CommandantSteele

Community poll: Is crouchspamming a problem? Should it be fixed?

Is crouchspamming a problem? Should it be fixed?  

223 members have voted

1. 1. Is crouchspamming a problem? Should it be fixed?

• Yes, Crouchspamming is a problem and should be looked at/fixed.
    • No, crouchspamming is not a problem and you need to get better at the game.

Sometimes the hardest thing to learn is when to disengage. 

You dont have to fight every battle to the death. 

Learn this and suddenly "crouch spammers" (as well as HVR users generally) arent a problem. 

• Like 1

I do not think it is a problem, however I do think the devs could tweak it a bit. By tweaking I mean to implement a sort of fatigue system for crouching. It sounds awful but just bear with me. People who played CSGO know this, but basically in that game the more times you crouch the slower the crouch is. So basically the more you crouch the more  slow and unresponsive your crouching is. I would suggest implementing the same thing here. This way if you crouch too much in a small time frame you become slow, fatigued for a short time period. This prevents you from spamming the crouch and makes you wait a bit until you can crouch normally at full speed, giving your opponent at least some time to react or to get to cover. Therefore this makes combat more challenging and interesting for both sides and evens the battlefield. This way there is no need to make adjustments to weapon bloom or recoil and makes combat a bit more balanced. I think you should be able to crouch once at full speed every 1-1.5 seconds. If you crouch multiple times during this period, the crouch slowness increases exponentially with every additional crouch after the first one so the next crouch is slower if you don't sit still for a short while.

So spamming crouch and stand when using ntec and joker, does it actually help get bloom down faster? I dont think it makes a difference at all, hence, its just visually annoying.