Mitne

Hey. Event is over. Now it's time to fix your mess.

...by giving every participant Autumn Assault skin.

I'm not joking. I tried. I tried... And result is that all I got was frustration.

I'm fine with some competitiveness... when it's achieveable... and it wasn't.

What is wrong with event? How about I make list...? Bah I even put some categories, that's how many points are there:

Reward distribution:

- JTs as rewards for parcipitation are fine but this rewards were WAY too high - people started treating event as JT machine...

- Lovely decision to attach to won weapon skin, 250 jts lead to situation that top players non-stop holded 1st place to get the most out of it too.

- THE SOLE FACT THAT YOU MAKE WEAPON SKIN (thing most people looked forward to getting in this event) - AS TOP PRIZE. Maybe it would be obtainable... if not for thousand of issues provided here with this event which effectively kill any chances and leave everything to damn luck... or you need to cheat in that event. (Btw. this sole reason hurt especially people like me who wanted this weapon skins). I saw many bronzes and silver badly wanting this weapon skin... bah even I struggled hell lot to get this skin! (And didn't succeed as well...)

Gameplay:

- Zone in wierd places... - You don't know where you enter zone and where you exit it. (Which leads me to second point too...)

- ...and zones are invisible - Why zones aren't visibly marked in-game? Why instead i get small sign which is easy to skip that I "Entered Zone"?

- Horrible spawn placement - Why we don't we spawn in zones all the time? Why we often spawn among groups of enemies? Why enemies spawn behind me? Why do I have to leg to zone 200m (Which leads me to...)

- Disabling AI cars when in event - Why disable AI cars when they don't count to gungames and don't do damage in gungame? The fact that after each spawn I was sent backward in progress thanks to poor spawn is insulting at best.

- Lack of blowtorch attached to ALL guns - This one is probably only one minor which would improve gameplay to everyone if they are stuck with weapon THEY ARE HORRIBLE WITH. You know i'm not fond of how Anubis or Volcano works...

- Zone is open to get out of - This one makes my blood boil. Check proper gungame in any game. There is nothing like "zone" - you put players in certain area and don't allow them out. Why do I have to bother about where the hell is zone? Problem with coding that one? Ok! Then why you don't put it in place like... I dunno Beacon?!

Time of event:

- The fact that this event is only at certain hours of day and require GM - some people work at time your event runs, others LIKE maybe "SOMETIMES" me... are busy with real life matters. And the fact that GM needs to start it (on GMs on their own I talk later on).

GMs support: 

- GMs on their own - Giving them power to oversight event and then do nothing. Lovely. Result? A lot of cheaters, teamers and people which keep cuckolding 1st place. Say one more time "please" to them, maybe they will listen? (It reduces my "100 chances" to barely "2 chances" I had btw. because leaderboard was in hold of the same people all time. Thanks?).

- Taking any power from GMs to prevent what was happening in event - self-explanatory

Purpose of this event:

- The fact that this event exist... - Nobody asked for it. Nobody wanted it. But...

- ...now completionist suffer thanks to it. - I lost all my chances to get skin because of how poor this event is executed. I imagine there is about 50% of playerbase which never even got close to finishing this event AT ALL.

- Event for "fun" - but instead turn it competitive in most toxic and competitive community of world. What could possibly go wrong? Surely they won't jump themselves to necks. I did several times.

Overall I rate this event as the worst APB had so far. Even when we talk about this one under G1 (and in no degree i'm gonna defend old G1 ever).

So here's chance to redeem yourself. Skin to participitants and scrap this event. Finito.

(I probably gonna get hell lot of hate to this thread but I don't care... this event made my blood run very hot - I wasn't that angry for months. And from what I saw it wasn't just me.)

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

It could be improved upon , Christmas definitely does it better.

so have this gif.

kqHjfeh.gif

21 hours ago, Mitne said:

im sorry your not pro enough to play, get gud

eveyone is a cheater and cuz of that i need the reward for free bla bla bla, add it to the pile

Edited by ShaiShai
  • Like 1

as much as i think this event was a failure (fixed schedule, poor - if any - testing, and bad management of these failures), i truly don’t understand the strange need for everyone to “win” - don’t remember anyone caring when the same person “won” the kill-the-ceo event multiple times a few months back

• Like 1

Sure this event had a plethora of issues. But either Little Orbit can honor their word, and proceed to move on, resolving to amend future events. Or they can patchwork this event, and make more people complain with them going back on their word, although still amending future events.

I'd rather them do the first.

Even with all its flaws, in the end you didn't get the skin because you weren't good enough. That's just how it is. Everyone had to deal with these issues and yet some players stay at the top consistently. I will say that for future events the rewards should be spread out a little more lenient, but I don't think it's fair to all those who have earned their skins to just give it out to everyone.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:

Even with all its flaws, in the end you didn't get the skin because you weren't good enough. That's just how it is. Everyone had to deal with these issues and yet some players stay at the top consistently.

^this

Gitgud

so that's what your 2:12 hours of saltmessaging in /d every 20 second ended to.

1 hour ago, Mitne said:

- JTs as rewards for parcipitation are fine but this rewards were WAY too high - people started treating event as JT machine...

- Lovely decision to attach to won weapon skin, 250 jts lead to situation that top players non-stop holded 1st place to get the most out of it too.

- THE SOLE FACT THAT YOU MAKE WEAPON SKIN (thing most people looked forward to getting in this event) - AS TOP PRIZE. Maybe it would be obtainable... if not for thousand of issues provided here with this event which effectively kill any chances and leave everything to damn luck... or you need to cheat in that event. (Btw. this sole reason hurt especially people like me who wanted this weapon skins). I saw many bronzes and silver badly wanting this weapon skin... bah even I struggled hell lot to get this skin! (And didn't succeed as well...)

That's the point of the event , the best player gets the skin , tho i think that if the first top players already have the skin , the second one should have gotten it , and if the two first already then the third one etc...

Gameplay:

- Zone in wierd places... - You don't know where you enter zone and where you exit it. (Which leads me to second point too...)

The zones are based on district blocks not really hard to get used to it , just tell yourself the roadds/ buildins are the limits , still i think that was a terrible way to do it  , when a player sees a "zone" the first thing he will think about is a circle zone , not a "combat block" , the zones should have just been circles .

- ...and zones are invisible - Why zones aren't visibly marked in-game? Why instead i get small sign which is easy to skip that I "Entered Zone"?

That could just lead to people exploiting the zone to farm the event / leave when they're about to die.

- Horrible spawn placement - Why we don't we spawn in zones all the time? Why we often spawn among groups of enemies? Why enemies spawn behind me? Why do I have to leg to zone 200m (Which leads me to...)

Actually the spawn is not as weird as you think , the game just spawns you about 50 to 0 meters away from the zone (wich has a weird shape , wich is why it feels so weird)

- Disabling AI cars when in event - Why disable AI cars when they don't count to gungames and don't do damage in gungame? The fact that after each spawn I was sent backward in progress thanks to poor spawn is insulting at best.

What ?

- Lack of blowtorch attached to ALL guns - This one is probably only one minor which would improve gameplay to everyone if they are stuck with weapon THEY ARE HORRIBLE WITH. You know i'm not fond of how Anubis or Volcano works...

That's just how it is , they force you to use a weapon anyway , having a blowtorch would just make you able to ignore the weapons given to you , yes it's only a blowtoch , but it matters. and i wouldn't want to haveit at all times because that's just against the point of the event .

- Zone is open to get out of - This one makes my blood boil. Check proper gungame in any game. There is nothing like "zone" - you put players in certain area and don't allow them out. Why do I have to bother about where the hell is zone? Problem with coding that one? Ok! Then why you don't put it in place like... I dunno Beacon?!

True , this is a very annoying thing , you're shooting someone and he suddently gets out of the zone and he can just stand there and regen then come back like nothing happened

Time of event:

- The fact that this event is only at certain hours of day and require GM - some people work at time your event runs, others LIKE maybe "SOMETIMES" me... are busy with real life matters. And the fact that GM needs to start it (on GMs on their own I talk later on).

Yes , i don't really understand why either , tho i think if there was a rotation of different events every dat like some other games do it would make sense , but knowing that there's only gungames , well yeah it doesn't make any sense.

GMs support: 

- GMs on their own - Giving them power to oversight event and then do nothing. Lovely. Result? A lot of cheaters, teamers and people which keep cuckolding 1st place. Say one more time "please" to them, maybe they will listen? (It reduces my "100 chances" to barely "2 chances" I had btw. because leaderboard was in hold of the same people all time. Thanks?).

That's just how YOU see it , you seemed pretty upset when i seen you in district , and that definetely alters the way you see things .

- Taking any power from GMs to prevent what was happening in event - self-explanatory

Do you expect a gm to get rid of someone because players just asked to ? no that's not how it works man.

Purpose of this event:

- The fact that this event exist... - Nobody asked for it. Nobody wanted it. But...

Actually we did ask for it .

- ...now completionist suffer thanks to it. - I lost all my chances to get skin because of how poor this event is executed. I imagine there is about 50% of playerbase which never even got close to finishing this event AT ALL.

- Event for "fun" - but instead turn it competitive in most toxic and competitive community of world. What could possibly go wrong? Surely they won't jump themselves to necks. I did several times.

Overall I rate this event as the worst APB had so far. Even when we talk about this one under G1 (and in no degree i'm gonna defend old G1 ever).

So here's chance to redeem yourself. Skin to participitants and scrap this event. Finito.

(I probably gonna get hell lot of hate to this thread but I don't care... this event made my blood run very hot - I wasn't that angry for months. And from what I saw it wasn't just me.)

My opinion :

Honestly , even tho i am bad at apb and am probably under average skill level , tho im quite a fan of the competitive events , but for the next ones i think they should make use of others skills such as technique , hiding ,or maybe even driving and more , the explosive gungame was pretty good as it gave a chance to people that have technique and knows the game to win but without the need for high aiming skills .

I hope little orbit does more competitive events in the future , but i also hope they work more on it , as players said this event feels extremely cheap and quickly thrown together .

22 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:

Even with all its flaws, in the end you didn't get the skin because you weren't good enough. That's just how it is. Everyone had to deal with these issues and yet some players stay at the top consistently. I will say that for future events the rewards should be spread out a little more lenient, but I don't think it's fair to all those who have earned their skins to just give it out to everyone.

That pretty much sums up the way i think of it too

Edited by Ketog

Pretty much every single issue here could've been avoided if it wasn't a god damn 80 player district.

I mean, gungame worked flawlessly for all these years with a lower playercount in the beacon district.

Once an event is over they must be starting to work on the next one, so comes to think if it'd be better to just focus on the important updates instead.

You should play BDO. That game spams you with log-in-reward-events!

Not saying the event itself was well executed though but you're not entitled to get the reward because of that.

Dunno why a working formula like the 24/7 running Beacon Gungame with mixed modi in between wasn't reused either.

My only day off last week I tried the event and in my first game an opposed  mission started as the gun game did but me and my opponent agreed to just ignore the mission.

Second round, my game crashed to desktop and had to relaunch the game after the automated crash report and launcher finished scanning.

Third round was OK till about half a minute before the end of the game and then APB froze...

Then I was screwed as Windows Task Manager was stuck behind the frozen APB:Reloaded full screen, I had no choice but to do a full system restart and I missed the explosive round.

That was my only day off!

I don't even care for the gun skin or event but the one time I actually tried, It was a complete waste of time and a frustrating total inconvenience

At this time I am still in email talks with a member staff about logs but there may possibly be an error with the logs too.

No disrespect to staff over this event and my experience but it feels like an attempt to do something to get to know the community better, without knowing what it is exactly that you are doing anyway!

First using a gun skin which was considered exclusive form another event, a new event that had to be scheduled and started by GMs and lag with game crashes... It all just comes across as a planned out idea without knowing how to go about it.

I don't want anything other than to vent my frustration and get it off my chest that I would of rather not had Autumn assault if it meant the Christmas holiday event could possibly be of a better quality.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mitne said:

~

I saw you sometimes in the event district, you barely hit middle of the leaderboard with negative score and were complaining about cheaters in chat after every round. To be clear, I didn't see any cheaters here except speedhack once. Even low lvl silvers won sometimes or were at least in top 10

Edited by Lign

I wonder if people who never win in pubg try and complain about not getting enough bp to buy crates. Probably not cuz you all are entitled children that grew up with participation trophies.

Players who're kicked by gm be like

Edited by Defibrillator
  • Like 2

In a different thread I mentioned how maybe they will make a new event different than this that gives people a better chance to get the skin.

Since its a special event skin I also wouldn't mind if it was released for a large amount of joker tickets either. 3k to 5k maybe?

That way people can use joker tickets which doesn't have much else they can be used on after a while.

20 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Am I the only one who thinks skins being rare is a good thing?

I never really care about skins and stuff from the game. Back when raf program was there, i jus got the weapons from it. For me anything which doesnt improve/change your gameplay is jus a waste of time. What good does it do to have a colorful skin? Will u aim for the enemies or jus adore ur pink otoblabla neko skin?

Never gonna grind soo much for a skin. Some people never understand it.

Edited by Defibrillator

19 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Since the release the 3D glasses, butcher skin to the public nothing should be rare anymore

2 hours ago, February said:

Half the people here saying "gitgud" are actually bad lmaoooo im done 

i never said i was good, im not even trying the event cuz i know i have no chance of even making it to the top, im just saying, you hear the same thing over and over, so if you wanna win, you somehow gotta be gud, so gitgud makes sence

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Rare skins are a good thing.

Special event skins from years ago that cant be earned again , not so much.

As for this particular one - no opinion on it personally just giving ideas to help make things still be fun for people

9 hours ago, Lign said:

I saw you sometimes in the event district, you barely hit middle of the leaderboard with negative score and were complaining about cheaters in chat after every round. To be clear, I didn't see any cheaters here except speedhack once. Even low lvl silvers won sometimes or were at least in top 10

After I was hitting top of scoreboards I just was simply giving up.

What's the point of hitting wall on repeat?..

And no. I'm not gonna "gitgud" at event which was meant for abuse.

It was fucking fun, killing some guy, then suddenly being gangraped by two entering zone from the back.

LUCK - LUCK - And again LUCK. <- Feat I never had in my single fucking playthrough of that game so fuck off.

The only player winning were this who somehow pulled off streak without being constantly fucked in patootie by this entering zone from "spawns".

Some done it by abusing zone border, some by camping, others by "teaming" (you know being aided) - and some rare pattoties for straight up cheating (I saw 3 guys when I hidden behind car who snapped from me to some other guy in zone - gr8).

So nice if "gitgud" is any of this strategy and APB wants to be comeptitive right now with all it's problems.... I think I find some real competitive game.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 1