Lixil

APB Holiday Events 2018 (Updated)

On 12/16/2018 at 10:28 AM, Zolerox said:

Focus on what's important  kinda sucks the event is structured like this (and only goes for 2 weeks+)

Going to 9 different funerals in 2 weeks really hits you hard with depression last thing I wanna do is play an event for 5 days fighting people that spam V (switch shoulder) looking like a crackhead trippin'.

Reveal hidden contents

I've been a bit distant with some people around me "trying not to get attached" just results in being cold trying not to be hurt when someone I see everyday isn't there anymore.

Yup that I am. I just wish Matt would have listened to us from Halloween where everybody said to go back to using roles. Honestly if he wants to use dailies in addition to roles thats fine but roles has always worked without issue so in this case why chance something that wasnt broken? (for once in APB something that wasnt broken)

21 hours ago, Amberwind said:

Why would you make the mistake of making it so that we have to do the daily events to get all the rewards? Some people just want to grind the event to get all the items on multiple characters. This means we have to log in and do daily activities on multiple characters, in 2 different districts, on 5 separate days. Having the roles just like all the previous years would just be way better imo.

It seems like hes set on dailies even though the community said otherwise...

19 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

It seems like hes set on dailies even though the community said otherwise...

How many of the average 500+ players even gave their opinion?

Bro, maybe take a break from the forums for a bit. I know you have a shit ton going on, but it doesnt seem to be healthy for you at the moment.

57 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Bro, maybe take a break from the forums for a bit. I know you have a shit ton going on, but it doesnt seem to be healthy for you at the moment.

Lol i dont sit on the forums all day like the forum warriors round here. I check it make my replies and go away. And not everybody will say their opinion but alot of ppl were very unhappy with the daily system for halloween. Its a good addition but very bad to base an event solely off it and halloween proved that. Roles as focus with dailies to add on? Sounds good to me.

Just now, Darkzero3802 said:

Roles as focus with dailies to add on? Sounds good to me.

Fair enough.

Im fine with only needing 5 of 14 days to complete dailies.

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Fair enough.

Im fine with only needing 5 of 14 days to complete dailies.

Its still a long stretch especially for those with multi chars and no time. Spend too much in one thing youll burn out and that happened with halloween. Ppl got fed up and burnt out over the near impossible dailies and just gave up. The pop in the event dist mid way was that of very little and those who did go in didnt give 2 shits about doing anything they either afkd or waited till the end to go charge the final area.

55 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Its still a long stretch especially for those with multi chars and no time. Spend too much in one thing youll burn out and that happened with halloween. Ppl got fed up and burnt out over the near impossible dailies and just gave up. The pop in the event dist mid way was that of very little and those who did go in didnt give 2 shits about doing anything they either afkd or waited till the end to go charge the final area.

Not to mention the "bug" that you could capture the final area without winning... and your toxin barrels stacks even spawned here, then after 12 seconds you won.

CFDcSu7.jpg

What world do we live in?

Anyways, back to serious and on topic.

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

be919aea523cdc4dd00de8251c0e0096.png

I guess at least 133 did?

Yes, this was specifically on playing 10 days out of 14, I know, I just had to give a number for the meme of it. Still, it's the same idea just to a lesser extent. Ultimately, if people on the forums are upset about something, IDK why you wouldn't assume an equal percentage of the non-vocal playerbase feels the same way.

I really wish people would just stop with the bullshoot "but people who don't talk on the forums have opinions too" argument, because it has no bearing on anything 99% of the time.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

be919aea523cdc4dd00de8251c0e0096.png

I guess at least 133 did?

182*

Ultimately, if people on the forums are upset about something, IDK why you wouldn't assume an equal percentage of the non-vocal playerbase feels the same way.

Because that simply isn't how it works. They may agree, and they may not. We simply do not know. 

CFDcSu7.jpg

What world do we live in?

Personal insults aside, it looks like LO saw that 

poll and listened. They cut the number from 10/14 days to 5/14 days. If you'd like to know how the forums feels about the new number, you need to make another poll. Same applies to wanting to know if players prefer roles vs dailies. But then again if you can probably guess if players would prefer rewards be easier or harder to get. 

But surely you can understand why a company would WANT to encourage players to play more, no? Seems pretty simple to me. 

I really wish people would just stop with the bullshoot "but people who don't talk on the forums have opinions too" argument, because it has no bearing on anything 99% of the time.

If player opinions don't matter, then what are we even talking about?

Edited by CookiePuss

12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Because that simply isn't how it works. They may agree, and they may not. We simply do not know.

That's why the argument is entirely a moot point.

12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Personal insults aside. . .

It wasn't an insult, it was a joke. Why in the world would I be insulting someone for being too active on the forums when I have the 8th most posts of anyone on the forums?

In serious, I feel like you need to step back and chill a lot more than Darkzero. I suggest leaving your posts for a while before you post them, and re-reading them to see if you wrote them with the wrong emotions or don't think what you wrote anymore: this is something I wish I did more.

13 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

. . . it looks like LO saw that poll and listened. They cut the number from 10/14 days to 5/14 days. If you'd like to know how the forums feels about the new number, you need to make another poll. Same applies to wanting to know if players prefer roles vs dailies.

I already basically said this myself in the post you're responding to, so. . . I agree?

That said, I'm not sure why someone would prefer being required to play at the game's pace instead of their own.

14 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

But surely you can understand why a company would WANT to encourage players to play more, no? Seems pretty simple to me.

Yes. I also understand that requiring me to play too much is the single biggest reason why I swore I would never player Overwatch seriously again, and haven't played more than a few matches a month since.

Expecting players to continually devote time across multiple days to get shit instead of doing it at their own pace is awful, causes stress, and can ultimately have negative effects on people's lives. When I was doing the Halloween event I was an angry, annoying person, same as OW events, same as Autumn Assault, and same to some extent as some RP events such as the purple pumpkins.

Getting people to play games by forcing them to play on a schedule the game dictates over an event duration is something that I've only ever seen create stress and hate from my experience in many MMOs and online games. Ask yourself why someone would play APB more in the long-term because they was forced to play an event over 5 days instead of at my own pace? Does that make any sense? What I personally find is it turns the event into a chore instead of something people want to do, ultimately trading out long-term happiness for short-term playtime (or not: I actually probably played APB less on some days during Halloween because I was fed up with APB.)

Things often aren't as simple as they seem, hence how much of videogame marketing right now is causing an implosion.

21 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

If player opinions don't matter, then what are we even talking about?

Cooky, you're better than this: you know me and you know this isn't something I would say or think.

You seriously, actually think that I think what you said?

What I said is that opinions we don't know and have no way of knowing, and can reasonably assume are proportionately split in the same way as forum users, don't really have any bearing on arguments on the forums. The sentence you quoted specifically was in context of the "paragraph" above it, but separated to emphasize it, and you should know better than to think you can read each paragraph as separate from the whole of the post, much less the paragraph before it.

46 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

~snip~

Personal insults aside, I think you've gone off the deep end my friend.

Take care.

Edited by CookiePuss

Hold up. There's 4 teams? This is not epidemic at all..

"Rudolph's out for blood."

48364602_2272866059413610_73346547353051

"Get cracking or die trying."

48418694_2272864912747058_92193182147925

"No kisses here."

48412160_2272863689413847_46431333566518

"Stay cool"

48363101_2272768579423358_26247816885672

"It’s a hybrid of Battle Royale with Territory Control elements where the players choose the blocks of the map the close."

*choose the blocks of the map that close.

Edited by Zolerox

Is this even released in the live game or, is it a thing in OTW still?

1 minute ago, IRyanI said:

dec 19th

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Personal insults aside, I think you've gone off the deep end my friend.

Take care.

You too, lol.

2 hours ago, Zolerox said:

~snip~

Having played the mode, it really feels nothing like Battle Royale or Epidemic. It's pretty fun despite a few issues.

1 hour ago, moneychixx said:

Can we still earn the Elf Hat with the elf ears this year ?

Yeah, while I like the fact that they're separated, I was kinda' wondering that myself seeming as it takes up less wardrobe space.

2 hours ago, moneychixx said:

Can we still earn the Elf Hat with the elf ears this year ?

Elf hat seems to no longer be shown as a reward.

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

looks like you're just answering any topic trying to get cheap popularity .  

8408 posts

Edited by Yood
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Yood said:

looks like you're just answering any topic trying to get cheap popularity .

what?

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

what?

Double stings, doesn't it?

e6gqlTn.gif

4 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

Double stings, doesn't it?

[gif]

i was just confused as to why an ontopic, helpful post tipped yood into attack mode

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i was just confused as to why an ontopic, helpful post tipped yood into attack mode

Attacking an on-topic post by Cookie using your like/post count is confusing to you?

Consider yourself Yood'd, homes.

15 hours ago, kappa 123321 said:

are these rewards a joke? are you kidding me wtf is that trash rewards ew 

I'm hurt. I made that Rudolph Nose myself.

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Good catch. That was a mistake. It was pointed out to me after we posted the rewards that the Elf Hat wasn't in the reward list.

11 hours ago, Kewlin said:

Expecting players to continually devote time across multiple days to get shit instead of doing it at their own pace is awful, causes stress, and can ultimately have negative effects on people's lives. When I was doing the Halloween event I was an angry, annoying person, same as OW events, same as Autumn Assault, and same to some extent as some RP events such as the purple pumpkins.

I respect your opinion. You raised some good points during the last event, and we have tried to address most of them.

The problem with only doing a role is that people blow it out in a single day and then move on.

We're attempting to find a middle ground, and after this event we'll do another round of feedback to see how people felt.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MattScott said:

I'm hurt. I made that Rudolph Nose myself.

yt.gif

8 hours ago, IRyanI said:

This goes live tomorrow on the 19th.

• Like 1