Lixil

2FA and new report system!

the link you put in the post shows a 404

https://www.gamersfirst.com/account

edit: oh, if you're not logged in, it won't show the page. only after you go directly to gamersfirst.com and login is when it shows you the /account link in the url bar.

Edited by Aeronaut

I've seen there are no recovery codes for 2FA.

What do I do in case I lose my phone or it breaks and I can't access my codes?

56 minutes ago, GhosT said:

What do I do in case I lose my phone or it breaks and I can't access my codes?

use Authy instead of Google, its a problem with the authenticator, not apb

https://authy.com/

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

use Authy instead of Google, its a problem with the authenticator, not apb

https://authy.com/

Is there a way to transfer all my stuff from Google Auth to Authy without having to manually go through every single account?

16 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

forward progress is good progress

orbit has a pretty good promise-keeping streak at this point

Having an actual team of devs makes quite the difference doesn't it

5 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Is there a way to transfer all my stuff from Google Auth to Authy without having to manually go through every single account?

oh crap, that I dont know

I only learned of Authy when I bought my new phone like 2 weeks ago and couldnt access any of my accounts due to google auth.

Basically I had to remove it from anything I used it for using the old phone, and then set it up again on new phone with Authy.

Edited by CookiePuss

Can we get a clarification on what exactly "Copyright Infringement" would apply to @MattScott?

I only ask because

1: I know nothing of copyright law, and

2: so much of what is created in apb, from symbols, to themes, to clothing are recreations of real world things.

Can whoever has issue with the steam please send me a DM with exact problem they are experiencing?

17 minutes ago, LoveForMatt said:

Copyright in a game... seriously?

Yeah but I feel like it maybe doesnt mean what we fear.

13 hours ago, AsgerLund said:

Macro that shizzle for ultimate spam.

fo shizzle ma nizzle

18 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I assume the new report still has the old report system function of varying importance; where someone who reports a lot has their reports become less 'important' and vice versa.

brb making new accounts to report the guy who hurt my feelings.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Can we get a clarification on what exactly "Copyright Infringement" would apply to @MattScott?

I only ask because

1: I know nothing of copyright law, and

2: so much of what is created in apb, from symbols, to themes, to clothing are recreations of real world things.

This is a great question.

Copyright Infringement as a category is there purely so large corporations can flag content they want removed that violates their rights in a way protected by law.
It would mean that a representative of Nickelodeon would have to get on the system and flag a character selling Sponge Bob pants for real money.

Bear in mind by our definition, Copyright Infringement goes well beyond dressing up a character as Sponge Bob.

It would generally mean using their character in a way that negatively reflects on them or making money off the content.

IMO that scenario is pretty unlikely, but legally, we felt the need to at least support it.

Thanks,
Matt

• Thanks 3

The issue of not being able to login with steam, when you have 2FA enabled seems to have been fixed already 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kevkof said:

The issue of not being able to login with steam, when you have 2FA enabled seems to have been fixed already 

thanks for letting us know.

*Sigh* I new it would come back.

Any chance I can trace back my own /report logs since the report function got taken out? I typed /report $names  just in case (I hate people who go free with doing bad stuff. So I hope I tagged them this way.. For the future.... Would a report function come back.....).

four steps ahead of simplicity.

Edit: I hope i'm not naming and shaming, I dislike people who should be banned but I don't want to get the b-hammer myself...

I suppose this gets low-priority with the community staff, and frankly, I am okay with that.

Edited by koenyboy500

42 minutes ago, koenyboy500 said:

Any chance I can trace back my own /report logs since the report function got taken out? I typed /report $names  just in case

If you still have the logs from all that time, then that might be possible. It would take some time, but it can be done. 

Though I would suggest to not just try and report them all, but when you meet them again in a match, just to keep it in mind that you reported them before.

On 12/12/2018 at 12:10 AM, Lixil said:

[...]

TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION and follow the required steps to secure your account. You will need to use an authentication tool like Google Authenticator App to complete the set-up.

1ouYYac.png

Setting up #2FA was easy for me. I have both #authy  and #winAuth #2FA on my system. I recommend #Authy https://authy.com to all who want multi OS level protection for their #2FA and easy device addition to their token wallets.

I have one question. Why does the system when I logout not ask me again for my #2FA code after I used it once on the website? It's like the option keep device in memory, which you have at google and others is turned on automatically. That's sth I dislike. I want to enter my #2FA code *every time* I login the game and the website

22 hours ago, GhosT said:

Use multiOS protection with network stored device base encrypted tokens in #authy (@authy on twitter) https://authy.com

On 12/12/2018 at 10:59 AM, Keshi said:

EDIT: 1 question, since google chrome authentication addon is being used, let's say you format your pc and reinstalled, logged in your gmail account again. 

Check my above responses

Edited by Gamma64c

On 12/12/2018 at 6:04 AM, Lign said:

I wish 2FA to be mobile verification 

Same response as my other ones #authy #2FA is what you need https://authy.com

Edited by Gamma64c

About 2FA - we've had 2FA for forum accounts for quite a while now, and you guys have now introduced 2FA for the game accounts.

I tried to log into my forum account on my phone today, and had to enter two different 2FA codes from both accounts, and only then could I log in.

It's a little confusing - especially considering it doesn't specify which code you should enter, so you gamble between two codes, and only one works per "stage", and in the next 2FA code request, you do the same thing again.

Edited by GhosT
1 more sentence

On 12/12/2018 at 10:35 AM, Shini said:

1. Remove MFA first to be safe but I would honestly just use a phone app not chrome addons or a PC auth app.

2. Any authenticator should work, I put mine on my phone using the app "Authy". You could use google auth or microsoft auth apps etc etc
Authy has the added benefit of being able to use it on multiple devices and can be restored if you lose your phone.

I have authy for my twitch account but, i wanted to make sure i could use any, and used google authenticator as an example because idk if everyone was familiar with authy lol. but thx for letting me know it works!

I can't press the "report" button even when i filled all the columns on the reporting dialog came from the /report. It's grey like the image of this post.

10 minutes ago, kiki55 said:

I can't press the "report" button even when i filled all the columns on the reporting dialog came from the /report. It's grey like the image of this post.

As mentioned in the patch notes: 

Known Issues:

• Choosing the cheating category will not correctly update the report button. The workaround for this issue is choosing the cheating category before the player name is entered. If the category is chosen first, then the player name is entered, it will work correctly.
  • Using /report (name) will not correctly update the report button. Simply delete the last letter/number of the character's name once in the report form and re-enter it to correctly refresh the button.

This last one fixes it.

1 minute ago, Kevkof said:

As mentioned in the patch notes: 

Known Issues:

• Choosing the cheating category will not correctly update the report button. The workaround for this issue is choosing the cheating category before the player name is entered. If the category is chosen first, then the player name is entered, it will work correctly.
  • Using /report (name) will not correctly update the report button. Simply delete the last letter/number of the character's name once in the report form and re-enter it to correctly refresh the button.

This last one fixes it.

oh thank you!

Hey @Lixil will support be getting to other tickets anytime soon? Ive had one in que for over 3 months now about my acc losing an outfit slot.

2 hours ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

now lets see if the blatant players who plague jericho every single day will actually be banned.

I must be pretty lucky, I haven't seen more than one cheater on Jericho in months. And even that fella has'nt been seen by me in a few days.