Mitne

Hey. Event is over. Now it's time to fix your mess.

Clarification because most of you clearly get my intentions wrong. Again.

First of all this thread isn't against APB playerbase (It was expectable that playerbase would act like that.) - who I blame is LO as company telling me they played-tested it. Play-test would reveal at least half of this problems from get-go, don't even need many players, just brain. (Zones or problems with distance from zone when spawning for example).

Second my actual time of event was 2 days (personal problems, in last sunday of Halloween event my motherboard litteraly surged on me and since it's expensive laptop I had to wait for electronic repair... 3 weeks - I came back in Friday at litteraly last days of event but through weekend been busy with stuff - it's only in Monday when I took any real interest. Meaning again event which you can't complete from get-go, like Halloween...) - I heard some here were trying to get it for weeks, realistic saying - I had literally 5 hours on any of districts to get that 1st place - it's impossible - if I had more time there possibly would be more close calls and success. Most likely this thread wouldn't exist... but some other of this kind would pop-up. Sorry that's fact.

Third - Where the hell is LO? @Lixil @MattScott @LO It's thread directed to them! Sure most of you are angry cause you won this skin rightfully, some are angry cause they didn't and some other decided it was fun to troll others. And many rise valid points. Truth be told, this event as in it's state shouldn't exist. I'm FINE with competitive events, i'm NOT FINE with broken events <- simple as that.

I mean c'mon you telling me that in GUNGAME (event in which you run around in open with weapon) valid strategy is "camping it out and waiting for luck"?

Clearly "skill-based" event.

Edited by Mitne

I had already brought all this up day 1 of the event in my thread. This event was epically flawed, the most out of any event in APB history. Bad spawns, bad boundaries and griefers that kept ***** blocking the skin each and every time. All this would be brought up to @MattScott @Lixil and the GM team yet they didnt do anything about most of it. Asking nicely doesnt work with the kind of community APB has and that was proven within 24hrs yet they still continued to ask instead of booting these griefers or restricting the event so that only ppl who hadent won could join. There were ppl who were blatently showboating how many times they had won the event yet the GMs wouldnt lift a finger to stop it so they kept on winning. Then you had ppl who were obv cheating in the event infront of the GMs and all they would do is tell you to send support a ticket with a video instead of dealing with it promptly. That just left a horrid taste in my mouth and it only proved that the GM staff doesnt really care (G1 all over again). These cheaters should have been dealt with on the spot, instead they now know they can cheat infront of GMs and get away with it so there will be more cheaters in the future (not to mention if anybody did send support a ticket the cheaters have at least 2 months on the acc before any action happens). This again goes to LO and Matt failing to deal with the problem let alone in a timely manor.

Event zones were so flawed you could be dead center of the fight and the server wouldnt allow you into the gun games to kill anybody while others could be 150m away from the center and be considered in the zone. This was brought up by the community on day 1 and was never addressed by LO even in the fix. LO will REALLY need to work hard on this next event to make sure it goes off without any issues otherwise they might as well close down cause right now they are 0-2 and ppl are very unhappy.

Edited by Darkzero3802

I mean, at least you people could play in it.

Thanks to the amazing smart patootie idea of LO to make the event exclusively at a fixed hour (and the even more shameful lie about changing times to allow more players to play which was never done), I didn't even have a chance to try the mode, let alone win any skin.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nessie said:

Thanks to the amazing smart patootie idea of LO to make the event exclusively at a fixed hour (and the even more shameful lie about changing times to allow more players to play which was never done), I didn't even have a chance to try the mode, let alone win any skin.

You were busy at that time 7 days a week for 3 weeks?

Thats probably not common among the player base.

31 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You were busy at that time 7 days a week for 3 weeks?

Thats probably not common among the player base.

Well you don't get a day off work just to play a game at a specific hour don't you?

2 minutes ago, Nessie said:

Well you don't get a day off work just to play a game at a specific hour don't you?

Jesus you've worked 21 days straight?

You need to get a better job my guy.

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Jesus you've worked 21 days straight?

You need to get a better job my guy.

To each their own! I don't need to explain my life to you. Just to keep it simple, I had a business trip taking away 10 days of that event. On the other days I would get home exactly when the event was finished. I had only a weekend in which I could access it if life wasn't more of a priority, and anyway, sadly weekend network is often too bad for me to play.

This still doesn't excuse how a limited time event is a bullshoot plan for the players.

2 minutes ago, Nessie said:

To each their own! I don't need to explain my life to you. Just to keep it simple, I had a business trip taking away 10 days of that event. On the other days I would get home exactly when the event was finished. I had only a weekend in which I could access it if life wasn't more of a priority, and anyway, sadly weekend network is often too bad for me to play.

This still doesn't excuse how a limited time event is a bullshoot plan for the players.

Well bro, you cant really expect a game company to plan their events around your travel plans or your choice to work so many hours, or your lack of access to internet, can you?

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Well bro, you cant really expect a game company to plan their events around your travel plans or your choice to work so many hours, or your lack of access to internet, can you?

lets not pretend that a fixed schedule for any event is a good idea, it doesnt matter what time it is since it will always exclude a pretty decent amount of people

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

lets not pretend that a fixed schedule for any event is a good idea, it doesnt matter what time it is since it will always exclude a pretty decent amount of people

cant exclude a decent amount of players if you have no players to begin with

XYt5gTP.gif

People called the skin bad anyway so doubt you missed out on much anyway

gnuDWZG.png

Edited by Weeb TheEpicGuyV2
  • Like 1

@Lixil Quite the PR clean up to do, I am most curious what was the objectives of this event in Little Orbit's Eyes? Maybe this is a question for @MattScott

On my one day off I got that allowed me to get online in time for the event.

My computer crashed twice, The second game crash cause the computer screen to become frozen with Task Manager stuck hiding behind the APB window. I had no choice but to not only relaunch the game but to do a complete restart of my computer. 

...my only day off which i could do this event and i missed it, No other game mode in any other districts at any other time in 2018 had been that bad.

This event has highlighted some of the worse parts of the player base. The event wasn't just an exclusive reward but it feels like an exclusive event to even play in with such a small time frame the game mode is active.

A last minute change to the reward was also a disappointment but saying that it would of also been disappointing another exclusive was to be re-released, I will say you did the right thing there but is foolish oversight! 

I have to say this because it just is ridiculous... as professional as it was; it's naive to presume, expect or anticipate people on the internet will do something you ask of them as a polite request, when they can have a good laugh at everyone else's expense in ruining a time limited game with an exclusive reward. They are just going to make a mockery of you and to everyone else.

I've really admired the hard work everyone at Little Orbit has done in such a small amount of time, the interactions with the player base has felt sincere, empathetic and integral.

You really are trying to embrace the culture and address the issues of APB. But what the heck was this?!

Now I don't want compensation and I don't the gun skin. I just want to know... WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?

Because it comes across strongly that there wasn't much thinking going on.

What was the Aims and Objectives of Autumn Assault in the eyes of Little Orbit?

Even if you can't tell me what the aims and objectives were, What was achieved by this event?

Edited by VickyFox

6 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

@Lixil Quite the PR clean up to do, I am most curious what was the objectives of this event in Little Orbit's Eyes? Maybe this is a question for @MattScott

On my one day off I got that allowed me to get online in time for the event.

My computer crashed twice, The second game crash cause the computer screen to become frozen with Task Manager stuck hiding behind the APB window. I had no choice but to not only relaunch the game but to do a complete restart of my computer. 

...my only day off which i could do this event and i missed it, No other game mode in any other districts at any other time in 2018 had been that bad.

This event has highlighted some of the worse parts of the player base. The event wasn't just an exclusive reward but it feels like an exclusive event to even play in with such a small time frame the game mode is active.

A last minute change to the reward was also a disappointment but saying that it would of also been disappointing another exclusive was to be re-released, I will say you did the right thing there but is foolish oversight! 

I have to say this because it just is ridiculous... as professional as it was; it's naive to presume, expect or anticipate people on the internet will do something you ask of them as a polite request, when they can have a good laugh at everyone else's expense in ruining a time limited game with an exclusive reward. They are just going to make a mockery of you and to everyone else.

I've really admired the hard work everyone at Little Orbit has done in such a small amount of time, the interactions with the player base has felt sincere, empathetic and integral.

You really are trying to embrace the culture and address the issues of APB. But what the heck was this?!

Now I don't want compensation and I don't the gun skin. I just want to know... WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?

Because it comes across strongly that there wasn't much thinking going on.

What was the Aims and Objectives of Autumn Assault in the eyes of Little Orbit?

Even if you can't tell me what the aims and objectives were, What was achieved by this event?

If you were to get on Jericho right now ud find only 170 ppl on during peak hrs. Thats not only an alltime low for Jericho but it shows that Autumn Assault only drove ppl away from APB. Theres no FC running and you only have one bronze Fin and 1 silver WF populated so unless your silver or lower you cant swap between WF and Fin. @MattScott needs to pull a rabbit out of his hat at this point if he wants to save APB and prevent another server merge.

15 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Thats not only an alltime low for Jericho but it shows that Autumn Assault only drove ppl away from APB.@MattScott

Nice try but these numbers go all the way back to the shotgun changes.

Plus why would an event you dont have to play drive anyone away?

Do you even hear yourself?

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Nice try but these numbers go all the way back to the shotgun changes.

Plus why would an event you dont have to play drive anyone away?

Do you even hear yourself?

Word of mouth how bad it is ppl avoid the game altogether. All it takes is bad talking and some ppl run away

Honestly I don't care what haters says by now.

I just seriously want explanation from someone from LO, which I didn't get yet.

No offense just... this was basically purpose of this thread. It was directed to them.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mitne said:

Honestly I don't care what haters says by now.

I just seriously want explanation from someone from LO, which I didn't get yet.

No offense just... this was basically purpose of this thread. It was directed to them.

They are new and they are learning.

Please dont stress or make them feel bad, you are being pretty toxic by pushing all this.

muack muack matt muack to the beard

Edited by SyllyBear

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Word of mouth how bad it is ppl avoid the game altogether. All it takes is bad talking and some ppl run away

Seems pretty drastic. 

I just avoided the event and played apb as normal. 

Though to be fair, I guess we do have like 10 fewer players globally than we did last month. 

Edited by CookiePuss

4 hours ago, Nessie said:

I was lucky (or more like unlucky) that my laptop got repaired in Friday before event. I was cut-off from event during that time.

So yeah i'm just pissed how event was handled. I would had chance if things in my list were like they should be. (That's litteraly my list of main concerns to this event)

Edited by Mitne

Guys, please give LO some time. I'm sure in few months we will all appreciate their hard work!

(not trolling, just saying)

Thread summarized:

"I'm not good at the game and not being able to get a prize locked behind being good is dumb!"

Yall pathetic. Go play minecraft.

5 hours ago, greenfield said:

Guys, please give LO some time. I'm sure in few months we will all appreciate their hard work!

(not trolling, just saying)

With how bad the last 2 events went there may not be afew months to wait

Hi there,

I read this thread a couple days ago, and intended to respond, but I got pulled into a number of other tasks and never got back to it.

I think we let this conversation go fair enough.

I’m going to lock this thread, and instead I have put up my own thread and a poll to address the OP’s question.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 3