a particular player, the higher the priority of checking this player?

Or experts will check every report? 

Is there a limit of reports for each player? 

Tell us how your reporting system is different from the old system by Reloaded Prod.

ah the 2fa we thought we were getting since the trading system. LO Still delivered. good job 🙂

EDIT: 1 question, since google chrome authentication addon is being used, let's say you format your pc and reinstalled, logged in your gmail account again. Will your account stay saved? or do u need to remove the 2fa before cleaning your pc or reinstall browser or w.e. ?

question 2: Can we use an authenticator from our phone? Like google authenticator for example? 

Edited by Keshi

4 hours ago, Visionaireh said:

Can't login using Steam after enabling 2FA. Please fix 🙂

iirc you can't use 2fa and steam log in

Also, steam already has 2fa. 

37 minutes ago, Keshi said:

ah the 2fa we thought we were getting since the trading system. LO Still delivered. good job 🙂

EDIT: 1 question, since google chrome authentication addon is being used, let's say you format your pc and reinstalled, logged in your gmail account again. Will your account stay saved? or do u need to remove the 2fa before cleaning your pc or reinstall browser or w.e. ?

question 2: Can we use an authenticator from our phone? Like google authenticator for example? 

1. Remove MFA first to be safe but I would honestly just use a phone app not chrome addons or a PC auth app.

2. Any authenticator should work, I put mine on my phone using the app "Authy". You could use google auth or microsoft auth apps etc etc
Authy has the added benefit of being able to use it on multiple devices and can be restored if you lose your phone.

Edited by Shini

1 hour ago, LittleCritique said:

Tell us how your reporting system is different from the old system by Reloaded Prod.

This one doesn't just go to /dev/null 😄

2fa  make game crash  ... thx but i will wait ....2fa disable

Ah, I can FINALLY get reported whenever I get a killstreak on HVR or JG on a group of sore losers/triggerable players. Thank you LO, very cool! 

I seriously hope you guys plan to make 2FA work with Steam login. A big portion, if not most of APB players use Steam to log into APB. Pls fix.

I just want to know: a lot of reports won't make my reports useless? (if all reports are correct) 
Does the reporting system have a “scale of importance” for each player’s reports that can increase and underestimate the player’s reports? 

Merged.

Should I report on every cheater I see, or only on those that annoy me the most? (I assure you - my reports are infallible)

51 minutes ago, Flaws said:

I seriously hope you guys plan to make 2FA work with Steam login. A big portion, if not most of APB players use Steam to log into APB. Pls fix.

But steam already has 2fa, no?

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

iirc you can't use 2fa and steam log in

Also, steam already has 2fa. 

My basic logic is telling me that Steam 2FA shouldn't* be getting involved as it protects products, Valve accounts, personal details and game data live online content shouldn't be covered in such an impeding way...

But maybe Steam can't differentiate between something that is a self contained or something that runs semi/fully online with external data, and as such is causing a conflict unintentionally?

Edited by VickyFox

33 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

But steam already has 2fa, no?

The problem is that even if you use Steam (and have it's own 2FA enabled) it won't stop anyone who has somehow acquired your GamersFirst Account Details to just login in-game without needing your Steam account at all. They are not related in any way. The GamersFirst 2FA MUST work with and without Steam login. Like, this is an absolute MUST.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Flaws said:

The problem is that even if you use Steam (and have it's own 2FA enabled) it won't stop anyone who has somehow acquired your GamersFirst Account Details to just login in-game without needing your Steam account at all. They are not related in any way. The GamersFirst 2FA MUST work with and without Steam login. Like, this is an absolute MUST.

AHh I see what you mean, hopefully they can clear this up soon.

Steam auto log-ins currently do not work with 2FA but you are still able to manually log into your account, through Steam, and still have access to all the Steam functions, including the overlay. We will be investigating the issue and see if its possible to get it working.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Flaws said:

loser

• Like 1