Sign in to follow this  
Hollowchick

This never gets old

So the game got Battleye now, what everybody and their grandmother was waiting for, but you didn't really believe that would stop anybody crying about cheaters now did you?

So first we had Punkbuster. Punkbuster was utter sheit, I don't think anybody is gonna argue in a sane state  of mind unless they've been in a coma since 2003 and just woke up.

Then we had reports to the support. Bans took long and weren't all that precise if they happened at all. So the community cried for an anti cheat solution.

Then we got FairFight. For the first month or so people were so fucking hyped, everybody and their grandmother loved it for banning and publicly shaming notorious cheaters in kilometer long ban lists. People were stoked for about a month, then it was slowly creeping in. People were complaining about false positives and problems with FF. All the bans were wrong and no cheater would ever be banned ofc, the person they suspected cheating has been on for months and isn't banned yada yada yada.

Then Punkbuster acted up. So everybody was complaining all of a sudden. To be fair: Evenbalance is a freaking joke and Punkbuster belonged in a graveyard roughly 8 years prior already. So they removed Punkbuster. And people were crying cause all Punkbuster-bans were lifted and the massive amount of 3 cheaters that Punkbuster banned over these years were released.

So LO took over and at this point the cries for another proper anti cheat were about as loud as a starting fighter jet.
And LO delivered. With Battleye, an anti cheat which was not demanded but practically ransomed by the community. And we got it. Low and behold everybody and their grandmother was praising it for about a month when it first came. Praise to be held over the combination of FairFight and Battleye, two of the best anti-cheat systems on the market right now. Everything was perfect.
But then ofc people started crying about THAT too. They saw cheaters and hekler chet blyat. Aimboot valhak treggerboat, everybody cheat)))

Cracks me up every time. Wonder what it takes to please some people.

VAC support in 2021 guys.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Hollowchick said:

Wonder what it takes to please some people.

Hard to say, but not having to play against the same cheater for months would probably be a start. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

APB doesn't have any more of a cheater problem than any other F2P shooter. It does however have a hackusation problem.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

APB doesn't have any more of a cheater problem than any other F2P shooter. It does however have a hackusation problem.

Word. Other F2P games can be lucky if they even have a single sheitty anti cheat solution while APB has two of the top market leaders in that department combined.

Edited by Hollowchick

Just now, Hollowchick said:

Word. Other F2P games can be lucky if they even have a single sheitty anti cheat solution while APB has two of the top market leaders in that department combined.

EAC after VAC in 2021 right? EAC for 2023.

Just now, NotZombieBiscuit said:

EAC after VAC in 2021 right? EAC for 2023.

>APB in 2025
>6 top of the line market leaders in anti cheat systems running simultaneously.
>You can't fire a single shot w/o getting an insta ban 
>New posts of APB kids on the forums 9x a day
>"I SAW THIS GUY FOR MONTHS STILL CHEATING AIMTRIGGER WALLBOTTER"

15 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

APB doesn't have any more of a cheater problem than any other F2P shooter. 

Hi, I'm volunteering for "that guy" today. 

(Cough cough) Source?

Also, it feels like you guys are forgetting the CEO even admitted the anti cheat isn't up to snuff. 

Edited by CookiePuss

10 minutes ago, Hollowchick said:

>APB in 2025
>6 top of the line market leaders in anti cheat systems running simultaneously.
>You can't fire a single shot w/o getting an insta ban 
>New posts of APB kids on the forums 9x a day
>"I SAW THIS GUY FOR MONTHS STILL CHEATING AIMTRIGGER WALLBOTTER"

>APB in 2030

>10 Anti cheats running that take up 99% of your cpu

>SLI 3280 ti, i12 12760k

>still run potato settings cause 1% power left

>every input and frame data ran through AI neural net

>alt tabbing gets you banned instantly

>Get hackusated for changing mods 0.1 seconds too fast due to ping diffference

>AI detects the difference and report as a hack

>anti cheats cause power surge in your home

>everything on fire

>thisisfine.jpg

>phone signal blocked due to being criminalized instantly

> no emergency response

>burn alive

>least I got to make some silver cry one last time

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Hi, I'm volunteering for "that guy" today. 

(Cough cough) Source?

Also, it feels like you guys are forgetting the CEO even admitted the anti cheat isn't up to snuff. 

Yea, but Matt holds the opinion that any cheaters above 0 means it is not up to snuff. Sure, might be a nice outlook to have towards improvement but it isn't very realistic.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Yea, but Matt holds the opinion that any cheaters above 0 means it is not up to snuff. Sure, might be a nice outlook to have towards improvement but it isn't very realistic.

Does he think that tho?

(Being "that guy" is kinda fun)

it’s almost like cheats and anticheats are caught in an endless loop of one-upping each other

how crazy is that

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

it’s almost like cheats and anticheats are caught in an endless loop of one-upping each other

how crazy is that

And it would all end if people could take a loss.

Thats the crazy part.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

>APB in 2030

>10 Anti cheats running that take up 99% of your cpu

>SLI 3280 ti, i12 12760k

>still run potato settings cause 1% power left

>every input and frame data ran through AI neural net

>alt tabbing gets you banned instantly

>Get hackusated for changing mods 0.1 seconds too fast due to ping diffference

>AI detects the difference and report as a hack

>anti cheats cause power surge in your home

>everything on fire

>thisisfine.jpg

>phone signal blocked due to being criminalized instantly

> no emergency response

>burn alive

>least I got to make some silver cry one last time

Now THIS is a quality greentext!

• Like 1

meme arrows on a forum haha why isnt the text automatically turning green

2 minutes ago, Haganu said:

meme arrows on a forum haha why isnt the text automatically turning green

>imagine unironically using meme arrows not on infinity chain kek

11 minutes ago, LoveForMatt said:

FF was pretty amazing, got the most renowed cheaters that been an unoperable tumorous cancer for years. That it had false postives was their last tactic to take down such powerful anticheat.

For a month playing apb was a dream, that didnt happen with battle eye...

Bruh whatever you are smoking, share some with me. 

10 minutes ago, LoveForMatt said:

They cried so bad and probably spammed support and BBB so much that g1 was forced to or disable or tone down because it was cleaning cheaters as no anticheat ever did.

Thats some next level conspiracy shit right there.

Om5Cf0z.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LoveForMatt said:

FF was pretty amazing, got the most renowed cheaters that been an unoperable tumorous cancer for years. That it had false postives was their last tactic to take down such powerful anticheat.

For a month playing apb was a dream, that didnt happen with battle eye...

but we got 2 months out of battleye

4 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

This and a knowing the game problem!

5 hours ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

And it would all end if people could take a loss.

giphy.gif

If only there was a support option for "This player killed me and I'm upset over it." Player still gets to go through the cathartic process of reporting someone but it ends up in the trash where it belongs and doesn't clog up the queue. 

This is why the /report command was so useful. Not for what it made Fair-Fight do but for endorphin release it gave those using the tool dis-proportionally.  

• Like 1

99% of apb forum is either complaining about smth because - why fcking not, we are best, loyal, not trash talking players - or crying about things that are still not developed. Its useless topic about nothing, learn to shoot and you wont have these problems, period.

Edit: Im on OP side, this was dedicated to other players.

Edited by wHisHi
  • Like 1

Can you stop talking about my grandmother please?

the problem lies in third person shooter with severe engine limitations such as how much information can be sent at a time. combine that with bugs and general performance issues like hitreg and you get people hackusating because they fundamentally don't understand how the game functions.

not to mention the majority of players can barely move a mouse, let alone think critically.

BE is the best "public" anticheat in the industry. I've wrote up a several paragraph post describing how it works, heuristics, and a few other things several times before, but, most people never read them and just quote it and go "if thats true why is x or y still playing the game" despite no proof at all outside their little pea brain struggling to come up with a reason why x or y must be cheating.

Sad truth, most of the players of this game are just fucking dumb, those that aren't are usually so inexperienced they aren't aware of the flaws that make things look suspect.

Edited by Virgil

6 hours ago, LoveForMatt said:

When you are acused of conspiracy then probably is right, because it was created to discredit people.

QrCN9d2.gif

It's a typical false flag attack by enslaved sheeple... a sherson? Sherpson? ...anyways!! He is being lied to, and he should do his own research and seek the truth.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this