Lixil

APB Holiday Events 2018 (Updated)

4 minutes ago, Frosi said:

This goes live tomorrow on the 19th.

This question was already answered. thank you though 😄

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

I respect your opinion. You raised some good points during the last event, and we have tried to address most of them.

The problem with only doing a role is that people blow it out in a single day and then move on.

We're attempting to find a middle ground, and after this event we'll do another round of feedback to see how people felt.

@MattScott. I had brought this up back during halloween and just again yesterday, having the roles as primary with the addition of dailies is a good way to go about it. This way it allows ppl to go about the rewards at their own pace while logging in multiple days for the dailies. This is the exact middle ground that works both ways and will bring plenty of rewards for those new and old alike. You have some roles that are hard to accomplish for those vets and those looking for a challenge and exclusive rewards and some roles that are easy for those newer players to get rewards and the dailies are middle tier neither hard nor easy and rewards for those arent so common.

11 hours ago, MattScott said:

I respect your opinion. You raised some good points during the last event, and we have tried to address most of them.

The problem with only doing a role is that people blow it out in a single day and then move on.

We're attempting to find a middle ground, and after this event we'll do another round of feedback to see how people felt.

Thanks.

As I kinda' said previously in the thread, I think this solution is mostly good. It probably works for like 95% of all people, so that's pretty dang close, at the very least.

5?

ok i give up , i'm expecting another 12 teams (i know event comes out today i'm just kidding

Fear the ghosts.

48269137_2272867522746797_64913294069952

Looking forward to the event, as it's "necessary" to play at least 5 days of the event till you unlock everything my guide at Maximum human effort will be done in 5 days and useful for the rest of the event. 

@MattScott

any sneak peek at what the "team decals" are before it starts?

and a quote from their twitter in case you missed it.

"It’s a hybrid of Battle Royale with Territory Control elements where the players choose the blocks of the map the close."

*choose the blocks of the map that close.

Edited by Zolerox

5 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

Daily activities wouldn't load, Deja Vu anyone?

it seems they do not auto assign, you need to select it from the contact in the district.

Edited by YumiSakura
not too sure about beacon though

From what I know... at least for now. Point holding activity is bugged and don't work...

Don't take me wrong. I like event but it's always disaster because of this engine...

Edited by Mitne

26 minutes ago, Mitne said:

From what I know... at least for now. Point holding activity is bugged and don't work...

Don't take me wrong. I like event but it's always disaster because of this engine...

I had the same activity and despite it not progressing the first couple of rounds it did work after that.

I was even able to complete it before the servers went down to fix that client crashing issue.

Since it's not clear what's producing this issue it's hard to pinpoint a fix or work-around for it.

The Golden statement in QA (or so I've heard): "If we can reproduce it, then we can likely fix it."

1 minute ago, Kevkof said:

I had the same activity and despite it not progressing the first couple of rounds it did work after that.

I was even able to complete it before the servers went down to fix that client crashing issue.

Since it's not clear what's producing this issue it's hard to pinpoint a fix or work-around for it.

The Golden statement in QA (or so I've heard): "If we can reproduce it, then we can likely fix it."

I though we are QA.

That's why OTW after all right? (Also you are QA as SPCT <.<)

Edited by Mitne

11 minutes ago, Yood said:

why can't I find the symbols in Armas ?

0top75aJ0G.jpg

Maybe like they did with the Halloween event ? 

Some hours later you will be able (or not) to buy them from Armas.

30 minutes ago, Fumiku said:

Maybe like they did with the Halloween event ? 

Some hours later you will be able (or not) to buy them from Armas.

I want everything ! in the past event you could only get a few

iw3L637cs5.jpg

47 minutes ago, Yood said:

I want everything ! in the past event you could only get a few

iw3L637cs5.jpg

If you read the "rewards table" picture you would see the "team decals" are unlocked so expect to get everything... this time.

50 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

If you read the "rewards table" picture you would see the "team decals" are unlocked so expect to get everything... this time.

maybe I don't want to play , no time -  Zolerox can I buy pictures ?

sUrR4RsLT5.jpg

Edited by Yood

14 minutes ago, Yood said:

maybe I don't want to play , no time -  Zolerox can I buy pictures ?

As of now, no you cannot.

the first day of Daily Activity is a failure for technical reasons.

Edited by Yood

Hi all,

We are very sorry for the delay.

The issue was related to how mission objectives show up in the client in any action district. It affected players in full districts the most with about 50% of them crashing. If the bug had been limited to just the Slay Bells districts then we would have left everything else up, but all players had a random chance of crashing.

Apologies,

Matt

• Thanks 1

Dear MattScott,

Some people seem to be in a hurry now and are playing unfair. Loaded into the district and was getting shot and snowballed nstantly from half-way across the district. GG. EZ's after the nice match.This was the chat at the time:

1XY4W83.png

I guess I'll link to this in the cheater topic.

• Like 1

I'm not getting rewards for winning either event. ?_?

2 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

I'm not getting rewards for winning either event. ?_?

I'm getting the rewards but I'm not advancing towards Slay Bells even though I completed the daily in Beacon 😕

“complete 5 rounds capturing Checkpoints”- Daily Event (Slay Bells Event) and “reach weapon tier 5”- daily Event (12 Deaths... Event, Beacon) are bugged.

“complete 5 rounds capturing Checkpoints” doesn’t progress for me at all.

“reach weapon tier 5” progresses and finished for me but doesn’t go towards Slay Bells achievement. Had this on two characters and on none of them counted towards Slay Bells achievement.

Did someone experienced something similar yet?

Not sure if is intended or not but the kills in '12 deaths of Christmas' do not count for your total kills on your character I find this disappointing.
Overall the event is very nice just like the new Slay Bells. Bit hard to understand at first but it is fun.

51 minutes ago, M4N!4C said:

“complete 5 rounds capturing Checkpoints”- Daily Event (Slay Bells Event) and “reach weapon tier 5”- daily Event (12 Deaths... Event, Beacon) are bugged.

“complete 5 rounds capturing Checkpoints” doesn’t progress for me at all.

“reach weapon tier 5” progresses and finished for me but doesn’t go towards Slay Bells achievement. Had this on two characters and on none of them counted towards Slay Bells achievement.

Did someone experienced something similar yet?

And also yes I have experienced this as well. I think this is a glitch.
This is not the only bug I have experienced so far.
I find it a bit of a pain to walk to the contact and accept the daily without it being auto selected when joining the district.

Edited by Leander465
Adding some bugs