MattScott

Should we give out the Autumn Assault skin?

Autumn Assault reward poll  

294 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we give out the Autumn Assault skin to everyone who logged in?

• Yes. The event was flawed. There was no way for me to win.
    • No. Players worked hard to win. It will devalue their effort.
    • I don’t care.

1 minute ago, Lily Rain said:

heart6small.gif

↑ Take that because I ran out of daily-reactions. It won't add to your reputation but hey, it is colourful and actually moves~! \(^_^)/

Absolutely. Giving him a timeout would change the atmosphere of "I can do whatever I want because LO is my bish & won't do anything to make me behave". An example should be made out of few kittens.

Thanks! I ran out of reactions so fucking early today, lol.

Just now, Kewlin said:

Thanks! I ran out of reactions so fucking early today, lol.

I can feel you & Yw~~ ❤️❤️ 

I can't win? 

No, I can't play because of time zone 🤨

@MattScott Here is a similar history story about the situation we are facing atm.

The 2013 Halloween event G1 introduce the purple pumpkins smash hunt role, so what happen we had purple pumpkins spread out in financial and waterfront. The rewards were completely new if you hunt 150 pumpkins you will get the Halloween orange pumpkin weapon skin and if you hunt all 300 you will get the Devil wings. So everybody were hunting for pumpkins for hours but what happen is that people found a glitch in the purple pumpkins, certain spots were the pumpkins were located were bugged so everytime you smash a pumpkin 5 seconds later it will re-appear again so people just stood there to farm the same spawn pumpkins and get the reward faster and not actually completing the role all this so they can get the final prize the Devil Wings. So people got angry on the forum saying that its not fair that i worked so hard  to get the reward rather people get it from glitch in the game. Unfortunately G1 couldn't fix the problem atm ( I might be wrong about that). So Tiggs what she did is ending up rewarding all the people who hunt the pumpkins the right way and not abusing the glitch with a unique title "True Hunter".

So what im suggesting is that we have 3 differenet types of players at the Autum event:

1. People who played and won multiple times and not letting others have a chance to win even though Lixil did mention in the event guide line "We are encouraging players to only win once to allow other players a chance to get the skin for their account." So people kept winning pretty much to piss off others and farm joker tickets.

2. People who did play and won once only to let other to have a chance to win the skin in other words THEY did follow and listen Lixil guide line to make the game enjoyable for all.

3. People who played but did not win the first prize but still made lots of joker tickets.

So i think that lots of people seems like they want the skin to be gifted to all who participate in the event. So i think this what you should do. 

1. Put the skin in the Joker store to purchase because all players did made lots of joker tickets so they can just buy it.

2. People that won more than once should have their skin account-wide and thats it.

3. People that won only once and letting others to a have chance means they listen and follow Lixil guide lines should have their skin account-wide and special title for being true loyal players that follow the rules.

Good luck

Well I couldn't play because of work and timezones, and also life, so I dislike the idea of giving the skins to the ones who logged in only.

1 minute ago, Recenite said:

Well I couldn't play because of work and timezones, and also life, so I dislike the idea of giving the skins to the ones who logged in only.

Judging by his responses to other people's posts I'm pretty sure Matt Scott meant logging in at any point for the three weeks the event was active. Unless you went overseas to fight a war or something, I highly doubt you were incapable of logging in once for the entire three weeks, but I could be wrong.

Looking back at this thread has made me realize why Reloaded's holiday events were a bit more enjoyable.  A lot of stuff was tied to roles which just meant grinding for the special stuff, so winning an event wasn't so important.  But the problem with that is that there currently isn't enough population (On Jericho at least) for that to always work.

I still like the idea of a winner to get truly unique rewards, but some kind of roll over system should be implemented for future use.   That way repeat winners aren't a big deal cause then 2nd place gets the reward and so on.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Lily Rain said:

What about the obvious-Hacker in Jericho who hacked to win? I won't mention his nickname because of forum-rules, but we all Jericho-Players know who he is. He was openly spoken about on the event's global voice-chat between participants, and then we laughed about how his cheats didn't help him in the explosive game-mode cuz of explosive-fuse-delay.

You adorable-kittens don't plan on rewarding his 'hard work' by giving him something extra to the skin as well as the insanely-ultra-generous mountain of Joker Tickets, are you~~?

Screenshot_18.png

So everyone should suffer because one hacker? Or several?

Get out of here, Tiggs.

Should not. The APB community needs to know what unique skins are that are hard to get. Everyone got a bunch of Halloween skins for the event. No need to distribute the autumn assault skin to everyone, so that it also loses its value. 

Everyone got a bunch of JT, and that's enough.

30 minutes ago, LittleCritique said:

Should not. The APB community needs to know what unique skins are that are hard to get. Everyone got a bunch of Halloween skins for the event. No need to distribute the autumn assault skin to everyone, so that it also loses its value. 

Everyone got a bunch of JT, and that's enough.

I would swap all this JTs for skin.

If I want JTs I use missions and FC and there it at it's normal rate so it serve as proper reward. (You actually work for 400 jt)

Edited by Mitne

I vote for YES. Just because I couldn't play during event hours due to work/studies. Imo I shouldn't sacrifice these things to obtain a some kind of skin in some kind of game. 

I couldn't play a single match the timings were not right for me, But i want the skin ;-;

4 hours ago, Mitne said:

So everyone should suffer because one hacker? Or several?

Get out of here, Tiggs.

lol, so you did not read my reply to Kewlin, no problem.

'suffer' here clearly shows the greed to getting rewarded extra over the already overly-generous event... Suckers like you should suffer anyways~

12 hours ago, MidnightQ said:

@MattScott Here is a similar history story about the situation we are facing atm.

The 2013 Halloween event G1 introduce the purple pumpkins smash hunt role, so what happen we had purple pumpkins spread out in financial and waterfront. The rewards were completely new if you hunt 150 pumpkins you will get the Halloween orange pumpkin weapon skin and if you hunt all 300 you will get the Devil wings. So everybody were hunting for pumpkins for hours but what happen is that people found a glitch in the purple pumpkins, certain spots were the pumpkins were located were bugged so everytime you smash a pumpkin 5 seconds later it will re-appear again so people just stood there to farm the same spawn pumpkins and get the reward faster and not actually completing the role all this so they can get the final prize the Devil Wings. So people got angry on the forum saying that its not fair that i worked so hard  to get the reward rather people get it from glitch in the game. Unfortunately G1 couldn't fix the problem atm ( I might be wrong about that). So Tiggs what she did is ending up rewarding all the people who hunt the pumpkins the right way and not abusing the glitch with a unique title "True Hunter".

So what im suggesting is that we have 3 differenet types of players at the Autum event:

1. People who played and won multiple times and not letting others have a chance to win even though Lixil did mention in the event guide line "We are encouraging players to only win once to allow other players a chance to get the skin for their account." So people kept winning pretty much to piss off others and farm joker tickets.

2. People who did play and won once only to let other to have a chance to win the skin in other words THEY did follow and listen Lixil guide line to make the game enjoyable for all.

3. People who played but did not win the first prize but still made lots of joker tickets.

So i think that lots of people seems like they want the skin to be gifted to all who participate in the event. So i think this what you should do. 

1. Put the skin in the Joker store to purchase because all players did made lots of joker tickets so they can just buy it.

2. People that won more than once should have their skin account-wide and thats it.

3. People that won only once and letting others to a have chance means they listen and follow Lixil guide lines should have their skin account-wide and special title for being true loyal players that follow the rules.

Good luck

Thats another good suggestion to fixing this issue and I do support this as well as the other similar ones that were put up here. Nobody gets a slap in the face and it encourages ppl to play nice. It would be better if events werent so bugged and the community always did the right thing but im going abit far there.

@MattScott How about give the Butcher skin to all the real winners and the Autumn Skin to everyone who logged in during the event. Win Win ? 🙂

1 minute ago, moneychixx said:

@MattScott How about give the Butcher skin to all the real winners and the Autumn Skin to everyone who logged in during the event. Win Win ? 🙂

He already said no.

On 12/7/2018 at 11:56 AM, Lumshedens said:

Giving it to everyone would ruin the exclusivity, just like you did with everything else (FFA R&D 3, 3D glasses, devil wings).

Please don't.

you?

no, not them

The Skin is ugly, I mean, most skins are no interesting at all, I only use Chrome because it's a way to show I mastered a Role.
If weapons had visible modifications, it would be a different story, what's the point of a skin on a default looking weapon.

if the autumn assault skin was made into an ARMAS redeem code, then anybody that wanted it could pick it up from the marketplace.  and it would increase store traffic.

just an idea for a better way to distribute it.

On 12/7/2018 at 7:14 PM, MidnightQ said:

Good luck

I'm mad they added in Devil wings in ARMAS Marketplace for limited time when it took me over 2 events (time of 2 years) to unlock Devil Wings... >_>. I agree i hunted all the pumpkins one by one no glitch.
1.) Yes

2.) Already going to be done... I asked them GM if it was.

3.) I guess? Your special~

TBH the GMs didn't really enforce the rules by kicking or banning from event; literally a joke so everyone who kept winning abused it.

I may not have been around for any of the recent events but I believe giving out items that others have worked for is a bad move. I don't know how bugged everything was but handing out the number one prize as a "Participation Award",  will make later events seem more like a waste of time. If you want to make up for issues players experienced for something that you feel was your fault then something else will have to do. It may not be me this time but I can't explain the nasty feeling I get when I worked hard and gave my best to win something only for it to be given away to everyone at a later date for nothing. It makes me wonder why I even tried, when I can just complain about not receiving anything and wait for my handout. 

It's an unpopular opinion because everybody wants the exclusive skins they don't have. However once it's no longer exclusive, and everybody has it, then nobody wants it.

13 hours ago, neophobia said:

you?

no, not them

Afaik Little Orbit aquired Gamersfirst as a whole, no? I as a customer am talking to the company itself. So yes, them.

On 12/8/2018 at 4:14 AM, MidnightQ said:

what rules? lmao

On 12/8/2018 at 3:14 AM, MidnightQ said:

People that won only once and letting others to a have chance means they listen and follow Lixil guide lines should have their skin account-wide and special title for being true loyal players that follow the rules.

First of all, this was a rule added way after the event started. Second of all, yikes.

On 12/7/2018 at 5:05 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Should probably give it to those that participated in a number of the games rather than just a blanket throwing it out.

(Note: I didn't even log in to APB for any of the events for those that are opposed to this opinion with the basis in that I want the skin)

yea , i would rather see it given away to people that actually tried to get it rather then someone like me that didn't even try or play the event cuz i know i had no chance of winning

so it should be given out to some that were trying but wasn't able to get it at all cuz of the "god like" players that kept getting it