CommandantSteele

Community poll: Is crouchspamming a problem? Should it be fixed?

Is crouchspamming a problem? Should it be fixed?  

223 members have voted

1. 1. Is crouchspamming a problem? Should it be fixed?

• Yes, Crouchspamming is a problem and should be looked at/fixed.
    • No, crouchspamming is not a problem and you need to get better at the game.

so... most games sniper is 1 hit..people could complain about stabba..how long it takes to respawn after geting hit.. end of the day i dont think anything about weapons should be messed with... just add hack shield...add new mission maps..new game mode..""""plz not battle royle""" 

any sniper is weak up close any of us rush snipers and use strategy rather than trying to 1 on 1 a sniper like a fool at long range

haent seen many places on apb that you cant counter a sniper

so i dont see any true problem cover or not  some matches you win some you lose

14 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

any sniper is weak up close any of us rush snipers and use strategy rather than trying to 1 on 1 a sniper like a fool at long range

haent seen many places on apb that you cant counter a sniper

so i dont see any true problem cover or not  some matches you win some you lose

I am aware of and use this tactic myself. Problem is when it's a 1v1 and you need to cross the snipers field of fire to get to them... Well. You know.

I cant beat every other gun in every other scenario with my trusty ntec. 

Plz fix. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I cant beat every other gun in every other scenario with my trusty ntec. 

Plz fix. 

I actually hesitate to use the Ntec. I like the challenge of using non-meta weapons.

24 minutes ago, TR0Nx said:

so... most games sniper is 1 hit..people could complain about stabba..how long it takes to respawn after geting hit.. end of the day i dont think anything about weapons should be messed with... just add hack shield...add new mission maps..new game mode..""""plz not battle royle""" 

In most other games, the respawn process don't take nearly 20 seconds and usually puts you in a pretty bad position if your car spawner's blocked which is why 1 hit kill is more alright there. Here, it becomes a 50/50 situation where you either get hit and rushed by a teammate of theirs, or you get hit and you are literally forced to sit and wait until you've regen'd your health because in a lot of cases it's really not precise when you can run out again after an HVR hit outside of the full-health sound. Therein lies the issue, you're forced to effectively be a waste to your team until you can move again or hope that you support from low health. But if it's the case of a takeout mission then you really can't afford to hope to support with low health, you're pretty much forced to just sit down and wait. That's assuming the HVR lad wasn't close enough to throw nades at you now, or a flanking teammate of his.

I already know who you are, and I know that you've stated that you've pretty much never played any other weapon than snipers, so I'd say you have a heavy bias on this subject. At least feel like that's worth mentioning to understand your point of view. The HVR has been complained about for as long as I've played the game and I'm on my seventh year now - yet I'm not even close to being as old as some other nerds here and they've all said people have always complained about the HVR, pretty much.

Edited by Voerman

As Lust mentioned, I don't think I've ever considered this a real problem and I've been here since 2011. I don't get why people think crouching/uncrouching should have some kind of weird aim penalty when literally any other shooter out there does the same thing. Fortnite, PUBG, ArmA, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Halo. If you're aiming at someone, crouching and uncrouching literally does nothing to your accuracy.

Also, the post earlier saying "The only counter to an HVR is another HVR" clearly doesn't understand the game mechanics enough. HVR's get beat out (At range) by Obeyas, Ntecs, even Stars quite often. It's not hard, adapt. Don't try to fight a sniper head on who has cover. That should literally be Rule #1. SMH

1 minute ago, TheAceNinja said:

As Lust mentioned, I don't think I've ever considered this a real problem and I've been here since 2011. I don't get why people think crouching/uncrouching should have some kind of weird aim penalty when literally any other shooter out there does the same thing. Fortnite, PUBG, ArmA, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Halo. If you're aiming at someone, crouching and uncrouching literally does nothing to your accuracy.

Also, the post earlier saying "The only counter to an HVR is another HVR" clearly doesn't understand the game mechanics enough. HVR's get beat out (At range) by Obeyas, Ntecs, even Stars quite often. It's not hard, adapt. Don't try to fight a sniper head on who has cover. That should literally be Rule #1. SMH

Of the shooters you picked, don't PUBG, ArmA, Battlefield, and CoD have animations that prevent you from rapidly crouching up and down? APB lacks this.

1 minute ago, Freewind said:

Of the shooters you picked, don't PUBG, ArmA, Battlefield, and CoD have animations that prevent you from rapidly crouching up and down? APB lacks this.

Not really. You can easily crouch spam in all of those games. Granted it's not as FAST as APB, but it's still hilarious to play Wack-A-Mole in those games.

Main abusers for this bug is for guns that have long delays between shots Like Hvr-Obir-Dmr 

and it is such an annoying mechanic as long as you Legit don't stand a chance to kill a guy who's crouch peaking all the time with obir-Hvr-Etc... if you were in the open

I Be live that csgo did such a nice job Fixing the problem by adding a delay to the crouch so there would be a slow crouch up and crouch down animation and it

keep getting slower and slower until you completely stop Here is a video to show the example 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nijavid said:

snip

I'd personally be okay with this as long as it wasn't too severe. There's plenty of reasons to crouch and not all of them involve abusing the mechanic. I wouldn't want to punish people who are moving around a lot to cover an area, mainly the people who are standing still and spamming up and down.

Well that is the perfect fix in my opinion

1 hour ago, TheAceNinja said:

That's assuming the Obeya/HVR are just sitting in the open. HVR wins at range if the HVR has any cover. It's taking into account any hypothetical situations - HVR has generally been seen as only TRULY counterable by another HVR simply because it's the only weapon able to pull out the amount of damage in that short span of time. Forcing a stalemate.

At mid-long range with favorable set-up and all that, sure, those weapons aside from the STAR counter an HVR. But these days, you're not gonna find a HVR that's either not QSing or out of cover. Not to mention, that's not even taking into account the enemy team outside of the HVR - or more HVRs.

I mean, my personal go-to counter to the HVR has always been a brick in the face since they usually don't see it coming but I'm always laughed at by my team for using them. Yet it keeps giving consistent results.

3 hours ago, MoeEveryWeek said:

I do not think of it is a problem as people would do this in real life like in paintball, not in a tea bagging sense but obviously to peak over a wall to get a view of the field, but a suggestion would be that obviously you cannot crouch continuously that it would tire the character out rendering them unable to sprint for a few seconds as they catch their breath. Just like getting shot by an LTL weapon to the point of nearly being stunned, the player would not be able to sprint for a short period of time.

And it is not an unfair advantage as this is simply a skill anyone can do it is just whether they perform it well or not. Like when a projectile comes flying at you, an immediate response would be to jump out of the way or shrink/curl up small enough to make the projectile miss. In this game, in this everyone know about it, it's just whether they use it or not.

They are using crouchspam to mess up hitreg, it is bug-abuse and should be fixed quite frankly.

2 minutes ago, Sniperturtle said:

They are using crouchspam to mess up hitreg, it is bug-abuse and should be fixed quite frankly.

Thought he meant about 1v1 battle and how they crouch under your gun suddenly, making you slip.

Adding any sort of delay to crouching or making people who are standing up to take a shot have some additional bloom would just break the game. Imagine you want to quickly pop and take a shot so you stand up but now you have to wait like an idiot for some special bloom to calm down and by the time it does you will probably be dead already because everyone will start shooting at you as soon as you pop your head out of cover. Crouch spamming is completely ok. Just take cover yourself or nade that person. Or become the fastest gunslinger in the wild west and shoot the guy as soon as he pops up to take a shot. Often it's not even about your reaction time but just prediction. If you lean out of cover you can expect the guy to try to take a shot and you should take a shot yourself. Very often they will stand up right into your shot.

Edit: If they would introduce anti crouch spam delay you wouldn't be able to make some mlg plays anymore. You would be destined to die if several people were trying to kill you at the same time if you are taking cover behind a shield for example.

Edited by Thial

9 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Ive never noticed hitreg issues with crouch spammers. 

People also said that sprint shooting messed up the hitboxes/hit reg and I never noticed that personally, but it still got removed so. /shrug

4 minutes ago, Similarities said:

People also said that sprint shooting messed up the hitboxes/hit reg and I never noticed that personally, but it still got removed so. /shrug

same here, as long as I was on point all my shots were landing perfectly fine.

27 minutes ago, Thial said:

Adding any sort of delay to crouching or making people who are standing up to take a shot have some additional bloom would just break the game. Imagine you want to quickly pop and take a shot so you stand up but now you have to wait like an idiot for some special bloom to calm down and by the time it does you will probably be dead already because everyone will start shooting at you as soon as you pop your head out of cover. Crouch spamming is completely ok. Just take cover yourself or nade that person. Or become the fastest gunslinger in the wild west and shoot the guy as soon as he pops up to take a shot. Often it's not even about your reaction time but just prediction. If you lean out of cover you can expect the guy to try to take a shot and you should take a shot yourself. Very often they will stand up right into your shot.

Edit: If they would introduce anti crouch spam delay you wouldn't be able to make some mlg plays anymore. You would be destined to die if several people were trying to kill you at the same time if you are taking cover behind a shield for example.

If this was implemented properly, you could still pop up, take a shot, and then duck back down. You just couldn't bounce up and down 100000 times in a few moments and have perfect aim while doing so.

Crouching up and down during a duel isn't a problem, it's honestly kinda expected, like popping out of a corner to take a shot in any other circumstance where you don't have convenient chest high walls. It's people who crouch up and down almost CONSTANTLY while still having perfect aim is the problem. That's what really needs to be fixed. If APB had projectile based weapons this wouldn't be a problem because you could just preshoot before they stood up, but it doesn't, and adding projectile based weapons would be a much larger change in gameplay than fixing crouchspamming.

Doing this should not enable you to keep perfect aim.

MLG plays will still be possible. You just need to commit to actually taking the shot when you stand up. Not just stand up, decide against it, and then get up again with no consequence.

• Like 1

Honestly, i never found this as a problem. In fact, i find it quite silly..

2 minutes ago, Freewind said:

If this was implemented properly, you could still pop up, take a shot, and then duck back down. You just couldn't bounce up and down 100000 times in a few moments and have perfect aim while doing so.

Crouching up and down during a duel isn't a problem, it's honestly kinda expected, like popping out of a corner to take a shot in any other circumstance where you don't have convenient chest high walls. It's people who crouch up and down almost CONSTANTLY while still having perfect aim is the problem. That's what really needs to be fixed. If APB had projectile based weapons this wouldn't be a problem because you could just preshoot before they stood up, but it doesn't, and adding projectile based weapons would be a much larger change in gameplay than fixing crouchspamming.

Doing this should not enable you to keep perfect aim.

MLG plays will still be possible. You just need to commit to actually taking the shot when you stand up. Not just stand up, decide against it, and then get up again with no consequence.

I would agree that it could be slightly adjusted but not completely nerfed. Another thing which should be adjusted is corner camping since if you are good at it you can peek just enough to shoot but in a way that your model is not even visible to your enemies. They should change it so you need to expose yourself more to actually take shots

1 minute ago, Thial said:

I would agree that it could be slightly adjusted but not completely nerfed. Another thing which should be adjusted is corner camping since if you are good at it you can peek just enough to shoot but in a way that your model is not even visible to your enemies. They should change it so you need to expose yourself more to actually take shots

Yeah. That too. That's really frustrating but I didn't want to overload the topic with stuff and have it get bogged down. Maybe later. APB is pretty good about that though because in most cases you'll need to have the barrel of the weapon exposed in order to take the shot since that's where the game registers the laser beam. I've had situations where I could see the target and had my crosshair perfect but I still didn't hit because the weapon itself wasn't out of cover.

Needs to be a bit more consistent and I think the root of the problem is the leaning system. But we certainly can't take that out of the game. I mean we could but that has 99 valid uses and only one problem for now.

Least of the problems, if anything, it makes you a easier target since you are moving a lot less.