Sign in to follow this  
TheManWithoutName

can be banned for use overwolf?

10 hours ago, Ignas / qsn said:

There are people speedhacking and not getting caught, overwolf is not detectable anyway.

I'm lost....

Isn't overwolf from teamspeak and is just used to communicate in game like how discord does its overlay? How would overwolf speedhack then?

23 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

I'm lost....

Isn't overwolf from teamspeak and is just used to communicate in game like how discord does its overlay? How would overwolf speedhack then?

Overwolf has crosshair shaders. Not an ingame one, but an external one. Crosshair shaders is a grey area if u are aware. Also battleye doesnt allow certain overlays. 

Edited by Defibrillator
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Defibrillator said:

Overwolf has crosshair shaders. Not an ingame one, but an external one. Crosshair shaders is a grey area if u are aware. Also battleye doesnt allow certain overlays. 

last i checked the crosshair shaders were taken down (at least the ones i used a few years ago last i checked) and couldn't be used since. Havn't bothered checking again, did they make new ones or something?

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

I'm lost....

He was saying that if battleye couldnt even detect speedhackers, it wouldn't detect anything from overwolf.

56 minutes ago, owzzy said:

He was saying that if battleye couldnt even detect speedhackers, it wouldn't detect anything from overwolf.

But BattleEye does detect..... just not 100% because no anti cheat does detect 100%

2 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

last i checked the crosshair shaders were taken down (at least the ones i used a few years ago last i checked) and couldn't be used since. Havn't bothered checking again, did they make new ones or something?

I saw one in early 2018.

Edited by Defibrillator

I think Battleye got verifed programs list and Overwolf is on it.

31 minutes ago, Mitne said:

I think Battleye got verifed programs list and Overwolf is on it.

NO,

Battleye says usage of macro and autohotkey is not bannable in other games like R6 and pubg, bt its bannable in apb. There is a player who asked in social dist "hey why do i get kicked for autohotkey?" 

If you're wondering whether he might have downloaded ahk, the answer is no. He was using the software which came along with his razer mice.

So it varies from game to game.

Edited by Defibrillator

1 minute ago, Defibrillator said:

NO,

Battleye says usage of macro and autohotkey is not bannable in other games like R6 and pubg, bt its bannable in apb. There is a player who asked in social dist "hey why do i get kicked for autohotkey?" 

If you're wondering whether he was using a software which he downloaded, the answer is no. He was using the software which came along with his razer mice.

Huh.

Bad. I don't see it that much working anyway.

Edited by Mitne

11 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

All G1 did was disallow discussion on the forums. They took no action in preventing custom shaders.

Overwolf uses an overlay injection similar to Steam, discord, sweetfx and other apps, which is different from the in game shaders. Battleye can be configured to block it, but I don't think it is atm. You also would not get banned. Battleye would prevent APB from launching and display a message informing the user which file was blocked.

6 hours ago, Defibrillator said:

NO,

If you're wondering whether he might have downloaded ahk, the answer is no. He was using the software which came along with his razer mice.

Most anti-cheats block autohotkey by default. It's stupid since it's very useful outside of gaming, like with CAD software that requires you to press 5 keys to do something. Gaming device software is whitelisted, which most can do the same thing AHK does.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

All G1 did was disallow discussion on the forums. They took no action in preventing custom shaders.

Overwolf uses an overlay injection similar to Steam, discord, sweetfx and other apps, which is different from the in game shaders. Battleye can be configured to block it, but I don't think it is atm. You also would not get banned. Battleye would prevent APB from launching and display a message informing the user which file was blocked.

Not what i meant. The overlay i had used got "removed" from overwolf and I couldnt access it on my computer, and couldn't find it anymore when i looked it up on overwolf. Something saying about removed by owner/overwolf due to gaming company something or other action.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

Hey there, I'm Tony from Overwolf.

Although MrsHappyPenguin summed up pretty accurately (which makes us happy, thank you penguin! :) ),

I'd like to share some notes for the topic.

First, like MrsHappyPenguin said, Overwolf does inject an overlay which works differently from cross shaders.

Second, Overwolf is approved and will not get you banned. If you'd like to read why, please visit:
https://medium.com/overwolf/is-overwolf-going-to-get-me-banned-1ae8a666f66d

TL;DR
As avid gamers ourselves, we are working closely with game publishers to ensure that every app we publish is aligned with their ToS and their 3rd party policies.

Thanks for the read
Game on!
Tony from Overwolf

Sign in to follow this