mojical

R-2 Harbinger suggestions

While secondary weapons focused on close range fights (<30m) are plenty and usually perform well, more range-focused sidearms (except of course the RFP, which is in a league of its own) such as the RSA, ACT 44 and Harbinger are seldom seen in game. Since I'm a fan of the looks and basic concept of the latter, here's what I think would make it at least a consideration over the ACT GM or even the RFP:

- Increased damage. I don't mean that it should 3 shot, but since the fire rate required to maintain the Harbinger's great accuracy is extremely low, the weapon suffers a lot against players who are using Clotting Agent 3. Having zero overkill damage makes the weapon too easy to counter. Putting it up to par with the ACT would probably be too much, but a solid 275 damage would make it less frustrating to use in fights where both players have cover. 

- Equip time. While I understand that being a heavy revolver should translate into having a long equip time, 1 second is excessive, with 0.80 being a more sensible value for both it and the RSA. The ACT is also "heavy", and has a similar niche, but is equipped in only 0.60 seconds. The RFP and .45 would still have a clear edge in terms of equip time. 

- Redistribute its accuracy. While its marksmanship modifier is great, its base accuracy and equip time are really not, and those two conspire to make it really difficult to line up a shot quickly. Also the low base accuracy causes the weapon to be near useless in close range fights, where it should at least get a chance with its rapid fire gimmick. I would change the base accuracy to 25cm from 30cm, and the marksmanship modifier from 0.20 to 0.24. This would also give it reduced bloom, albeit only slightly, while keeping the same initial scoped accuracy. 

I was a bit sad to see that this weapon caused plenty of frustration for those who gut stuck on it during the Autumn Assault gun games. Hopefully it can one day live up to its potential. 

Edited by Lyfeld
Added formatting.
  • Like 5

Great looking gun almost no one uses. Shame really, definitely needs some love. 

+1 on that one.

amazing gun design overall.

terrible balance made on it. you're ideas seem quite reasonable and not too strong.

This weapon definetely needs some love , it just feels like random stats were thrown together on it at the moment .

What's the point of having a high firerate id your bloom/spread is so bad

What's the point of having such high recoil when you already can't hit anything .

What's the point of having a long equip time on a fast fireing secondary .

This weapon truely doesn't make sense in any shape or form .

17 hours ago, Ketog said:

This weapon definetely needs some love , it just feels like random stats were thrown together on it at the moment .

That happens when you (G1) try to make a new weapon that is not a reskin haha.