Lixil

APB Holiday Events 2018 (Updated)

See this event for the third or 4th time... Got FAR, Raptor, snowman head and weapon skins already. Waiting for something new like... Cobra maybe... Or one slotted secondary?

We love this event, but please add new rewards. 

And do not remove the pumping roles in the event. this makes no sense.

16 minutes ago, LittleCritique said:

We love this event, but please add new rewards.  [...]

1 hour ago, PACwoMAN said:

[...] Waiting for something new like... Cobra maybe... Or one slotted secondary?

Maybe STAR reskin as new reward? With a new weapon model (and different sounds) and a tagger (maybe even a fixed weapon skin) similar to the Love-Gun. That gun could be character lifetime without hurting someone. People who don't like STAR would still buy other contact or ARMAS weapons. In that way they won't give away something totally game changing because you have a lifetime star anyways, but you still get a nice reward.

I doubt they will add it this year. But maybe it would be nice for upcoming events.

7 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

districts used to be 100 *shrugs*

Yeah, until G1 downgraded the servers to save money, which made a lot of things worse.

Though the playercount is a problem because of two factors: 

- Way too many people to enjoy the event

- The server/engine can't handle that many players in one mission

*CLAP* Where *CLAP* is *CLAP* the *CLAP* info *CLAP* about *CLAP* the *CLAP* ARMAS *CLAP* sales *CLAP*  

I am looking forward to it, thank you for your work LO 🙂

4 hours ago, Kominis said:

*CLAP* Where *CLAP* is *CLAP* the *CLAP* info *CLAP* about *CLAP* the *CLAP* ARMAS *CLAP* sales *CLAP*  

we just had one.......

g1c is a permanent 20% off now as well

and i believe armas had price adjustments already

so isn't that better than a sale?

Edited by Fortune Runner

3 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

we just had one.......

g1c is a permanent 20% off now as well

and i believe armas had price adjustments already

so isn't that better than a sale?

Since when is g1c 20% off ? or are you talking about the 5$ = 500G1C thing ?

I don't know if it's any better than a sale considering some of the packs are expensive and could get a tiny discount on a sale.(You probably have everything so why'd care)

guess i missed something, I dunno, anyways was just wondering if I have to save my money for the sales or I can spend it rn.

Edited by Kominis

Does this event by chance have one of those Steam achievements like:
Get to role # and permanently unlock the PRIVILAGE to buy the $[weapon] from contacts?

(caring about the weapons ofc, not the achievements.)

Wanna know if I gotta contribute beforehand...

3 hours ago, Kominis said:

Since when is g1c 20% off ? or are you talking about the 5$ = 500G1C thing ?

I don't know if it's any better than a sale considering some of the packs are expensive and could get a tiny discount on a sale.(You probably have everything so why'd care)

guess i missed something, I dunno, anyways was just wondering if I have to save my money for the sales or I can spend it rn.

To clarify :

I am not saying a sale would be bad.

But I am saying we did just have a sale and also that Little Orbit adjusted the cost of G1C permanently to be 20% off.

Some thing on ARMAS were also adjusted but I have no idea if all of them were

As for if they have a Christmas sale :

I do not know yet if they will or not , and given that this last sale even they did not know if they would have a sale or not ,  then its anyone's guess

Either way Merry Christmas and Happy New Years

Firstly The Beacon is horrible choice for any events due to lags and small size, Baylan would be much better for this. Anyway you should at least reduce maximum amount of players per instance to compensate this. Secondly these old preset modded guns are boring, at least you could make blowtorch available on all weapon tiers except with snowball.

6 hours ago, koenyboy500 said:

Does this event by chance have one of those Steam achievements like:
Get to role # and permanently unlock the PRIVILAGE to buy the $[weapon] from contacts?

(caring about the weapons ofc, not the achievements.)

Wanna know if I gotta contribute beforehand...

In the past these used to be that way. Master the role get the weapon from contacts and achievements are steam unlocks. But G1 was too dumb so none of these from yrs past actually show on steam. Its one of the many things that needs to be fixed (Halloween achievements from yrs past as well are the same way on steam)

@MattScott Can you guys create some minor improvements before the re-launch of 12 deaths? I have 2 main concerns:

The PSR is still one of the weapons while it's nerf will make it really difficult to play with. You can't move easially and still have accuracy to hit with decent damage. Also some the SBSR isn't great so maybe switch around just a few of the weapons...

Please make a seperate district for snowball wars so I dont have to play this event or end up hopping back and forward... I just want the ability to play 12 deaths during the holliday as it's great fun and many people dont like snowball wars.

Two things: 

1.) Im getting some Borderlands-y vibes from the art. I dunno why.

2.) Please have the HoHoHoPGLs say "Snowballs made from the frozen tears of angry forum users" 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ChellyBean said:

Two things: 

1.) Im getting some Borderlands-y vibes from the art. I dunno why.

2.) Please have the HoHoHoPGLs say "Snowballs made from the frozen tears of angry forum users" 

Regarding point two, we should have a vote for the options:

"Snowballs made from the frozen tears of the Twitter ban feed lovers"

"Snowballs made from the frozen tears of the pre-nerf HVR crutchers"

"Snowballs made from the frozen tears of the pre-fix Yukon lovers"

"Snowballs made from the frozen tears of LO Support staff after the mass reversal of all FF bans"

"Snowballs made from the frozen tears of people who love prunes"

"Snowballs made from the frozen tears of Italian chefs being forced to make pizza with pineapple"

"Snowballs made from the frozen beard-snot of Matt Scott"

"Snowballs made from the frozen tears of LO developers after the IR implementation and reversal"

"Snowballs made from the frozen tears of LO developers after "insert LO event""

And finallyyyyy

"Snowballs made from the frozen tears of anyone at LO, when they realized what they actually bought from G1"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AsgerLund said:

"Snowballs made from the frozen tears of the pre-nerf HVR crutchers"

"Snowballs made from the frozen tears of the P2W whiners"

"Snowballs made from the frozen tears of LO Support staff after the mass reversal of all FF bans"

This

On 12/6/2018 at 10:34 PM, Lixil said:

wC6xUSp.png

Ho-Ho-Hope you're ready for some holiday fun!

This year, we have a bunch of different ways to celebrate the Season - APB style.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

SLAY BELLS (PC only):

A cold front is descending on San Paro. Blocks are freezing over. Capture, control and defend your turf while watching other teams get iced out. In this all new event, simply capture a checkpoint and hold it until the round is over. Stay alive and survive in this exciting challenge.

And what about weapons, you ask? Nothing but the best hardware for a hardcore snowball fight! The HoHoHoPGLS has been in a box in the basement itching to unleash havoc. 

Grab one, load it up with snowballs and get ready to ice some people.

Here is a link to more information: https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2018/12/7/new-apb-event-slay-bells

But before we can bring the "Slay Bells" event to the LIVE servers, we need as many of you to come to help us out on the OTW servers for some testing.

• Tuesday, Dec. 11th, 11:00 am PT on new EU OTW 
  • Thursday, Dec. 13th 5:00 pm PT on NA OTW 

NOTE: If you want to help us out on Tuesday, you have to make sure to create a new character for the new EU OTW server.

The Slay Bells Event begins later this month, the exact time of launch and specific rewards will be announced later.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

HOLIDAY 2018 (PC & Console)

Beacon is back and the rest of San Paro is getting into the festive spirit! This holiday, players can work their way through the under-construction skyscraper and join in the district wide Snow Ball Fight or fight through the 12 Deaths of Christmas event. There are twelve levels of different guns, every time you reach enough points/kills with a gun, you will advance to the next one.

jJCx0ec.png

Kill enemies and strive your way to the final level, snowball. What better way to finish a game than having to smash a snowball in someone's face? The first player who gets to the last level and gets a kill with the snowball wins the game.

Being a part of the 12 Deaths of Christmas is being rewarded with Secret Santa Gift Boxes. These are boxes contain a variety of Armas weapons for you to use in mission districts. Keep the spawned weapon for yourself, or hand it to a friend to assist you in battle. And be sure to stop by the Elf Contacts in Financial to get more goodies for helping them.

UGLY SWEATER CREATIVE CHALLENGE 

Let’s not forget the festival creative challenge! As part of the Slay Bells event, what better way to mark our love for the Season then designing the ugliest Holiday sweater in San Paro?

This challenge will start on December 12th and run through January 2nd, after which the winners will be chosen, and the prizes awarded.

To get more details on how to participate, check our social media channels on December 12th!

when is 12 deaths of bchristmas coming out.

I don't understand the post. Are there any permanent / interesting rewards or should I play other games? Those Q's tickets aren't going to farm themselves in STO and BDO's archer won't level himself up.

Hi all,

I've updated the post with all the rewards.

Slay Bells starts on December 19th through January 2nd.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 3

Okay, okay, wait a second here. Didn't you claim to have learned a lesson from the Halloween event, and yet you're doing the exact same thing of requiring people to participate 10 out of 14 days the event is available to get the skin? What gives?

This is absolutely ridiculous LO: you can't constantly be requiring people to be playing APB every day for every event you roll out. What's more, you're requiring this DURING CHRISTMAS where people are on vacation and trying to spend time with their families, and you're requiring them to take time off nearly every day, leave their families, and play APB. What if someone was away for Christmas, as I'm sure many people are, and can't play APB for 5 days during the event?

Have some Christmas spirit dude, let people get shit while, IDK, celebrating Christmas? Please tell me there's some mistake or I'm reading something wrong.

• Thanks 1

12 balls of christmas, yea im not reinstalling the game