Ritual

We Want You!

1 hour ago, Ritual said:

Not only the NDA, but also the fact that we unfortunately cannot count on the entire community to be objective of person's ability to keep the position even if privately they are having a beef with said person. We cannot allow any of GMs to suffer their positive or negative image with some people in the community, which would absolutely ruin their own objective approach to their duties. Abuse of powers by treating someone unfairly better because they are a friend, as well as carrying a stigma over something they allegedly did is both counterproductive, and even though we gave it a go, it did not give us the results we looked for. Therefore, unfortunately no. We will not be publishing the identities of the users we've chosen.

Hmm... And what about the flip side? How do i know your GM will be neutral with me while i have a bus of sneaky haters behind me?

Should i close my eyes, trust your selection, invest time and money if maybe i have a sword of Damocles above the head?

I'm not sure... Or at least you have to lay the game of the year.

Seriously that's suck, i rarely agree with aroa but yes some transparency please.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BrightNightLight said:

GM accounts cannot play the game. 

Whoever is selected won't instantly become a GM, there is a further screening process and ultimately an interview.

Be that as it may, GM identities will not be revealed. That is final and not subjected to change.

the gm account can not play the game, but that player can create another account and play the game and even pvp, obviously taking advantages.  I do not know if this is something you are going to control or not.

you say that the selection process is long and rigorous, but from my point of view you will have to kiss many frogs until you find the prince blue ...

Fortunately, I did not send an application to be a GM, since I see that it is a very important position and it is not only to control the game community but to try to expand the number of people who play it.  Because if I were, the first thing I would do is say that GM work without hiding and gain the trust of the entire community with my actions. IF this NDA is a bureaucratic thing I understand, but hiding is not how you earn the respect of the community, from my point of view.

What happens when the GM is just a player and is friends with the cheaters. 

Edited by Aroa Croft
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, BrightNightLight said:

GM accounts cannot play the game.

Whoever is selected won't instantly become a GM, there is a further screening process and ultimately an interview.

Be that as it may, GM identities will not be revealed. That is final and not subjected to change.

The GM accounts, not the GM person

3 minutes ago, Kishoot said:

Hmm... And what about the flip side? How do i know your GM will be neutral with me while i have a bus of sneaky haters behind me?

Should i close my eyes, trust your selection, invest time and money if maybe i have a sword of Damocles above the head?

I'm not sure... Or at least you have to lay the game of the year.

Seriously that's suck, i rarely agree with aroa but yes some transparency please.

We think the same, we are interconnected, I knew it !! ; D

Just now, Aroa Croft said:

We think the same, we are interconnected, I knew it !! ; D

lol no!!! please no!!! 🤣

32 minutes ago, StubbyClaps said:

Poor decision imo. The Fallen Earth community is extremely small so trying to hide your gms isnt going to work out well....

Hell yeah you're right Buddyclaps

There's no argument here. The new GMs have to remain anonymous because that's how GM'ing works in all other MMORPGs. (to my knowledge.) The staff explained the reason for it. It is not subject to change.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bupkis said:

There's no argument here. The new GMs have to remain anonymous because that's how GM'ing works in all other MMORPGs. (to my knowledge.) The staff explained the reason for it. It is not subject to change.

we only express our opinion on this issue, obviously it is company LO who then makes the decisions. But while these types of decisions are not very different from how the old company acted.

Honestly, if people are so well selected and professional, I do not understand why this attitude of anonymity and hiding names.

It seems as if LO wanted to hide something, when surely the reality is the opposite.

Edited by Aroa Croft

Aroa..

The NDA is Non-Disclosure Agreement

Which most places have people sign in which what they Might see/hear/read that they can not go around talking about.

So in other words, or an example Supposedly if the GM's have notes and say's Watch player X possible speed hack or X for Aim botting...

Knowing that, The GM's whom all have signed the NDA are not allowed to say anything to anyone Except other GM's, about it, like warn the person they are being watched

and or alert the person(s) who could be under investigation.

Even if the GM's hear or are given a briefing on what's coming up event, or whatever, they are not supposed to disclose any information to anyone else told to do so by the Senior

GM or the GM Supervisors..

Also..

You mentioned you are or have English as a 2nd language. Well you still could of Applied just to say, because knowing English is Great, but if per say you are Spanish, Brazilian, German or some other

language as your Natural Tongue actually can bean asset actually because if they took English Only and no one has a 2nd Language,  moderating the chat can get pretty hard if know one

about can read German per say, and therefore  how can you moderate the chat, having people who as I stated Have a Different 1st Language not of English, is actually an asset.

Since then you can moderate the chat If people are or start to talk in Your Native Language.

So, just because you say your not good in English, don't let that stop you if you do have a 2 or 3 other languages you can read/write or understand, thats a Bonus..

Edited by KDRefugee
To Correct Spelling Aroa Name wrong
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KDRefugee said:

Auroa..

The NDA is Non-Disclosure Agreement 

Which most places have people sign in which what they Might see/hear/read that they can not go around talking about.

So in other words, or an example Supposedly if the GM's have notes and say's Watch player X possible speed hack or X for Aim botting...

Knowing that, The GM's whom all have signed the NDA are not allowed to say anything to anyone Except other GM's, about it, like warn the person they are being watched

and or alert the person(s) who could be under investigation.

Even if the GM's hear or are given a briefing on what's coming up event, or whatever, they are not supposed to disclose any information to anyone else told to do so by the Senior

GM or the GM Supervisors..

Also..

You mentioned you are or have English as a 2nd language. Well you still could of Applied just to say, because knowing English is Great, but if per say you are Spanish, Brazilian, German or some other

language as your Natural Tongue actually can bean asset actually because if they took English Only and no one has a 2nd Language,  moderating the chat can get pretty hard if know one

about can read German per say, and therefore  how can you moderate the chat, having people who as I stated Have a Different 1st Language not of English, is actually an asset.

Since then you can moderate the chat If people are or start to talk in Your Native Language.

So, just because you say your not good in English, don't let that stop you if you do have a 2 or 3 other languages you can read/write or understand, thats a Bonus..

I understand that of the non-disclosure agreement, but it makes sense not to disclose information about the game, the possible bugs, the mechanics of the game, future updates ... but ... that has to do with not revealing the origin of the gms and their trajectory in the game? I think it has nothing to do.

I doubt very much that if a gm reveals what characters he has used it is a reason not to be, it is more, to reveal that he has been a player who has helped the game and knows his system gives more points of confidence and tranquility towards the community.

That of hiding who is who, only leads to distrust with the community. You do not have to be very smart to know that the player who is gm will play the game, and experience tells me that he will play at being a god, reporting at his whim for no reason and banning people he does not like. So, we have more of the same again, and more than what has led this game to its current state of decline.

honestly, I believed that LO was a brave, transparent and communicative company with its community, although this "secrecy" on such important issues that do not link at all to the game itself, make me think otherwise.

In my case, I have not considered helping the game in that area, because if I did it would mean that I would not play the game even if there was the possibility of creating another account. Besides, it is very difficult to convince the Hispanic community in a game entirely in English, when today, Spanish is the second or third most spoken language in the world and there are games that do not have a translation into this language.

http://vivalanga.com/the-10-most-spoken-languages-in-the-world/

edit: by the way, my name is aroa and not auroa, you can copy paste next time if you cant write correctly, a greeting!

Edited by Aroa Croft
edit because bad name.

I must say that it is for the best to let them be unknown. Yes, the FE population is small, it's easy to pick out who is who.. however  expecting the GM's will act more professional than on their normal acoount, it should be fine.

If everyone knows who is which GM it can compromise their neutrality. I can assume it's easier to be "neutral" towards friends if they don't know it's you. Considering they don't tell everyone their real identity! 

Also like they said before IF there are any problems just report it and they'll (I hope) deal with it fast enough before there will be any issues.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Bupkis said:

No argument? On others MMO, are they recruiting players through forums to your knowledge? If they recruited real anonymous ofcourse they can remain anonymous and we weren't even talking.

1 hour ago, PraiseTheSun said:

I must say that it is for the best to let them be unknown. Yes, the FE population is small, it's easy to pick out who is who.. however  expecting the GM's will act more professional than on their normal acoount, it should be fine.

If everyone knows who is which GM it can compromise their neutrality. I can assume it's easier to be "neutral" towards friends if they don't know it's you. Considering they don't tell everyone their real identity! 

Also like they said before IF there are any problems just report it and they'll (I hope) deal with it fast enough before there will be any issues.

By recruiting here, their neutrality is maybe already compromised.

BTW i'm done, i understood things won't change.

• Like 1

Fallen Earth has a tiny community, so trying to hide the gms is not going to work(most are already aware of at least one selection). We the community have a right to know who was selected because we literally know everyone. With Matt having no idea what to do with the game, and their efforts to hide gms, i dont see a positive future for Fallen Earth.  If you created a Fallen Earth 2, then picked the gms it wouldnt have been such a big issue.

Aroa

I apologize for spelling your name Wrong, I don't know what was going through my mind and why I typed / spelled your name the way I did...

Heck this time I had to re-look at it 3 times just to make sure I was typing it right.. So My bad, and I apologize again..

13 hours ago, StubbyClaps said:

Fallen Earth has a tiny community, so trying to hide the gms is not going to work(most are already aware of at least one selection). We the community have a right to know who was selected because we literally know everyone. With Matt having no idea what to do with the game, and their efforts to hide gms, i dont see a positive future for Fallen Earth.  If you created a Fallen Earth 2, then picked the gms it wouldnt have been such a big issue.

Maybe just let it be and give them a chance?

I think Matt has a short term plan.fix the code, transfer the code to a new server and blabla. So, I guess making that work and check out his possibilities with the new engine and such is what he wants to do first before telling us what he wants to do exactly. I can't imagine he'd start a project (fixing FE) withiut a global idea what he wants it to look like.

We're in the phase that we just need to wait. But I do totally agree that I'd be nice to have a few of his ideas or suggestions what he think would be good for FE. Just so that we know how the future can look like.. I think a lot of old players are waiting the first updates and changes before installing FE. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PraiseTheSun said:

I think Matt has a short term plan.fix the code, transfer the code to a new server and blabla. So, I guess making that work and check out his possibilities with the new engine and such is what he wants to do first before telling us what he wants to do exactly. I can't imagine he'd start a project (fixing FE) withiut a global idea what he wants it to look like.

We're in the phase that we just need to wait. But I do totally agree that I'd be nice to have a few of his ideas or suggestions what he think would be good for FE. Just so that we know how the future can look like.. I think a lot of old players are waiting the first updates and changes before installing FE. 

Some of these people were already given chances such as being on the decon team. Not alot agreed with what they were doing then, let alone these people being full blown gms.

20 hours ago, KDRefugee said:

Aroa

I apologize for spelling your name Wrong, I don't know what was going through my mind and why I typed / spelled your name the way I did...

Heck this time I had to re-look at it 3 times just to make sure I was typing it right.. So My bad, and I apologize again..

I suggest Spanish classes ;D

9 hours ago, PraiseTheSun said:

No one knows where this is going, the only thing we know is where this has gone ... mistakes must be learned and not make the same mistakes of the past.

I doubt your words, many veterans have moved to other games and will no longer return, and if there are people who will no longer have time for video games since time has passed.

I do not see how to give an opportunity to certain people, I doubt it, because if these people have been trolling, using traps or they know they are friends of these, they would not be a viable option at all, it is more, as I have said if the game took an anticheat these people could go through the defense door of the game.

Honestly, this movement of LO to maintain the anonymity of these people has frustrated me ENORMOUSLY. Honestly I did not expect it.

2 hours ago, StubbyClaps said:

Some of these people were already given chances such as being on the decon team. Not alot agreed with what they were doing then, let alone these people being full blown gms.

If you are talking about Nysek, I see the best GM option. I honestly would not mind, given his high knowledge of the game, his mechanics and I know he is a professional person

Hello again everyone,

This is supposed to be an application opening and closing announcement thread, and not the discussion thread. Explanations of the process were given, and I believe the wider purpose of this thread has been fulfilled. I am looking to keep it clean rather than having announcements buried within the discussion. It will be unlocked again once the applications are re-opened. Meanwhile, any issues are welcome to be discussed in some other threads.

Regards,

Ritual

• Like 1