EllaC

[PS4] My issue with APB Reloaded

Let me start off by saying that I've been playing APB now for a year and 8 months, right down to the day of it's extremely turbulent release on PS4. I adore APB- the customization, the variety (apart from only having two mission districts, they got old fast) and the sense of community that you get with some groups.

But with that also comes the rage, the piss poor matchmaking, the gang running around with Patrollers and rocket launchers, and the extreme abuse hurled at you if you're on the losing side.

The problem isn't in the game itself, although the game has it's problems. The issue lies in those people who only try to make you miserable, crushing you under their boot like a little cockroach.

I'm interested to see the kind of responses I'll get, because it seems that if you're not an avid PC APB player with atleast a few years under your belt, your opinion doesn't matter. 

This isn't me coming here to cry because my bog standard OCWA is nothing against the pitch-perfect Patroller, I'm here because people, like me, are being pushed away from the game because of this little toxic section of players, who seem to think they own the place.

Don't believe me? Get yourself a PS4, go into Financial and ready up, and watch yourself be put with three Recruits, up against an entire squad with launchers and Patrollers. See how you feel.

So, to Little Orbit. You're doing fantastic work, and I can see that. As part of the Fallen Earth community for many years, you're a gleaming star in my eye, to see you taking interest. But please, for the love of God, balance your game. Everyone wants to have fun, not get ganged 1v3 and feel a sudden urge to just delete the game.

For now, I'll stick to running my clan in FE.

Edited by EllaC
  • Like 1

This is exactly the reason why we don't get new players.

They simply don't have fun because they're being crushed by better and/or more experienced players.

And this can't be fixed unless we get more players to get a proper matchmaking system to work.

Endless loop.

• Thanks 1

The consoles need a lot of work with how it was not done properly but due to getting updates approved they are working on pc first so all releases of apb will be the same whether on consoles or pc.

With the Engine Upgrade nearly done for pc , I believe that Little Orbit will be lining up consoles to what the pc has soon and hopefully can fix matchmaking for pc and consoles at the same time.

There was also talk about party groups being handled differently but I do not know whether it was players suggesting it or if it was an idea from Little Orbit.

• Like 1

well this is a thing that's not only in PS4 , PC and xbox player also face the same , and that's mostly because of bad matchmaking , sometimes a group on low ranked starters without mods gets matched against high rank people that are fully geared , the matchmaking only takes threat into account (and it doesn't even work right sometimes)

That is something that lo has been working and discussing on  (district phasing etc , wich is a good idea as we won't see more people waiting toget into 40-40 districts etc...) , the matchmaking is just super unfair , but with such a low population , it's also very hard to find the proper opposition.

• Like 1