Sign in to follow this  
Player1

Does players with high ping have an advantage ?

No we don't , but there's one thing we miss there , people tend to now know the difference between high ping and packet loss .

You're talking about people "ice skating" that is mostly caused by packet loss , wich means an unstable connection , basically means , that your APB client and the server aren't communicating properly , you can have 20ms or even lower , but if you have packet loss , you will still have rollbacks , and many other issues with the game .

Here im talking as a 220 MS player and what i can say is having a high ping only affects ME and not others , but i can say that only because i have no packet loss

unknown.png

People say "man if i get to [insert ping 5 times higher than usual] ms , i can't game at all how can you play like this ?!" things those people don't understand is that their sudent lag peaks are caused by them having packet loss(unstable connection) , as having packet loss will make your ping go higher (because the server takes longer to respond as data doesn't even get to it).

As my internet is very stable, people never ever see me teleporting or having any sort of lag , and no one is aware that im playing with such a high latency , the only thing they see , is that i have a very bad reaction time  , basically when im starting to get shot at on my screen , it's something that already happened 220ms ago , wich is aproximatively a third of a kill in APB, also if i shoot that person back, i will see a hitmarker only 220ms after i shoot him, this, in no way can affect me positively .

Now let's see it from the point of view from someone that has actual lag (packet loss) at all times , this is a very tricky question to respond to , as lag can affect both players negatively , not only you're teleporting on your enemy's screen , but you are also having a lot of inconsitencies on your side (can't enter a car , can't equip a nade / throw a nade properly , terrible driving).

While this sounds horrible , lag can in some cases give you an unfair advantage depending on how the game works , but in apb it CAN give you an advantage but most likely wont  , a simple exemple of it would be: on your screen you jump out of a corner and can see the enemy , and start shoot him 5 times  but your clien't doesn't suceed at sending that data to the server , meanwhile on the enemy's screen he just doesn't see you , nothing happened yet , until you suddently appear in front of him and shoots 5 times in less than a third of a second taking him by surprise only because of your lag , this is a scenario that happends time to times with people with unstable connections .

But as cool as this sounds , this is absolutely not an advantage in most other cases , as it will only had randomness to your gameplay experience for most other things .

TLDR : Does a high ping player with a stable connection have an advantage over others , absolutely not?

Does a lagging player have an adventage over others ? In rare cases yes , most of the time no.

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 1

On 12/7/2018 at 4:03 PM, Ketog said:

unknown.png

K9CMky5RNI.jpg

it's forbidden . posted as a demonstration ( the picture was taken in the social network Facebook )

ping is a significant advantage in online games .

6 hours ago, Yood said:

K9CMky5RNI.jpg

it's forbidden . posted as a demonstration ( the picture was taken in the social network Facebook )

ping is a significant advantage in online games .

what ?

not only i don't understand why you quoted me but i don't understand your whole post.

1 minute ago, Ketog said:

what ?

not only i don't understand why you quoted me but i don't understand your whole post.

Google helps . ping is a significant advantage in online games .

1 hour ago, Ketog said:

what ?

1 hour ago, Yood said:

Google helps . ping is a significant advantage in online games .

I believe yood is just talking to you how ping is bad for some player in that picture he added to the point that they are selling an account.

yood normally talks about the low player count and what ping people have.

They do, but they also have a massive disadvantage. Playing with a high ping won't make you a better player. If anything, it makes you worse.

On 12/7/2018 at 3:16 AM, EDDYWRECKER said:

I used to play with a 300+ ping, then down to 140 when I changed server, then down to 40 on HAN on a good day from Australia so I think I know something about this.

300+ bad hitreg and you die heaps, time to do cj3 shaw and kev3 and corner camp to get kills

140ish you can be competitive but low ping players can outright murder you

40 mate after playing shit ping all that time HAN was a paradise, lots of players with bad comps, bad pings, didnt know how to play I would go 20 kills 4 deaths most matches with stock weapons.

Draw what ever conclusion you wish from this

Sounds like you didn't adapt to high ping and you had to git gut

27 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

Sounds like you didn't adapt to high ping and you had to git gut

I was gold with a 300+ ping on US server .... so your point was?

The higher the latency, the worse you play (because having high latency against low latency users is a disadvantage). Have you ever tried to play with 100-200 ms? you can barely drive a car or cook a nade..

semi auto guns like obeya fbw, obeya cr762 and carbine SUCK with high latency, also, with low latency the animation when you shoot isn't the same as when you have high latency. Low latency feels like it has no ghost shots, unlike high latency.

On 12/7/2018 at 2:06 AM, CookiePuss said:

No. 

it's scary to think what you can do with the game ! Google to help ! just do not confuse the understanding of the difference between FPS and PING !

5 minutes ago, Yood said:

it's scary to think what you can do with the game ! Google to help ! just do not confuse the understanding of the difference between FPS and PING !

Thanks Yood!

20 hours ago, EDDYWRECKER said:

I was gold with a 300+ ping on US server .... so your point was?

1. was ! 2 you can sometimes becomes gold by playing with ping in 300 MS after several successful missions .  but you will never be able to hold it while playing against a low ping player .

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Thanks Yood!

it's nothing personal Cookie )  I was raised To always tell the truth . don't take it personally .

it's nothing personal Cookie )  I was raised To always tell the truth . don't take it personally .

I just wish you were raised to speak English TBH. I never have a clue as to what you are trying to say. 

Just now, CookiePuss said:

I just wish you were raised to speak English TBH. I never have a clue as to what you are trying to say. 

You took it personally

8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

read the words . use your brain . there are no translation problems .

Edited by Yood

read the words . use your brain . there are no translation problems .

My bad homie. 

3 hours ago, Yood said:

1. was ! 2 you can sometimes becomes gold by playing with ping in 300 MS after several successful missions .  but you will never be able to hold it while playing against a low ping player .

There was a lot of other confounding variables resulting in the fluctuation of gold to silver to gold lol it is apb after all.

Being able to hold gold for months is possible, easier if you are in a clan with decent players too. What im saying is players with high ping are still viable, as long as you run the game optimally at your end.

1 hour ago, EDDYWRECKER said:

There was a lot of other confounding variables resulting in the fluctuation of gold to silver to gold lol it is apb after all.

Being able to hold gold for months is possible, easier if you are in a clan with decent players too. What im saying is players with high ping are still viable, as long as you run the game optimally at your end.

I saw so many times when the gold players left the matches as soon as the situation became sad for them . get the gold threat level and shake for fear of losing it ? not an option .

Edited by Yood
  • Like 1

On 12/7/2018 at 5:03 PM, Ketog said:

TLDR : Does a high ping player with a stable connection have an advantage over others , absolutely not?

Does a lagging player have an advantage over others ? In rare cases yes , most of the time no.

This.png

I can't find the video but they did a comparison ages ago in online games using a Battlefield game and the "advantages" of having high/low ping don't really come in until the player is experiencing something like 800ms+. Of course it also depends on other factors, but the way the difference between 80ms and 180ms is being described it is simply not the case.

Also that ice-skatting effect can be made using Kevlar III which surprisingly enough gives the player more HP. (HP hacks? or Aliens? We'll never know.)

2 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Also that ice-skatting effect can be made using Kevlar III which surprisingly enough gives the player more HP. (HP hacks? or Aliens? We'll never know.)

Kevlar 3 and small ping true Infernal cocktail .

7 hours ago, Yood said:

I saw so many times when the gold players left the matches as soon as the situation became sad for them . get the gold threat level and shake for fear of losing it ? not an option .

The fuck has that got to do with anything?

Sign in to follow this