Nejekur

Did they ever Nerf the NTEC?

Exactly what the title says. I stopped playing for awhile a few months after the original balance patch was announced and no ntec next; I checked back after I heard they were testing nerfs for it, and now I came back about a week ago and as far as I can tell nothing's changed about it. Am I right or just missing the changes?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nejekur said:

Exactly what the title says. I stopped playing for awhile a few months after the original balance patch was announced and no ntec next; I checked back after I heard they were testing nerfs for it, and now I came back about a week ago and as far as I can tell nothing's changed about it. Am I right or just missing the changes?

There was talk of nerfing the range of all assault rifles by 5m, but that never happened.

No because there is no need to nerf ntec. There is no need to nerf honestly, only buff little by little.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

WTF is these people problem with ntec?! I dont get it. I srsly dont get it! And I am not enemy ntec user.

Maybe fuking l2 use ur weapon the way its meant to be used, and dont try to beat ntec in its comfortable killing zone

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

WTF is these people problem with ntec?! I dont get it. I srsly dont get it! And I am not enemy ntec user.

Maybe fuking l2 use ur weapon the way its meant to be used, and dont try to beat ntec in its confortable killing zone

You're right, stop using assault rifles and mid range weapons, go only cqc and snipers! But stay out of of the 10m-60m comfort zone! Only go 10-60m if you yourself have an ntec! Great idea!

The ntec is the most versatile AR in the game, and still continues to dominate midrange. It's in clear need of better balancing to allow a number of other AR's to rise. It's not impossible to beat, but lets be honest, if you aren't using an ntec, you're hurting yourself.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Given the polarised response to some of the other re-balance changes (mostly Improved Rifling), LO seems to have backed off of any further re-balancing for the time being.

I guess they're waiting to get other stuff out of the way first (maybe to build up some positive impression) before coming back to it.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

There was talk of nerfing the range of all assault rifles by 5m, but that never happened.

Rip, and I had hopes. Guess they all got scared cause the ntec crowd would have cried a river if they didn't have that 5m extra range

Just now, Nite said:

Given the polarised response to some of the other re-balance changes (mostly Improved Rifling), LO seems to have backed off of any further re-balancing for the time being.

I guess they're waiting to get other stuff out of the way first (maybe to build up some positive impression) before coming back to it.

IR still needs an actual downside though, it's still dumb its negative doesnt actually do anything.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

You're right, stop using assault rifles and mid range weapons, go only cqc and snipers! But stay out of of the 10m-60m comfort zone! Only go 10-60m if you yourself have an ntec! Great idea!

The ntec is the most versatile AR in the game, and still continues to dominate midrange. It's in clear need of better balancing to allow a number of other AR's to rise. It's not impossible to beat, but lets be honest, if you aren't using an ntec, you're hurting yourself.

But other assault rifles have better characteristics than ntec, i dont see why every single one of them need to be the same. Do you want to turn this game boring and without variety?

Edited by SyllyBear

1 minute ago, Noob_Guardian said:

IR still needs an actual downside though, it's still dumb its negative doesnt actually do anything.

I don't disagree, but given how the shotgun rework was a pretty big pill to swallow already (by a playerbase that is very touchy about meta landscape changes) I'm assuming Matt and team might be getting hesitant about adding further pills there for now.

Just now, SyllyBear said:

But other assault rifles has better characteristics than ntec

which other assault rifles?

1 minute ago, Nite said:

I don't disagree, but given how the shotgun rework was a pretty big pill to swallow already (by a playerbase that is very touchy about meta landscape changes) I'm assuming Matt and team might be getting hesitant about adding further pills there for now.

which other assault rifles?

Any other just name one.

Just now, SyllyBear said:

Any other just name one.

Didn't you make the claim that "other assault rifles have better characteristics than the ntec"? Why do I have to come up with the examples?

Just now, Nite said:

Didn't you make the claim that "other assault rifles have better characteristics than the ntec"? Why do I have to come up with the examples?

I didn't tell you to give me examples just name other assault rifle and i will tell you what it does better than ntec, since you seem to not know it.

1 minute ago, SyllyBear said:

I didn't tell you to give me examples just name other assault rifle and i will tell you what it does better than ntec, since you seem to not know it.

huh, ok this sounds like a fun-ish excercise. here's one: Misery.

EDIT: and come up with something other than it being a 5shot kill gun please.

Edited by Nite

3 minutes ago, Nite said:

huh, ok this sounds like a fun-ish excercise. here's one: Misery.

More damage with less rounds.

2 minutes ago, SyllyBear said:

More damage doesn't matter if it can't kill effectively

Cobra? How about

Star has better cqc accuracy but overall its still not as effective as ntec. FAR is almost a star replica, great gun, but still not as good as ntec. Aces Rifle? Again, not as good as ntec. I could go on, but just because a gun is "more damage" or "more accuracy out of marksman" doesn't actually make it better in utility. Otherwise you'd see more of it, and less ntec.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

It also has more pronounced horizontal recoil, slower bloom recovery and a notable bloom spike after the third shot, greatly restricting tap-fire consistency at the further ranges. Hence its not popular even among the people who bought the Rev Pack.

3 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

More damage doesn't matter if it can't kill effectively

Cobra? How about

Star has better cqc accuracy but overall its still not as effective as ntec. FAR is almost a star replica, great gun, but still not as good as ntec. Aces Rifle? Again, not as good as ntec. I could go on, but just because a gun is "more damage" or "more accuracy out of marksman" doesn't actually make it better in utility. Otherwise you'd see more of it, and less ntec.

1 minute ago, Nite said:

It also has more pronounced horizontal recoil, slower bloom recovery and a notable bloom spike after the third shot, greatly restricting tap-fire consistency at the further ranges. Hence its not popular even among the people who bought the Rev Pack.

Maybe you are not using it as it should? You know it has fairly good hard damage and its an assault rifle? You are practically using an alig like gun that can be used on cars?

Maybe you are not using it as it should?

I've used it a lot actually, and post-buff Misery can be really good as a 2 or 3 round burst rifle with the right mods. But when it comes to 50m showdowns there's still always the horizontal drift fighting I have to do and the long wait between bursts, things I just don't have to deal with when I use the ntec.

18 minutes ago, Nite said:

I've used it a lot actually, and post-buff Misery can be really good as a 2 or 3 round burst rifle with the right mods. But when it comes to 50m showdowns there's still always the horizontal drift fighting I have to do and the long wait between bursts, things I just don't have to deal with when I use the ntec.

So for you because it says assault rifle, it has to kill like a ntec at 50m, and thats it. Probably thats your problem? You want every gun the same, and i dont think its a good idea.

Like i said, its strong point is to have a fair good hard damage to use it on car chases. Its like taking an alig and expect it to do good at 80m (or 70?).

30 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Star is amazing firing it hip fire (sometimes i feel like using a pointman gun...). Its a lazor up to 30-35m (you hold click on anything in that range and it dies), and its fairly good after that range. You don't need any mod on it.

Every time i use it my score can go like this. And i ironically find it easier to use than ntec and more effective, which allows me to do better with it than ntec.

Edited by SyllyBear

2 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Not in all ranges N-TEC is superior. Close-up it's beaten by most of other ARs (STAR, FAR), far by other ARs (ISSR-A).

The problem with balancing this weapon is that if you break balance... the next best AR is paid one (FAR Spearhead - slightly better STAR). Imagine how big outcry it would result in.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

Maybe fuking l2 use ur weapon the way its meant to be used, and dont try to beat ntec in its confortable killing zone

The issue is that its comfortable killing zone is a bit too generous for an AR, even more so with IR

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

Wasn't the ntec already nerfed though?

they never went through with the Test-A nerf , unless you mean the super old health damage nerf that broke HB2 on it

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

Wasn't the ntec already nerfed though?

the ntec has been nerfed/altered like 3 or 4 times iirc, not counting orbits most recent (reverted) AR changes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1