MattScott

Should we give out the Autumn Assault skin?

Autumn Assault reward poll  

294 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we give out the Autumn Assault skin to everyone who logged in?

• Yes. The event was flawed. There was no way for me to win.
    • No. Players worked hard to win. It will devalue their effort.
    • I don’t care.

I'm ok with title selector or special flavored title for them.

Maybe some selector of titles from other events? (Like that Forever Alone title)

Joke titles are the best too. (Just don't call it "It's all Mitne fault" or you know what... Do whatever. 😛)

Edited by Mitne

7 hours ago, MattScott said:

It's also not feasible for us to create a 2nd skin, but I am looking into awarding a title to everyone who actually got 1st place to give them something unique.

It's understandable that you can't design a new skin but then why give the skin out to everyone in the first place? The people who won the skin also had to suffer through the outright horrible event. I know people who grinded for hours, knowing the skin was exclusive and was going to be unattainable in the future. Giving the skin out to everyone would be a slap in the face to anyone who spent hours trying to get it.

• Like 2

Why are we acting like everyone didn’t gp through the same flaws that the event had? Sure, it was flawed, but it was flawed for everyone and some still managed to win.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Lumshedens said:

It's understandable that you can't design a new skin but then why give the skin out to everyone in the first place? The people who won the skin also had to suffer through the outright horrible event. I know people who grinded for hours, knowing the skin was exclusive and was going to be unattainable in the future. Giving the skin out to everyone would be a slap in the face to anyone who spent hours trying to get it.

This event was a big slap in face of everyone.

Half of time I was at top ranks I wasn't able to get skin cause there was several or at least one person better than me non-stop at top winning the same reward non-stop. Effectively reducing my chances to win that event ever from "100" to maybe 2.

Then as if not enough this people had nerve to treat GMs requests as reason to brag.

Not everyone would had skin, THIS WHO WANTED would had. That was whole premise of this event. - not everyone desired it or desire it right now but it was frustrating to repeat match after match to get not what you want despite giving 200%. It turned into bragging contest about how much in row someone won and prevented others from getting skin which was only avaliable in that event.

Edited by Mitne

Hi @MattScott,

The idea to give the skin to everyone is really bad.

Thats the wrong way to compensate a bad event.

The scrubs dont deserve the skin, the winners deserve something better than a damn title.

Instead you should make a new reward as compensation for everyone.

Or do something like the Daily Events again with cool rewards ...

1 hour ago, Dezire said:

Why are we acting like everyone didn’t gp through the same flaws that the event had? Sure, it was flawed, but it was flawed for everyone and some still managed to win.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

It's not really feasible for us to award the Top X winners from each session. We don't have that kind of tracking, which is why I didn't offer it in the first place.

@Darkzero3802 I understand your frustration. I don't believe I'm setting a precedent here by awarding the skin from an event that didn't go as planned.

It's also not feasible for us to create a 2nd skin, but I am looking into awarding a title to everyone who actually got 1st place to give them something unique.

Thanks,
Matt

Oh a tittle, thanks a lot, I know now that my effort and time spent is equal an USELESS AND STUPID TITLE.

It's easy to give out everyone a supposed exclusive skin for winners and winners just a simple title than make fair rewards for all people, right? So to make some people happy, you have to make others angry.

3 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

I enjoy a challenge dont get me wrong. Handing it out to those who participated only im fine with but as I have said many times those who won legitly and did the right thing in letting others win should have an exclusive of some kind for their hard work and support (so they arent slapped when said hard work is given out). Ppl who griefed and abused it shouldnt get anything. Wether I won the skin or not this is just the right thing to do and encourages the community to do the right thing which will lead to a better quality of life in game. I am well aware of what I have done during the course of the event and I still feel that way about the event and wether I won or not doesnt factor into what the right thing is. I could have not been on once during the event id still be saying what im saying now about a handout.

Looks like you are getting a unique title.

GG

2 hours ago, Dezire said:

When everyone had the same game and issues and some people described it as a grind for days and others described it as a game of luck and a few said it was easy if you know how to take advantage of the situation...

I don't everyone got the same experience despite being in the same game, it is questionable then if the game is too flawed and unfair because of it or not.

11 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

It's not really feasible for us to award the Top X winners from each session. We don't have that kind of tracking, which is why I didn't offer it in the first place.

@Darkzero3802 I understand your frustration. I don't believe I'm setting a precedent here by awarding the skin from an event that didn't go as planned.

Thanks,
Matt

Title better be damn good then.

@MattScott

Idea's for titles if that's the way your going (and it looks like you are and may I add... your blinker is on.)

Awetumn

Fall

...and all I got was this skin

Raking in the leafs 

Autumn Assault Aficionado 

Quick Draw

Fastest Gun in San paro

Win once shame on you , Win twice shame on me

Adaptive Killer

Edited by Zolerox
These are all horrible (I dare you to think of worse title ideas)

first LO just threw all beginners and bronze players . then do not know how to reward 50 people . have you forgotten your promise to take care of all the players ? event failed . make a new year event only in the Golden district . reward give G1 . you don't need a population . you need 50 gold players .

12 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,
Matt

A title :l . I rather keep using my OBT Veteran title instead of a title that says he won but got drilled in the as-s by little orbit title. I don't want the title thanks.

This is weird to begin with. Yes it was frustrating but everyone was basically equal so people crying because of this and that do they think the people that won the skin didn't have the same problem?

When you make a vote people who don't have the skin  ofcourse they are gonna vote yes they don't have anything to lose but only to gain a skin. No downside and the people that did win gets a shitty text below there name that nobody cares about in the game LOOOOOOOOOL.

Don't be this soft if you say something is gonna be exclusive and rare make it rare instead of backing off and treating the community as children .

Edited by Gateron

7 hours ago, Halelulia said:

Hi @MattScott,

The idea to give the skin to everyone is really bad.

Thats the wrong way to compensate a bad event.

The scrubs dont deserve the skin, the winners deserve something better than a damn title.

Instead you should make a new reward as compensation for everyone.

Or do something like the Daily Events again with cool rewards ...

Everyone who won, should get butcher skin aside the autumn skin. 

Everyone who participated, should get autumn skin. 

Makes the most sense imo, and requires no work from LO, as it's existing assets.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lumshedens said:

I know people who grinded for hours, knowing the skin was exclusive and was going to be unattainable in the future.

Why do people keep saying this? At no point did LO say that this skin was never going to be given out again, lol. Not everything needs to be some kind of permanent exclusive.

9 hours ago, Dezire said:

I'm not: the glitches in the event were not my biggest issue, my biggest issue personally was the event timing.

6 hours ago, Zolerox said:

...and all I got was this title

FTFY

I wouldn't mind that title, but I still think two slightly different versions of the skin like Vicky and I said would be better.

5 hours ago, Gateron said:

I rather keep using my OBT Veteran title instead of a title that says he won but got drilled in the as-s by little orbit title. I don't want the title thanks.

^^^^^^^^^^

the realest thing said in this thread so far

20 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Why do people keep saying this? At no point did LO say that this skin was never going to be given out again, lol. Not everything needs to be some kind of permanent exclusive.

your opinion is invalid, commie

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Amberwind said:

your opinion is invalid, commie

:[

12 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Looks like you are getting a unique title.

GG

Satisfy everyone with the skin and the winners for hard work. Everyones happy and its the right thing to do above all. Slapping someone isnt cool and we all know that.

12 hours ago, VickyFox said:

When everyone had the same game and issues and some people described it as a grind for days and others described it as a game of luck and a few said it was easy if you know how to take advantage of the situation...

I don't everyone got the same experience despite being in the same game, it is questionable then if the game is too flawed and unfair because of it or not.

Nobody is going to get the sam exp when you have so many cheaters controlling the top ranks. Bots will get past and bugs np.

11 hours ago, EmptyPillow said:

stop treating this community like a spoiled child lool

It is a spoiled child lol

9 hours ago, Gateron said:

A title :l . I rather keep using my OBT Veteran title instead of a title that says he won but got drilled in the as-s by little orbit title. I don't want the title thanks.

This is weird to begin with. Yes it was frustrating but everyone was basically equal so people crying because of this and that do they think the people that won the skin didn't have the same problem?

When you make a vote people who don't have the skin  ofcourse they are gonna vote yes they don't have anything to lose but only to gain a skin. No downside and the people that did win gets a shitty text below there name that nobody cares about in the game LOOOOOOOOOL.

Don't be this soft if you say something is gonna be exclusive and rare make it rare instead of backing off and treating the community as children .

Sooooo question, if your using a bot are you truly equal or are you compensating just to be gud?

13 hours ago, Kewlin said:

I'm not: the glitches in the event were not my biggest issue, my biggest issue personally was the event timing.

I commented on the timing of the event before it even started, asking for it to be pushed back as this was the main issue for me aswell. I still managed to win.

15 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Satisfy everyone with the skin and the winners for hard work. Everyones happy and its the right thing to do above all. Slapping someone isnt cool and we all know that.

Nobody is going to get the sam exp when you have so many cheaters controlling the top ranks. Bots will get past and bugs np.

It is a spoiled child lol

Sooooo question, if your using a bot are you truly equal or are you compensating just to be gud?

If that's your logic then make LO give every reward of all the events to everyone because some people are cheating.

imho give me the skin and remove it for everyone else

my two cents

56 minutes ago, Gateron said:

If that's your logic then make LO give every reward of all the events to everyone because some people are cheating.

There will always be cheating and exploitation of the game, but the lack of preemptive structure is down to Little Orbit.

When staff could of suspended the event to another date or try to make a patch to prevent further cheating, they didn't/couldn't. Little Orbit decided to just continued with GM giving out polite requests for winners to yield to other players! ...That's not a solution to a problem.

I'm sorry but with a bit more time and planning then some of the issues raised could of been prevented. The issues raised by MattScott's OP, is stuff people in the community could of told Little Orbit as regular service users would of participated in events before and know what works and what doesn't.

ANY event draws attention of old returning and new players, but it also gets the attention of cheaters and trolls. with a first place exclusive skin and joker tickets as a booby price. This is going to make people more competitive. Competitiveness isn't always a bad thing but this is already quite the competitive community.

On top of that, limited time of when the event is going on during day/week just adds restriction which can feel unfair.

Overall it feels shit for many people for one reason or another...

Hind sight is 20/20, so Little Orbit could somewhat be excused but from the first day it was clear this wasn't going to go as planned.

Edited by VickyFox

A title for the winners?

Well, now that's a disappointing decision.

9 hours ago, Dezire said:

I commented on the timing of the event before it even started, asking for it to be pushed back as this was the main issue for me aswell. I still managed to win.

I didn't say it was problematic with my schedule in particular, but still, some people were decidedly incapable of doing the event, at least well, with the schedule issues.

2 hours ago, Kewlin said:

I didn't say it was problematic with my schedule in particular, but still, some people were decidedly incapable of doing the event, at least well, with the schedule issues.

bronze players are insanely happy . in normal times they sometimes play against gold, clan players . in the event they were not even given a chance ! very good decision .

Well if we're doing freebies you could just give everyone that ever complains what they ask for and we'd all be better off. /s

Though I don't think giving the skin out to everyone is a great idea; there are better alternatives than devaluing something people worked for. If you say the event is flawed then wouldn't their win be worth more? A title is also laughable. Old players have so many titles that it wont be used ever.