Nejekur

Did they ever Nerf the NTEC?

19 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

The year is 2020. Silvers complained about golds using the NTEC enough that it was nerfed in to the ground. All NTEC players are kicked from  missions unless they at least switch to LTL or better. Free players no longer have an AR to use so the OCA and HVR get an indirect buff. ARMAS players are accused of being p2w for simply buying any AR at all. The silvers now complain about deleting all ARs from the game because it provides a type of gameplay that they cannot get freely.  Silvers still complain about losing to golds even when using the nerfed NTEC that now takes 3 mags to kill someone between the ranges of 40-45m only.

LO creates a poll offering to hand out free lifetime account bound versions of ALL ARs to all players. Golds decide to rig the poll and silvers decide to continue complaining about both golds and LO in-game and on the forum.

Prunes are now the official currency in the Euro-zone. Consequence being that prunes are too valuable to consume, so old people are shitting their pants from no longer being able to shit their pants.

Edited by AsgerLund

2 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

LO creates a poll offering to hand out free lifetime account bound versions of ALL ARs to all players. Golds decide to rig the poll and silvers decide to continue complaining about both golds and LO in-game and on the forum.

Prunes are now the official currency in the Euro-zone. Consequence being that prunes are too valuable to consume, so old people are shitting their pants from no longer being able to shit their pants.

Pretty sure prunes are now a copyrighted name and now come under Article 13. Big Brother does not like that. Enjoy gaol you terrorist scum.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

Each first place in FC is the NTEC users mostly. But I don’t see any problem in this. NTEC is good but obviously not OP. Here is another sad fact - STAR isn’t that good as NTEC in comparison spread/RoF. Second “not that bad assault rifles” is - CR5 and VAS. But they are not for $APB.

~NTEC is n1 FREE assault rifle. This is why he’s so popular not because he is OP. You can easily up your skill with the STAR and beat NTEC from up to 50m. Free good weapon which while using well can fuck up everyone.

6 minutes ago, PACwoMAN said:

Each first place in FC is the NTEC users mostly. But I don’t see any problem in this. NTEC is good but obviously not OP. Here is another sad fact - STAR isn’t that good as NTEC in comparison spread/RoF. Second “not that bad assault rifles” is - CR5 and VAS. But they are not for $APB.

~NTEC is n1 FREE assault rifle. This is why he’s so popular not because he is OP. You can easily up your skill with the STAR and beat NTEC from up to 50m. Free good weapon which while using well can fuck up everyone.

In my experience, CR5 and VAS are on par with N-TEC.

Edited by AsgerLund

12 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

In my experience, CR5 and VAS are on par with N-TEC.

Na. CR5 is the p2w version of the NTEC. It has better accuracy and faster fire rate.

13 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Na. CR5 is the p2w version of the NTEC. It has better accuracy and faster fire rate.

It sounds better that helps you to control RoF. IMO. You just hear each shot without those ghost shots. Each “pew” - hit. NTEC mostly makes “1.5”/2 sounds per actual shot.

Edited by PACwoMAN

2 minutes ago, PACwoMAN said:

It sounds better that helps you to control RoF. IMO. You just hear each shot without those ghost shots. Each “pew” - hit. NTEC mostly makes “1.5”/2 sounds per actual shot.

That is the issue though. The sound if what actually made the fire rate bugged. The sound file for the CR5 is shorter than the NTEC so it fires faster. Its a bug.

2 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

That is the issue though. The sound if what actually made the fire rate bugged. The sound file for the CR5 is shorter than the NTEC so it fires faster. Its a bug.

Ah, so it's a firerate thing. Like with the Yukon.

Will they fix hipfire on the VAS to make it less OP? If yes, the ARMAS price should go down also.

Well, in my opinion it goes beyond ...ah whatever, just read the TL;DR and be done with it.

N-TEC 5 NTEC 7 and ATAC are top tier AR:

N-TEC 5 is the most versatile and efficient AR overall

N-TEC 7 has the best tap-fire (although no TTK gain against a fragile opponent afaik)

ATAC is just ridiculously strong in close-mid range, no need to argue.

The reason why N-TEC 5 is so present is because it's useful in all situations, be it close-range or long-range.

S1-FA Frenzy has low damage per bullet + huge kickback so it's harder to achieve the same result with a frenzy than with an N-TEC 5.

FAR has a stupidly low ammount of damage/mag and while it has better tap-fire (and worse full auto) than the STAR-556 it's still not as good as the N-TEC 5 in that regard. Sure it has no kickback and is easier to use, but that doesn't compare to the much better marksman modifier on the N-TEC. Fun but not worth it.

STAR-556 while having less max bloom and being better in close-mid range doesn't have enough accuracy to be worth tap-firing; and losing the long range for some slightly better close range doesn't cut it.

COBR-A: no idea. Why bother, I mean come on .85 TTK and 50m range. I'm not saying that it's a better or worse weapon, just that it's not competing in the same category therefore there's no real point in comparing them.

STAR-LCR: here again, different category.

AR-97 'Misery': same. Obeya cr762 is clother to the N-TEC than this.

Raptor 45: poor man's ATAC with a twist.

N-ISSR-A: this weapon was a mistake.

ACES: fakest SMG

N-TEC 5 is best AR because it is effective for the largest distance range. Decent CQC, packs the best damage/mag, can be used in full-auto at closer ranges (much more efficiently than an N-TEC 7), top-tier marksmanship accuracy, is still efficient beyond the 60m mark.

It's not worth losing the versatility of an N-TEC 5 to switch to another weapon except in situational cases.

TL;DR

0) Yes, the N-TEC 5 is the better choice overall.

1) No, it's not OP

2) Having a "stapple" weapon isn't a bad thing per se

3) There's no simple way to "fix" it without breaking the game

4) IR is a bigger problem than the N-TEC 5; especially with a max draw distance of 100m. But then, snipers are hitscan so eh what the heck you gon' do 'bout it

• Like 1

The bloom curve was removed from the N-TEC. This was a buff and a nerf. It nerfed burst shooting slightly, but make tap firing more reliable. Regardless, it didn't change the N-TEC enough to matter.

IR3 was changed, but it affected too many weapons negatively that they decided to revert it. Carbines, like the Joker Carbine, VBR, and OSCAR had their max range nerfed from 40M to 35M, but I'm not sure when this was done.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2018 at 11:25 PM, Nite said:

huh, ok this sounds like a fun-ish excercise. here's one: Misery.

EDIT: and come up with something other than it being a 5shot kill gun please.

Lol. Haha. He gotcha AllaboutmeBoy

14 hours ago, Lign said:

Ntec is the most popular weapon because it’s the most versatile, not becuase it’s f2p and well known ‘ak-47’. When I play for fun against average players I don’t use it, but when I get decent opposition they force me to switch to ntec. I usually see the same behavior from my friends and opponents who knows me. 

Ntec is a lazy gun because you don’t need to switch to other weapons depending on situation. You can be beast wherever you want with only ntec

I think you were trying to disagree with me, but that doesn't even go against what I'm saying, so I'm confused. (Though it's not really all that debatable that the N-TEC would not be as popular if it were an ARMAS gun, but I get what you're saying.)

Did I ever say the N-TEC wasn't extremely versatile? My second point is exactly what you're saying, the only difference being I don't think anyone's ever been "forced" to use the N-TEC. The fact is though, just because you don't need to switch to different guns depending on the situation if you're using the N-TEC, doesn't mean other guns aren't vastly better in different situations.

14 hours ago, Lign said:

I know right, ppl are so selfish on apb forums 

What does that even have to do with being selfish? I'm confused.

6 hours ago, Onadan said:

~snip~

I agree with your post pretty much overall for sure, but I very much can't agree on the point of the FAR, so that's all I'll contest.  ; P

(I also think the STAR is just as good as the N-TEC, but that's a tired discussion.)

5 hours ago, Onadan said:

FAR has a stupidly low ammount of damage/mag

I can't really say 3 kills per mag is "stupidly low," and the gun reloads faster: it's a trade-off. (Though yes, I'm aware that the STAR with MP3 has better magazine stats than the FAR, but still, I've never really had issues with the FAR's magazine.)

5 hours ago, Onadan said:

Sure is has no kickback and is easier to use, but that doesn't compare to the much better marksman modifier on the N-TEC.

Are you referring to the FAR or STAR here? Because while the STAR is less accurate than the N-TEC in MM, with the FAR it's a toss-up between the two.

The N-TEC has a base accuracy of 24cm at 10m with an MM mod of 0.35, which multiplies out to 8.4cm radius at 10m, and the FAR has a base accuracy of 18cm at 10m with an MM mod of 0.45, multiplying out to 8.1cm at 10m, so without HS3 the FAR is actually slightly more accurate both in and out of MM.

If you equip HS3 the N-TEC and FAR's MM mods go down to 0.20 and 0.30 respectively, for radiuses at 10m of 4.8cm and 5.4cm. So if you convert that to a diameter, that means the FAR has 1.2cm more spread per 10m with HS3, which while less I can't say that's really the FAR "not comparing" to the N-TEC TBH. Given that characters are 68cm wide, and assuming a shot on exactly center of mass, with HS3 the N-TEC can guarantee shots landing out to ~71m, whereas the FAR can guarantee shots out to ~63m.

And with the HS3 stuff aside, I personally always use the FAR with RS1 to allow it to be a much more close-range friendly gun that I personally find a lot more versatile than the N-TEC. Whichever you think is more versatile though, I think it's pretty easy to say, at least for me, the FAR isn't worse than the N-TEC, it's just intended slightly more for closer ranges, hence the accuracy differences and the FAR being better full-auto.

• Thanks 1

On 12/6/2018 at 10:12 PM, CookiePuss said:

Its fun to use and free?

Using the best weapon the game has to offer is certainly more fun than using an inferior alternative.

The STAR is also free and you get a permanent version, but you hardly ever see anyone use it. If the N-Tec and STAR were on the same level both would be a common sight in high-rank play, right?

15 hours ago, Onadan said:

TL;DR

0) Yes, the N-TEC 5 is the better choice overall.

1) No, it's not OP

2) Having a "stapple" weapon isn't a bad thing per se

3) There's no simple way to "fix" it without breaking the game

You made a very solid argument explaining why the N-Tec is better than all other assault rifles. You could've gone even further and laid out how it beats several SMGs and rifles in their niche.

Nonetheless you came to the conclusion that the N-Tec is not op?

And how would balancing the N-Tec break the game at all!?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

The STAR is also free and you get a permanent version, but you hardly ever see anyone use it. If the N-Tec and STAR were on the same level both would be a common sight in high-rank play, right?

Correct.

14 hours ago, Kewlin said:

I can't really say 3 kills per mag is "stupidly low,"

With N-TEC 5 having 5.9 kills per mag? I'd say it is. Especially when the reload time difference is 0.2s

14 hours ago, Kewlin said:

The N-TEC has a base accuracy of 24cm at 10m with an MM mod of 0.35, which multiplies out to 8.4cm radius at 10m, and the FAR has a base accuracy of 18cm at 10m with an MM mod of 0.45, multiplying out to 8.1cm at 10m, so without HS3 the FAR is actually slightly more accurate both in and out of MM.

If you equip HS3 the N-TEC and FAR's MM mods go down to 0.20 and 0.30 respectively, for radiuses at 10m of 4.8cm and 5.4cm. So if you convert that to a diameter, that means the FAR has 1.2cm more spread per 10m with HS3, which while less I can't say that's really the FAR "not comparing" to the N-TEC TBH. Given that characters are 68cm wide, and assuming a shot on exactly center of mass, with HS3 the N-TEC can guarantee shots landing out to ~71m, whereas the FAR can guarantee shots out to ~63m.

And with the HS3 stuff aside, I personally always use the FAR with RS1 to allow it to be a much more close-range friendly gun that I personally find a lot more versatile than the N-TEC. Whichever you think is more versatile though, I think it's pretty easy to say, at least for me, the FAR isn't worse than the N-TEC, it's just intended slightly more for closer ranges, hence the accuracy differences and the FAR being better full-auto.

Great point, I stand corrected.

WTF WRONG WITH FUCKING NTEC DOSNT NEED SHIT THEY SHOULD NERF THE GUNS THAT IS P2W SHIT FUCKING PAYERS WANT JUST TO WIN NTEC IS NERFED ALREADY GO GET UR URSUS BUT U GONNA BE REKT HAHA