Oh god.

Maybe they think they are like childrens who will get scared to lose their accounts if they keep cheating, and they will change their mind.

Thats what happens when you have no idea how it works...

• Like 1

I used to use similar strategy on my server to let the cheaters know that I can see them. Its fairly effective if u dont want to lose the players

I can imagine that it was some high level guy with armas weapons. I wouldnt ban him permamently too cuz he would either:

1.never return again

2. reroll and ruin the game for everyone else

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor
  • Like 6

wait...

so are they making it 3 days because they want people to take that as a chance to stop what their doing? regardless of why they received a 3 day ban?

yeah, this is gonna be weird

Hi there,

I'm not sure where you heard we were doing 3 day bans on hackers.

We have different ways of handling different problems. 

For toxicity, harassment, and some other issues, we have escalating bans (24 hours, 72 hours, until permanent). Our goal is to help players learn what is acceptable and what is not.

For hacking and cheating, there is no escalation. We simply permanently ban. It's unfortunate, as I hate losing players that way, but it takes too long to catch them.

Thanks,
Matt 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

51 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

For toxicity, harassment, and some other issues, we have escalating bans (24 hours, 72 hours, until permanent). Our goal is to help players learn what is acceptable and what is not.

For hacking and cheating, there is no escalation. We simply permanently ban. It's unfortunate, as I hate losing players that way, but it takes too long to catch them.

Thanks,
Matt 

hello matt, with me is the problem that my account is still blocked whatever was the reason idk, and it has already passed 3 weeks ago, and I still have no answer  from littleorbit support team? I would like to play the game so much, but without my account I will not play it anymore.

8 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

I used to use similar strategy on my server to let the cheaters know that I can see them. Its fairly effective if u dont want to lose the players

I can imagine that it was some high level guy with armas weapons. I wouldnt ban him permamently too cuz he would either:

1.never return again

2. reroll and ruin the game for everyone else

This is such a bs.

It might be working in other games but most certainly it DOES NOT work in APB.

As if people don't get banned like multiple times, reroll and buy everything from armas again.

So

1. he will return

2. he was already ruining the game for everyone

Just make it as painful as you can for his wallet.

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Thanks,
Matt 

You dont lose them, trust me. They will reroll or use their multiple accounts. Like me and forums 😜

Edited by Katchwi
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Katchwi said:

You dont lose them, trust me. They will reroll or use their multiple accounts. Like me and forums 😜

are you admitting to forum cheating?

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Katchwi said:

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

Clearly its time for Matt to pull out the IP Hammer on him.....

8 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

How it would be cheating on a forum? Using multiple accounts?

6 minutes ago, Nite said:

We learnt spoof hw and ip bans under tiggs regime, would barely work.

Edited by Katchwi

1 hour ago, Katchwi said:

dude they giving me a hwid ban so i lost all my accounts because a hacker was on my team, and i got banned  lol its so  sad. And now i have nothing. i asked matt to solve the problem and he say write to support and ask questions .......

Edited by mstitel

3 minutes ago, mstitel said:

dude they giving me a hwid ban so i lost all my accounts because a hacker was on my team, and i got banned cuz someone send a video to support lol im still sad. And now i have nothing. i asked matt to solve the problem and he say write to support and ask questions .......

We are talkign about forum bans not game bans.

Right now there are plenty of triggerbotters that been banned before l* took ride of apb, and they still going on it. Just ask matt your second chance.

Edited by Katchwi

4 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Thanks,
Matt 

Umm cause I know people who are hacking and only received a 3 day ban?

13 hours ago, Nite said:

he dont IP any more

13 hours ago, Nite said:

he dont IP any more

13 hours ago, Nite said:

he told me that 

13 hours ago, Katchwi said:

We learnt spoof hw and ip bans under tiggs regime, would barely work.

Don't call idiocracy, regime.

13 hours ago, mstitel said:

dude they giving me a hwid ban so i lost all my accounts because a hacker was on my team, and i got banned  lol its so  sad. And now i have nothing. i asked matt to solve the problem and he say write to support and ask questions .......

Yeah... Here we go. Ban paranoia. Real victims gonna be mixed now with legit cheaters who are always "non guilty".

If you been banned before LO takeover, address it. If you weren't unbanned that's maybe because your ban was legit and there's proofs behind it?

12 hours ago, Stongs / shidiOt said:

Umm cause I know people who are hacking and only received a 3 day ban?

They ban maybe wasn't hacking related?

@Sayori U cant say its bs if it worked. U dont even know what strategy I used to use instead of IP or perma bans or bans of general yet u call it bs. It might be fun also. SO back off

a lil bit.

But indeed it was the different game. I dont say the same approach needs to be applied here. There are whole different circumstances.

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor

18 minutes ago, Vincci said:

HWID problem solved.

HWID spoofer.

Now sold with most decent cheating tools. 

Problem... Unsolved. 

Hi all,

I'm going to amend my earlier statement about 3 day bans.

Under certain circumstances, we do allow BE to do automated temp bans for cheaters.  This immediately alerts my staff, and then they check the documentation on the ban to make sure it was valid, and then they make it a permanent ban. I referenced this months ago as a precaution we put in place to prevent what happened with PunkBuster and FairFight automatically permabanning players.

So it is 100% possible that you could have heard about a 3 day ban for cheating, but more than likely that is escalated to permanent before the ban ends.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Under certain circumstances, we do allow BE to do automated temp bans for cheaters.  This immediately alerts my staff, and then they check the documentation on the ban to make sure it was valid, and then they make it a permanent ban. I referenced this months ago as a precaution we put in place to prevent what happened with PunkBuster and FairFight automatically permabanning players.

So it is 100% possible that you could have heard about a 3 day ban for cheating, but more than likely that is escalated to permanent before the ban ends.

Thanks,
Matt

sounds like a good idea to me.

6 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,
Matt

its nice idea to check if everythinks works as intendent but firstival update BE to newest versions because this version not search for applications below ring1 or 2 as i remember
I checked that and its true u got outdated BE - update it as fast as posible or implement the newest version in 3.5

• Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 12:42 PM, CookiePuss said:

HWID spoofer.

Problem... Unsolved. 

well, yeah right, but still is a stick on the wheel.

On 12/10/2018 at 7:42 AM, CookiePuss said:

HWID spoofer.

Problem... Unsolved. 

who cares if the problem isn't solved. At least it would make it harder for that much more cheaters to come back.

My problem with the current way cheaters are banned is that it is way too easy for them to return. There will always be cheaters but why make it easy for them to return. At least HW ID and IP bans would make it that much more difficult for cheaters come back and ruin players experiences.