BoomLion

APB 2nd wow

so i typed in google..best free to play open world games 2018... and on you tube this vid was first >>

APB is 2nd on the list.. the vid has had allmost 100k views... so how can we not be over run with players.... theres no game out there at all like APB./.not one.. !! ground breaking customization !!

This game has ment to of had >>>100 million + on it !!!! >>>>>  https://www.giantbomb.com/apb-reloaded/3030-20985/forums/apb-cost-100-million-dollars-to-make-440234/ 

so why is the player count so low... what are we doing wrong ?? 

how can something thats ment to be SOOOOOO BIG !! have such a low player base...man it is crazy dont u guys think !!!

• Like 1

APB has a really bad marketing compared to other games, and what happened on it's release killed it for good.
Real Times World gave ppl a lot of hype, APB was going to be GTA online at that time, but it came out mediocre and just a month later they went bankruptcy.
Yeah, APB had/has potential, it's just bad luck that they never knew how to develop it, not to talk about the never-ending milking by G1 since they got the game.

1 minute ago, EvoTron said:

so i typed in google..best free to play open world games 2018... and on you tube this vid was first >>

APB is 2nd on the list.. the vid has had allmost 100k views... so how can we not be over run with players.... theres no game out there at all like APB./.not one.. !! ground breaking customization !!

This game has ment to of had >>>100 million + on it !!!! >>>>>  https://www.giantbomb.com/apb-reloaded/3030-20985/forums/apb-cost-100-million-dollars-to-make-440234/ 

how can something thats ment to be SOOOOOO BIG !! have such a low player base...man it is crazy dont u guys think !!!

You must not be active in APB.

First APB PC version is running Unreal Engine 3.0 which is not given support anymore buy Epic, Current gun console version run unreal engine 3.5 optimised.

Second, GamerFirst procrastinated and neglected APB to the point of having to go under new management. While they did buy APB and save it from Real Time Worlds, They rather milked APB:Reloaded released new in game content but didn't do more to bring it up to day other than fixing broken stands of code from RTW.

GamersFirst customer service is just outright poor over the past years. GamersFirst Credit price was too high and as such it reflected in Armas Marketplace.

Because G1 are so "good" at interacting with the playerbase, the community just became toxic as GMs left the game, staff felt intimidated and APB became overly competitive.

Also G1 added threat segregated districts which caused people to actively try to dethreat, this is a constant pain for new players.

There is more I could say I am not going on to RTW and I want to eat my supper sometime tonight!

8 minutes ago, EvoTron said:

Many people have played APB over the years. They decided they didnt like it.

On 12/4/2018 at 11:27 PM, EvoTron said:

more like what APB is doing wrong: non existent marketing(wich causes people to see this as a budget GTA instead of something completely diferent), bad reputation (this is the game thats "overrun by hackers" at the eyes of the general population) caused by horrible matchmaking and threat system, that also causes horrible player retention (newbie person with shooter experience gets to silver, faces teams of max rank golds 5 times in a row, decides that everyone is cheating, leaves).

also, here

have fun in that thread, it highlights lots of stuff thats really wrong and annoying in the game, and that makes it dificult to hold even experienced players.

game no work so players no play

• Like 1

I Think this list creator forget to add in tittle : "for low end PC". Tho .. dunno if APB is for low end PC , have mid range PC have to play on low settings if i want to have atleast 70 fps.

So do u think they should do a big marketing push..when they lauch 3.5.. 

All i know is LO is tryign hard u can tell..they know what they took on when they got APB... they must of played an seen how bad an good things are... 

but when i found out how much money this game has had put in to it i am just blowed away... hardly any players yet APB is in top ten in Best free to play open world games... CRAZYNESS!!!! 

I say new year new start !! 

36 minutes ago, EvoTron said:

No.

1 hour ago, EvoTron said:

Depends

17 minutes ago, EDDYWRECKER said:

Depends

Depends? *Scoots away*

ok back on topic :

As people said Real time worlds as well as  Gamersfirst really did a number on APB as well as the player base we had over the years.

Once APB becomes optimized under the best engine we can upgrade to ( 4. whatever it is) then we can also have changes done to APB like new content and cars gear and whatever

which would help revive APB.

Of course a lot of things have to happen in between all of that but its hopeful now that Little Orbit is doing what G1 promised but only milked us for.

5 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Depends? *Scoots away*

ok back on topic :

As people said Real time worlds as well as  Gamersfirst really did a number on APB as well as the player base we had over the years.

Once APB becomes optimized under the best engine we can upgrade to ( 4. whatever it is) then we can also have changes done to APB like new content and cars gear and whatever

which would help revive APB.

Of course a lot of things have to happen in between all of that but its hopeful now that Little Orbit is doing what G1 promised but only milked us for.

Ok, I will say a little more lol

If 3.5 is released....

If 3.5 presents with a reduction of bugs.....

Reduction of bugs reduces hackusations.....

If Version 4 is really a thing.....

Then we might have a chance 

So depends....

I watched his toplist and looked up guy. 11 000 subs, distorted soundtrack from game and uber old gameplay (in our case) and trailers (in most of others) make me think he didn't even do any research into our or any of games presented there.

We are compared with games like Cuisine Royale or Defiance 2050... Really? This are top F2P games? Where?

Btw. here's list of his "Free to play" videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJEDviqyID9sRxbpSqZ3sUQ/search?query=f2p

Will show you how much he actually cares what he shits out on Youtube.

Dunno why you guys care what trash Youtube channels think about APB: Reloaded

Answer is easy: Nothing.

Edited by Mitne

10 hours ago, EvoTron said:

All i know is LO is tryign hard u can tell..they know what they took on when they got APB... they must of played an seen how bad an good things are... 

but when i found out how much money this game has had put in to it i am just blowed away... hardly any players yet APB is in top ten in Best free to play open world games... CRAZYNESS!!!! 

I say new year new start !! 

10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

No.

I said it before a number of times and I'll always will, Customer Acquisition VS Customer Retention Costs are not in APB's favour.

APB:Reloaded as a product is not anything exception and in the past was in a worse state. 

If you got a poor product then people are not going to come back for more, it is easier and cheaper to keep current customers than trying for a marketing push when the game is not in a good place

Especially if the new players are going to leave because of perceived: Pay to win, cheaters and hackers, dethreaters, poor graphics, low server population numbers, (previous) poor customer service standard, ETC....

Edited by VickyFox

People may try APB, then get overrun by players saying on district chat that they have no reason to stop cheating and their sole purpose is to drive away players from the game.

The toxicity is really bad for anybody trying APB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got permission from the person that captured a chat from yesterday, to post it here as long I've blurred names:

wQmYD0G.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saxtus said:

Got permission from the person that captured a chat from yesterday, to post it here as long I've blurred names:

wQmYD0G.png

trolled/10

lole, so basically, 1st is a dead game and the 2nd is suffering APB

APB would have been a top mmo game... 6 years ago.

Now it's late. By the time all the "If that, if this" are completed, the game won't even be supported anymore on most pcs. Even now I am struggling to make the game run well with my pc.

Edited by Nessie

5 minutes ago, Nessie said:

APB would have been a top mmo game... 6 years ago.

Now it's late.

nah fam.

They just need to be up to date with the technology and add some good tutorial and a low rating district. 

After these changes and some marketing, the game would rise up from dead.

You only have one chance to make a first impression. APB is known as a "dead" game with a million issues. New players already have a bias before they even play. Once they get rolled by some vets they will hop on the everyone is cheating bandwagon. Or they will realize they cannot shoot through steps, why is that person all glitchy when they get out of the car? Why am I only getting 70fps when my system is decent?

Few are going to accept the issues and enjoy the game for what is it. Their biases will just be confirmed and they will go on looking for another game.