MattScott

Should we give out the Autumn Assault skin?

Autumn Assault reward poll  

294 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we give out the Autumn Assault skin to everyone who logged in?

• Yes. The event was flawed. There was no way for me to win.
    • No. Players worked hard to win. It will devalue their effort.
    • I don’t care.

Thanks Matt for listening to our feedback. I think this is a good step for LO to recognize that they are learning and they want to put Gamers First. Just give the skin and move on to the next event. Lessons learned.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Thats not a bad idea at all. Fits for Autumn, just depends if LO wants to make a new skin or not tbh.

One cannot blame Little Orbit if they feel this event's attempt to appease everyone is going too far.

The "Autumn Anarchy" Skin? It's a compromise and tribute to both.

I don't why I am trying to help out because this event pissed me off and I don't stand a chance of getting the Autumn Anarchy Skin anyway as I didn't win!

5 minutes ago, Nijavid said:

i mean autumnskin is an exclusive skin i don't think everyone should have it  and giving away 2exclusive skins would make it worse + it will fuckup everyone who worked for it

Oh come on... This event has already screwed everyone else up already!

Right now we're just trying to find ways to make this most fair as possible.

...Again I just want to thank Little Orbit for their time and consideration, Gamersfirst wouldn't of listened this much this time last year.

2 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

...Again I just want to thank Little Orbit for their time and consideration, Gamersfirst wouldn't of listened this much this time last year.

how giving 600jt's a day screwed anyone i just don't get it 

3 hours ago, VickyFox said:

Agreed, there is no one "correct" solution, only the best ways possible to salvage it, and I think your idea sounds alright.

3 hours ago, Nijavid said:

You only got many JTs if you were a repeat winner, 1st time winners just got the skin.

Edited by Kewlin
Stupid typo

Don't cater to crybabies please. Everyone had a chance to keep the times. It wasnt like anyone worked at all times the event was held. Black desert holds events where you get a single random timewindow per day to complete said event be it bossfight spawning somewhere in the world or whatever. Sometimes you need to go out of your comfort zone to get it. This way the skin shows of dedication and or later down the line, rare value. People are offended by everything today. Don't get a skin having several hours each day to get it?-whine how stupid others were for setting a schedule for you to get it or make time to do so-... Sigh

Edit: asking this in hindsight will always result in everyone without the skin to want it for free.

Edited by spher3

1 minute ago, Nijavid said:

If you bought everything on armas what does 600JT do for you? If your R255 and can purchase anything from contacts what does 600JT do for you? If you have 60k JT banked what will more JT do?

4 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

If you bought everything on armas what does 600JT do for you? If your R255 and can purchase anything from contacts what does 600JT do for you? If you have 60k JT banked what will more JT do?

i mean if u have everything in armas what more would u want + u can get yourself a fiebomb crown coywolf guns like stheno golden SD-hvr golden osmaw 

Just now, Nijavid said:

i mean if u have everything in armas what more would u want + u can get yourself a fiebomb crown coywolf guns like stheno golden SD-hvr golden osmaw 

Gold weapon skin from armas, makes any osmaw golden as well as all other guns you own. coywolf doesnt stack up to a pio, jericho, vegas or the fun of a jeep. Remote det makes firebomb worthless, if i really wanted a crown id have gotten it already and i have a reaper, valentines scout and a 3 slot HVR perm. Once again the point of JT when you own everything is?

5 minutes ago, Nijavid said:

Look at it this way, Why would a Veteran player want to play a game that they already completed and maxed out if there is no new content?

A new event is a great incentive to get older players back in game actively again but that incentive loses all value if they'll only going to get rewards they already have unlocked.

30 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

What other exclusive weapon skin is out there that could be used for autumn assault? Ive suggested butcher and LO making a new exclusive. Im for either one just so long as its exclusive

Thats not a bad idea at all. Fits for Autumn, just depends if LO wants to make a new skin or not tbh.

You talk as if LO never made a new weapon skin, or can't make a new weapon skin.

I dont' see why they should ruin what little exclusivity the Butcher skin has left

Just now, Nitronik said:

You talk as if LO never made a new weapon skin, or can't make a new weapon skin.

I dont' see why they should ruin what little exclusivity the Butcher skin has left

Me and Vicky already brought up new exclusive skins and the butcher skin is quite exclusive. Its one of the few things that still has it after what G1 did for yrs and yrs. If it was given to 12 ppl it would still be quite exclusive.

1 minute ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Me and Vicky already brought up new exclusive skins and the butcher skin is quite exclusive. Its one of the few things that still has it after what G1 did for yrs and yrs. If it was given to 12 ppl it would still be quite exclusive.

More than 12 people won the event.
We want to play this game? Then what do I get, since I have a butcher skin?

1 minute ago, Nitronik said:

You get to be a grumpy old man.

In serious though, I don't get why people need to Butcher skin in particular, it really should be kept exclusive, and I also don't get why they're still asking for it when Matt outright said no to their request.

37 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

I agree with everything you say so far but I don't feel that the Butcher Skin is a right thing.

A new exclusive skin would only be fair for everyone i feel.

My suggestion is the honourable winners get a second new variant of the Autumn assault skin But with a Butcher skin twist as a compromise:

This skin would be based off the American Red Maple tree. It's quite the striking colour and it would be a tribute to both the Butcher Skin and Autumn Assault.

614ff0e0-a0b5-4c6a-828b-e345f07458df.jpg

A sort of tribute / reference to Both the Butcher skin and Autumn Assault would be "Autumn Anarchy" (placeholder name).

It's a compromise to both skins as a reward for those who won Autumn Assault event if the Autumn Assault Skin was to be released

Just now, Nitronik said:

Your like what, one of only 12 ppl who currently have it? Theres so few ppl who have it thats how exclusive it is. And im not sure how many won the event but I do know that the number who only won once is very small.

2 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

A sort of tribute / reference to Both the Butcher skin and Autumn Assault would be "Autumn Anarchy" (placeholder name).

It's a compromise to both skins as a reward for those who won Autumn Assault event if the Autumn Assault Skin was to be released

That's awesome
What's not so awesome is the other guy going "Just give us the butcher skin"

They fucked up exclusivity more than once, so that means they must keep fucking up instead of learning?

That's awesome

They fucked up exclusivity more than once, so that means they must keep fucking up instead of learning?

Sad that I'm extremely out of likes for today.

That's awesome

Plz read as nobody is saying give anyone and everyone the butcher skin

2 minutes ago, Nitronik said:

That's awesome

This whole thread was because we demanded to know what Little Orbit was thinking and what was going to be learnt form these sets of mistakes.

Give them a chance to walk before expecting them to run.

MattScott said that the Butcher Skin is OUT OF QUESTION to be re-released.

Edited by VickyFox

3 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Your like what, one of only 12 ppl who currently have it? Theres so few ppl who have it thats how exclusive it is. And im not sure how many won the event but I do know that the number who only won once is very small.

so your solution to stop some people from feeling upset that someone gets the reward they worked for, is to make other people upset that someone gets the reward they worked for?

that’s an impressive logical loop you’ve constructed 

2 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Plz read as nobody is saying give anyone and everyone the butcher skin

Just because you don't want to give everyone the skin doesn't mean he can't disagree with you, lol.

1 minute ago, Kewlin said:

Just because you don't want to give everyone the skin doesn't mean he can't disagree with you, lol.

Hes acting as if somebody said give the playerbase the butcher skin when nobody said that lol

First off, @MattScott, thank you for addressing the issue and being generous enough as to give us the power to decide on this issue. It's a really nice gesture and it shows that you care about your community enough to take time out of your day to address issues we have (though to some people it would seem that's not the case with other issues they have.)

I wanted the skin, but after seeing all the negative threads on the event and weighing my chances of winning, I ended up not even playing during the event. I'd love to get the skin, but if you'd be giving it out based on participation, I'd imagine you'd be missing a lot of people that were in the same boat as me. That said, it's just a cosmetic and you could even make it a seasonal release so people can get it next year if they really want it. Idk, do what the people say, i guess.

3 minutes ago, Helix Reloaded said:

I wanted the skin, but after seeing all the negative threads on the event and weighing my chances of winning, I ended up not even playing during the event. I'd love to get the skin, but if you'd be giving it out based on participation, I'd imagine you'd be missing a lot of people that were in the same boat as me. That said, it's just a cosmetic and you could even make it a seasonal release so people can get it next year if they really want it. Idk, do what the people say, i guess.

...Ahhh now this I can relate too, I didn't refer any friend when Refer a Friend Scheme was a thing because it was being abused and I anticipated bans because of it.

No bans were made and everyone else got free rewards for referring other existing APB players and I got nothing.

I can empathise, but I don't really now what to suggest or say about these situations other than it is robbery.

Edited by VickyFox