virginiavirgin

Should the yukon be reverted under one condition?

10 minutes ago, Slithice said:

Or you could use them on me :$

It doesn't matter, one bought it with one functionality and it was changed.

Just like the Nano, just like the Troublemaker.

Time to move on homie.

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Just like the Nano, just like the Troublemaker.

Time to move on homie.

Yep until the next scam.

Just now, Slithice said:

Yep until the next scam.

Might be time to just learn to play, instead of relying on broken weapons.

• Like 1

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Might be time to just learn to play, instead of relying on broken weapons.

Yep yep learn to play and waste more millions or years of playing.

Sounds great i cant wait to learn to play and waste more years of playing 😄

30 minutes ago, Slithice said:

Yep yep learn to play and waste more millions or years of playing.

Sounds great i cant wait to learn to play and waste more years of playing 😄

lol... what?

JsTrlG6.gif

1 hour ago, Slithice said:

It doesn't matter, one bought it with one functionality and it was changed.

and that doesn't even matter. there is nothing that forces them to keep that functionality.

and it does matter that it was broken and they acknowledged it. for everyone who bought it after you can assume that they are aware of the fact that it does not work as intended and that they'd fix it eventually. for the people before - well probably not.

but -

although you are acting as if you do, you have no entitlement to having the game/its contents unaltered - imagine what that would lead to. people suing companies because they release dlcs that raise the levelcap and thus making the progress so far less important, essentially nerfing your character in its current state.

and if it was as bad as you think it is, what if they just buffed all other weapons to be as broken because you want your yukon unaltered? would that be okay :^)

Edited by neophobia

1 hour ago, neophobia said:

and that doesn't even matter. there is nothing that forces them to keep that functionality.

and it does matter that it was broken and they acknowledged it. for everyone who bought it after you can assume that they are aware of the fact that it does not work as intended and that they'd fix it eventually. for the people before - well probably not.

but -

although you are acting as if you do, you have no entitlement to having the game/its contents unaltered - imagine what that would lead to. people suing companies because they release dlcs that raise the levelcap and thus making the progress so far less important, essentially nerfing your character in its current state.

and if it was as bad as you think it is, what if they just buffed all other weapons to be as broken because you want your yukon unaltered? would that be okay :^)

And people who didnt know?

1 hour ago, Slithice said:

2 hours ago, neophobia said:

but -

you could either include them in the group of people from before the statement was released, or assume they had been informed enough, as it was an official statement.

otherwise you could also assume that people knew about it being broken (it was objectively killing unreasonably fast - thus it had to be broken) after they were killed or after they killed someone with it once. for the latter - if they continued using it - could be assumed that they were willingly abusing/exploiting (with) the weapon - just as for people after the statement. you could also argue that the intention of acquiring it is enough to say they were willing to abuse/exploit the game.

we wouldn't know for sure, but visiting the social marketplace and looking at secondary weapons, accessing the armas marketplace page of yukon jmbs (and probably even putting them into cart!) or posting a wtt/wtb message looking for a yukon is enough to highlight the intention of acquiring it (to further exploit)

i believe all of these people should be punished.

but as i also explained, this does not even matter.

(if it wasn't obvious enough, i'm joking. to me the people asking for reimbursement or whatever for buying the broken yukon for whatever reason and having it fixed now are being atleast as ridiculous though.)

2 hours ago, Slithice said:

If they didn't know it was bugged then that's their own damn fault.  The information was out there.  And who didn't know the Yukon was bugged from the start?  It was pretty obvious with the way it functioned, using the burst fire rate as the main fire rate while the non-legendary variants had a waaaaaaay slower fire rate, and the only advertised change in the legendary version was the ability to burst fire in marksman.  Common sense should take over at that point.  I'll admit I was one of the ones who were abusing it when it was new.  It was broken, now it works as intended, get over it.  It is still a good gun if you can actually aim.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

5 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

If they didn't know it was bugged then that's their own damn fault.  The information was out there.  And who didn't know the Yukon was bugged from the start?  It was pretty obvious with the way it functioned, using the burst fire rate as the main fire rate while the non-legendary variants had a waaaaaaay slower fire rate, and the only advertised change in the legendary version was the ability to burst fire in marksman.  Common sense should take over at that point.  It was broken, now it works as intended, get over it.  It is still a good gun if you can actually aim.

Ogre never mentioned the increase fire rate over the standard NFAS 12 either.

Though in the Yukon's case LO changed the fire rate of the gun, while in the case of the True Ogre, they simply changed the description.

27 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Ogre never mentioned the increase fire rate over the standard NFAS 12 either.

Though in the Yukon's case LO changed the fire rate of the gun, while in the case of the True Ogre, they simply changed the description.

Huh, didn't actually know the Ogre had a faster fire rate.  I always used CJ3 with it so I just assumed it just had a bigger mag and a windup.

2 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Huh, didn't actually know the Ogre had a faster fire rate.  I always used CJ3 with it so I just assumed it just had a bigger mag and a windup.

Fun fact, neither the faster fire rate NOR the windup was mentioned in the original description.

"Dual Drum magazines and a cosmetic extra barrel give the NFAS-12 'True Ogre' an imposing look while also effectively doubling the ammo capacity and magazine size of this already intimidating weapon"

So if you follow the "Yukon was broken cuz description didnt mention RoF increase", then you would have had to remove both the increased RoF AND the windup from the Ogre.

19 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Fun fact, neither the faster fire rate NOR the windup was mentioned in the original description.

"Dual Drum magazines and a cosmetic extra barrel give the NFAS-12 'True Ogre' an imposing look while also effectively doubling the ammo capacity and magazine size of this already intimidating weapon"

So if you follow the "Yukon was broken cuz description didnt mention RoF increase", then you would have had to remove both the increased RoF AND the windup from the Ogre.

Welp, different fixes for different guns.  Logic when balancing should not all just be black and white, the Ogre just needed the description changed, Yukon needed its RoF fixed.  There was a different severity to each each gun's imbalance.  In the Yukon's case, the gun needed to be corrected because of how it played out in game.  If I recall correctly though, back before G1's last big rebalance with the test districts, didn't the Ogre have a slower fire rate?  I remember the increased fire rate was something I wasn't a huge fan of at the time because it didn't give the sound of each shot any time at all to ring out which made it sound less scary and it made me feel scummy using it because it would just melt anyone in its path.  Remembering things as I go here, so I may only be remembering convenient things.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

On 8/4/2018 at 4:37 PM, LO_Beastie said:

Mountie SF9 'Yukon'
Finally, when adding the new rifling effect for testing, I came across the Yukon bug (fire rate increase of the mod affecting hip fire), so I've fixed that while I was in there. I mentioned previously that this patch is primarily for improving weapons, but considering it's an error that was easily fixable, it made sense to fix that at the same time. This does mean it has an effective full-auto fire rate nerf from 0.045 (which is what it bursts at) to 0.078 (the actual fire rate of the base weapon).

Key part: "I came across the Yukon bug~"

Now one of the definitions of bug: "an error in a computer program or system"

And that final extra mile, the definition of error: "a mistake"

dunno about you, buuuuuut...

>Easily fixable

>Stayed around for years

dunno about you, buuuuuuut...

That feels more like a conscious decision than a bug or mistake. 

Middle ground buff suggestion. Remove the "-10% base accuracy" debuff from the select fire mod. It's ttk is still higher when aiming and longer draw time, so the other Mountie variants will still be better for close combat.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, neophobia said:

you could either include them in the group of people from before the statement was released, or assume they had been informed enough, as it was an official statement.

otherwise you could also assume that people knew about it being broken (it was objectively killing unreasonably fast - thus it had to be broken) after they were killed or after they killed someone with it once. for the latter - if they continued using it - could be assumed that they were willingly abusing/exploiting (with) the weapon - just as for people after the statement. you could also argue that the intention of acquiring it is enough to say they were willing to abuse/exploit the game.

we wouldn't know for sure, but visiting the social marketplace and looking at secondary weapons, accessing the armas marketplace page of yukon jmbs (and probably even putting them into cart!) or posting a wtt/wtb message looking for a yukon is enough to highlight the intention of acquiring it (to further exploit)

i believe all of these people should be punished.

but as i also explained, this does not even matter.

(if it wasn't obvious enough, i'm joking. to me the people asking for reimbursement or whatever for buying the broken yukon for whatever reason and having it fixed now are being atleast as ridiculous though.)

So for you people or knew or knew.

Well, i didn't. You can even see one of my comments that i did not know until someone (zombiebiscuit i think) said its high ttk was a bug... i long ago purchased it.

From my point of view ive got scammed.

4 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

If they didn't know it was bugged then that's their own damn fault.  The information was out there.  And who didn't know the Yukon was bugged from the start?  It was pretty obvious with the way it functioned, using the burst fire rate as the main fire rate while the non-legendary variants had a waaaaaaay slower fire rate, and the only advertised change in the legendary version was the ability to burst fire in marksman.  Common sense should take over at that point.  I'll admit I was one of the ones who were abusing it when it was new.  It was broken, now it works as intended, get over it.  It is still a good gun if you can actually aim.

Thats absolutly absurd.

Though this has been beaten to death already, my two cents is that the gun never needed a nerf; it has an effective range of < 8 meters and the burst mode is just terrible in marksman.  In practice, the gun barely kills in one clip unless your target is herpty derping in a straight line at you.  Was just the NFAS of secondaries.  As it were, even in it's "alleged" OP state, they were very rare to encounter save a couple of dedicated players.

Anyway, nerf happened, whatever, made many angry, made others happy.  The ultimate problem I have is that the weapon just sucks.  Auto is just too slow, marksman burst is too slow and clunky.  Speed that up a little, maybe 5-10% slower than RFP in marksman, 10% slower than it was pre-nerf full auto, and maybe give it a couple more meters of accurate hip-fire range.  Something to that effect.

All Legendaries should be allowed to be viable with the meta.

17 hours ago, Slithice said:

So for you people or knew or knew.

Well, i didn't. You can even see one of my comments that i did not know until someone (zombiebiscuit i think) said its high ttk was a bug... i long ago purchased it.

From my point of view ive got scammed.

it's just natural weapons don't stay the same. i own 75+ accbound weapons and couple of them were nerfed/buffed/nerfed/buffed. but as metas change or stagnate, changes to weapons are necessary. even if it wasn't bugged - it was too dominant in cqc for a secondary and a nerf was inevitable.

and no, as i said, you could just include them in the group of people before the announcement - but as i also said, since one couldn't know, assuming that everyone knew after an announcement through their main official communication channel is quite reasonable.

but even then, it doesn't even matter.

you have all right to feel cheated/scammed subjectively, however it was an objectively needed change. think about it like closing the gap between rich and poor by taxation and social insurance. some might feel cheated, however it is needed to gain some equality. xd

seize the means of production

I wonder how many people realise that since LO viewed it as a bug, they most likely won't revert it. They may change how the gun plays, but it won't go back to its G1 state

To each their own I guess

Pls no. Bought for 4.5 pre-nerfed, finally sold for 1.8 after weeks of nobody wanting to buy it. 

31 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

I wonder how many people realise that since LO viewed it as a bug, they most likely won't revert it. They may change how the gun plays, but it won't go back to its G1 state

To each their own I guess

I doubt they're going to make any weapon changes for quite some time with how poorly the community responded with the IR and shotgun changes.

11 minutes ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

I doubt they're going to make any weapon changes for quite some time with how poorly the community responded with the IR and shotgun changes.

This might have been because no one asked for, nor wanted these changes overall.

People are asking for Yukon changes; I am asking for Legendaries to be viable in general.  I think there is a distinct difference here, it's just a matter of whether they think it's worth their dev time right now as I am probably in a minority.  Those wanting Yukon buffs are probably a very small minority.