Kitsae

Reasons players leave

Ive started and fell in love with FE back in early beta; but sadly haven't been the most loyal player. While a hand full of players have stuck to the game through the years, I would come and go. Fact I kept missing FE and coming back for another look says something about the game at least. Of all the MMOs I ve played over the years; FE always held a special place in my heart. I cant say that for any other game. The others.. when I grew bored of.. I never went back latter, not one of them. After hearing FE is "under new management," I got to thinking about the reasons I would take vacations from the game.

1. Quests became pointless after you've seen the story line during first play thru once . Yeah there was a day you did specific ones on alts because of AP, that reason doesn't even stand anymore since there is other ways to top off AP (which I agree is good thing.) The rewards are just useless at levels you get them.

2. Factions were made useless. They just serve no point anymore. And no... saying there is too many factions and removing any is not the answer. Well.. maybe enforcers and chota.. those guys are just weirdos ;p Factions was one of FEs selling points. Players need to accept everyone doesn't get to be the same; choices should matter and benefits should be gained from those choices. Give factions meaning again. And please do not return to flipping the faction wheel. If person wants to flip factions it should be take some work to get another faction to trust you. Maybe a long drawn out quest.

3. There is, and never was, a endgame. Nothing.. zilch... you hit lvl cap and twiddle your thumbs. Not even a reason to farm bosses because you get nothing in return. And just saying there is PvP doesn't cut it. Not everyone PvPs and majority that did grew bored with it after the same thing over and over (if they didn't then why are they all gone.). Before anyone says dome.. it was a momentary stop gap. How long did it take for players to burn thru that? Im not saying just raise level cap. Your grind out 5 more levels then what... nothing to do again. Give us something to do.. be creative.. FE was always different from mainstream MMOs. Tossing in a couple dungeons is just over done.

4. Cash shop. Ok I don't mind the idea of the cash shop since its not P2W. But the prices... considering theres a sub (optional I know).. and a cash shop... that's just outrageous double dipping. I like to buy cosmetics just as much as the next guy. Have no issue at all carrying a sub and buying some cool items from time to time. Just don't gouge us when we do. And for the love of all the gods... enuff with the industries "surprise packs" in the cash shops. We spend money....  then we wont to know what we are buying. When one guy can buy 3 boxes and get 3 items that sell for a bundle on the AH.. then another guy buys 5 boxes and gets 5 crap items that vendor don't even want to buy... that's just insulting the person who spent money to support the game.

5. Player housing. Ok I give up on this because no matter how much potential it has... never going to happen. Since Im not whining for it, I have a different request. Either give us choices in endgame weapons, or of allow us wardrobe slots for them. Id love to play a melee char but refuse because I either have to carry two glow in the dark sex toys or a ridiculously big axle on my back that no one could possibly lift and swing. 

• Like 2

i've got suggestions for endgame weapons ready, more ap ones that is, just waiting to see if they will implement suggestions or ask for them

ONE MAIN CAUSE players LEAVE was because game never had anticheat.

Batleeye anticheat, can quit suspicius about legit or not legit players, nobody can say " this is" or this is not legit player" if  a proper anticheat in game is running.

We can evade suspicius and drama with this!!!

I think the reason people leave the game varies from not their kind of game to boredom. Some find the community too toxic, some find the rewards unfulfilling and no real end game content doesn't help. There are many, many more reasons why people leave, just like any other game.

I agree on many of your points Kitsae. Thanks for posting this.

1. Many people still like the questing but find the rewards, well unrewarding. Gives you no incentive to complete many.
  2. Outside of PVP factions seem only good for RP. Would be nice if not only the Lore of factions meant something for pve.
  3. We have bosses to fight at 55 and 2 conflict towns. you can only do them so many times before you just stop. More end game content for pve would be great.
  4. YES!!! Drop the prices in marketplace.
  5. I'd like more weapon variety too. Know a lot of people do. It is saddening to have such a lot of weapon recipes but only a select few that are viable. They need more balancing for lower levels and more AP weapon choices.

Edited by Dracio

6 hours ago, Kitsae said:

1. Quests became pointless after you've seen the story line during first play thru once . Yeah there was a day you did specific ones on alts because of AP, that reason doesn't even stand anymore since there is other ways to top off AP (which I agree is good thing.) The rewards are just useless at levels you get them.

Can't say I agree on this one. I guess it's just a matter of perspective. Perhaps missions that reward AP are not meant to make you think it's a good reward. AP missions are usually associated with missions that provide light on a town's (hi)story, thus tthe AP reward is just a bit of a bonus.

As for grinding APs, it's a different story. There are faster ways to grind APs that cater to lazy bums 😮 but you wouldn't know unless someone told you about it.

However I can agree there isn't much re-playability missions-wise, and I think missions in the later sectors, especially Kaibab Forest, needs a rework. But that is a different story.

• Like 1

So.. things that make people quit. Well for one, I have been here the day it went live on Steam, and its the little things that pissed me off over the years. 

being a legacy account, I remember paying for a years subs (about 120-130 AU), but now its "subs" at about 40 bucks AU a month.. how about bringing back those years subs for a reasonable cost? where did the rewards go? Even if its a stack of INsta-crafts, it means a lot of people will drop insta's for crafting and community at Cit or SH. Also, i have to agree, market prices are bonkers. You want people to fill up Ah with fair pricing, but over charge for harvester premium fuel, genetic enhancers, fodder, etc. To run a farm for 72 hours takes 16 extensions. the "ranch" 12 plot alone is 299 creds.. it adds up, and drives the prices even higher. If you put up a premium year long subscription for around the 100 dollar mark, then you are going to get a lot of people investing in one. 

- more serendipity drops. more rare items from bosses. Grinding in S4 and OP should be rewarding. an item of clothing, a rare dye, etc. i can kill hundreds in a few hours, and in some places and events, you have to kill 60 attackers, and. each attacker soaks up 20 rounds, and drops.. nothing. (cog attack on the tech base for example). Why aren't their vehicle boxes dropping along with the rest? where are the old items many of us missed? 

The example of only certain weapons usable at the lvl 55 .. if your going to top out at 55 (and we all know the idea was to keep the levels going to 75-100 back when it started) offer some more weapons, your pretty much locked to a single weapon once you hit 55. 

Heavy weapons in pvp and most pve are pretty much not that effective. they were once, and should still be effective enough to still be an option. Not many people have heavy weapon toons, most have dropped them. I would like to see a flame thrower perhaps? 

• Like 1

Rewards from quests eventually give you items 10 levels below your quest. Reworking quest rewards in my mind would help people stick around early on and later. End-game has been a hot topic for awhile. We dont need items/systems that will make our current gear useless. We already have huge amounts of burst damage and our resists are super high. As much as i dont want to grind for ap again(iinjectors anyone?) working with the current ap weapon system is probably the best bet. Add newer weapons like an ap ar.

• Like 1

Terrible single player game. Always getting mobbed, always getting outgunned, always dying. Too much grind. Impossible to do some missions. Needs to be 100% single player.

just saying.

25 minutes ago, MmoFilter said:

Terrible single player game. Always getting mobbed, always getting outgunned, always dying. Too much grind. Impossible to do some missions. Needs to be 100% single player.

just saying.

Fallen Earth isnt a single player game. BUT, it can be. You need to adjust your perspective. I run solo 95% of the time. For me it is single player. Some mobs just have better AI than others and require different tactics. 

On 5/31/2018 at 11:18 AM, Aroa Croft said:

ONE MAIN CAUSE players LEAVE was because game never had anticheat.

Batleeye anticheat, can quit suspicius about legit or not legit players, nobody can say " this is" or this is not legit player" if  a proper anticheat in game is running.

We can evade suspicius and drama with this!!!

nobody is cheating, get over it

Ever since Little Orbit bought out  G1 I started playing Fallen Earth

I have learned this thanks to MattScott :
The old dev tools are broken and missing portions as well as are outdated
HOWEVER
Little Orbit is redeveloping the tools and making new ones to fix ,  upgrade , and add new things to Fallen Earth

Give them time please - G1 made both games a mess with how they handled things so Little Orbit can not fix both of them overnight they need time

If I were to leave now a couple these would be the reasons:

1- Ridiculous melee range. Feels like everyone has extensible arms.
2- Laggy pathfinding that causes mobs to go irrelevant locations instead of chasing you - and then teleport near you.
3- Lack of mission variety. While missions are big in numbers, they vary little. It is as if the same set of missions is recycled with different targets for each town.
4- Free to play limitations. This is 2018. That monetization scheme is archaic.
5- Inefficient engine. Such as lack of a limit on the visibility range of the terrain. Many games implement some sort of a fog to cut off visibility after some distance to preserve processing power.
6- Lack of rapid firing rifles/smgs.

Edited by forrower

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:13 AM, ShadowJack said:
On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:43 AM, MmoFilter said:

just saying.

Fallen Earth isnt a single player game. BUT, it can be. You need to adjust your perspective. I run solo 95% of the time. For me it is single player. Some mobs just have better AI than others and require different tactics. 
Nar, I don't support games like these. Logout timers, time wasting events and distasteful scenario's... it's all just malware to me and I don't have the time to care. 

There are many reasons I quit before, but one of the biggest is the heavily fantasy-MMO-ized gameplay. It seems that as soon as people say "MMO" they start assuming hotbars with spells and meaningless fetch quests are de-facto. MMO is just a connective technology and persistent world is also just a technology. They just put people in the same world together. Assuming if you have any MMO going it has to work like WoW or EQ (used to) is a total fallacy. Worse, it draws comparison between your product and much, much bigger and more developed (and populous) ones. That's not a good situation for your fledgling little MMO. You want to be different, breaking new ground and giving new excitement to players.

The kind of post-apocalyptic game I want to play is a sci-fi FPS with gear, crafting and the goal of resurrecting civilization, preferably by taking back the entire map and defending it until the final battle is won. I don't EVER want to do a fetch quest. EVER.

FE has the basic tools to free us of the mindless grindery with tracking, story based missions, and most importantly, town assaults. I hope LO builds on those engaging mechanisms and throws out all fetch quests forever.