virginiavirgin

Should the yukon be reverted under one condition?

On 12/10/2018 at 1:04 PM, CookiePuss said:

lol... what?

JsTrlG6.gif

damn that gif

38 minutes ago, mynd said:

This might have been because no one asked for, nor wanted these changes overall.

People are asking for Yukon changes; I am asking for Legendaries to be viable in general.  I think there is a distinct difference here, it's just a matter of whether they think it's worth their dev time right now as I am probably in a minority.  Those wanting Yukon buffs are probably a very small minority.

There's been a few threads on it and plenty of complaints in various threads about IR not having a meaningful downside, and shotguns always have someone complaining.

4 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

There's been a few threads on it and plenty of complaints in various threads about IR not having a meaningful downside, and shotguns always have someone complaining.

You're right, I guess the issue was how sweeping and rushed those changes were and the overall downsides to those changes.  Adjusting Legendaries should be a bit easier and less controversial I would think.  Plus it's a good platform for them to test their understanding of game balance before jumping back on the mainstream weapons.

Wake me up when op comes back, I want to make sure he knows I'm laughing at him/her/it.

• Like 1

Such a dumb idea. Lets reward idiots who cant aim, with a gun that kills faster than anything else and requires zero effort to use. It was bugged when it was released, and the only reason it wasn't fixed is due to Gamers First and their toxic money grubbing history of behavior. They knew it was broken, and they also knew that every trash player and silver with a credit card would buy the absolute crap out of the Joker Boxes just to get it. The gun works fine now, it does however require you actually have the basic ability to place your cross-hair over the enemy when you press mouse one. I swear the amount of bad players begging for free kill weapons is insane. Let me guess, would you also like the True Ogre to be able to two shot since its technically a double barrel weapon? While we're at it, why not just add kill-streak rewards to the game like COD, call in the attack chopper for some more free kills.

Edited by jkoh

40 minutes ago, LoveForMatt said:

I am not sure what is happening to yukon, i am unloading 20 bullets on the enemy in very cqc circumstances and they never die. Something is really wrong with this weapon.

Try to miss less. 

16 minutes ago, LoveForMatt said:

Ftfy,

Hmmm... if that is indeed the case then yes, something is wrong. Have you checked your interweb for packet loss?

13 minutes ago, LoveForMatt said:

Well not exactly 1m but around it...

In fc i get some 140-150ms and not packet loss. Solid fps because i lowered the graphics.

Maybe its just lag?

Hitreg has always been an issue for APB, but even still the Yukon is 11stk with a 20round mag... so to lose at least 10 rounds to bad hitreg is not good.

1 hour ago, LoveForMatt said:

I am not sure what is happening to yukon, i am unloading 20 bullets on the enemy in very cqc circumstances and they never die. Something is really wrong with this weapon.

The yukon has a recoil curve that increases the longer you shoot. the last 5 or so shots cause the weapon to recoil horizontally quite a bit. It's better to hip fire in 5 to 10 round bursts.

Server performance is absolute trash atm. With 140ms ping things are not going to work right.

18 hours ago, jkoh said:

Such a dumb idea. Lets reward idiots who cant aim, with a gun that kills faster than anything else and requires zero effort to use.

This kind of comment surprises me coming from a good player.  Yukon is less effective against better players that know they're up against it.  It's kind of a one-trick.  I mean I generally never had much trouble myself playing against it, but I also never jumped on the hate-train which might make the difference.

I'm not a collective thinker.  Not saying you are either, just that I'm surprised you take that stance.

You might as well get the Nunavut on the Armas store and not have to deal with the gambling. The way Yukon is now it's just not worth it... It should be buffed in some way. 

1 minute ago, Basih said:

You might as well get the Nunavut on the Armas store and not have to deal with the gambling. The way Yukon is now it's just not worth it... It should be buffed in some way. 

I dunno, it feels like the same relationship as the Ursus and standard ntec... neither is better they are just "different".

12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I dunno, it feels like the same relationship as the Ursus and standard ntec... neither is better they are just "different".

the nunavut is def worse, extended mag is just awful at all times imo

12 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

the nunavut is def worse, extended mag is just awful at all times imo

but it doesn't have the terrible burst fire aim mode like the Yukon. 

1 minute ago, Basih said:

but it doesn't have the terrible burst fire aim mode like the Yukon. 

if thats your only issue id recommend the northwest variant

Just now, BXNNXD said:

if thats your only issue id recommend the northwest variant

Already got both Nunavut and Yukon, can't be asked to get another variant for only a slight difference 😄 

1 hour ago, Basih said:

Already got both Nunavut and Yukon, can't be asked to get another variant for only a slight difference 😄 

northwest has faster reload time and 4 less bullets per mag. Not much of a difference if you use it as a side arm and not a primary.

The fact is that Yukon are ugly as and UL-3 secondary line right now because of its equip time. Some kind of RFP/Jersey mix. 

IMO they should reduce equipment timer or buff its RoF to 50/50 condition (before/after fix).

Big topic.. I like some idea's .. anyway, I think it was kinda OP how it was and with the state it's in now, yes it certainly isn't that OP, however there still are wayyy worse legendary secondaries. So, I don't really see why this one has to be buffed back while looking over at those others, some of which are just a waste of inventory space to be quite honest (yukon still isn't, even though it isn't as OP anymore).

Yeahhhh

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Been trying to utilize the Yukon lately. The hitreg is completely screwed up on it. I'll get 15+ hits at point blank but it won't kill.

All the community will tell you no, unless it's they're favourite gun getting nerfed. Hypocrites.

As for the Yukon, they could lower the TTK a bit. Other than a "glitch", the only people that hated the Yukon were the complaining noobs that would stand behind corners looking for easy kills. That was why this gun was so good. against corner campers, it gave corner campers depression. But even then, anybody who actually used the Yukon knows that it wasn't a sure kill, and it had it's weaknesses.

It's also funny that people are okay with the Yukon getting "nerfed", but it's a problem when it's the True Ogre (True Button Holder), a gun which takes zero skill to use (just hold the button down, and yes, I actually owned the Ogre. Easy kills.). Nice double standards.

For the people saying "But it has a wind-up!!", anybody with atleast 30 IQ knows to prewind during combat. The rewind means nothing.

Edited by YakuzaStyle

12 minutes ago, YakuzaStyle said:

t's also funny that people are okay with the Yukon getting "nerfed"

The Yukon wasn't "nerfed" it was "fixed".

Because it wasn't "OP", it was literally "broken".

13 minutes ago, YakuzaStyle said:

The rewind means nothing.

(Im gonna assume you meant wind-up)

Other than it making the True Ogre an NFAS with a .99 ttk , sure I guess that's correct.