Kariiim

give me reason why removing muzzle flash is bannable

yesterday i was downloading this config then my friend told me it bannable i just wanna remove it cuz of my fps 

Because it gives you more visibility, especially in marksman mode fights, giving you an advantage over the enemy. I personally don't mind such config edits but I'd assume LO thinks something like that. If it even was confirmed to be banable, haven't found a source yet.

• Like 4

As Vanille said, It's giving you a visual advantage over your opponents.

If you did this then anyone could use the excuse to remove muzzle flash, explosions and other visual affects just to improve frames when really they're just taking advantage of a genuine need of someone else.

I know this sounds like a less than pleasant fellow thing to say but if your FPS is low then that's a problem with your system, and not something the game and everyone else should be compensating for.

Clean out some old files, keep drivers up to date, try and upgrade some old hardware is possible. Also make sure your computer is not to dust laden in fans or grills as it will cause thermal throttling which slows down general operations of a computer.

Edited by VickyFox
  • Like 3

On 12/11/2018 at 7:42 AM, CerealXKiller said:

yesterday i was downloading this config then my friend told me it bannable i just wanna remove it cuz of my fps 

-

Edited by xFelicia

You can't disable muzzle flash directly though. You can however remove most particles which also removes muzzle flash.

11 hours ago, CerealXKiller said:

terms of service says do not tamper with files or  get banned

so do not tamper with files or get banned

duh

• Like 3

Just about every streamer does this, can you be banned? Sure. But you can actually be banned for almost anything you do in game, due to the TOS.

Will you be banned??? 

I highly doubt it.

No one else has, why would you.

• Like 1

The illusion that something is bannable makes you think that you're more likely to be banned for such a sin but if you don't try you won't know. I'm not saying to take a risk but...yeah 

Been seeing many peoples using it with no suspension or what so ever. 

Whenever they will be encrypting the game's folder they won't have a necessity to worry about those things. They won't lose their playerbase and they won't be asked such a question on the forums anymore. 

Simply.

🙂

3 minutes ago, jarko said:

Whenever they will be encrypting the game's folder they won't have a necessity to worry about those things.

Pretty much this. G1 tried stopping people from editing certain things in the config files without actually encrypting files countless times and people have found a new workaround every time. Banning players for config edits at this point would be nothing but silly. What they should do is encrypt the files in the 3.5 update and be done with it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

terms of service says do not tamper with files or  get banned

so do not tamper with files or get banned

duh

no idea why this got disliked.

changing config files manually/changing the gamefiles has been classified as bannable for more than a year already.

and with battleye automatically checking the files, they have to add specific exceptions for changes.

it was officially stated before that changes made by advanced launcher are among these exceptions and that it should be safe to use.

and it gives you many options - so rather use these.

they also stated that upon 3.5 release all these configs etc and advanced launcher should be rendered useless so they are looking to integrate most features into the ingame options.

That's bannable cuz you get huge advantage.

But idk LO bans you or no.

I saw some streamers using custom shader(like crosshair , remove flash , explodes) in twitch.

But they aren't banned.

It's "bannable", however they won't dare actually banning anyone for using configs right now since everyone uses them. Maybe when the engine upgrade hits and they decide to actually block file changes properly instead of threatening people.

Edited by swft

Lmao, banning people for .ini file edits, good way to go!

What's the difference between using the advanced launcher to edit files and editing those file manually?

12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

What's the difference between using the advanced launcher to edit files and editing those file manually?

Rhetorical? You know the answer to that, but in principle I find myself asking the same.

All of these config edits should be advanced options in game.

wait so what am I not allowed to use ?? my i just reinstalled my entire config and i dont want to have to go through everything one by one...

is it just muzzle flash that i cant use or??

5 minutes ago, iRawwwN said:

wait so what am I not allowed to use ?? my i just reinstalled my entire config and i dont want to have to go through everything one by one...

The Terms of Service says basically any manually done changes to the APB game folder is prohibited.

The exception would be to send copies of the log report to staff. Reverse engineering of APB is a No-No.

A rule of thumb: if you feel like you have to ask a moderator or the forum if something is against the rules, then it is better to safe than sorry and chances are that it is against the rules anyway.

15 minutes ago, iRawwwN said:

I'll DM the stuff from Matt.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

The Terms of Service says basically any manually done changes to the APB game folder is prohibited.

The exception would be to send copies of the log report to staff. Reverse engineering of APB is a No-No.

A rule of thumb: if you feel like you have to ask a moderator or the forum if something is against the rules, then it is better to safe than sorry and chances are that it is against the rules anyway.

ya zzzz game devs cant make their game playable but wont let us make edits to allow us to play it without major hiccups. im gucci imma go play something else 'til they fix shit

10 hours ago, neophobia said:

no idea why this got disliked.

there's a couple people who do that to em just to do that to me

they literally went through as many old posts of mine a they could

haters are gonna hate *shrugs*

back on topic

we cant tamper with files

not right to do so don't do it

simple right?

easy as pie but id rather have Christmas cookies

51 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

there's a couple people who do that to em just to do that to me

they literally went through as many old posts of mine a they could

haters are gonna hate *shrugs*

back on topic

we cant tamper with files

not right to do so don't do it

simple right?

easy as pie but id rather have Christmas cookies

You can tamper with any files the advanced launcher changes.

And judging by the streaming community, you can tamper with many more as well.

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Well, the difference is that the muzzle flash file is a .upk file and not a .ini file which means that it is not a simple edit to do.

Just now, Frosi said:

Well, the difference is that the muzzle flash file is a .upk file and not a .ini file which means that it is not a simple edit to do.

Yeah, honestly I haven't used it since the days of the DopeConfig.

NGL, it made using the CCG a dream.