Sign in to follow this  
foscor77

how much does having a good pc and internet effect apb gameplay?

i get around 315ms latency and 50 fps and some people told me i shouldnt play this game with such connection unless i plan on playing only against nabs and getting rekt against anybody with over 500 hours of gameplay with better latency.

Which doesn't actually sound like half wrong...so what do you people think?  will i get rekt against someone who has the same amount of hours played as me but just has a better pc, less latency and stuff?

these days im geting rekt a lot for some reason...maybe cuz all the newbies have left and only veterans have remained so im getting matched against them and they have the edge cuz of less latency and stuff?

Edited by foscor77

Just try to enjoy the game, focus on your rank more so than your threat level, it can get pretty toxic. 

• Like 3

A lot. Better pc= better player.

Its been like that since forever on every shooter game.

50fps sounds... okay - but with 300ms you will lag to hell. i used to play like that too and it is virtually impossible to perform on par - you will hate it and people will hate you for lagging around.

so your pc is okay-ish, but ye. internet/your location is a big issue. they might host new servers in more places in future (i assume you live neither in US nor EU) so you might be in luck... but right now i couldnt recommend it.

Edited by neophobia
  • Like 1

I used to play with 25-30FPS and ~250ms. I didn't do too bad but that's because I locked myself to a certain playstyle. Meaning I would rarely challenge players head on and instead sneak my way around the map to catch them off guard. Playing with such conditions isn't ideal by any means, but it does teach you to realize and act upon favorable engagements the hard way.

These days I play with 145 FPS on a 144hz screen and around 20ms to citadel. Which allows me to be much more bold, but traces of that playstyle are still here.

• Like 2

315ms ping is the biggest issue. All your actions are delayed server sided, and you see things happening later than other players. If you get behind cover, the other players will still see you in the open for a moment and be able to hit you. On the other hand, you can do the same, but hitreg is controlled server sided, and tends to favor the lower ping player in APB. Driving is server sided, and I'm sure feels very delayed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, foscor77 said:

-snip-

Player with 312ms ping and 40fps here. Playing in eu since start of 2013. You may find it a lot harder than 80% of the community.

Here is what i do.

As a new player avoid tap firing guns like ntec. Use star556 and use it full auto in close combat and short controlled bursts above 40m. Why we do this? You have a 0.35 sec delay than others in every movement. You cant expect to master ntec right in the start. Practice more with star and if u are confident enough, go with ntec.

Shotguns are a big NO for a high ping player with low fps. Use nfas thats your only option. 

Snipers give u a big advantage. While playing snipers increase your dpi and aim slightly before the player and shoot. Comes by practice..always remember 0.3 sec delay.

Avoid cars at all time. You think u dodged a car, bt it had hit u already and u die. 0.3 sec delay remember that always.

Perfect ttks are almost impossible to make. Ping and ttk are directly proportional. 

Everytime u die, spawn with the mindset im playin with a delay, others aint. Look at someone in the leaderboard below u and if u see a max rank player or let it be a fake gold. Think tht ure better than him and practice and practice.

Keep ur head high.

• Like 1

There a minimum required for PC and internet.

Beyond those wont make you that much better, but coming up shot WILL make you worse.

• Like 1

Having a good enough PC to run the game smoothly (smoother than 50-60+FPS stable) and having decent latency to the server (less than 120ms is playable, beyond that you will suffer for it the higher it is. So no, 315ms is unplayable by any standards) are two of the most important things in every shooter game, not only APB. Especially fast paced ones like APB though. Higher refresh rate monitors (144hz+) are the standard for 2018 gaming as well, so that's not something you should neglect either. As long as you also have the PC components to keep the FPS high enough in the games you play.

• Like 2

only Australians can play with 300ms, big disadvantage. I think you pick the wrong server or poor routing.

Edited by Deadliest

9 hours ago, Deadliest said:

only Australians can play with 300ms, big disadvantage. I think you pick the wrong server or poor routing.

I like to think I have developed the ability to travel through time from years of playing APB at stupid ping. Though I can only travel forward .5 seconds in time. This new supernatural ability mainly helps with driving.

16 hours ago, foscor77 said:

i get around 315ms latency and 50 fps and some people told me i shouldnt play this game with such connection unless i plan on playing only against nabs and getting rekt against anybody with over 500 hours of gameplay with better latency.

Which doesn't actually sound like half wrong...so what do you people think?  will i get rekt against someone who has the same amount of hours played as me but just has a better pc, less latency and stuff?

these days im geting rekt a lot for some reason...maybe cuz all the newbies have left and only veterans have remained so im getting matched against them and they have the edge cuz of less latency and stuff?

A good pc would help but dont forget a good graphics card.

A common one is  Nvidia  GeForce GTX 1050 ti or a 1060 as well. Those two would be affordable and would make a difference.

If a computer has only the graphics it came with and a graphics card was not bought by you for it then it will be slower to process the graphics and also cause lag for you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Deadliest said:

imagine if this guy didn't have 300ms??  would be biggest stomper in apb

On 12/5/2018 at 10:34 PM, foscor77 said:

I played like that for a year still had fun.

I used a shaw for lots of bullets and kev3 to make up for the lag. I went from gold to silver to bronze to silver to gold all the time. Avoid low fire rate guns like shotties and snipers and can still have a lot of fun. Just dont expect to be awesome. And dont hackusate anyone because they arent hacking, the game is just a bit of a mess at your end.

Good luck to you and happy hunting

Oh and use advanced launcher to reduce settings for your pc to run 60fps at least because this will drop horribly in battle, and turn off 'voicevox' in your task manager. Thats all I hqve on that 😁

7 hours ago, EDDYWRECKER said:

I played like that for a year still had fun.

I used a shaw for lots of bullets and kev3 to make up for the lag. I went from gold to silver to bronze to silver to gold all the time. Avoid low fire rate guns like shotties and snipers and can still have a lot of fun. Just dont expect to be awesome. And dont hackusate anyone because they arent hacking, the game is just a bit of a mess at your end.

Good luck to you and happy hunting

Oh and use advanced launcher to reduce settings for your pc to run 60fps at least because this will drop horribly in battle, and turn off 'voicevox' in your task manager. Thats all I hqve on that 😁

advance launcher is confusing,there are too many options....what setting are you talking? i already run the game at minimal graphics.

Honestly , you should be fine if you play apb casually , if you're trying to be very competitive , sadly you won't suceed , but in my opinion you can definetely be a good player even wich such condition .

Tho , configs are a thing you should consider (DM me if you need more info)

It matters a lot, otherwise I'd be gold.

Played in like five times better with 20FPS than now (was gold 8 before and gold 1-3 now). Just because don’t waste much time on APB at this moment. But anyway my answer is - nothing way affected on your game except you.

You can play just fine with 30fps, 200ms and 400dpi $5 mice. Other is called “comfort” - nothing else.

Edited by PACwoMAN

if you're curious if your connection speed matters, it doesn't

my ping and overall game performance with my new 1gb/s internet is just as bad as it was when I had 2mb/s

22 hours ago, foscor77 said:

advance launcher is confusing,there are too many options....what setting are you talking? i already run the game at minimal graphics.

Using advanced launcher? I just used the 2nd to lowest setting you could do, because the lowest one made everyone look like they had been skinned by serial killers.

If you are doing that already beg ya parents for a new toaster for christmas.

Sign in to follow this