BoomLion

APB 2nd wow

On 12/5/2018 at 11:14 AM, Saxtus said:

Got permission from the person that captured a chat from yesterday, to post it here as long I've blurred names:

wQmYD0G.png

How could you stress the staff mentioning cheaters. You are so EVIL and a bad person. Shame on you.

Plus there is barely any cheater in the time ive spent playing apb, for something everyone got unbanned: BECAUSE THERE ARE NO CHEATERS.

To OP, guess why.

edit: that should fall into blurred names and shame.

Edited by SyllyBear

Cheaters or not, toxicity is a real problem and easy to prove, driving away players from the game.

"Toxicity" is the problem, not what causes it.

Ok, thanks thats very informative.

58 minutes ago, SyllyBear said:

"Toxicity" is the problem, not what causes it.

Ok, thanks thats very informative.

You say we're ignoring the problem and disregarding you, I tried to be civil but yeah, I do consider what you say an exaggeration now because I'be been with APB since RTW as well and the experience I've had is surprisingly different than the you share.

You may be right on some issues but the way you go about them is wrong, It only undermines your good points.

I mean no one else that is rational has broken forum rules multiple times and sh-t talked Little Orbit because of a few games.

...and you  can't seriously  blame Little Orbit for the previous years of GamerFirst's lack of care anyway as they've not been here a year.

There will always be cheating but this is a problem with/for you and not many others are kicking no where near as much of a fuss.

1 hour ago, SyllyBear said:

"Toxicity" is the problem

I think this is what they call "irony".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VickyFox said:

You say we're ignoring the problem and disregarding you, I tried to be civil but yeah, I do consider what you say an exaggeration now because I'be been with APB since RTW as well and the experience I've had is surprisingly different than the you share.

You may be right on some issues but the way you go about them is wrong, It only undermines your good points.

I mean no one else that is rational has broken forum rules multiple times and sh-t talked Little Orbit because of a few games.

...and you  can't seriously  blame Little Orbit for the previous years of GamerFirst's lack of care anyway as they've not been here a year.

There will always be cheating but this is a problem with/for you and not many others are kicking no where near as much of a fuss.

Okay cheaters are not a problem; they didnt sink the pop; neither made g1 lose a lot of money (both ways people paying for cheats and people who didnt want to spend in a cheat hole game); a single one with speed hacks didn't made near 40 players drop the game, it was just toxicity; i didnt face a cheater the first match in action district and won him, i am just paranoid. etc etc. everything its an ilusion.

That was very informative, mr pseudo psychologist, thanks. It all makes sense now.

edit: dethreaters didnt appear because of cheaters and neither people moving to silver to have decent games without cheaters. It was toxicity.

You didnt answer my reply to your pm... lets see what the psychologist specialized in toxicology has to say.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

I think this is what they call "irony".

You've chosen to ignore content by CookiePuss. Options

Edited by SyllyBear

57 minutes ago, SyllyBear said:

You've chosen to ignore content by CookiePuss. Options

Thats the third time this week.

Im starting to think you dont like me!

7 hours ago, SyllyBear said:

Okay cheaters are not a problem

Are you kidding me, man? Who said that? Stop distorting what others are saying, just to bring every forum thread to talk about your issue.

I've said that the toxicity is something tangible, something we can easily prove with a screenshot, meaning that cheaters cannot be easily proved.

This thread's subject is about people trying this game and leaving it. The first thing they see, even before they start a mission and be involved with cheaters, is the toxicity.

Why do you choose to dismiss that problem and jump directly to the cheating problem?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Saxtus said:

Are you kidding me, man? Who said that? Stop distorting what others are saying, just to bring every forum thread to talk about your issue.

I've said that the toxicity is something tangible, something we can easily prove with a screenshot, meaning that cheaters cannot be easily proved.

This thread's subject is about people trying this game and leaving it. The first thing they see, even before they start a mission and be involved with cheaters, is the toxicity.

Why do you choose to dismiss that problem and jump directly to the cheating problem?

Because toxicity is a consecuence and not a problem.

Anyone who would decide to stay will end somehow toxic anyways, the ones that not just choose leaving lol.

Funny how everyone blames consecuences and not what causes it. Brainlets, brainlets...

Edited by SyllyBear

Cheating is hardly the only problem of the game. Blaming everything on cheating, means that you either not aware of the rest of the problems or just choose to ignore them.

Toxicity is a consequence of people not reporting bad in-game behavior (or in my case, reporting it and getting back from support that it's justified).

So, bottom line, people lost faith that the company cares for the game, one way or another. Matt is telling us to be patient and it will pay off, time will tell.

You keep telling about cheaters, do you have any solid video evidence? (it's a yes/no question)

• Like 2

Yes.

Do you have any solid evidence that toxicity is about  people not reporting bad behavior and not because other causes?

I never said its about cheating only, but it may be one of the greatest causes. For example cheating caused people think that some weapons were overpowered, when they were cheating with them and making them look like you could never miss. And then balance issues started appearing, and trash balances that craped those weapons.

Edited by SyllyBear

3 minutes ago, SyllyBear said:

Yes.

Do you have any solid evidence that toxicity is about  people reporting bad behavior and not because other causes?

I never said its about cheating only, but it may be one of the greatest causes. For example cheating caused people think that some weapons were overpowered, when they were cheating with them and making them look like you could never miss. And then balance issues started appearing, and trash balances that craped those weapons.

You say that cheating caused people to think that some weapons are over powered... Have you ever stopped to consider that maybe the reverse?

People using META guns that seem over-powered and that makes people think they are cheating?

One would of thought that a cheater would have no problem when guns get balanced out.

Just 2 examples: If someone glitches a objective then that undermines any skills or gun fire power, and there may be nothing that can be done about it. Hackers undermine skills and again fire power as the accuracy and speed of a bot/hack would be inhuman.

14 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

You say that cheating caused people to think that some weapons are over powered... Have you ever stopped to consider that maybe the reverse?

People using META guns that seem over-powered and that makes people think they are cheating?

One would of thought that a cheater would have no problem when guns get balanced out.

Just 2 examples: If someone glitches a objective then that undermines any skills or gun fire power, and there may be nothing that can be done about it. Hackers undermine skills and again fire power as the accuracy and speed of a bot/hack would be inhuman.

Indeed... remember when ducky had its jump shot nerfed (removed better said), but some people kept doing it? That was hilarious and funny.

edit: probably it got nerfed because it was way too good... or at least too good for cheaters. People who got a nice new feature got craped thanks to it.

Edited by SyllyBear

'Guns don't kill people, rappers do'

Cheaters don't cause toxicity. Or at least not the sole cause.

Losing causes toxicity. And when people lose they either deal with it or decide to blame something. A mouse, optimisation, cheaters.

People just need to remember we're playing a game and LO are trying damn hard to make it a good one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The only chance this game has at a successful future relies on a lot of things. But, I think most importantly Little Orbit needs to upgrade the engine (we know this) and get to a position where they can truly pipeline content on a regular basis. AFTER this and some marinating, the name "APB" should be replaced with something else. Aside from the fact that "APB" is known as that 100 million dollar failure of a game to most of the internet, there is also a show called "APB"; This is the first thing that comes up when you google it. 

I do not have suggestions as to what the name should be, but I think a rebrand is necessary for any future this game could have with Little Orbit.

Now yeah a new name ..now that would be a good idear.. get 3.5 ready... then maybe LO could put it to the vote about a name change... 

2 hours ago, EvoTron said:

Now yeah a new name ..now that would be a good idear.. get 3.5 ready... then maybe LO could put it to the vote about a name change... 

Please stop.

4 hours ago, speee said:

I do not have suggestions as to what the name should be

BOLO

• Like 1

ATL? It's a teaching union though.

I reckon revert back to All Points Bulletin. APB Reloaded sounds silly. Like the game keeps crashing or something.

10 hours ago, WitchQueen said:

'Guns don't kill people, rappers do'

Cheaters don't cause toxicity. Or at least not the sole cause.

Losing causes toxicity. And when people lose they either deal with it or decide to blame something. A mouse, optimisation, cheaters.

People just need to remember we're playing a game and LO are trying damn hard to make it a good one.

Losing to cheaters even more.

8 minutes ago, SyllyBear said:

Losing to cheaters even more.

Personally I rage most when it's my fault.  Like if I run out of mouse mat ooh that annoys me lol.

If I'm up against an obvious hacker I don't really mind I kinda like to get an up close view of what they're doing. If I was up against hackers constantly I'm sure I'd get annoyed but to my knowledge I never have.

3 minutes ago, WitchQueen said:

Personally I rage most when it's my fault.  Like if I run out of mouse mat ooh that annoys me lol.

If I'm up against an obvious hacker I don't really mind I kinda like to get an up close view of what they're doing. If I was up against hackers constantly I'm sure I'd get annoyed but to my knowledge I never have.

But when you lose against a person that you know is not legit and you know you will spend the next 20' facing him how would you feel?

Probably the rest of the day, weeks or months. And years, in some cases, but then unbanned.

Edited by SyllyBear

On 12/4/2018 at 11:27 PM, EvoTron said:

APB is 2nd on the list.. the vid has had allmost 100k views... so how can we not be over run with players.... theres no game out there at all like APB./.not one.. !! ground breaking customization !!

This game has ment to of had >>>100 million + on it !!!! >>>>>  https://www.giantbomb.com/apb-reloaded/3030-20985/forums/apb-cost-100-million-dollars-to-make-440234/ 

so why is the player count so low... what are we doing wrong ?? 

how can something thats ment to be SOOOOOO BIG !! have such a low player base...man it is crazy dont u guys think !!!

I am sorry to burst your bubble OP but even with LO's best efforts this game is currently damn near unplayable. It's an unstable, buggy, imbalanced piece of bullsh*t that misses ton of features, has tons of features implemented although they weren't even ready and is in general just not very pleasant to play.

Just because it has good potential doesn't make it a good game, because, and I have to come out and say this:

APB IS NOT A GOOD GAME.

It has the potential to be one in a few years if LO first and foremost manages to fix some big things like balancing and overall play-ability. Then and only then will we have some actual players and then the game can work again. Not to mention APB has an extremely high skill ceiling and most people don't even know what the f*ck they are doing in the first 20 hours of the game. So yeah.

2 minutes ago, Hollowchick said:

I am sorry to burst your bubble OP but even with LO's best efforts this game is currently damn near unplayable. It's an unstable, buggy, imbalanced piece of bullsh*t that misses ton of features, has tons of features implemented although they weren't even ready and is in general just not very pleasant to play.

Just because it has good potential doesn't make it a good game, because, and I have to come out and say this:

APB IS NOT A GOOD GAME.

It has the potential to be one in a few years if LO first and foremost manages to fix some big things like balancing and overall play-ability. Then and only then will we have some actual players and then the game can work again. Not to mention APB has an extremely high skill ceiling and most people don't even know what the f*ck they are doing in the first 20 hours of the game. So yeah.

Apb is a good game, it just needs someone who can make it fun, rewarding and clean the cheaters out.

On 12/8/2018 at 8:27 PM, SyllyBear said:

Apb is a good game, it just needs someone who can make it fun, rewarding and clean the cheaters out.

So you're saying it would be a good game IF they would do the following things. I am not judging potential, this game had potential for the better part of a decade and never made anything out of it.
Point stands: APB in it's current state is NOT a good game.