Virgil

Severe issues that -need- to be addressed

These are coming from things i've seen as an experienced player. I usually witness these things being abused to the fullest extent as I am typically playing with/against the better half of the population on the NA server. A good half of the issues listed below result in the game feeling cheesy at best, sketchy at worst. Majority of the time you spend playing the game, the more noticeable these issues are, and the more frustrating it gets.

Spawns

Car spawners do not suffer from the same restrictions as normal spawnpoints. You can put a car spawner and a normal spawnpoint on top of eachother, there is a distance where you are not allowed to spawn on the normal spawn, but you can spawn on the car spawn. It is extremely regular to see enemies spawn in a car less than 15 meters from you in perfect view. This mod needs heavily rebalancing, and the changes made need to be made to match up with the actual spawn system.

The entire spawn system, excluding car spawns needs to be redone. The current existing problems are:

Players can spawn in perfect view of enemies and objectives.

Players can have all possible spawns restricted, FORCING a vehicular spawn effectively skipping a spawn timer in some cases, even if its 1100+ meters away, or if the vehicular spawn is 0m from an enemy. Oh yeah, this also shifts your spawn. So if one of you gets bugged, then the rest of you wipe, the rest of your teams spawns will likely shift to your available spawns. GG when you have two minutes left in a capture and your whole teams spawns gets shifted 1100m.

Spawns can be pushed in certain areas of the map where you can force your opposition to have only one spawn, and you can hold them there indefinitely provided your team doesn't get wiped.

You can find some prime examples here and here. If necessary, i can provide up to 26 hours of straight bullshoot footage of spawns from a week of gameplay. This is real engaging shit, real fun. /s

This is also by far, the BIGGEST problem with the game.

Bonus clips:

Audio

There is far too much noise pollution in the game, and not enough options to customize what you hear. This resorts in people using configs to remove all ambient noise, so you only hear relevant audio such as footsteps, combat related noises, doors, etc.

The problem with this is that it puts everyone who doesn't use a config at an inherent disadvantage, because, all the ambient noises are far louder than the actual useful noises.

An example for good audio settings would be actual functioning voice volume sliders, ambient noise sliders, actual combat fx sliders.

A lot of useful noises are also buggy, three examples:

It is not uncommon for the cardet noise to not play at all, and when it does, to be quieter than a footstep.

Sometimes kicking a door results in no noise.

Grenades can have no noise.

Desync

No idea what causes this one, check out the videos here, here, here, here, and here. I've personally experienced this at least 20-30 times a game session, it results in myself and my friends feeling cheated. I can't imagine how many noobs must quit because they think they're getting cheated.

I don't have any videos on hand of this, but, this is most frequently noticeable with grenades killing you when you are clearly behind a wall.

Spread/Hit Registry

Both are weapon issues, so i'll include them here in the same category.

Weapon spread is a poor balance mechanic in most cases, especially when it completely dictates a fight. For instance, having some spread on an NTEC or when spamming a huntress, or maybe an LMG is acceptable. Having things like this and this happen is unacceptable. If you are actually doing nothing wrong, you should not be losing the fight because RNG is dictating that you should lose the fight. There was a term that Activision and EA like to use for things like this that lower the skill ceiling, and they presented it at some con not too long ago and showed some statistics. I'd give the term name but it's been some time since I watched their presentations and don't remember it. If someone does, please post, but... Mechanics like this that exist to lower the skill ceiling, as long as used in moderation can result in a higher population of non-hardcore players. Used extensively (as i see APB does, with things like this, and spawns, and other mechanics such as cardet) it will result in a lower population of both hardcore and non hardcore players.

Hit registry is still an issue. This bug, as shown here, from a video i found uploaded in 2012, is still relatively common. The other common issue is you getting all visual indicators of you actually hitting your opponent, and then still not doing any damage. Commonly found with Desync.

Vehicles

Any player worth their salt will be using a 4 slot Pioneer or Espacio because of the age old steel plating buff. It's faster than any non endgame vehicle. It's literally a tank and can survive an OSMAW hit and then some. The vehicles fit pretty much anywhere. These two vehicles combined with explosives 3 and car-det basically result in easy frags as when done properly, the enemy cannot dodge it at all due to the increased radius, especially when you acknowledge the fact the cardet noise doesn't even play half the time. The car is also big enough to easily block entryways, and even after blowing up, the husk will block an entry way for the better part of a minute.

Prior to the commonality of cardet and post-buff SP3, all the endgame cars were used and had reasons to be used. Right now if you use anything other than a Pioneer/Espacio/Vegas, you are asking to forego the biggest advantage in the game.

Non-endgame cars that exist blow up pretty much instantly, this makes for far more difficulty with certain missions when an OCA clip and a perc will blow up your objective, but more on that in the Missions section.

Oh yeah, don't forget how broken the car spawner mod is as you read all of this too.

Missions

Destroy camera/ebox/window, small, and medium item pickup stages need to be removed from all missions. They are essentially a waste of time. They require no effort on part of the attacker and can easily be accomplished, it's common at high level play to not even bother going to defend these stages, or in the case of destroy missions, the defenders will often just destroy it themselves. How exactly do you stop an enemy from spawning 100m out and shooting a camera with an HVR once, exactly?

Car missions need to be rebalanced in their entirety. Ciscos, T-25's, and Varzuga's have far too little HP. It's a joke to actually try to seriously win these missions on offense. Any coordinated team will constantly block the car, they will blow up in less than 2-3 seconds with a coordinated team shooting it. Good luck if you encounter an ALIG or OSMAW. Oh yeah, best part is even when you wipe them, they are likely to simply spawn in front of you and blow your car up as you are en route to the objective.

Mission timers need to be standardized. It makes no sense and is downright unfair for certain defuse or drop objectives to complete almost instantaneously, and others take the better part of 30 seconds. If it is absolutely necessary to keep this for whatever dumb reason someone can come up with, at the very least finish releasing all the equipment slots. Some objectives take forever, even with tier 4 equipment, at least this way it would reduce the tedium of having to swap equipment.

Related to the first three here - Instant vehicular drops/instant vehicular checkpoints either need to be removed, or timers added, particularly if the cars present in these missions are changed or buffed. You aren't stopping a Fresno from instantly going through that checkpoint, sorry bud.

VIP missions should not be obtainable in 2v2 matches, pretty self explanatory.

Defense missions are far too easy to win. Defense/Offense should cycle stages. Theyre easy because not only is Defense naturally easier, due to the fact you are defending, usually you get a defend on multiple points on a sub 3minute objective in a hard to attack spot like German Roof. Combine this with you getting fortunate with the spawn RNG making it near impossible for an enemy to win the stage on certain objectives, or, you spawnlock them into a singular spawn and camp them with long range weapons. Easy GG. It's also a bit depressing higher threat players never get them. If you check out my stream, I average one defense mission per 8 hours. Nice content, i suppose.

Bugs, bugs, bugs

Far too common. Prime examples --

Mahjong Money results in an instant win maybe 5-10% of the time for people who pick up the item first in the final stage. By pickup, i mean simply touching the item. By instant win, i mean the second they hit F on it, it results in an instant win.

I don't know the name off the top of my head, but, there is another mission where one of the stages results in picking up a small item for the attacker. The defender can walk up to the small item and hit F on it resulting in an instant win.

Grenades can be thrown through doors.... still...

Doors can be open and appear closed, same with fences, resulting in you thinking you can't be shot, but surprise, you actually can because you just assume that you are experiencing the other bug that still isn't fixed where you can see players names through doors and garages.

Flare gun won't spot people half the time despite exploding within 20m in plain view. Ill post footage of this.

Certain parts of the map have invisible bumps. Prime example is across from "The Gas Station" in Waterfront, random invisible bump that will explode your car when you hit it at a high enough speed or send you flying for no apparent reason.

Certain parts of the map still don't render, resulting in newbies thinking people are immortal. This is often small railings, also very frustrating when you are playing at long range. Most noticeable in WF.

Grenades shot out of an OPGL or STUN-PGL often completely vanish for no reason. Normal grenades do this too, more prevalent on waterfront.

You are able to spot people sometimes using the spotter mod and flaregun when you can see their names through walls and doors.

This post has a bunch more to be add, if i stay perma mad it will be updated. For now this should be enough to start some form of discussion.

Community contributions i can personally verify:

On 12/4/2018 at 9:30 AM, VanilleKeks said:

Great post, I'll add some own issues from the top of my head, regardless of urgency. Compiling a list of issues in a big thread is a good idea as long as we keep it constructive. Will update over time probably.

Missions:

- Creme de la crime should be removed or rebalanced. Also it is bugged as well. When someone picks up the item in stage 5 it results in an instawin. Though I have noticed that this seems to apply to enforcers more than crims.

- Your Drop - Their Drop with heavy items often have incredible distances inbetween the drops. Just dropping one item and then defending the other ones makes it almost impossible to win for the enemy if played well. Sometimes they are also barely 30 meters apart which makes it an (admittedly fun) mess but having two objectives that close to each other results in some horrific spawns for one side.

- VIP should be turned into double VIP like in asylum. Not exactly sure how this would play out on a largeer map but it's worth testing

Bugs:

- The trajectory of grenades (hand and launcher ones), as well as rockets get completely messed up when shot/thrown close to a car. Seems to happen more in marksman mode.

- Meteor mod sometimes just doesn't work or makes you instantly explode.

- There's a bug for nade launchers, especially the EOL series where when you jumpshoot it just shoots straight downwards

- Concussion grenades can sometimes vanish when thrown under a car.

- Concussion grenades sometimes do no damage.

Edited by Virgil
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 14

Great post, I'll add some own issues from the top of my head, regardless of urgency. Compiling a list of issues in a big thread is a good idea as long as we keep it constructive. Will update over time probably.

Missions:

- Creme de la crime should be removed or rebalanced. Also it is bugged as well. When someone picks up the item in stage 5 it results in an instawin. Though I have noticed that this seems to apply to enforcers more than crims.

- Your Drop - Their Drop with heavy items often have incredible distances inbetween the drops. Just dropping one item and then defending the other ones makes it almost impossible to win for the enemy if played well. Sometimes they are also barely 30 meters apart which makes it an (admittedly fun) mess but having two objectives that close to each other results in some horrific spawns for one side.

- VIP should be turned into double VIP like in asylum. Not exactly sure how this would play out on a larger map but it's worth testing

Bugs:

- The trajectory of grenades (hand and launcher ones), as well as rockets get completely messed up when shot/thrown close to a car. Seems to happen more in marksman mode.

- Meteor mod sometimes just doesn't work or makes you instantly explode.

- There's a bug for nade launchers, especially the EOL series where when you jumpshoot it just shoots straight downwards

- Spotter mod sometimes refuses to spot people until you've shot a bullet, revealing your position. Seems to occur more often after a respawn where you havem't fired any bullets yet.

Edited by VanilleKeks
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Becoming a bit of an urban prophet are we? Nonetheless, the above are all valid points that need to be addressed. But if I may ask, which would you categorise as the most important? Which would you like to see tackled first? For me, itd be the missions.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Kempington said:

Becoming a bit of an urban prophet are we? Nonetheless, the above are all valid points that need to be addressed. But if I may ask, which would you categorise as the most important? Which would you like to see tackled first? For me, itd be the missions.

spawns or missions are about tied tbh

i dont think you could get me to decide between the two with a gun to my head

• Like 6

Those complaints are pretty much what I expect from a vet. I agree with the whole thing and they all need addressing. 
Personally think missions need addressing as a priority in my opinion.

With desync bug being the most annoying

Edited by Shini
  • Like 1

Pretty much sums up the main issues of the game, well done. As for things they should look into first I'd say that Cars and Car Modifications should be looked into and get a major overhaul, next up would be missions but this is something they would likely have to wait with until the release of 3.5 as from what I heard, changing missions isn't exactly an easy task on the current engine. (Not to mention all the bugs it could introduce).

I'll be going into some of the things you noted and give my opinion on them.

Spawns

Spawns are definitely not great in APB and I think that some improvements can be done, especially to the Car Spawner mod, however, with APB being Open World and a Map like Waterfront being designed around these open areas, it is incredibly difficult to create a perfect spawning system and I honestly do not think it can be done in APB because if you tried to make spawns fair you would either be forced to spawn players over 100 meters away from where they died to reduce the chances of a LoS spawn or code the system in such a way that it takes current player positions and LoS into account which would be incredibly complex in a game like this and would likely also heavily limit the number of spawns points you will get. 

As for Car Spawners, it was rumored that the mod itself is Grid-based which could explain why sometimes you can't spawn on a regular spawn but can spawn on a Car spawner right on top of said regular spawn. This would also explain the relatively rare cases in which someones spawns 15 meters or even closer away from you. One thing I noticed over thousands of hours is that the head-scratching kind of spawns happen far more frequently if one or even both parties are in a vehicle driving towards the spawn point which could mean that the spawn update rate isn't exactly fast? If this was the case, finding a way to increase said update rate could be a way to fix some of the issues.

Audio

I would honestly like them to add a feature in 3.5 that allows players to change their volumes as you've described. They could also try and mess with the sound of certain things such as footsteps as right now they're pretty quiet and allowing players to hear someone walking up to them could be an interesting change.

Desync

This issue started happening when they tried to fix a rare bug that duplicated your hitbox and is related to your character model being pushed by your own car as you get out of its driver seat. It is incredibly easy to reproduce and even abuse as all you have to do is drift right and get out of the car while you're turning. This will result in the car pushing you during the time you're invulnerable to the car and desync your character model and animations. To note is that the bug seems to have become worse over the years (?) as nowadays you could get desynced while driving in a straight line, getting out of the car and only being clipped ever so slightly by it. I've also heard that another bug that teleports your character up ever so slightly when breaking into a car can also cause this.

It is also likely that the issue is probably unfixable till 3.5.

Spread/Hit Registry

Okay so, this one is a bit tricky as APB was designed around having Bloom for most of their guns as a major balancing factor and I honestly do not think it is an issue as it usually limits guns to their effective ranges. I get that the occassional death due to getting bad RNG is frustrating but it honestly doesn't happen very often at all, I can only think of a hand full of guns that sometimes felt like I was doing bad because I was getting bad RNG, namely the PMG or sometimes even the FBW or .45. I still do not think that it is an issue as all three of those can poke or even kill very efficiently at further ranges.

As for Hit Registry itself, there are no real words to describe how bad it has become after the Network changes LO did earlier this year. Guns like the OSCAR, ISSR-B and Scout are heavily affected by it as you can tell far easier that your hits aren't being registered instead of thinking that you simply had bad RNG. (This could also be a reason why RNG feels "bad" even tho it is not your RNG but rather the server not registering your shots correctly)

Usually speaking, you will notice that something is up with just about every gun that is close to being pinpoint accurate, especially on moving targets. Here are a few clips that show what I am describing.

Vehicles

This is by far the most common thing for me that makes missions unenjoyable, over the years cars have become a massive crutch as new modifications were designed with the idea of making cars more than just ways of transportation in mind. This has undoubtedly made the gameplay on the top level incredibly boring as it is all about sitting in your car and playing incredibly passive. I'd argue that against a team of decent players it is pretty much impossible to take out a car on your own, even with concussion grenades as they still provide way too much protection for the player even after their car was set on fire. Players can simply get out and repair their car with a blowtorch as they are in no real danger of the car exploding as it provides them cover and also will not deal any explosion damage due to High-Burn Fuel being used on pretty much every car at a somewhat reasonable level of play due to its sheer strength with no weakness. And even in the case of successfully blowing up one of the cars which often requires a lot of teamwork to even accomplish, the person that died can likely spawn close to a car spawner and get his car back while you're still trying to take out the cars of his teammates which often simply won't happen by the time someone respawns and comes back with their car.

I believe that Cars and Modifications for Cars are in need of a drastic change and possibly even complete overhaul for some. 

Things I had in mind would be lowering the amount of health for most cars in the game and severely lowering the amount of health for the top 3 cars in the game which would be the Seiyo Espacio, Nulander Pioneer and 4x4 Vegas, effectively putting the Espacio and Pioneer into the last Critical Stage before exploding after just 1 Concussion grenade and going as far as being able to take out a full health 4x4 with just a single Concussion grenade.

As for the mods, I want to see a proper downside to High-Burn Fuel such as lowering the overall health of the car by 10-15% meaning that if they also apply the change that reduces the health of the cars in general Espacios and Pioneers should go from 100 to 0 after just one Concussion grenade.

They could also try to rework Steel Plating so instead of -30% Reduced Weapon damage it would ONLY protect you against Missile based Explosives such as OSMAW's or AAPD's.

Mobile Radar tower should also be looked into once they fix the bug that currently prevents it from functioning

These are just a few examples of what they could do to balance cars and their modifications, doing all of it, however, would definitely be overkill, especially when it comes to nerfing things that affect the car's health in one way or another.

Missions

There is a lot to missions in this game, way too much for me to bring it all up but I agree with a couple of the points you make such as the Vandalize and Car missions. 

Missions are the holy grail of APB but instead of completely reworking them I would like for LO to start with the easier things to fix in missions first, such as mission timers! Right now Scavenger last stages are a complete mess, not only have they recently become bugged but they also have one of the most unforgiving and often fairly stupid stage times in the game. Right now it feels like the MAJORITY of Scavenger missions has a 5 minute stage time which is not nearly enough for the stage to play out properly, considering that some involve heavy items and often have the drops for each team spread 500 or even 800 meters apart, not giving the room for any sort of comeback which means that the first team to deliver the item and get a single point of score for their team will win the mission. This is exactly the reason why G1 changed your drop their drop to Scavenger, however, they did not adjust the stage timers at all when doing this.

I would like to see set stage timers for each of the different End Stages so there is enough time for them to be played out properly with chances of coming back from a bad start. In my head, the ideal time for most End stages would be 10 minutes. This includes: Item Holds, 1/3 Point holds, 1/3 Spray point holds, both variants of Deathmatch and Scavenger missions. As for Bomb stages, they should keep the 5-minute timer and change the last stage from "The Hidden Menace" to the normal bomb stage type as it is currently the only one left that uses the RTW bomb stage which I believe is unintended.

Now when it comes to VIP I would propose an overhaul to the stage, this could go in 2 ways, you would either have to assign VIP's to either team and restrict them to a playing field so you don't run into a situation in which both teams camp with their VIP on opposite sides of the map or you try to make the stage more balanced around a single VIP. I think that having a marker above the VIP's head that updates in real time is one of the big issues as it allows the attackers to perfectly prenade the VIP wherever he goes, I think a better solution would be to have the marker update every 3-5 seconds unless the VIP is currently in a car. This would give the VIP some wiggle room to reposition himself without getting prenaded on every single push.

Also, 2 vs 2 VIP should not exist whatsoever, it should only be a thing in groups of 3 and above.

There is far more to missions than what I just wrote, some missions are incredibly unbalanced and are often not even played and immediately abandoned upon receiving them. This includes Creme de la Crime, Anti-Social Networking, The Hidden Menace and many more.

Bugs

Just going into what exactly is happening when said bugs occur in this section.

Mahjong Money results in an instant win maybe 5-10% of the time for people who pick up the item first in the final stage. By pickup, i mean simply touching the item. By instant win, i mean the second they hit F on it, it results in an instant win.

I don't know the name off the top of my head, but, there is another mission where one of the stages results in picking up a small item for the attacker. The defender can walk up to the small item and hit F on it resulting in an instant win.

Common bug ever since the Halloween event, also the mission you're referring to is likely "Dial-A-Detonator"

Grenades shot out of an OPGL or STUN-PGL often completely vanish for no reason. Normal grenades do this too, more prevalent on waterfront.

This is likely because the grenade clips into or even falls through the floor, making it seem as if they disappeared and obviously deal no damage.

- Spotter mod sometimes refuses to spot people until you've shot a bullet, revealing your position. Seems to occur more often after a respawn where you havem't fired any bullets yet.

This usually only happens on targets that are further away from you (60+ meters would be my estimate) although I have no idea what actually causes this.

////////////////////

I'll probably update this post further but for now I think I went into how I feel about things noted well enough.

Edited by Frosi
  • Like 4

I agree with just about everything Virgil said, I would say the most critical needed overhauls and fixed have to be the spawns and missions. Take notes LO, this is what's hurting the game the most.

41 minutes ago, Virgil said:

spawns or missions are about tied tbh

i dont think you could get me to decide between the two with a gun to my head

Personally I'd have the spawns tweaked *before* missions. It might make some of them that much more bearable to the point where the rebalance needed might not be as extensive

• Like 1

im not a big fan of car det, but im gona desagree on that one i find it anoying yeah, but easy to evade remember a seyio or a pioneer cannot fit in every place and if u have one u can just get in and evade the damage, but besides that i love those ideas

Sorry for the crappy english 😅

1 hour ago, Shini said:

Those complaints are pretty much what I expect from a vet. I agree with the whole thing and they all need addressing. 
Personally think missions need addressing as a priority in my opinion.

With desync bug being the most annoying

yeah cameras, creme de la crime, destroy objectives are some old stuff they never even bother about.

PS: love u Shini 

My wishlist: 

Weapons: 

-Assault rifles category has no choice compare to other categories, Ntec is far stronger than anything in this category. Even, ntec can be stronger in a situation where it shouldn’t be, common example: it kills faster from 60m than obeya rifle. It needs slight nerf for bloom recovery to make tapping slower. 

FAR has a potential to be a counterpart of ntec and become meta if it will get small buff AND will be able to be bought from contacts. 

Low yields: it’s hard to run away from it due to fast flying speed and big blast radius. So, decrease its flying speed or blast radius.

Shotguns: nerf it until you find a solution against triggerbots(just joking)

Missions: remove VIP 2v2 or completely remove it from the game, because it’s so unbalanced 

Matchmaking: I know there’s no perfect solution until you release new engine and implement cross instance system but please, why against two 255r gold players the game puts one gold under 195r and two newbie silvers under 50r. When it happens I feel so sad for the gold player with two new players against me and my friend with 6k hours, and we can call backup against them

UPD: there’s new bug with radar tower appeared after last patches. Sometimes it doesn’t show enemy on the radar even if enemy stands on your car. Sometimes it becomes broken and you can see enemies no matter how far they are from your car

Edited by Lign
  • Like 1

I haven't had any of those Mission bugs occur with me... (And I would prefer the spawns to be fixed first)

I agree with most of what's here. Pretty constructive, and spoken not as a doomsayer, like some other threads...

Thank you.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Vincci said:

im not a big fan of car det, but im gona desagree on that one i find it anoying yeah, but easy to evade remember a seyio or a pioneer cannot fit in every place and if u have one u can just get in and evade the damage, but besides that i love those ideas

Sorry for the crappy english 😅

yeah cameras, creme de la crime, destroy objectives are some old stuff they never even bother about.

PS: love u Shini 

You are wrong, and very wrong.

You can fit a pioneer or espacio in every area of the game except for the same interiors that no vehicle in the game can go.. That's an actual fact, and very easy to prove.

26 minutes ago, Lign said:

My wishlist: 

Weapons: 

-Assault rifles category has no choice compare to other categories, Ntec is far stronger than anything in this category. Even, ntec can be stronger in a situation where it shouldn’t be, common example: it kills faster from 60m than obeya rifle. It needs slight nerf for bloom recovery to make tapping slower. 

FAR has a potential to be a counterpart of ntec and become meta if it will get small buff AND will be able to be bought from contacts. 

Low yields: it’s hard to run away from it due to fast flying speed and big blast radius. So, decrease its flying speed or blast radius.

Shotguns: nerf it until you find a solution against triggerbots(just joking)

Missions: remove VIP 2v2 or completely remove it from the game, because it’s so unbalanced 

Matchmaking: I know there’s no perfect solution until you release new engine and implement cross instance system but please, why against two 255r gold players the game puts one gold under 195r and two newbie silvers under 50r. When it happens I feel so sad for the gold player with two new players against me and my friend with 6k hours, and we can call backup against them

UPD: there’s new bug with radar tower appeared after last patches. Sometimes it doesn’t show enemy on the radar even if enemy stands on your car. Sometimes it becomes broken and you can see enemies no matter how far they are from your car

This isn't so much a balance thread as a fixing thread. Yet again, you are still wrong both about rifles, TTK, and matchmaking.

Rating does not correlate with skill, the hidden threat does, but its hidden.

Again, this thread isn't about balance, its about serious issues.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

This isn't so much a balance thread as a fixing thread. Yet again, you are still wrong both about rifles, TTK, and matchmaking.

Rating does not correlate with skill, the hidden threat does, but its hidden.

Again, this thread isn't about balance, its about serious issues.

Veterans ruin gameplay to the new players because of matchmaking, how is it not serious issue? or that about 80% of high skill players play only ntec, not a big issue?

Edited by Lign

37 minutes ago, Lign said:

Veterans ruin gameplay to the new players because of matchmaking, how is it not serious issue? or that about 80% of high skill players play only ntec, not a big issue?

The first has nothing to do with rating and everything to do with threat. Actual issue, but you are pointing out the wrong thing.

The second isn't true at all, maybe of "mid tier" players, sure. The actual high skill players use pretty much everything, 90% of my time playing is against these people. You see NTEC commonly used for several reasons. 1. Its one of the few guns that is capable of being used at every range engagement. 2. If you aren't premium, income is short. 3slot NTEC is best bang for your buck. 3. Its the only real gun that hasn't been hit with several unnecessary nerf cannons.  This goes without saying, an Obeya user who knows what hes doing is going to smoke an NTEC, so is an OCA user. This game is literally rock paper scissors, with a marginal skill influence. Use brainpower for the approach, rock paper scissors for the engagement.

You can debate this all you want, but you don't know what you're talking about. And this isn't the thread for it.

Edited by Virgil

3 hours ago, Frosi said:

snip

Spread/Hit Registry

Okay so, this one is a bit tricky as APB was designed around having Bloom for most of their guns as a major balancing factor and I honestly do not think it is an issue as it usually limits guns to their effective ranges. I get that the occassional death due to getting bad RNG is frustrating but it honestly doesn't happen very often at all, I can only think of a hand full of guns that sometimes felt like I was doing bad because I was getting bad RNG, namely the PMG or sometimes even the FBW or .45. I still do not think that it is an issue as all three of those can poke or even kill very efficiently at further ranges.

As for Hit Registry itself, there are no real words to describe how bad it has become after the Network changes LO did earlier this year. Guns like the OSCAR, ISSR-B and Scout are heavily affected by it as you can tell far easier that your hits aren't being registered instead of thinking that you simply had bad RNG. (This could also be a reason why RNG feels "bad" even tho it is not your RNG but rather the server not registering your shots correctly)

Usually speaking, you will notice that something is up with just about every gun that is close to being pinpoint accurate, especially on moving targets. Here are a few clips that show what I am describing.

snip

Sorry for double post, but wanted you to get the notification.

What would you classify this as:

This happens often to myself and my friends, specifically with semi-auto weaponry. Is this poor hitreg, or is it spread? It is frequent enough for us to complain about it -- The kicker is, this happens and you can see the particles from impacts nearby in many other clips. This happens frequently enough for 10-15 of us to actively notice it in eachothers gameplay clips/videos, and actively complain about it.

Edited by Virgil

4 hours ago, Kempington said:

traffic lights not working in financial this game sucks

Very constructive posts.

Keeping a close eye on this, feel free to continue your discussions and ideas.

Will be keeping this thread in the social section for now.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Sorry for double post, but wanted you to get the notification.

-snip-

Considering that you're playing on NA which seems to be under DDoS mitigation quite a lot I'd say that it's probably a combination of the three? I play on Citadel and while there are blatant hitreg issues, they are never this bad. Your clip also reminds me of something that happened to sevaht  a few months back although his crosshair never turned red while yours was so it could be two different issues going on.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Percocet said:

traffic lights not working in financial this game sucks

75% of the pedestrian crossings are also missing rip

yes because the traffic lights wont let them cross, because of traffic

Edited by Percocet

oh oh oh, can i use your thread to rant a little?

Missions

now that we're talking about timers, tigers-on-parade... do i need to say anything else?, the idea is great for a single player game, but for a competitive multiplayer... yeah, no, unless the attacking team is a lot better than the defending one, it gives the defending team way too much of an advantage. for those who dont know, tigers on parade is a mission where,after completeing an objective, the timer gets added a couple of minutes, to the point where, if you finished the objective with just a a couple of seconds left in the clock, you'll have like 1 minute 30 to do the next objective,

another thing i personally hate are the places in the map that have only 1 way in. total pain to attack those places, specially when you need to climb a ladder to acces, and there are no places to snipe that place from,

Vehicles

or to be more presice, vehicles-objectives. "is the objective a car? ok everyone, grab your pioneers and espacios, because this is now APB: CAR SOCCER EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEME! SO EXTREME THAT EVEN THE BALL IS A CAR!.  on top of that, lets not forget the forever rules of car objectives in apb. as attacker: did the defenders arrive first? yes? blow up the car and get to the next location.  as a defender: do you like where the car is? no? tow truck it to your favorite defensive spot, and dont forget to block the all doors.

on top of that (and this is just my opinion, i feel it might be pretty unpopular): vegas. sepcially 4x4 vegas. who thought making a sports car, with aceleration so high it allows you to run with VIP/package, with more than enough strenght to push other cars EVEN IF THEY HAVE THE ITEM/VIP INSIDE, and with VERY high hp, was a good idea?

Obvious

matchmaking system (2 golds in a premade team = a pug with 1 gold and 1 bronze. no option for backup ; 3 obviously not-close-to-silver golds = 1 gold, 2 silvers, no option for backup.), threat system, spawns, needs fixing but we all know that.

note: i'd also like a "surrender" option, for those times where you're stuck in a hopeless battle. just sayin'

14-polar-bear-17084.jpg

Edited by TheOppositePolarBear

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

Too long to quote

yes

Edited by dreamside

i tried finding something to disagree on...sadly i couldn't. This post sums up basically everything wrong with the game