Kariiim

Please this should be done for low pc peaple with ogre or thunder or anygun having incredble shots

edited to apply for rules

sorry cant show the mail, but Matt said no to removing muzzle flash only it looks like.

Edited by CookiePuss

I've not had a computer that couldn't handle apb competently ever.  Even in 2012 my computer was just fine for APB.  That means people are running some seriously weak systems if stuff like this is STILL affecting you 6 years later.

Edited by mynd

All those smoke/particles FPS drops easily fixable with the new Video-card. It can be old GPU like GTX760/HD7850 with ~150Gb/s memory bandwidth. 

Had same problems with GTS450 (128bit bus) in 2013. Same with the graffiti. 

Ogre is my fave gun atm, went 12 1 in the first game I used it. And it looks like a huge banana, I mainly use it because it looks like a banana.

P e n i s is not swearing ffs

Banana = P E N I S

2 hours ago, PACwoMAN said:

All those smoke/particles FPS drops easily fixable with the new Video-card. It can be old GPU like GTX760/HD7850 with ~150Gb/s memory bandwidth. 

I've found no difference with a 1070, a 970, and a 670 when it comes to what you describe. The only thing that made a difference was an SSD, and a very minor one at that.

Many other players share the same result, this game has minimal GPU usage and the engine does not take advantage of hardly any modern technology fully or properly.

Edited by Virgil

3 hours ago, PACwoMAN said:

i have a 1080 ti (obv x16 pcielanes) (+ 8700k, so it does have enough pcie lanes) and still occassionally get drops from too many particles (lowering particle limit in advanced launcher helped)

not from guns though normally.

in the end, memory bandwidth shouldn't be an issue for me though - but particles are still, occasionally.

but yeah, try tweaking the particle limit in advanced launcher. it will sometimes cause objective circles to not appear - but you still have the marker.

Big difference for me was going from a radeon 9500 series to a 1070 gtx

Using an SSD

Using Advanced Launcher

End task on vivoxprogram in task manager

Also have read that end tasking windows device manager can help with micro freezes

I believe this all helps but Im prone to placebo effects

• Like 1

My lowest PC can play APB very stable at low settings. Can even run GTA V after tweaking a bit.

Quad Socket 775 processor, 1 GB graphic card and 4 GB of Ram.

Seriously you have no excuse to run this game slow. Just use APB Advanced Launcher OP...

(Also replacing processor especially if you got socket 775 or AMD comparsion processor is recommended if your clock speed is low on it (Anything 3.0 Ghz< does miracles), also it would be good if it's multi-core...)

If you got setup weaker than this... I consider upgrading if possible CPU, GPU or adding more RAM (If motherboard allows)

Otherwise it's time for full upgrade.

@EDDYWRECKER

That's maybe because your GPU started to carry CPU in terms of power.

Do full upgrade, you will notice even better difference.

Edited by Mitne

>double post ops<

Edited by Mitne

I also over clocked my cpu i5 2500k from 3.3 to 4.9, eventaully rolling it back to 4.7 and that improved game play noticably too. 

2 hours ago, Mitne said:

My lowest PC can play APB very stable at low settings. Can even run GTA V after tweaking a bit.

Quad Socket 775 processor, 1 GB graphic card and 4 GB of Ram.

I guess that PC would feel better than playing on the Xbox, but that's no where close to stable. I doubt you would get 60fps consistently, and that's excluding the garbage collection stutters.

6 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

I guess that PC would feel better than playing on the Xbox, but that's no where close to stable. I doubt you would get 60fps consistently, and that's excluding the garbage collection stutters.

As i said, it's my lowest PC, at best if I ever play APB on it casually.

I got two other PCs which handle APB without much problem on low.

23 hours ago, EDDYWRECKER said:

Using Advanced Launcher

giphy.gif

Everyone's dumping on OP to get a new PC when the Advanced Launcher removes particles - problem solved.

4 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Everyone's dumping on OP to get a new PC when the Advanced Launcher removes particles - problem solved.

It does not, it reduces them. You need to manually modify the configs, and even then some remain.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

It does not, it reduces them. You need to manually modify the configs, and even then some remain.

Oh my bad I thought setting "Particle Space Area" to none removed them since the parties got no space to area in.

17 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Oh my bad I thought setting "Particle Space Area" to none removed them since the parties got no space to area in.

Grenades and something else (can't remember) are still visible. Also the last time I used the launcher it couldn't be set to 0, but maybe that's been changed.

• Like 1

Not trying to be rude or anything, but maybe you shouldn't play a Game without the minimum requirements on your PC.

On 12/9/2018 at 11:04 PM, CerealXKiller said:

yesterday I entered vs a team all ogre max rank they won 18 miss strike lol the problem is not in that every shot they shot my fps get ruined I play in 20 fps I get used to this so it easy for me anyways so I entered vs  them I can't even move my aim lol it was really horrible for me like all i want is to just to give something doesn't ruin people fps also with thunder and AMG also  i wanted just to have something doesn't ruin my fps because this is really hard on me and other players like my situation  

any game that is made to be in favor of low end computers will die out from a player base declining from the game just not being good enough.

it is the responsibility of the player to upgrade their pc with a graphics card and other such things for better performance

11 hours ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

Not trying to be rude or anything, but maybe you shouldn't play a Game without the minimum requirements on your PC.

Not sure if troll or...

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM:

Processor:Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 (2.13GHz) or AMD Athlon x2 5800+ (3.0GHz)

Memory:3 GB RAM

Graphics:GeForce 7800 with 256MB and support for Pixel Shader 3.0, or AMD equivalent

DirectX®:dx90c

Hard Drive:7 GB HD space

Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection

Those are the minimum requirements for APB. I dare you to build a PC to those specs and win a match in Asylum (where Ogres, Grenade Spam, and AMGs are aplenty) without dropping below 20fps.