Sign in to follow this  
TooStrong

March or April target for 2019? lol

I was just reading the blog about the engine upgrade, there were pictures of the PC engine upgrade release already, many of them along with some video. So i am a little confused about this: "As it has been mentioned before, I don't think this is going to be a massive upgrade visually. Some players may not even notice"

?????????????????

The PC engine upgrade photos clearly shows that they look a million times better than the crap version we have now.  So I'm starting to wondering did the new company start over and didn't want to use what Gamer's first was using, thus why they pushed it back to Spring of 2019. Reading the blog, it sounds like they have no idea what they are doing now or don't know which direction to go anymore.

Photos

https://www.mmobomb.com/news/apb-reloaded-shows-engine-upgrades-pretty-new-pics/

xbox one photos but looks like what the PC version is also

APB-Reloaded-XB1.jpg

I see nothing wrong with the new images and visuals, the bloom looks like the RTW and early versions of APB. Just confused on why its taking so long and now pushed back to spring of 2019, which i am not shocked because i could of sworn i said that in the game many times , at this rate it might be spring of 2019 lol. I would rather they just give us back what was removed from , what's that guy name "Monte"? who removed the old textures and shaders i think, and also give us back the Bloom quality settings, do that for now until you have the engine upgrade release. I haven't played apb in almost a year now, but the game looks like crap and washed out, and then there's no old threat system available, not sure how anyone is enjoying this game. I just don't see a future with this game anymore, same 2 maps from 2010, now its 2018 and things isn't getting any better as for new content , new maps, and new visuals are concern. If people don't know, it takes about 12-18 months just to create a new map district.

Where is this game headed too?

daily "I don't know what I'm talking about but that won't stop me" thread

... add it to the pile

• Like 2

Just now, CookiePuss said:

daily "I don't know what I'm talking about but that won't stop me" thread

... add it to the pile

Wait a second....

• Like 2

These pictures are from the project that G1 worked on, and even back then they said the upgrade won't change anything visually.

No one precisely knows if LO is going to revert these aesthetic changes, or if they continue with it.

Aren't these old pictures which used to make us delusional about an engine upgrade? oh wait. 

25 minutes ago, Regenance said:

Aren't these old pictures which used to make us delusional about an engine upgrade? oh wait. 

oh yea, they are

people still believe totally-realistic-not-altered-for-good-PR marketing screenshots from an unreleased game/version?

boy have i got an early access game that will knock your socks off, only $399.99 for  a founders pack

Edited by BXNNXD
typo
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GhosT said:

These pictures are from the project that G1 worked on, and even back then they said the upgrade won't change anything visually.

No one precisely knows if LO is going to revert these aesthetic changes, or if they continue with it.

Sounds like nothing good is ever going to change with this game. Just my opinion.

9 minutes ago, TooStrong said:

Sounds like nothing good is ever going to change with this game. Just my opinion.

Not you only.

It allways felt like the best way they had to retain players is with the engine update, that will fix all of apb problems. And its delayed forever.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TooStrong said:

The PC engine upgrade photos clearly shows that they look a million times better than the crap version we have now.

Do they really?

The only thing different between the screenies RP released and the current running game is the overall lighting and tone-mapping. Something that has already been change at least once before in APB:Rs lifetime without the game rendering being really "improved". And has been pointed out also, we don't know how legit those screenshots are (the videos that were released are more believable, but only asylum really looks like a drastic change).

Leave the graphics alone, I don't want them to change. You juicedrinkers ever put your graphics on max just to see how it looks? (lighting and bloom could be improved but that's all I'd want changed)

Just let me use those graphics in a competitive match by fixing the engine and everything will be peachy 👌

14 hours ago, TooStrong said:

I was just reading the blog about the engine upgrade, there were pictures of the PC engine upgrade release already, many of them along with some video. So i am a little confused about this: "As it has been mentioned before, I don't think this is going to be a massive upgrade visually. Some players may not even notice"

?????????????????

The PC engine upgrade photos clearly shows that they look a million times better than the crap version we have now.  So I'm starting to wondering did the new company start over and didn't want to use what Gamer's first was using, thus why they pushed it back to Spring of 2019. Reading the blog, it sounds like they have no idea what they are doing now or don't know which direction to go anymore.

Photos

https://www.mmobomb.com/news/apb-reloaded-shows-engine-upgrades-pretty-new-pics/

xbox one photos but looks like what the PC version is also

APB-Reloaded-XB1.jpg

I see nothing wrong with the new images and visuals, the bloom looks like the RTW and early versions of APB. Just confused on why its taking so long and now pushed back to spring of 2019, which i am not shocked because i could of sworn i said that in the game many times , at this rate it might be spring of 2019 lol. I would rather they just give us back what was removed from , what's that guy name "Monte"? who removed the old textures and shaders i think, and also give us back the Bloom quality settings, do that for now until you have the engine upgrade release. I haven't played apb in almost a year now, but the game looks like crap and washed out, and then there's no old threat system available, not sure how anyone is enjoying this game. I just don't see a future with this game anymore, same 2 maps from 2010, now its 2018 and things isn't getting any better as for new content , new maps, and new visuals are concern. If people don't know, it takes about 12-18 months just to create a new map district.

Where is this game headed too?

ok why are you jumbling what G1 did with what  Little Orbit is doing today? You do know they are two different companies don't you?

MattScott's post says they need to do proper testing after they are done working  on the engine upgrade to make sure there are not any critical bugs.

The Engine Upgrade itself is about finished but then they have to test every little system on it and that will take time.

13 hours ago, Regenance said:

13 hours ago, Lato said:

oh yea, they are

As people stated G1 did those pictures not Little Orbit.

G1 wanted to string us along with a Engine Upgrade so they could keep milking us,  but Little Orbit is nearly finished with keeping their word and finishing that Engine upgrade we need to clean up this mess.

Also if that looks better to you then I need to ask what are your comp specs because my graphics card makes it look close to the same as those pics as others stated on this thread as well.

What processor core do you have? What graphics card? And what do you have for memory?

I would recommend  anything above a Geforce GTX 1050 Ti for a graphics card to make the game look  closer to those pictures.

And finally  the game has been changing with new updates , new content , and a nearly completed Engine Upgrade so saying its not changing is clearly not accurate.

The Engine Upgrade will not be a fix me all solution as MattScott says, but it is a step in the right direction to fixing other problems with APB and adding even more new content later.

• Like 1

YEAH WHY THEY DIDN'T RELEASE EU AFTER NEXT DAY OF TAKEOVER?! THEY OBVIOUSLY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!

Or you simply don't know how hard it is for small team to meet various demands during months. Everything so fine from my eyesight so far with LO expect maybe support response time but I dunno... I prefer that one downside than various from G1 with nothing positive to add.

Especially taking that meanwhile LO rebuilt site, made some events on their own and fixed Developer-Client communication all meanwhile making EU slowly but surely and patching up game (and APB is such game that where you put patch, 3 other holes appear).

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Please stop creating these useless topics:DD 

I already reached that "so bad thats its funny" level in this forum

Sign in to follow this