3 hours ago, Flaws said:

Yes, but that doesn't excuse the amount of damage it deals in 1 simple point and click at that insane range where you are unreachable. There are more balanced weapons out there that can cover you from long range like I already mentioned. It doesn't take much skill or anything at all in fact, to point and click to basically secure a free kill for any of your team mates. Besides, you'd probably be silver and living in the bronze district if you play with a shotgun and a CQC secondary, especially one like the NFA. (and yes, I am taking on your example since I guess that's something that you or someone you know would do.)

Because those types of weapon mechanics are frustrating if anything and don't belong in a game that wants to be competitive (at some point in the future). You don't see the AWP in CS:GO dealing less damage in CQC or even the railgun in Quake? Things must be consistent.

Have you tried opgl or osmaw? Lag, 1k dmg aoe, pretty spammy, bounce to get people behind absolute cover, etcs. No-one-ever-complained, but nhvr op.

4 hours ago, Flaws said:

That just sounds like a way to kill the weapon in favor of any of the other free to play long range options since they wouldn't be restricted like that. There are too many advantages to any of the others over what you are suggesting for the HVR. For example an OBIR which can still quickswitch just fine with only a 3PS3 on it. But yeah, if you want to make it lot less popular then sure. The only real upside it would have is the higher damage at extreme ranges which would almost never be enough to keep the gun in the meta imo.

Good point. It doesn't have to start at 50m. That's a pretty extreme example, dmg starting at 40m or 30m might be better.