Ritual

We Want You!

6 hours ago, Ritual said:

Their performance will be monitored, and they can always be replaced with another suitable candidate if they do not fulfill the expectations.

Eagerly waits for the day that chosen one gets disqualified. (I know, I'm a bad kitty).

14 hours ago, Ritual said:

2) Regarding the policies revolving around the issue of "toxicity". Toxicity is a broad term and often loosely used. We cannot define something that is quite often different from one case to the other, and thus we simply deal with it when it comes. That being said, toxicity is also treated with thought, as it does not directly jeopardize the user, but is simply annoying. It is not encouraged or ignored. It is simply handled gradually rather than cut right in.

So "toxicity" or Toxicity nowdays has certain levels in LO's handbook. So people can harass other people but within reason and get away with it. Right, that's a very progressive policy on behalf of a company I must say. When people use "wooden tongue" to explain certain aspects and policies of an organization, it is the point when you realize that something wrong is going on. Honestly, as I said to my previous post, if repeat offenders gets immunity then, there is no hope. Toxicity was one of the main reasons many people left this game and will never come back. Also one of the main reasons was the fact that TRULY toxic people were never punished. So honestly, I am not sure what plans you have about upgrading the engine or the graphics or whatever, but as far as Community Management goes this boat will sink sooner than you think. 

At the end of the day it is your choice of course and your choice only, on how you'll run a game and manage a community. History on the other hand DO judge entities/individuals based on their choices. All we have to do is sit back and wait. 

• Thanks 2

Is this still going on? cos I am a bit tempted to apply myself.

To Ritual:

I believe that in this game there is incompatibility of being gm and doing pvp, since it avocates to non-neutrality.

My impression is that a GM should "help all the players and they should not have any color". The rest that you explain about the gradual punishments and about everything else i see correct, I share your opinion fully.

although the experience in the game is very important in my opinion, since for example the game was not the same in 2011 or 2012 as in 2014 to the present. only, who has played in 2011 or 2012 has seen the great diversity of clans, active blood sports at all levels, pvp at all times and massive pve events. (I say this for the criterion of understanding the game)

Edited by Aroa Croft

On 12/4/2018 at 8:10 PM, Ritual said:

- Game you're applying for: (Specify that it is FE, since we are getting the same application forms for the APB:R)

That specific line caught my eye , i don't play Fallen earth but i do play APB a LOT

Thing is i seen this post here , but not on the APB forums , so how come you guys get the same forms for APB while you never asked for it in the first place ? 🤔

EDIT : Nevermind , wasn't searching the right term i found it here :

just a bit weird that here it got posted in fallen earth forums while the other is on gamersfirst annoucements .

Edited by Ketog
answered my own question

Some toxicity like the players being very abusive in Help channel greatly effects many players. I hope there will be some kind of rules and tools to help GMs deal with these very toxic individuals when they raise their ugly heads.

Their vulgarity is enough to turn players away.

• Like 2

I realize the recruitment of GMs is closed but it sure seems like there are a lot of US times that are not covered.

52 minutes ago, Candyrose said:

I realize the recruitment of GMs is closed but it sure seems like there are a lot of US times that are not covered.

Unfortunately yes. This will certainly be one of the advantages when the GM applications are opened up again.

When I was in the Hazmat team, our "job"  was to babysit help channel and answer basic questions.  To free the GM  to do support and other  actions. Hazmats had no power to do anything.  Over time the GM presence was gone and only the Hazmat staff was left in game babysitting for free.  What are the jobs of these new "GMS" are they going to be glorified Hazmats with no power to do anything. Will their presence in game be stable? Is this a paid position or is this a volunteer position?  I left Hazmat team in 2014 because there was no back up from any GM and I was not getting paid to babysit an entire game. SO I question what exactly is the program you are setting up , what are the parameters and guidelines you wish folks to work in? The only thing I saw was "teamwork"  which is well and all, but usually a Hazmat or a GM is alone dealing with the issue in game, not with a team making a group decisions. Thanks for taking the time to read this. 

Mutare 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mutarenebula said:

When I was in the Hazmat team, our "job"  was to babysit help channel and answer basic questions.  To free the GM  to do support and other  actions. Hazmats had no power to do anything.  Over time the GM presence was gone and only the Hazmat staff was left in game babysitting for free.  What are the jobs of these new "GMS" are they going to be glorified Hazmats with no power to do anything. Will their presence in game be stable? Is this a paid position or is this a volunteer position?  I left Hazmat team in 2014 because there was no back up from any GM and I was not getting paid to babysit an entire game. SO I question what exactly is the program you are setting up , what are the parameters and guidelines you wish folks to work in? The only thing I saw was "teamwork"  which is well and all, but usually a Hazmat or a GM is alone dealing with the issue in game, not with a team making a group decisions. Thanks for taking the time to read this. 

Mutare 

Being gm or hazmat carries a lot of responsibility and as has been seen in the past people have abused it. Some people who have been hazmat or gm liked to "warm up" the discussion and then send reports to try to ban players.

- the worst of which is the reason (harashment) and the period of this restriction (automatically permanent without going through previous periods).

this has been done in past............ nothing more to say 

Edited by Aroa Croft

21 hours ago, Mutarenebula said:

Mutare 

Hello and thank you for your questions, Mutare,

1. GMs are taking up former Hazmat obligation with an addition of the ability to affect the in-game activity to a certain extend we deemed needed and fair in order to enforce rules and regulate gameplay in a way that will hopefully ensure a fair-play and carefree environment for everyone.
2. Yes, we are aiming for GMs to be constantly present in game. We are building our team slowly but steadily, and based on future needs, we will be adding more people to this team. We are making sure we deem each person capable being a GM before we move on and add more people.
3.This is a volunteer position and because of that, we are making sure none of our volunteers are carrying more than they can handle.
5. I cannot talk about details as the confidentiality of my position is not allowing me to do so (and before any might try, GMs are not allowed to respond to these either), but I can say that we are having a GM team that is in constant communication with each other and Community Managers to make sure issues are handled fairly and as fast as possible. Guidelines are the same for each and every GM we have, and they are expected to act accordingly. There is no need to have a bunch of GMs discussing the issue in-game. It is not practical and it delays the resolution of the issue. Nevertheless, we are familiar with their actions and the issues they faces so no, neither of them is really handling any issue completely alone.

I hope you find these answers satisfying.

Regards,
Ritual

I'm afraid some of the players you have recruited have made some of us question why you would think those players would be acceptable GMs. It is a small community so the GMs can hardly hide their identities.

Though while many of us can see why LO has created this volunteer program(cheaper to have volunteers that play), we can also see the negatives of such a program. We have already witnessed GMs favoring their friends over the rest of the community. There will be bias, favoritism and eventually if not already some corrupt behavior. You cannot give power to those that have abused it in the past and expect them to all of a sudden behave.

You state there is LO oversight of these volunteers but as we saw with APB there were those that abused their GM powers. The community there rallied to have them removed while LO believed nothing was wrong, until too much proof was submitted. Have the mistakes of the past been a tool to learn from or just swept under the rug?

So I guess my question is "will there be better oversight of volunteer GMs to make sure they do not misbehave since you have allowed some very undesirable people, previously banned for wrong doings to be part of the program?"

On 1/10/2019 at 8:34 AM, Dracio said:

I'm afraid some of the players you have recruited have made some of us question why you would think those players would be acceptable GMs. It is a small community so the GMs can hardly hide their identities.

Though while many of us can see why LO has created this volunteer program(cheaper to have volunteers that play), we can also see the negatives of such a program. We have already witnessed GMs favoring their friends over the rest of the community. There will be bias, favoritism and eventually if not already some corrupt behavior. You cannot give power to those that have abused it in the past and expect them to all of a sudden behave.

You state there is LO oversight of these volunteers but as we saw with APB there were those that abused their GM powers. The community there rallied to have them removed while LO believed nothing was wrong, until too much proof was submitted. Have the mistakes of the past been a tool to learn from or just swept under the rug?

So I guess my question is "will there be better oversight of volunteer GMs to make sure they do not misbehave since you have allowed some very undesirable people, previously banned for wrong doings to be part of the program?"

Alright well, regarding the choice of GMs for Fallen Earth, we've elected people that we deemed the best from the group we had applying for the position. I am not going to discuss the past issues some of them may have had in the game, since the background of those was as well thoroughly investigated before we decided to give them a go.

If you have any direct evidence and information about any of our active GMs abusing their power in any way, feel free to PM me with evidence and complaint, and I will certainly make sure to fix the issue if said issue is present. I also cannot speak of will something happen or not as we do not jump to conclusions regarding such potential scenarios. That being said, we are more than ready to deal with the problem when (and if) it arises. So again, if there are any evidence of foul behavior inside the current team, feel free to present them to me in private.

The team of volunteers working with us on Fallen Earth has nothing to do with those working on APB as they are two different team with two different handlers. As I previously stated, GMs are contacted and are reporting through the official channels.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StubbyClaps said:

Can we get an announcement for who was picked?

Does not matter, does it?

The chosen ones would go under new names, but their personalities and behaviours are free for anyone to guess.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, StubbyClaps said:

Can we get an announcement for who was picked?

I am totally agree with you.

It would be good if the game gave transparency in this aspect showing who the current gm are from the game.

The game should not hide this data, here we are not to judge anyone, just to play

13 hours ago, Aroa Croft said:

It would be good if the game gave transparency in this aspect showing who the current gm are from the game.

The game should not hide this data, here we are not to judge anyone, just to play

If you were chosen, would you go around telling others you are a GM?

34 minutes ago, Guinylen said:

If you were chosen, would you go around telling others you are a GM?

I'm not asking for the selected GMS to make an announcement, but i am asking for cms or even Matt to let us know who was picked.  LO chose to pull from players of the game. It's only fair that the community gets to know who they picked and if it was a solid decision.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StubbyClaps said:

I'm not asking for the selected GMS to make an announcement, but i am asking for cms or even Matt to let us know who was picked.  LO chose to pull from players of the game. It's only fair that the community gets to know who they picked and if it was a solid decision.

That question was directed at Aroa.

but anyway it's highly unprobable to announce the chosen ones, since there are things like NDA put in place.

Not only the NDA, but also the fact that we unfortunately cannot count on the entire community to be objective of person's ability to keep the position even if privately they are having a beef with said person. We cannot allow any of GMs to suffer their positive or negative image with some people in the community, which would absolutely ruin their own objective approach to their duties. Abuse of powers by treating someone unfairly better because they are a friend, as well as carrying a stigma over something they allegedly did is both counterproductive, and even though we gave it a go, it did not give us the results we looked for. Therefore, unfortunately no. We will not be publishing the identities of the users we've chosen.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Guinylen said:

That question was directed at Aroa.

but anyway it's highly unprobable to announce the chosen ones, since there are things like NDA put in place.

My answer is that from my point of view I like to show transparency and I would not mind saying that I am gm.

I have never hidden and I do not need to do it, I am who I am, with my qualities and my failures. I am one of those brave people who assume all their actions for good or for bad.

While I do not understand that of the "NDA" of hiding identities of the moderators of the game who have played the game all these years, although I can understand it for aspects of the game such as Bugs or things that could spoil it or to get information about the game or accounts or personal data.

The question I ask Ritual: Will the "new GM" be allowed to do pvp? if so, we have again the influence "external" again and the "NO NEUTRALITY" and more seeing that this game does not have a very basic thing called "Anticheat" and if it has it will be handled by certain people who have been able to access this position GM to continue what they were doing with total impunity, that's what the "chosen names" are about and to know at least "if any of them have been previously banned by" cheating "

While I know that Lixil is the boss who is the head of this team and I fully trust that She will control them, but even if these "false gm" could access reserved information of the anticheat to surpass it.

Edited by Aroa Croft

1 minute ago, Aroa Croft said:

[...]Will the "new GM" be allowed to do pvp?

GM accounts cannot play the game.

3 minutes ago, Aroa Croft said:

[...]"if any of them have been previously banned by" cheating "

Whoever is selected won't instantly become a GM, there is a further screening process and ultimately an interview.

Be that as it may, GM identities will not be revealed. That is final and not subjected to change.

13 minutes ago, BrightNightLight said:

GM accounts cannot play the game.

Whoever is selected won't instantly become a GM, there is a further screening process and ultimately an interview.

Be that as it may, GM identities will not be revealed. That is final and not subjected to change.

Poor decision imo. The Fallen Earth community is extremely small so trying to hide your gms isnt going to work out well....

• Like 1