MattScott

Should we give out the Autumn Assault skin?

Autumn Assault reward poll  

294 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we give out the Autumn Assault skin to everyone who logged in?

• Yes. The event was flawed. There was no way for me to win.
    • No. Players worked hard to win. It will devalue their effort.
    • I don’t care.

Oh. So... I got response.

I guess sure community should say "YES" or "NO" - whatever happens is up to them, i won't be mad if community says "NO".

Thank you for taking our points into consideration too.

I know mistakes happen, we just were both worried and frustrated that it was handled badly.

I kinda understand this topic is controversal too.

Edited by Mitne

Yes..what a question.Btw the votes are overall 50-50 because most of players left in the game right now are veterans(specially the once browsing this forum nonstop)so this votes are not very objective.Most new players/not very skilled had no chance to get this skin..even i didnt had o dou i play 7 years.Highest place i got i think was 5th or something

Edited by TheMessiah

2 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Yes..what a question.Btw the votes are overall 50-50 because most of players left in the game right now are veterans(specially the once browsing this forum nonstop)so this votes are not very objective.Most new players had no chance to get this skin..even i didnt had o dou i play 7 years.Highest place i got i think was 5th or something

Don't worry. I will today get into game and spread news. Only 10% of players ever look into forums.

Give everyone who won the autumn skin... a butcher skin - a recognition they won fair n square and then hand out autumn skin globally np 🙂

I'm biased, cuz' i won the autumn but I wish i won the butcher one instead but it was replaced as a reward before i got on...

What's the point in having events with rewards if it's just gonna be given to everyone, even if they didn't participate in the event. Obviously some people are better than others, that's just how it is, you can't cater to the players who weren't good enough to get it just because they're the most vocal about their shortcomings. It doesn't make sense to give it out, the skin is pretty ugly and most people got it for collection purposes and because of it's rarity. If it's then given to everyone it loses the only positive thing about it. It's not about wanting the skin, it's about not wanting others to have what you don't.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dezire said:

What's the point in having events with rewards if it's just gonna be given to everyone, even if they didn't participate in the event. Obviously some people are better than others, that's just how it is, you can't cater to the players who weren't good enough to get it just because they're the most vocal about their shortcomings. It doesn't make sense to give it out, the skin is pretty ugly and most people got it for collection purposes and because of it's rarity. If it's then given to everyone it loses the only positive thing about it. It's not about wanting the skin, it's about not wanting others to have what you don't.

Again it's luck based.
Even if I won it I would still say yes give it to everyone that participated, since it's not a reward to be proud of if it's just won by luck.

I wasn’t  lucky to meet average op. I had not that much nervous to play against those nerds from the first places with their 17-8-1 k/a/d. The event was fine in JT’s farming.

Edited by PACwoMAN

25 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

Give everyone who won the autumn skin... a butcher skin - a recognition they won fair n square and then hand out autumn skin globally np 🙂

I'm biased, cuz' i won the autumn but I wish i won the butcher one instead but it was replaced as a reward before i got on...

IMO a great idea. If LO had to go back to the drawing board to make sure the Butcher skin keeps its exclusivity, why go on to ruin the (relative) exclusivity of the new skin? It wouldn't be consistent.

Alternatively, those who won it could perhaps receive a skin selector (as received in previous events) to choose one from several ARMAS/Joker Store skins, if it's possible to retroactively apply such a thing.

2 minutes ago, Lyfeld said:

IMO a great idea. If LO had to go back to the drawing board to make sure the Butcher skin keeps its exclusivity, why go on to ruin the (relative) exclusivity of the new skin? It wouldn't be consistent.

Alternatively, those who won it could perhaps receive a skin selector (as received in previous events) to choose one from several ARMAS/Joker Store skins, if it's possible to retroactively apply such a thing.

Atm, while a bunch of ppl who didn't win, finds it unfair that only those who won, got the autumn skin....
I find it completely unfair that those who won within first few days got a butcher skin and meantime rest of us got this orange/white skin instead -.- 

So imo it seems like a fair middle-ground, those who won the event gets something a little exclusive (butcher skin)
and rest of the server gets autumn skin for participating in autumn event.

• Thanks 1

I didnt participate because when i am home its over, and when i am at work people are participating. sadly lol

I voted yes.

As I pointed out in the feedback thread, giving an exclusive weapon skin only to players who can finish no. 1 in a highly RNG gamemode seems unfair. I didn't get it, and I tried many times. I would usually end up in the top 10, sometimes around top 3-5, but for what felt like unfair reasons, I never managed to get the win. I would spawn 200m away from the area with a shotgun and no cover, I would get shot by a grey who I couldn't shoot back at, or I would be randomly kicked off of the event for not being inside the zone (despite running straight at it since spawning).

My reason for voting yes is completely egoistic. I would like the skin. And exclusivity is a horrible argument, considering you're putting holiday rewards on the ARMAS store for all to buy.

In the future: please put skins like this as a contact reward, that can be leveled up by playing the event, or a daily, like you did with the Halloween event.

• Like 1

I will write an email to Valve later today.

They shall lower prices for cases and keys to 0.01$ so I can have the cool skins too.

Im poor, you know ... and this aint fair.

It is only a skin. Like, most players don't even have the game graphics set high enough to notice it.

I don't mind if it was given away toe verybody, because the prize was not the problem. The point of the event was to have fun, not winning a forgettable skin, and I feel like the fun part was failed.

I appreciate there is an attempt to make up for the mistakes, I hope that you understand it is way more important to improve the enjoyment of the game, and not just give away little treats and believe nothing wrong happened.

If the Butcher skin is exclusive, the Autumn Assault one must be exclusive too. I spent time to get the skin, I got frustrated many times, but I managed to get the skin on 3 characters in less a week and I reach first places many times trying to win. I am not the best apb player or cheater and my pc cannot handle the event, that's not a excuse. So that's why I used the advance launcher to play on minimal settings and have a chance. Luck is important, but it's better take your time and get a good spot and camp instead of trying to kill the first player that you see and die trying again and again just because you have 367473872 players behind you. You need to use your brain.

If someone can't play the event for schedule conflicts is not a LO problem. In fact, I missed some old events and it's not the end of the world, I didn't cry on the forums for that reason.

The poll is a joke, right? The skin was not intended for all players, only for those who wins the game, it's rare reward. I feel cheated, because I did my best to get the exclusive skin, and now you pretent to give out it to calm crybabies. LO, you should have canceled the event on time, now it's too late to fix your mistakes. Give them other good reward, but respect the winners.

And for the next event like this one, fix bugs and make the event on bronze distritcs too for silver and bronze people, I saw silver people won the event so it's not impossible, but I understand that it must be a nightmare play against gold players and very hard or impossible to win for bronze players.

Sorry for my bad english.

24 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

I find it completely unfair that those who won within first few days got a butcher skin and meantime rest of us got this orange/white skin instead -.- 

The prize was changed before the gungames even started, so nobody won the butcher skin. 

I honestly don't know which option to choose.

Yes [...] has (to me) that slight connotation that I'm entitled to getting the skin. Which I'm not - it was an event reward first and foremost. Not a guaranteed thing. I've wanted to get the skin for the sake of completionism, but I don't think I really need it.

No [...] isn't the option for me either. Keeping more and more things exclusive is both a good and a bad thing. Good, because it incentivizes people to make an effort to get unique stuff. Bad, because it's still content that'll only be available for the chosen few, while everybody else is pretty much locked out of it. It's kind of tough to entirely submit myself to this label.

I don't care. still isn't what I want to say. It is an issue that should be resolved, so that LO can move on to improving the game. Showing a lack of care helps absolutely nobody.

For the sake of contributing to the poll, my goes for the first option, because I think that it would be a net gain for the vast majority of the playerbase - however, I genuinely don't mind any of the outcomes (speaking for myself, of course).

"the event was flawed so we demand this exclusive skin to be given to everybody for free now" lol

Lol

Lol

Lol

There is no ez fair solution, so I suggest just get over it cuz its just a god damn skin and its not worth of all this drama. The only fair solution would be givin it to the ones who rly tried hard, but as been said, its not worth it. Get over it.

End this drama.

Put it on Armas as for the rest of the year.

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

[...] I doubt we’ll do 1st place rewards like this, because there is a finite (small) amount of players who can actually win. [...]

It's not bad to have rewards like that, still for a lot of people it's impossible to get it. I was thinking about having a extra district - only for people who did not won. Or the whole event should be called as a tournament.

But I actually enjoyed the event, even if I was frustrated a lot because the spawn system or my game crashed.

• Thanks 1

I'd like to give people a little perspective here.

A World of Warships developer/staff member used to run an event only on NA called Corgi Captains.

This event took place over the course of 3 days for 24 hours each day, and had ~150 volunteers playing as Corgi Captains for the entirety of NA.

You would win some premium currency and an exclusive flag, but only if you landed the killing blow on a Corgi Captain.

150 people for the entirety of the NA server, which has a constant population of something like 12,000 players.

"But Knite," you might be saying, "the volunteers could get on at any point in a 72 hour period!"

As a player, I saw a Corgi Captain once, and managed to steal the kill from somebody. I participated as a Corgi Captain twice, and had so many people in chat ask "What's a Corgi captain?"

"What's your point?" you might be asking. Well, the absolute scarcity of the Corgi Captains never engendered the kind of rage I've seen with this event, and Corgi Captains were only around for 3 days each time. This event ran way longer than 3 days.

I'm not opposed to everyone that logged on during the event getting the skin, but neither do I think this kind of behavior from the community should be rewarded.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MattScott said:

This is a good idea, but it would take a lot of effort to try and go back through the logs to determine the participants and then sort them by the number of times they played to find a cutoff. I’d rather focus our development efforts elsewhere.

It’s fairly easy for us to determine the players that logged in during the weeks the event was active and award those players the skin.

in my openion u can just increase the win rate like first 5 peaple get the autmn skin would be nice and cool better than throwing it

I had participated in 2 matches, jus to try the new game mode and because my frnd asked me to. I really didnt want the skin or the joker tickets.

Some might have played around 10-15 matches to win the skin. Some might have played 100 and couldnt have won the skin.

The only mistake from their part was the event was held in a certain time which made some players furious. But what if there is a flash sale going on amazon from 1pm and ends in next few seconds where u have to be super speedy to get your stuff at a throwaway price. What if u cry hey i had office at that time of the day?

Now back to those players who say hey i have took a pain in the patootie nd i didnt win it. Come on its just a skin. You know they are going to give it for the #1 place and you have tried. You can jus see the skin when u are still. Will u stare at the skin or the enemy in a match? I dont get it.

So lets say little orbit gives the skin to everyone who participated in the event, wont the winners ask why did we tire our asses for the first place? The gms did right thing asking good players to leave the event and they grinded it for joker tickets..so i dont think they did a mistake as well.

Things would go worse if they change their policies according to player will. Maybe give everyone a partcipation prize, other than the skin.

I vote yes, as I've been saying this since the 2nd or 3rd day of the event, even though I've won the event 3 times on 3 different characters. There way too many factors that made it annoying and unplayable, even after the 20v20 districts cap, the areas were still buggy and made no sense.

P.S: Shouldn't have written "Yes. The event was flawed. There was no way for me to win." since some of us won it and we still think it should just be given out to everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think in light of the acknowledgments from Matt about the shortcomings of the event from his perspective, I support giving the skin to those who tried to win, at the very least.

Had the event gone off exactly as planned, I would be against it. But as we heard (and a lot of you knew), the event was flawed from the start.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Caisey said:

Again it's luck based.
Even if I won it I would still say yes give it to everyone that participated, since it's not a reward to be proud of if it's just won by luck.

the only luck based mode was explosives, the other's had consistently good players winning.

Edited by Dezire
  • Like 1