Virgil

Severe issues that -need- to be addressed

I agree with everyone but we all know the most important thing that's needed in this game right now is GUN BALANCE and EVENTS. 

6 hours ago, Virgil said:

If you check out my stream

pls ban for advertisement

really tho most of the issues you’ve outlined boil down to a serious lack of consistency, which is a horrible thing to base a pvp game around

inconsistency takes control away from players and reduces, sometimes even negates, player skill - laughable in a game that relies entirely on both 

• Like 1

Something that nobody has mentioned.

My volume on my computer is set to 10(Windows 7), I wear headphones.

I used to be able to hear it at 2 back in 2010/2011.

Most online games that have voice chat, I'm fine with.

But this game?

This voice chat?

Vivox has to be boosted to ONE-HUNDRED and everything else isolated because at 10, I cannot hear it.

I know a lot of people use discord and teamspeak(would be great to have plugins for both that work with APB) but for the ones who don't use it, like me-

It's a nightmare forgetting to reset the audio again for APB and being unable to communicate to your teammate fast enough without having to pause and chat.

EDIT-Coming off the game and forgetting to set the audio for normal for new programs/games starting up is the equivalent of walking out of a quiet room into a concert split second later. Doesn't do too well on the eardrums.

EDIT-This isn't really an issue, but the SBSR "IRS" is not accessible through ARMAS through the normal means of clicking on menus and links.

You have to google search the product page.

Edited by Caesruul
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Provocate said:

I agree with everyone but we all know the most important thing that's needed in this game right now is GUN BALANCE and EVENTS. 

i disagree with gun balance. they are not that unbalanced. they are by far not as problematic than any other problem we talked about in this thread. i maintain a neutral position at events.

Original_WW22791.jpg

3 minutes ago, Caesruul said:

Something that nobody has mentioned.

My volume on my computer is set to 10(Windows 7), I wear headphones.

I used to be able to hear it at 2 back in 2010/2011.

Most online games that have voice chat, I'm fine with.

But this game?

This voice chat?

Vivox has to be boosted to ONE-HUNDRED and everything else isolated because at 10, I cannot hear it.

I know a lot of people use discord and teamspeak(would be great to have plugins for both that work with APB) but for the ones who don't use it, like me-

It's a nightmare forgetting to reset the audio again for APB and being unable to communicate to your teammate fast enough without having to pause and chat.

Vivox is trash... sorry but it sucks up cpu clocks and power, while not being used anymore/useful. While I think it's best to play with others, I know very well that is not an option all the time. Best thing would be to change to a new VoIP software.

6 minutes ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

i disagree with gun balance. they are not that unbalanced. they are by far not as problematic than any other problem we talked about in this thread. i maintain a neutral position at events.

[image]

i’m pretty sure he was being sarcastic, as these are some of the first things orbit has done rather than focus on core issues

arguably, core issues may or may not be fixable until the engine upgrade and they are full steam ahead on that, but it doesn’t change the fact that the player base still has to deal with this stuff right now

3 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

Vivox is trash... sorry but it sucks up cpu clocks and power, while not being used anymore/useful. While I think it's best to play with others, I know very well that is not an option all the time. Best thing would be to change to a new VoIP software.

i’m not sure if it’s still in use, but vivox in r6 siege was crystal clear and didn’t seem to have any crazy usage issues

as with most stuff i’d guess it’s just another symptom of the mess that is APBs custom/ue3 engine mishmash

Edited by BXNNXD
merged
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

~snip~

i’m not sure if it’s still in use, but vivox in r6 siege was crystal clear and didn’t seem to have any crazy usage issues

as with most stuff i’d guess it’s just another symptom of the mess that is APBs custom/ue3 engine mishmash

Probably, it worked before, and I forgot which update broke it. So that's probably something that I've forgotten about.

If L.O. can fix Vivox and make it work with the new engine, then I have no issue. no need to replace it.

2 hours ago, Flight said:

Will be keeping this thread in the social section for now.

Im pretty hard on the forum mods, so I just wanted to pop in and give credit where it is due... good job on this one!!!

BLbzYou.gif

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

Original_WW22791.jpg

can we fucking stop this kid from spamming these dumb bears yo man ima make a forum acct and post some bears and they will be like whoaAaAaaaa bear guy shoot me in the back of the head man

2 hours ago, Flight said:

Very constructive posts.

Keeping a close eye on this, feel free to continue your discussions and ideas.

Will be keeping this thread in the social section for now.

congratulations on your promotion

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

i’m pretty sure he was being sarcastic, as these are some of the first things orbit has done rather than focus on core issues

oooooh right, i totally forgot we actually had a weapon balance patch

48 minutes ago, Provocate said:

[image]

welp, looks like echo's cousin was right haha. you gotta tell me man. way too many "quality" --serious posts like that lately

27 minutes ago, Percocet said:

can we fucking stop this kid from spamming these dumb bears yo man ima make a forum acct and post some bears and they will be like whoaAaAaaaa bear guy shoot me in the back of the head man

are you going to call it... percobear? bearcocet?

ok, imma leave a smaller bear this time

polar-bear-cub_917.jpg

the "i hate polar bear images club" was founded by ghosT. the polar bears stopped, but they came back because of popular demand. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ what can i do?

Edited by TheOppositePolarBear

1 hour ago, Percocet said:

Agreed, is getting really annoying, my wheeled friend.

Became more of a general game issues thread, instead of just servers. 

All audio levels OTHER THAN GUNSHOTS, FOOTSTEPS and ENGINES should be fully adjustable. 

A couple extra sliders in the options menu with ambient noise, car music and etc. 

Haven't read the rest, did not find interesting, i'll make sure to read it later. I do agree on audio. 

7 hours ago, Virgil said:

You are wrong, and very wrong.

You can fit a pioneer or espacio in every area of the game except for the same interiors that no vehicle in the game can go.. That's an actual fact, and very easy to prove.

Care to explain this?

Coywolf

Pioneer

9 minutes ago, owzzy said:

Care to explain this?

Coywolf

Pioneer

there’s a banana joke here somewhere

10 hours ago, Virgil said:

Spread/Hit Registry

Both are weapon issues, so i'll include them here in the same category.

Weapon spread is a poor balance mechanic in most cases, especially when it completely dictates a fight. For instance, having some spread on an NTEC or when spamming a huntress, or maybe an LMG is acceptable. Having things like this happen is unacceptable. If you are actually doing nothing wrong, you should not be losing the fight because RNG is dictating that you should lose the fight. There was a term that Activision and EA like to use for things like this that lower the skill ceiling, and they presented it at some con not too long ago and showed some statistics. I'd give the term name but it's been some time since I watched their presentations and don't remember it. If someone does, please post, but... Mechanics like this that exist to lower the skill ceiling, as long as used in moderation can result in a higher population of non-hardcore players. Used extensively (as i see APB does, with things like this, and spawns, and other mechanics such as cardet) it will result in a lower population of both hardcore and non hardcore players.

Hit registry is still an issue. This bug, as shown here, from a video i found uploaded in 2012, is still relatively common. The other common issue is you getting all visual indicators of you actually hitting your opponent, and then still not doing any damage. Commonly found with Desync.

The first example can be explained very easily. APB:R calculates your crosshair at 10m. With it being a, more or less, expanding cone. Meaning that the crosshair size is not an accurate representation of your probability to hit past that distance in some cases. Especially with weapons that have low accuracy. The accuracy isn't the problem here. In-fact it helps keep weapons balanced and niches that otherwise wouldn't be available to exist. That said the representation shown is absolutely horrible. That's the aspect I think needs to be revamped. Not the entire games weapon balance (well... that's another issue entirely).

Was going to say more but I feel like this type of thing has been discussed as naseum at this stage. Just can't bring myself to do it. That said Little Orbit may find this sort if thing invaluable. Probably gives all kinds of insight that is otherwise a royal pain in the arse to find. If it can be found in detail at all. Keep it up!

Edited by Genobee

problems with apb

no trenchcoats

no fur coats long or short

no motorcycles

no car racetracks

no wheelchair to race in

no fat lady singing so I can finally smoke a cigar

@Virgil Just curious, what is your internet speed (upload and download)? I feel like I have the desync or hitreg issues frequently where no matter how on-point my aim is nothing lands or a small fraction lands. However, my internet sucks at 1.3mb/s down and 0.3 mb/s up which has notable impact.

Regarding the audio, it doesn't seem right to allow some to have stuff off or lower while others can't or don't know. I would like to see it consistent for everyone and agree it needs to be addressed better. I feel the same about visuals when I see streams or videos of some who've disable so much graphical content to where there's really no smoke, no gun effects or other things that normally obscure or limit visibility. Players only using in-game settings, while even on minimum, still contend with them. Spraying with a LMG, for example, is quite different when there's no muzzle flash or smoke compared to how it is in normal graphic settings. It's a complicated issue, too, due to variable hardware performance but it's questionable when it seems to give advantage aside from increased FPS.

20 hours ago, Virgil said:

You can fit a pioneer or espacio in every area of the game except for the same interiors that no vehicle in the game can go.. That's an actual fact, and very easy to prove.

This isn't so much a balance thread as a fixing thread. Yet again, you are still wrong both about rifles, TTK, and matchmaking.

Rating does not correlate with skill, the hidden threat does, but its hidden.

Again, this thread isn't about balance, its about serious issues.

well thats my point, most of the times u get killed by a car det is on the streets or a parking besides that u should be fine and its pretty easy to evade

17 hours ago, Keshi said:

i tried finding something to disagree on...sadly i couldn't. This post sums up basically everything wrong with the game

I don't see how a well written post making no wrong statements is a sad thing 😛

There's a difference between constructive criticism and shitflinging

This post is the prime example of constructive criticism done right

Edited by Nitronik

21 hours ago, Virgil said:

Aside from what owzzy posted, there are a ton of areas that are accessible with a Vaquero/Mikro/other small vehicle that Pioneer/Espacio cannot get into. There are some areas a T-25 can get into that Pioneer/Espacio cannot as well.

57 minutes ago, Nitronik said:

Most of OP's points are right or have some credence, but they were wrong about one thing.

In any case, I don't particularly want LO to address these in the current engine, as the more time spent getting 3.5 out the door, the better.

Edited by Knite

26 minutes ago, Knite said:

In any case, I don't particularly want LO to address these in the current engine, as the more time spent getting 3.5 out the door, the better.

Civil discussion never hurts, but yours is a fair concern tbh

1 hour ago, Nitronik said:

Sometimes finding some cons can get the discussion to a more interesting state and add more to the table...in this case, well there is no cons xD So all we can do here is agree with OP lol