Sign in to follow this  
Kominis

Racing Districts

I wonder if LO has something in mind about racing in APB, could this be a possible game mode for APB ?

Personally i think it could work and would be nice.

Just now, Kominis said:

I wonder if LO has something in mind about racing in APB, could this be a possible game mode for APB ?

Personally i think it could work and would be nice.

Should be out at the end of 2011 or early 2012. Social has banners in them right now that say "Racing district coming soon" 

It is really hard to imagine racing in APB. If you give everyone the same car to make it more fair it would be like that only the person wins who spawns near the startline except he do a big mistake. But to be honest I really would like to see something like racing district one day! Whats about parkour? That might be funny too. I just imagine running and jumping overroofs and trying to reach the finish line first.

2 hours ago, Lily Rain said:

I'd love to see a racing-district. Why not~

why the fake eyebrows

2 hours ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

I know a certain someone who would prefer Snow Paro first

I summon you forth, certain someone

giphy.gif

it is I

give us snowparo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Races are so boring, all the fastest cars are limited to like, what? 55mph? *yawn*

3 hours ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

I know a certain someone who would prefer Snow Paro first

I too, want a Snow Paro, ok. @Sadira you can't hog this mem

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Archon said:

Races are so boring, all the fastest cars are limited to like, what? 55mph? *yawn*

I too, want a Snow Paro, ok. @Sadira you can't hog this mem

a racing district can have car speeds adjusted though.

28 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

a racing district can have car speeds adjusted though.

vehicles have a limited speed for technical reasons, not just for balance reasons

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

vehicles have a limited speed for technical reasons, not just for balance reasons

not before the engine upgrade to 4.whatchamacalit

current engine couldnt handle any of this to begin with could it?

damn let me dream a good dream geez lol

Racing in APB is boring imo. There are much betters games for that kind of thing.

There are so many things about this game that make me not want to have a racing district.

Car balance is off the charts. Just get in your rocket powered 4x4s and lift off like a dragster. Less top speed is a small issue when you have this much acceleration.

Input lag is atrocious in this game when driving. Definitely not made for racing. I pray unreal 3.5 fixes this.

And then there's the community. Even if the 2 issues above are completely addressed, you can't fix bumper car drivers.

No thanks.

Edited by Haganu

Yeah but a lot of games have car collision in races and plenty of people enjoy it....not every game mode, can be for everyone. That's pretty much impossible.

As for the bad handling, well people would get used to it and play the mode anyway. with any game with bad physics and balance, people enjoy it and keep at it...as sad as that may be some times. I do think the vehicles could do with a change in handling for sure though, won't disagree on that.

21 hours ago, Lily Rain said:

I'd love to see a racing-district. Why not~

Racing is for kids, daddy demands a drinking district ... oh and ... "eye candy"

22 minutes ago, Ramihyn said:

Racing is for kids, daddy demands a drinking district ... oh and ... "eye candy"

unknown.png

Sorry, babe. APB easily permits minors to play the game. Don't taint them into drinking-habits

anybody wanna make a thread about bikes too? it's been a long time since I've seen one of those

13 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

not before the engine upgrade to 4.whatchamacalit

current engine couldnt handle any of this to begin with could it?

damn let me dream a good dream geez lol

The engine can handle it fine, RTW didn't design the levels right, and Reloaded butchered the suspension on some vehicles which causes them to bug out at higher speeds.

Sign in to follow this