Lixil

APB Holiday Events 2018 (Updated)

wC6xUSp.png

Ho-Ho-Hope you're ready for some holiday fun!

This year, we have a bunch of different ways to celebrate the Season - APB style.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

SLAY BELLS (PC only):

A cold front is descending on San Paro. Blocks are freezing over. Capture, control and defend your turf while watching other teams get iced out. In this all new event, simply capture a checkpoint and hold it until the round is over. Stay alive and survive in this exciting challenge.

And what about weapons, you ask? Nothing but the best hardware for a hardcore snowball fight! The HoHoHoPGLS has been in a box in the basement itching to unleash havoc. 

Grab one, load it up with snowballs and get ready to ice some people.

Here is a link to more information: https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2018/12/7/new-apb-event-slay-bells

Slay Bells launches on December 19th and will run through January 1st.

Here is a breakdown of the rewards:

rewards.png

NOTE: Activities work in both the Slay Bells event district and Beacon, so you can finish in 5 days.

vinyl.jpg

clothing2.jpg

santassleigh.jpg

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

HOLIDAY 2018 (PC & Console)

Beacon is back and the rest of San Paro is getting into the festive spirit! This holiday, players can work their way through the under-construction skyscraper and join in the district wide Snow Ball Fight or fight through the 12 Deaths of Christmas event. There are twelve levels of different guns, every time you reach enough points/kills with a gun, you will advance to the next one.

tier.png

Kill enemies and strive your way to the final level, snowball. What better way to finish a game than having to smash a snowball in someone's face? The first player who gets to the last level and gets a kill with the snowball wins the game.

Being a part of the 12 Deaths of Christmas is being rewarded with Secret Santa Gift Boxes. These are boxes contain a variety of Armas weapons for you to use in mission districts. Keep the spawned weapon for yourself, or hand it to a friend to assist you in battle. And be sure to stop by the Elf Contacts in Financial to get more goodies for helping them.

UGLY SWEATER CREATIVE CHALLENGE 

Our latest Creative Challenge has just begun! The goal is to create a festive sweater! Redeem code "APBXMAS" for 2 days of Premium on us. Submit entries using the hashtag #APBXMAS, you have until Jan 2nd! First place wins a custom title, 1k G1C and 15 days of Premium. Have fun!

sweater.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 5

Sounds fun. Curious to see how it'll play out! At the very least I'm happy to have Beacon back for a bit. With a fun mode to boot. Plus it shouldn't have the same problems the autumn event did given the map size, woo! 

Even if I'll probably wind up learning to hate it again over the course of the event. Fun place.. in small doses. Moving on.

Edit: not a big fan of the dailies. They feel very forced. Seemingly only there to serve as a mechanic to try and coerce people into playing constantly. Rather than when they choose to. In my case it only makes me not want to bother because of how tedious it feels.

Strongly prefer simply having a role and calling it a day.

Edited by Genobee

17 hours ago, Lixil said:

EU OTW 

i assume this means european and not engine upgrade

regardless this is a really good step forward, i remember a lot of complaints during initial weapon balancing from eu players about not being able to properly test things on otw

Good stuff.

One of these days.... Snowparo!

dontkillmeplz

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Would it be possible to have new/different guns for the 12 levels in 12 Deaths of Christmas? They've been the same for a while now and it wouldn't hurt to change it up a bit

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

Would it be possible to have new/different guns for the 12 levels in 12 Deaths of Christmas? They've been the same for a while now and it wouldn't hurt to change it up a bit

That is not the main event this yr, the slay bells is the featured event this xmas. Gun games is just back by popular demand and might not have the rewards it had in yrs past.

Just now, Darkzero3802 said:

That is not the main event this yr, the slay bells is the featured event this xmas. Gun games is just back by popular demand and might not have the rewards it had in yrs past.

doesn't hurt to ask ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Please continue the event sometime into January, for those of us travelling for the holidays. Sounds good tho. Any sales or promotions?

Awesome, Beacon is back! Will we use our own guns in the Slay Bells event or will it only be HoHoHoPGLs?

Also, art is on point, love the design.

On 12/7/2018 at 5:34 AM, Lixil said:

HOLIDAY 2018 (PC & Console)

Beacon is back and the rest of San Paro is getting into the festive spirit! This holiday, players can work their way through the under-construction skyscraper and join in the district wide Snow Ball Fight or fight through the 12 Deaths of Christmas event. There are twelve levels of different guns, every time you reach enough points/kills with a gun, you will advance to the next one.

Kill enemies and strive your way to the final level, snowball. What better way to finish a game than having to smash a snowball in someone's face? The first player who gets to the last level and gets a kill with the snowball wins the game.

1502818878530.jpg

another round of gun game, don't mind if i do

Edited by K3ith
  • Like 1

Count me in. I help ya with this event.

1 hour ago, Bellenettiel said:

I feel attacked.

RIP

Nothing is better than the beacon and my yearly 200+ blitzkrieg 4 medals 😄

I really hope the "Slay Bells" event isn't yet another 80 player district.

• Like 1

why are the rewards so bad? It doesnt encourage me to even try it out. What about some APB$ or exclusive and special weapon skins or any kind of accessorie?

1 minute ago, foolish ninja said:

why are the rewards so bad? It doesnt encourage me to even try it out. What about some APB$ or exclusive and special weapon skins or any kind of accessorie?

It might be nice to just give LO a break on the events for once. We don't even know the rewards for the sweater contest or the new event and you're already complaining they aren't good enough.

Lol.

3 hours ago, Bellenettiel said:

I feel attacked.

*Gropes Bellenettiel*

49 minutes ago, GhosT said:

I really hope the "Slay Bells" event isn't yet another 80 player district.

districts used to be 100 *shrugs*

5 minutes ago, foolish ninja said:

I did not  see any rewards announced for this event yet. plus with the  autumn event the joker tickets were in so high of demand that not everyone could get the skin.

Adding any g1c to that formula would only make things worse than the autumn event.

some of us were discouraged from playing the autumn event because we knew how it would turn out from the past over the years and adding g1c to that would definitely make things worse not better

9 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

It might be nice to just give LO a break on the events for once. We don't even know the rewards for the sweater contest or the new event and you're already complaining they aren't good enough.

Lol.

agreed.  that's also why I'm so grateful for them taking the time to do this for us even though they are so busy.

I hope we didn't set the engine back from wanting new events so much but at the same time we definitely need some new fun after so many years of the same things....torn between the two.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Lol.

It says right in the description that you get the gift box as reward and i assume its the only reward you get, otherwise they would say it.

Also adding any kind of different reward shouldnt be that complicated. Im also not talking exclusively of this event, im also refering to past events.

24 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

I did not  see any rewards announced for this event yet. plus with the  autumn event the joker tickets were in so high of demand that not everyone could get the skin.

Adding any g1c to that formula would only make things worse than the autumn event.

some of us were discouraged from playing the autumn event because we knew how it would turn out from the past over the years and adding g1c to that would definitely make things worse not better

agreed.  that's also why I'm so grateful for them taking the time to do this for us even though they are so busy.

I hope we didn't set the engine back from wanting new events so much but at the same time we definitely need some new fun after so many years of the same things....torn between the two.

APB$ is not g1c.

Also dont compare a flawed event with any successful event. You can add good rewards, and you can also make a good event.

25 minutes ago, foolish ninja said:

It says right in the description that you get the gift box as reward and i assume its the only reward you get, otherwise they would say it.

Also adding any kind of different reward shouldnt be that complicated. Im also not talking exclusively of this event, im also refering to past events.

Read harder:

22 hours ago, Lixil said:

The Slay Bells Event begins later this month, the exact time of launch and specific rewards will be announced later.

1 hour ago, foolish ninja said:

APB$ is not g1c.

Also dont compare a flawed event with any successful event. You can add good rewards, and you can also make a good event.

Not my fault you make it sound wrong. And even then who wants regular cash when ram raiding and arrests does better?

Also learning from the past is always important. Past events are always important to pay attention to.

“Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.”
― Edmund Burke

And finally it was stated how  rewards will be announced later so chill please I don't want my snow melting